Test drove and ILX.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
our first ILX owner!! long time AZ member.^^^

please enlighten us on your experiences so far.
Hi TLtrigirl,

Actually Tyson was the first. Below is the link to his thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/new-owner-silver-moon-6mt-pics-860400/
I have been watching his drive to five in his Legend for some time.

acshirains has also made his first post on the forum in Tyson's thread and he just got one.

Santabarbaran has a ILX Hybrid, he too made his first post to this forum
https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/mpg-hybrid-861800/

Below is my thread and some pics, will continue to update but my wife has had more time in it than I have to this point.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/new-owner-polished-metal-metallic-6mt-pics-861560/
and a HDR pic in our driveway

Terry
Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
well tyson might be a bit biased since rubbing elbows with the acura suits in his 500k legend run.

you just happened to be the first ILX owner to pop into this thread at least that i've noticed.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
our first ILX owner!! long time AZ member.^^^

please enlighten us on your experiences so far.
Actually, he's the second, and he has already posted his experience:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861560

HTH!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

i meant he's the first one to chime into the thread.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

i meant he's the first one to chime into the thread.
Yes you are right, I was just getting tired of the negative comments about the ILX, so I chimed in. Normally I don't. Just as the ZDX received so much negative reaction, it was really a beautiful ride. I seem to latch on to the ones that are not too popular the last few years though I have had many Acuras that were acceptable to many on here.

I have had if I can remember them all. Integra GSR, Vigor, CL(bobtail), CL TypeS, CL (4dr), 2 first gen TSXs, 2 RDXs, ZDX, now an ILX, and all were purchased or leased brand new from the same dealer. I think that is it but the mind dims at my age.

Terry
Old 07-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by terdonal
Yes you are right, I was just getting tired of the negative comments about the ILX, so I chimed in. Normally I don't. Just as the ZDX received so much negative reaction, it was really a beautiful ride. I seem to latch on to the ones that are not too popular the last few years though I have had many Acuras that were acceptable to many on here.

I have had if I can remember them all. Integra GSR, Vigor, CL(bobtail), CL TypeS, CL (4dr), 2 first gen TSXs, 2 RDXs, ZDX, now an ILX, and all were purchased or leased brand new from the same dealer. I think that is it but the mind dims at my age.

Terry
Knew I was forgetting one, RSX typeS
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Test drove tha basest of the base ILX yesterday when I dropped off the TSX to have the bumper applique replaced. Not bad for what is. I didnt see/compare it as a TSX replacement but rather just a small nicely equipped sedan. I still cannot justify the price. Maybe if they offered a manual w/ base trim and lower the price another 1k it would be worth it to some. Then its up to the buyer to negotiate an even lower price. The price range difference from base to top trim is ridiculous imo.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gonzo08452
Test drove tha basest of the base ILX yesterday...
Does the base model still have the center stack screen? I see it has no backup camera...
Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by terdonal

Terry
damn. you've had almost every acura except for their midszie sedans (legend, 3G TL), the RL and the MDX. seems like you have a liking to smaller sized cars and coupes. nothing wrong with that.

i'm sure the ZDX drives well (most likely like an MDX), the looks of the car and it's purpose is what i think confuses people. i like the look of the ILX esp after having seen it in person. the performance part is what makes me scratch my head to go along with the price point. i guess time will tell with what the sales numbers say and see if acura might upgrade the engine with more power.

i looked over your ILX thread...still want to see what your overall impression of the car is outside of MPGs.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
looks like an Audi but drives like a civic. why Acura whyyyyyyyy?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cazio
looks like an Audi but drives like a civic. why Acura whyyyyyyyy?
I drove it yesterday, and the ride is fine. It does not drive like a Civic. The car has a definitive "Acura" feel that is difficult to place a value on.

This car is not for anyone looking to street race or anything similar.

After driving it, I believe it is a car for the future where compact (fuel efficient) luxury will be the way to go with the coming inevitable fuel cost increases.

The highlights of this car for me were it's fresh design, stereo system (tech pack), intuitive voice control system (worlds better than our tech pack 2011 Elantra limited).

I did miss the turn signals on the mirrors (every car should have this),and no power passenger seat.

I was able to merge onto the highway with no problem. Sure, it is not as potent as my CL type S, but with the smooth power delivery and paddle shifters it makes it manageable.

I am planning to purchase this car in the near future with either the Hybrid or 2.0L tech pack, rear spoiler, and illuminated door sills.

If I buy the hybrid upgrading to the 17" wheels is a must!
Great little car, just depends what you are looking for.