(2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015 | 01:09 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

trust me.. they have reputations outside of ILX.
Old 06-01-2015 | 01:18 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Just tell em you're sponsored...

My car has been shared on IG and other site and invariably a friend of mine will tag me. I just don't GAF about re-sharing or even acknowledging...someone thinks it looks cool...that's good...but really, I only care if I think it looks cool.

Jon means well...he just gets fired up.

AyoTechnoMarine is just sarcastic and luvs da fkng chrome!
Old 06-01-2015 | 02:43 PM

ain't nobody want to see yo rides or sponsor your ass J!
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015 | 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ragde556
princess jon hes just the acurazine police officer, he thinks hes the leader of the pack and a lil hypocritical with his opinions, he just cant understand why they post my pics....smh
Just because I told you to quit making a new thread for every mod you paid someone else to install doesnt mean I think I am the leader of the pack. It was a tip for someone who clearly hadnt done this forum thing before.

I DO understand why they post your pics. Because the picture quality is pretty good in comparison to cell phone pictures most ILXs are taken with. Congrats

And I would LOVE to hear how I am a hypocrite. Please enlighten us. I stick by my opinions and dont change sides just to be right. I bet Majofo could vouch that even when multiple people say I am wrong I stick to my guns... all be it a tired gun.

OP, you oviously must have forgotten when you first arrived

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Looks great dude.
Fuck the haters that said they won't fit.

But seriously though. Stop making new threads with every new mod. One thread is enough. Please don't make another.
I apologize kind sir, but try to understand Im a lil excited about it all, will try to keep it all together! thanks!
I was the only one giving you advice on how to make those 20s fit. And when I told you to stop posting so many threads then you said "YES SIR" and apologized. Now youre the one talking shit calling me a princess just because I got jealous and said your wheels were too big one a completely different site. What a clown.
Old 06-01-2015 | 03:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Majofo
Hated by the two biggest ILX derps on this site.. you must be doing something right OP.
I never hated ragd. Still dont. I think differently about him now that he thinks hes such a hot shot. But shit. All I said was his wheels are too big. They are. That's all.

Believe, if you think I care about my "acurazine" reputation I probably wouldnt get much sleep at night. Let me just say, I sleep like a damn baby.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Just tell em you're sponsored...

My car has been shared on IG and other site and invariably a friend of mine will tag me. I just don't GAF about re-sharing or even acknowledging...someone thinks it looks cool...that's good...but really, I only care if I think it looks cool.

Jon means well...he just gets fired up.

AyoTechnoMarine is just sarcastic and luvs da fkng chrome!

No one has seen fired up. These are some damn internet forums. If I actually get upset I can just turn my damn computer off and go wash the car or read a book. Ill say right now the ONLY user to have ever upset me was Sarlacc and that was my first run in with him.
Old 06-01-2015 | 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

ain't nobody want to see yo rides or sponsor your ass J!

I do. And frankly I have never even seen your ride. Who has that many posts in a car forum without posting their car? Oh... right... acurazine.
Old 06-01-2015 | 04:14 PM
Instructor

did you put intake on yours?
No intake till I can tune I have one in a box lol. Just the full race catless dp, springs and wheels.
Old 06-01-2015 | 04:51 PM
Racer

Ok princess jon. Bottom line is that I like my ride, and so does acura.

ps i dont think im hot shit, i think my car is hot shit, but i also think its shit.
Old 06-01-2015 | 04:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by k24ilx
No intake till I can tune I have one in a box lol. Just the full race catless dp, springs and wheels.
What is a full race catless dp? Did it give you more power? does it change how the car sounds? how much does it cost? would you honestly recommend it?
Old 06-01-2015 | 07:56 PM
Instructor

this thread is hilarious, it's more rambling than it is about op's car. love it haha, gives me a good chuckle every once in a while x)
Old 06-01-2015 | 08:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by le^2
this thread is hilarious, it's more rambling than it is about op's car. love it haha, gives me a good chuckle every once in a while x)
hahaha dont nobody gives a shit about my car LOL buts its fun to start some heat!
Old 06-01-2015 | 09:44 PM
Instructor

What is a full race catless dp? Did it give you more power? does it change how the car sounds? how much does it cost? would you honestly recommend it?
Honda 9th Gen Civic Si and Acura ILX 3" All-Motor Downpipe 2012-2014 K24Z7 - Full-Race.com this is the link to Full-Race's website .. the DP or downpipe replaces the catalytic converters that are bolted to the the head of the engine. It does have some power gains, as well as a deeper tone that is a bit louder than stock when pushing it but when you keep it at normal driving its not really much louder. I am also 23 years old so my noise tolerance is different than most.

