Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 10:35 PM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
2023 Acura Integra Type S

The following 2 users liked this post by E92Vancouver:
LidoGod (07-05-2023), Nedmundo (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 07:59 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Cool! I think he did a good job with the render, with the lower grill expansion being an especially nice touch. I don't share his prediction about the engine though. I think the CTR will remain the most powerful because, as he said, it's more about raw performance. I expect the Integra Type S to get the 272hp version of the 2.0T, maybe slightly tweaked for about 285hp, but it might also be available with AWD which will distinguish it from the CTR.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nedmundo:
E92Vancouver (12-19-2021), lumper (04-05-2023)
Old 12-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Redbiff

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, that design makes me more interested in this car again. After that initial prototype debut I lost interest in this car and have been thinking again about the new TLX instead but hesitate cause I don't want to give up my 30pmg that my TSX and TLX give me now. Will see.
The following users liked this post:
E92Vancouver (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 05:25 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Nedmundo
Cool! I think he did a good job with the render, with the lower grill expansion being an especially nice touch. I don't share his prediction about the engine though. I think the CTR will remain the most powerful because, as he said, it's more about raw performance. I expect the Integra Type S to get the 272hp version of the 2.0T, maybe slightly tweaked for about 285hp, but it might also be available with AWD which will distinguish it from the CTR.
Yes, I was quite impressed. None of that fanboi fantasy renderings.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:56 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Old 01-26-2022, 05:42 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Integra Type S rendering

Not too bad. After owning MANY Acuras I would suggest these thoughts.
1. Engine more closely resembling the current Acura 2.0 4 cyl turbo eng. 280 hp...a little bump up maybe.
2. SH-Awd std...or optional
3. Darken headlight/taillight lenses like has been done on A-Specs and Type S Acuras
4. Wheels/tires not quite so large as he put on it. 19's at most, maybe 18's with proper sized wide tires.
5. Acura symbol in grill...probably too large for this vehicle. Similar but, size it down some.
6. Side skirt not bad.
7. Spoiler hard to see to really evaluate, but, I agree is should NOT be anything close to the Civic Type R one. Raised a little yes, that blends
well with the rear shape.
8. He didn't show rear...but, a hot lower diffuser that encompasses the exhaust outlets...maybe play with actual look and sizing of the outlets.
9. Lower stance would be good. To give it a "sporty sedan look" and not so much a "regular sedan posture."
10. All engine..no electric motors!
11. Yes on an optional dual clutch type auto trans. I believe the Civic Type R is going to do that. Would be great IF it was shifted by an actual shift
lever and NOT push buttons. Let's get away from the buttons a little bit here! All Acuras don't need to be clones of one another in the console area.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Acura TL Racer (05-04-2022), lauren01 (05-30-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Not too bad. After owning MANY Acuras I would suggest these thoughts.
1. Engine more closely resembling the current Acura 2.0 4 cyl turbo eng. 280 hp...a little bump up maybe.
2. SH-Awd std...or optional
3. Darken headlight/taillight lenses like has been done on A-Specs and Type S Acuras
4. Wheels/tires not quite so large as he put on it. 19's at most, maybe 18's with proper sized wide tires.
5. Acura symbol in grill...probably too large for this vehicle. Similar but, size it down some.
6. Side skirt not bad.
7. Spoiler hard to see to really evaluate, but, I agree is should NOT be anything close to the Civic Type R one. Raised a little yes, that blends
well with the rear shape.
8. He didn't show rear...but, a hot lower diffuser that encompasses the exhaust outlets...maybe play with actual look and sizing of the outlets.
9. Lower stance would be good. To give it a "sporty sedan look" and not so much a "regular sedan posture."
10. All engine..no electric motors!
11. Yes on an optional dual clutch type auto trans. I believe the Civic Type R is going to do that. Would be great IF it was shifted by an actual shift
lever and NOT push buttons. Let's get away from the buttons a little bit here! All Acuras don't need to be clones of one another in the console area.
I'm wondering if they will follow thru and keep all of the Acura Type S engine/drive train the same. There is an RDX Type S slated for 2023 with the family 3.0 v6 turbo with SH-AWD.
It wouldn't make since to not keep all the Type S family with the same drive train, TLX-S, MDX-S, RDX-S, and Integra-S.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by DaIll1
I'm wondering if they will follow thru and keep all of the Acura Type S engine/drive train the same. There is an RDX Type S slated for 2023 with the family 3.0 v6 turbo with SH-AWD.
It wouldn't make since to not keep all the Type S family with the same drive train, TLX-S, MDX-S, RDX-S, and Integra-S.
V6 T can’t fit in the Integra plus it would drive up cost and would essentially eat the TLX S sales. RDX S won’t come till 4th Gen. 3rd Gen doesn’t have the structural rigidity to encompass a Type S model as when the development of the 3rd Gen was concluded Acura had gotten Type S approved by Honda. Integra Type S will get the 2.0T from either the TLX or the CTR
Old 01-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TigerEyeJazz
V6 T can’t fit in the Integra plus it would drive up cost and would essentially eat the TLX S sales. RDX S won’t come till 4th Gen. 3rd Gen doesn’t have the structural rigidity to encompass a Type S model as when the development of the 3rd Gen was concluded Acura had gotten Type S approved by Honda. Integra Type S will get the 2.0T from either the TLX or the CTR
I assumed they resized the new 3 L so it would fit in the smaller chassis, yeah, it's just a dream. 355hp is probably too much for the Crosstour chassis.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
If Acura takes the more powerful turbo 2.0 from the TLX and gives the Integra SH-AWD, then the TLX will likely fall off my list of cars for consideration when my lease is up and the Integra will be considered instead. That said, that's also probably why the Integra won't get SH-AWD as it may cannibalize too many TLX sales (that's my theory anyway). I'd otherwise love to have that hatchback trunk and a lighter/smaller car but still similar interior dimensions.
dregsfan (03-09-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by norsairius
If Acura takes the more powerful turbo 2.0 from the TLX and gives the Integra SH-AWD, then the TLX will likely fall off my list of cars for consideration when my lease is up and the Integra will be considered instead. That said, that's also probably why the Integra won't get SH-AWD as it may cannibalize too many TLX sales (that's my theory anyway). I'd otherwise love to have that hatchback trunk and a lighter/smaller car but still similar interior dimensions.
I agree. IF that Integra were to do that and have a DCT auto trans...I'd get it before the TLX. Hoping for great handling, great int, etc, etc. too.
Old 02-09-2022, 09:54 AM
Instructor

