2016 ILX clicking/clacking when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 ILX clicking/clacking when accelerating

Has anybody come across this issue with the 2016 ILX? After my breaks have been switched out and my first oil change and inspection, whenever I press my gas pedal, the moment it starts accelerating, it clicks below me. Kind of as if something was loose, and when force is added to the parts, it clicks into place. Hard to explain, but the closest I can think of to what it sounds like is when you go reverse and break, and then you decide to go forwards and your break pads shift and create a clicking sound. But this seems to be coming from either the rear or below me. I'm not a mechanic or a guru whatsoever, so any help is appreciated. I will call service to see if they can check it out too.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:15 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by peti1212
Has anybody come across this issue with the 2016 ILX? After my breaks have been switched out and my first oil change and inspection, whenever I press my gas pedal, the moment it starts accelerating, it clicks below me. Kind of as if something was loose, and when force is added to the parts, it clicks into place. Hard to explain, but the closest I can think of to what it sounds like is when you go reverse and break, and then you decide to go forwards and your break pads shift and create a clicking sound. But this seems to be coming from either the rear or below me. I'm not a mechanic or a guru whatsoever, so any help is appreciated. I will call service to see if they can check it out too.
If this clicking noise started after you got your brakes serviced, then I'd start looking there. Maybe the brake pads weren't installed correctly/properly and are loose. Maybe it's a loose caliper.

Attachment 101323
Old 09-22-2015, 09:17 AM
16 SSM ILX Prem-Aspec

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by peti1212
I know exactly what you are talking about, i had the same thing when i left the dealership after getting my brakes swapped out, i kept going into reverse and then drive and it kept recreating the sound you describe, i was worried also, but i said maybe the brakes are new i will let them break in, and it has i have not heard the sound for about a week, i have put about 800 miles on the new brakes, i will listen for the sound again at lunch time and check in again, but it has not been there...how many miles are the new brakes?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I have about 2000 miles on my new brakes. The interesting thing is that I don't even have to use the brakes to hear that noise. I mainly hear it when going at a constant speed, such as 40, let go of the pedal, and when the car starts to slow down by itself and I reapply the gas pedal, I hear a little click from below. i can replicate the almost 50% of the time I press the gas pedal while going at a moderate speed. I haven't tested different driving methods, but even if I use the slightest pressure on the gas pedal, you can still hear it when the engine starts giving power to the wheels.

Originally Posted by AZuser
Hahaha, you know, I was laughing the first time the brakes thread showed up, and you posted this. I was like, I would not make this spelling error. And here I am doing the same.