I would recommend this part to any one who has a 2.4 manual, it is a pretty popular mod with the 9th gen civic guys. a real quality part with performance gains.

The only negative I can say at the moment is with no way to tune a 2015 ilx there is some power left on the table so to speak. Also running the cat-less version of this downpipe will throw a check emissions light, reason being the ECU can read that the cats are not lowering emissions( because you won't have any) and in turn the light that comes on is simply saying that you have no catalitic converters. does not affect the performance of the car in a negative way.

if you can live with the check emissions system light coming on everyday, then I would say go for it.
Old 06-01-2015 | 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

the wheels are too big. anyone with good taste will say so. i hate the wheels. im not sugar coat it. the car is too small for 20's. the aspec 18s are a good example of the proper size for ilx. mike's 16 ilx with vossens is right on the edge. your 20's look too big and makes your slow ilx even slower. here is one thing i do give you credit for is the execution.
Old 06-02-2015 | 01:45 AM
'15 ILX CBP 2.4

Originally Posted by Nexx
the wheels are too big. anyone with good taste will say so. i hate the wheels. im not sugar coat it. the car is too small for 20's. the aspec 18s are a good example of the proper size for ilx. mike's 16 ilx with vossens is right on the edge. your 20's look too big and makes your slow ilx even slower. here is one thing i do give you credit for is the execution.
Savage. Someone had to say it sooner or later.
Old 06-02-2015 | 02:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mvidal6
Watch out. He may label you as a hater for having an opinion.
Old 06-02-2015 | 05:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexx
Thanks for your opinion, but anyone with good taste is this referring to your taste? So pretty much your opinion and your taste is what people should be measured by? And about the car being slow, what can I say I still cant afford a fast car and neither can you hahahaha so get your head out your ass. who are you again?

Last edited by ragde556; 06-02-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2015 | 05:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mvidal6
you cant even afford wheels hahahaha, go back to school son.m mHow about you plastidip your wheels? can you afford a can of paint?

Last edited by ragde556; 06-02-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2015 | 05:59 AM
Racer

Watch out. He may label you as a hater for having an opinion.
you already know it princess! I know you happy right now huh? how about you help the guys before plastidip their shit?? better yet add some pillows to your shit! make that shit a living room! hahaha

Last edited by ragde556; 06-02-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-02-2015 | 06:05 AM

Old 06-02-2015 | 06:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
hahahaha can you quote this image please? LOL
Old 06-02-2015 | 06:11 AM

Old 06-02-2015 | 06:14 AM
Racer

Believe, if you think I care about my "acurazine" reputation I probably wouldnt get much sleep at night. Let me just say, I sleep like a damn baby.

Princess you dont sleep at night!
Old 06-02-2015 | 06:15 AM
Racer

Old 06-02-2015 | 06:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Remember I said everyone wants to pretend they have a little race car tho?

I mean, I would feel most confident driving more aggressively with some 17x9 on some nice fat tires, but that would totally kill the look I'm going for. Or some 18x8.5 or even 19x8.5, just cuz its wider then stock, it probably has more road grip. The fact the 2016 comes with 18's makes me like "eh, 18 is too stock now". I feel like if I'm going to spend the money I want to see a big, noticeable difference. But really, the car is not gonna be fast as hell or anything, so will it make an amazing difference? Noticeable for sure but it's true, it's also dependent of you, and how you're driving it. I want a little sporty, and a little lux look, so minimum 18x8.5 for me, and 19x8.5 hopefully. A lot of companies don't actually make 19's, or at least not in many wheels/sizes. Cuz most people are either gonna go 18 for sporty, or 20 for lux look, and to say they're sitting on 20's.