I agree. IF that Integra were to do that and have a DCT auto trans...I'd get it before the TLX. Hoping for great handling, great int, etc, etc. too.
Good point on the DCT transmission. That would be awesome, though I admittedly like the 10 speed more than I thought I would. It would be nice if it were more responsive and snappier in manual mode though. CVT would otherwise be a deal breaker for me.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

The current DCT 8 speed clutches are weak. If you plan on adding power they won't take much and there aren't any aftermarket upgrades.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Good point on the DCT transmission. That would be awesome, though I admittedly like the 10 speed more than I thought I would. It would be nice if it were more responsive and snappier in manual mode though. CVT would otherwise be a deal breaker for me.
i think personally a 10 AT is better then the DCT they have for the ILX. All they need to do is a Type S tune and strengthen it like they did with the TLX S and MDX S.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I actually think the Type S will have the same powertrain setup as the Accord 2.0T, with a hp/lb-ft rating that comes in under the base TLX. Time will tell.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Pro

i think personally a 10 AT is better then the DCT they have for the ILX. All they need to do is a Type S tune and strengthen it like they did with the TLX S and MDX S.
Very good point. I've been holding out hope for the DCT, because I know Honda has paired the 8DCT with the 1.5T engine for testing, even letting journalists drive it. But IIRC, the 8DCT from the current ILX (and 1G TLX 2.4) can't handle much torque, so it would probably need a heavy overhaul to work with an Integra Type-S. It would probably be easier to use the 10AT across the board, and that's fine. I've driven the Accord Sport 2.0T with the AT, and was shocked how much I liked it. As long as no CVT ever contaminates the drivetrain of a single Integra, I'll consider one if I decide not to go electric.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Looks like SH-AWD has been confirmed:
​​​​​​https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...to-get-sh-awd/
Old 02-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Not fully. It was on a dealership website but that doesn’t confirm it
Old 02-23-2022, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Not fully. It was on a dealership website but that doesn’t confirm it
Looks like Acura Canada confirmed it will be FWD only