20's on the ILX - i think these look good, photograph well, just not optimizing performance on this car, so i wouldn't do it. But people do hellaflush and stuff, and no way that's optimizing performance either. I remember warning you to abort mission simply because I figured it would not fit correctly and cause rubbing /noise issues. If you just want the car to look good to your taste, i don't really see the issue here. If its not other peoples taste, I don't think you should really respond or care, I don't see anyone really hating, i dont think saying "wheels are too big" is hating....

* i wouldnt feel like 18 is too stock if i had the ILX that came with 16's thats plus 2 sizes. I also wouldn't feel that way if i found some really nice 18's with a great fitment and most likely a large face. The step lip look on certain wheels tends to make them look smaller then they actually are.

The black Altima I mentioned earlier? Although the TSW wheels the guy had on his car were really clean, i think they were too small for the car. Think he went 17. Kinda sad, cuz i was looking at it, and it looked so good, but woulda looked way better at least one size bigger.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 06-02-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2015 | 06:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

What?! Who told you about happened in MEXICO!?!?! WHO?!?!?

WE SWORE A BLOOD OATH OF SILENCE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH...... WHO BROKE?!?!?!? Dead men tell no tales... they will RUE the day..... RUUUUUUEEEEEEE..... THE DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY.........
Old 06-02-2015 | 06:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Remember I said everyone wants to pretend they have a little race car tho?

I mean, I would feel most confident driving more aggressively with some 17x9 on some nice fat tires, but that would totally kill the look I'm going for. Or some 18x8.5 or even 19x8.5, just cuz its wider then stock, it probably has more road grip. The fact the 2016 comes with 18's makes me like "eh, 18 is too stock now". I feel like if I'm going to spend the money I want to see a big, noticeable difference. But really, the car is not gonna be fast as hell or anything, so will it make an amazing difference? Noticeable for sure but it's true, it's also dependent of you, and how you're driving it. I want a little sporty, and a little lux look, so minimum 18x8.5 for me, and 19x8.5 hopefully. A lot of companies don't actually make 19's, or at least not in many wheels/sizes. Cuz most people are either gonna go 18 for sporty, or 20 for lux look, and to say they're sitting on 20's.

20's on the ILX - i think these look good, photograph well, just not optimizing performance on this car, so i wouldn't do it. But people do hellaflush and stuff, and no way that's optimizing performance either. I remember warning you to abort mission simply because I figured it would not fit correctly and cause rubbing /noise issues. If you just want the car to look good to your taste, i don't really see the issue here. If its not other peoples taste, I don't think you should really respond or care, I don't see anyone really hating, i dont think saying "wheels are too big" is hating....
You right you right! Fuck you all who dont like my 20's I love my shit, could I afford to change my wheels? fuck yeah I could but I dont want to, hey talk good or bad what matters is that you make them talk!
Old 06-02-2015 | 07:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Both of these ILX's are supercharged, and both went with 19x8.5 wheels all around. So I'm pretty sure it will handle well. Both cars went for more of a sporty look tho, which is not entirely my direction, but ill still follow their lead. The fitment on both is on point.
Old 06-02-2015 | 07:13 AM

No one has seen me fired up. These are some damn internet forums. If I actually get upset I can just turn my damn computer off and go wash the car or read a book. Ill say right now the ONLY user to have ever upset me was Sarlacc and that was my first run in with him.
So, lemme get this straight...when you get fired up, we'll know because you'll vehemently turn off your computer and read a book?

and PS, Majofo does have pictures of his car on the forum...a stock TL, he didn't bother posting but he has a few of the V. If you got to know him you'd know that he finds "build threads" self serving and banal. Surprised he likes me...I have 2!
Old 06-02-2015 | 07:45 AM
Senior Moderator

so much fuss over a Civic
Old 06-02-2015 | 09:39 AM

I do. And frankly I have never even seen your ride. Who has that many posts in a car forum without posting their car? Oh... right... acurazine.
USDuMjon..
J is my brother from another mother (J's mom.. ). He also has one of the cleanest 3G TLs here.. s2ks too (bof 'em). I like to kick his ego chair once in a while, but he knows it's because tough love.

I've posted my ride many times..
Just because I don't have an attention whore (build) thread, doesn't mean I don't post my car. In fact, I have almost a half million views on my DIY threads. Here's my new ride..