Dans une déclaration transmise au Guide de l'auto, Acura Canada affirme que « l’Integra va perpétuer sa tradition d’être l’une des voitures à traction les plus agréables à conduire sur le marché. »
-> In a statement to The Car Guide, Acura Canada says, “The Integra will continue its tradition of being one of the most fun-to-drive front-drive cars on the market."

https://www.guideautoweb.com/article...=reco#cxrecs_s

Last edited by pyrodan007; 02-23-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Looks like Acura Canada confirmed it will be FWD only

-> In a statement to The Car Guide, Acura Canada says, “The Integra will continue its tradition of being one of the most fun-to-drive front-drive cars on the market."

https://www.guideautoweb.com/article...=reco#cxrecs_s
yep so did Acura America said the exact same wording.
pyrodan007 (02-23-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 12:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah now it does look like that may have been a mistake, this is unfortunate.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:15 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Well, the supposedly leaked email does state "available" and Acura's statement doesn't exactly nullify it as an option altogether. So, sure at the base price it will be a FWD, but maybe there's still some chance SH-AWD will be "available".
Old 02-27-2022, 10:07 AM
Instructor

This is very exciting if true, though additional replies in this thread cast some doubt, unfortunately.

If Acura gives the Integra SH-AWD, a more powerful engine (I'm thinking at least Accord 2.0T levels of power), and a decent transmission (even the 10 spd. would be fine), then the TLX would be dead to me (well, depends on the execution of such a hypothetical trim level anyway). However, if Acura boosts the power of the TLX to keep it more competitive with an AWD Integra, then the TLX is still in play for me (depending on how much more power the TLX gets though, if any).

As much as I doubt this will happen (I sure as hell hope so!), an Integra with SH-AWD + more powerful engine + manual would make it extremely difficult to consider anything else. It would put Acura squarely in contention with the likes of other enthusiast offerings like the Subaru WRX, Golf GTI/R, Veloster N, etc. and I think the Acura would be very competitive against those if it gives the Integra these things. And for goodness' sake, don't make a the trim with all those things some kinda limited unicorn trim that's hard to find. If I have to work hard to get one, then I'm not going to when the competition makes it easier.

Otherwise, if no manual is offered but even the 10-speed auto, I still think it could do pretty well. Though the 10-speed would not compare well against the dual clutch offerings of the GTI/R or Veloster N. I could see it being better than a CVT though, but that's not a high bar to clear. The 10-speed needs some better programming and snappier shifts for manual mode though. Manual mode is practically useless and relatively unresponsive in the non-Type S TLX.

That said, Acura has had some missteps lately that I'm hoping they'll work to improve and address in the coming years as these new designs/vehicles have been good steps in the right direction, but they're still not quite "there" yet. I think the coming years will be very important for Acura if it wants to remain relevant. Its competition hasn't stopped, and won't stop, improving and Acura still has catching up to do despite how good I think their more recent offerings are.

Last edited by norsairius; 02-27-2022 at 10:14 AM.
a35tl (03-11-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 05:28 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

4 "things" to move me to an Integra

1. Type S version with at least the engine that's in the current RDX.
2. Auto trans...10 is good. They've refined it a lot lately.
3. SH-Awd
4. Enough "options" to make it a well loaded sports style 4 dr. Leather, etc...goodies like the TLX.

If not, then I can't see getting one...for me anyway. The TLX Type S will have to be "good enough!"

For me, it needs to be a "scaled down version..of sorts" of the TLX Type S.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Looks like the Integra will have the CVT as the only Auto choice. Yet another Acura blunder

https://carbuzz.com/news/theres-bad-...s-transmission
norsairius (03-06-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
We’ll see how the Type S shapes up, but for the regular one Acura somehow managed to both exceed and fall short of what I thought was reasonable.

Originally Posted by fiatlux
What I would love to see:
Base Integra: 1.5T from the Si mated to the 8DCT or 6MT
GSR Integra: 2.0T from the TLX/RDX mated to the 10AT or 6MT
Type R Integra: 2.0T from the CTR mated to the 6MT

What I think we'll see:
Base Integra: 1.5T from the Si mated to the 8DCT
Type S Integra: 2.0T from the TLX/RDX mated to the 10AT.

What wouldn't surprise me becuase Acura can sometimes be a dumbass:
Base Integra: 1.5T from the Si mated to the CVT
Type S Integra: 2.0T from the TLX/RDX mated to the 10AT.
​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (03-06-2022), norsairius (03-06-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 10:12 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I actually think the Type S will have the same powertrain setup as the Accord 2.0T, with a hp/lb-ft rating that comes in under the base TLX. Time will tell.
that would be a great powertrain combination with the 6MT limited slip (same as the now discontinued Accord Sport)
norsairius (03-08-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 10:18 AM
Pro

Looks like the Integra will have the CVT as the only Auto choice. Yet another Acura blunder

https://carbuzz.com/news/theres-bad-...s-transmission
Wow. On the surface, at least, I agree this would be a huge blunder. Perhaps they've heavily tweaked the CVT for the Integra to make it acceptable for enthusiasts, but I'm extremely skeptical. Subaru is using a CVT in the new WRX, which is perhaps even more surprising, but I know from experience that their CVTs have been dramatically improved in recent years so maybe it's not too bad. The CVT in our 2016 Forester has some issues, but I have driven a current generation Forester and it was much, much better.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Instructor

Articles coming out with more pics today.Here's one:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/44679/...p-and-a-manual

I thought the initial reveal looked all right, but now I think it looks even better in the red, blue, and grey colors they've shown the car in too. CVT unfortunately 100% confirmed, but thankfully manual is still an option. Looking forward to seeing what the Type S will bring!
Old 03-10-2022, 03:20 PM
Safety Car

I for one hope that the regular Integra is an abject sales failure so that Acura knows they can't just phone it in on the Type S model. Otherwise, I could totally see Honda telling them, "No, you cannot use the CTR powertrain in this, Type R must be fastest and best" and they just lie down and take it and put in the RDX/TLX version. Put the K20C1 with the 6MT into this exact car, price it in the mid-to-high 40s, and assuming no markup I will be one of the first in line.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I for one hope that the regular Integra is an abject sales failure so that Acura knows they can't just phone it in on the Type S model. Otherwise, I could totally see Honda telling them, "No, you cannot use the CTR powertrain in this, Type R must be fastest and best" and they just lie down and take it and put in the RDX/TLX version. Put the K20C1 with the 6MT into this exact car, price it in the mid-to-high 40s, and assuming no markup I will be one of the first in line.
I'd be right behind you.

Honestly, the reveal actually looks quite good IMO. Let's be honest, Acura doesn't attract too many real enthusiasts. Despite people hating the CVT, I bet a lot of people looking to get into an automatic Integra likely won't have any real qualms about it. Personally, I think they'll sell well, for better or worse.

That being said, my belief is there's 0% chance that it gets the K20C1. That engine is sacred to Honda ... they've already said that Type-R gets to be king of the performance hill, Type-S is just the nicest trim you can get an Acura in. Maybe the K20C4 ... maybe. Even then, not a bad deal. Do a turbo swap, DP, intake, fuel system and tune and you'd be making north of 400wHP. In a package that's likely to be ~3,300lbs, that's going to surprise a lot of cars from a roll (including taking a TLX-S's lunch money and then banging its sister while it watches). From a dig, you're going to get beat by Karens in their Odysseys that want to squeeze in before turning into CostCo.

That being said, if the Type-S does get the C4, mid-$40k price tag and doesn't have obscene mark-ups because pimply-faced assholes aren't clamoring over each other to pay $10k+ over sticker for it ... I'd easily take it over the Type-R for the more refined interior and better road manners.