Name:  BFbPnCI.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  57.5 KB

Attachment 102233

No one has seen fired up. These are some damn internet forums. If I actually get upset I can just turn my damn computer off and go wash the car or read a book.
baby indeed.. Acura won't post my car..

also...

(2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!-pbkrkjl.png

Honda 9th Gen Civic Si and Acura ILX 3" All-Motor Downpipe 2012-2014 K24Z7 - Full-Race.com this is the link to Full-Race's website .. the DP or downpipe replaces the catalytic converters that are bolted to the the head of the engine. It does have some power gains, as well as a deeper tone that is a bit louder than stock when pushing it but when you keep it at normal driving its not really much louder. I am also 23 years old so my noise tolerance is different than most.

I would recommend this part to any one who has a 2.4 manual, it is a pretty popular mod with the 9th gen civic guys. a real quality part with performance gains.

The only negative I can say at the moment is with no way to tune a 2015 ilx there is some power left on the table so to speak. Also running the cat-less version of this downpipe will throw a check emissions light, reason being the ECU can read that the cats are not lowering emissions( because you won't have any) and in turn the light that comes on is simply saying that you have no catalitic converters. does not affect the performance of the car in a negative way.

if you can live with the check emissions system light coming on everyday, then I would say go for it.
Old 06-02-2015 | 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143
So, lemme get this straight...when you get fired up, we'll know because you'll vehemently turn off your computer and read a book?

and PS, Majofo does have pictures of his car on the forum...a stock TL, he didn't bother posting but he has a few of the V. If you got to know him you'd know that he finds "build threads" self serving and banal. Surprised he likes me...I have 2!

My ninja
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015 | 09:58 AM
Racer

USDuMjon..

Just because I don't have an attention whore (build) thread

Wont lie my girlfriend calls me an attention whore all the time Hahaha
Majofo and rockstar gotta have the best posts on this shit. You guys do a hell of a job! hahaha
Old 06-02-2015 | 09:59 AM
Racer

Majofo thanks for taking a dump on all of us with that cadi.... nice ride!!
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:01 AM

You're an amateur ragde.. I mean look at this shit.. I'm surprised jon even has a day job with all the updates he needs to make.. not mention his whoring on the gram/twitter/tumblr/flickr..

usdmJON's 2013 Acura ILX: Entry-Lux to VIP - Honda-Tech
usdmJon's 2013 Acura ILX 2.0tech: Entry-Level Lux to VIP
usdmJON's '13 Acura ILX Tech Progress Thread: Entry-Level Luxury to VIP
https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...-build-889943/

Last edited by Majofo; 06-02-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:05 AM

Majofo thanks for taking a dump on all of us with that cadi.... nice ride!!
It's a lot of fun, but I miss the TL. I've driven some seriously fast rides, but having a connection with a car is what it's all about. I tried getting J to join team V but he went back to the s2k.. I don't blame him.

Old 06-02-2015 | 10:31 AM

Although J.. my TL wasn't stock.
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:50 AM

you had intake
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:51 AM

full race dp too plus tune.. bc racecar.
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:54 AM

well, much love to you too...Mom would be proud.

Dude at work has a coupe V...pearl white...yellow calipers. Fk me... If I could have gotten B to approve keeping TL AND getting the V (yeah, 2 sedans doesn't make a lot of sense) and wrapped my head around $35-40K...I would have definitely joined the cult. I wouldn't be shocked if I join it at some point in the distant future, actually.

@ you posting all those different avenues where Jon posts.

I actually don't remember your TL being posted much or talked about much but I remember you being more geared toward keeping it reliable and well maintained...didn't know if you ended up living the s(low) and fast life too...shoulda known yes.

Rage...I'll be seeing you this Sunday at the meet, I'm assuming?! We met at the Acura Dealership one but didn't really talk...
Old 06-02-2015 | 10:57 AM

I had 3rd cat delete + res + intake, plus wheels and other minor interior ish.. still miss the exhaust note. J.. you went about it all wrong. Get Betty to trade in her SRX.. replace it with a Vagon. You get to drive it on the weekend.

Quick Reply: (2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!