Last edited by leomio2.0; 03-10-2022 at 05:49 PM.
MarcoTLX (03-11-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Articles coming out with more pics today.Here's one:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/44679/...p-and-a-manual

I thought the initial reveal looked all right, but now I think it looks even better in the red, blue, and grey colors they've shown the car in too. CVT unfortunately 100% confirmed, but thankfully manual is still an option. Looking forward to seeing what the Type S will bring!
But unfortunately you can only get the manual on the highest trim according to the below. Speculation puts that around $40K and financially it will make no sense to buy this over a Civic. Bizarre stuff!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...fficial-debut/
Old 03-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Safety Car

But unfortunately you can only get the manual on the highest trim according to the below. Speculation puts that around $40K and financially it will make no sense to buy this over a Civic. Bizarre stuff!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...fficial-debut/
I think they had no choice but to put it on the top trim level (even though I think it's going to be dead in a couple years because the CTR/ITS exists). If they made it available with the base, it would be far too close to the Civic Si and would cannibalize Si sales. It's like the EP3 Si vs base DC5 thing all over again

It's funny how when the Accord 2.0T manual was only offered in the Sport trim and not higher, people were complaining about how Honda was penalizing those who want a manual. Now they offer a manual in the highest trim, and people are complaining about how they're paywalling those who want a manual.
The following 5 users liked this post by fiatlux:
Chargersix (03-11-2022), DJ Iceman (03-10-2022), Honda430 (03-11-2022), MarcoTLX (03-11-2022), Nedmundo (03-11-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 06:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think they had no choice but to put it on the top trim level (even though I think it's going to be dead in a couple years because the CTR/ITS exists). If they made it available with the base, it would be far too close to the Civic Si and would cannibalize Si sales. It's like the EP3 Si vs base DC5 thing all over again

It's funny how when the Accord 2.0T manual was only offered in the Sport trim and not higher, people were complaining about how Honda was penalizing those who want a manual. Now they offer a manual in the highest trim, and people are complaining about how they're paywalling those who want a manual.
​​​​​​Both extremes can be silly, which I feel is the case here. But if having to choose I would rather see it on the highest trim vs not. But the problem is going to be price and just not enough difference between this and the Civic.

It's a tough market niche and once again Acura has created a bizarre limbo that no one was really asking for.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:53 PM
Safety Car

​​​​​​Both extremes can be silly, which I feel is the case here. But if having to choose I would rather see it on the highest trim vs not. But the problem is going to be price and just not enough difference between this and the Civic.

It's a tough market niche and once again Acura has created a bizarre limbo that no one was really asking for.
The funny thing is, I think this will actually steal sales from the FWD TLX. It can be had with a manual, is way cheaper, is roomier in the back and is more practical with the hatch, and is probably faster unless Acura puts it on a Big Mac diet like it did with the TLX.
Nedmundo (03-11-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

The funny thing is, I think this will actually steal sales from the FWD TLX. It can be had with a manual, is way cheaper, is roomier in the back and is more practical with the hatch, and is probably faster unless Acura puts it on a Big Mac diet like it did with the TLX.
I agree. I actually think the TLX is dead already and will be discontinued sooner than later.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:46 AM
AZ Community Team

AoA

AoA take on the Integra, and yes the haters are abound

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-11-2022 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:04 AM
AZ Community Team

^ I was surprised how some of the recent years ILX sales outdid so many competitors
Old 03-11-2022, 10:01 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
^ I was surprised how some of the recent years ILX sales outdid so many competitors
I'm not. The ILX has been a very clever example of style over substance ever since its last refresh. For many average Americans, it's cheap luxury - which is an oxymoron, I know. For the average, uninformed Joe looking at Japanese cars, Acura is to Honda what Lexus is to Toyota and what Infiniti is to Nissan. Pure and simple way of thinking - no perceived difference other than the names on the back. These folks purchase an ILX and think, when an IS 300 or 350 crosses their path, "Ha, ha HA! That sucker paid way more than I did for the same experience". Little do they know; but that's the point - little do they know indeed. Acura has been very successful at making money off of the average uninformed masses for a while now.
ESHBG (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
AoA take on the Integra, and yes the haters are abound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0vuxZhiVA
So not wanting a CVT in a performance car and acknowledging that Acura has a nice DCT and a 10 sp automatic and being disappointed that those aren't choices makes one a hater? Acura remains in business because some of you will swallow anything you are force fed by them no matter how ridiculous it is.

More odd moves: I read that the base Civic gets the 9 in screen but the Base Integra the 7 in.
silverTL6 (03-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Integra 2023 Acura Integra Type S