(2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking (2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!

So I figured I would just start a new thread since the old one has too many comments already and people might not get to see this pics of the lowered car all the way at the end. Im very Happy with outcome. On past thread you can read details on rims and tires. Will upload more pics tomorrow, if you suggest any angles, please let me know.

Last edited by 4cruizn; 03-19-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Racer

Fucking auto correct! Coilovers*
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Looks great dude.
Fuck the haters that said they won't fit.

But seriously though. Stop making new threads with every new mod. One thread is enough. Please don't make another.
The following users liked this post:
opboarding (03-09-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Looks great dude.
Fuck the haters that said they won't fit.

But seriously though. Stop making new threads with every new mod. One thread is enough. Please don't make another.
I apologize kind sir, but try to understand Im a lil excited about it all, will try to keep it all together! thanks!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Racer

Old 03-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Racer

Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
looks great bro.. needs more low your body looks like it sitting stock height now tho lol.. n jon is right. stick to a few posts... but jon you be talking like your azine ilx admin chill wit all that leader bs
Old 03-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Racer

Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pockets
looks great bro.. needs more low your body looks like it sitting stock height now tho lol.. n jon is right. stick to a few posts... but jon you be talking like your azine ilx admin chill wit all that leader bs
Thanks bro, This is as low as I can go without messing with my fenders really cause i do have very wide tires, but it did lower about 1" or so I di lower it more but there was just too much rubbing, maybe later when i get more money ill do some work on it to be able to lower it more cause it did look better but didnt wanna jeopardize my ride for a lil more lower, or maybe once I get the oem bidy kit it will create a lower looking effect? and LOL i actually thought jon was a site leader cause he did say that with authority, but again I apologize for being annoying im just a lil excited and will keep just this one thread
Old 03-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

You go from saying his car looks great to then dogging it for looking stock height.
And from saying I'm right to saying I need to chill with the "leader bs".
How about you pick a side and keep it.

It was a simply suggestion and I said please. Should I make a thread for every new part I install? Maybe one for my springs, then one for the coilover update, one for the Work Wheels, one for the intake/downpipe. Then another for the front OEM lip/splitter? Do you really want to see all those threads?

No. It's called a build thread. I assume OP doesn't exactly know what that is so I asked him to continue posting in one thread. It was not a demand but a suggestion asked nicely. Also we have very little mod presence in this section. But believe me I dont wish to be one. Id have a hell of a time cleaning up this section.

OP...
As for going any lower... do you know what spring rates you got on the D2 coilovers? In the future you can custom order some stiffer springs from D2 (i believe they will do this) so you can then go lower without as much up/down travel in the suspension.
A shop could also take out the fender liner and fold the inside tab up. You wont see anything noticeable from the outside but it should allow to lower it that one more inch you want.

I would only suggest this on stiff springs however as you dont want the tires hitting the fender and bending them if you hit a large bump or pothole.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
looks... too big
Warrior 6 (09-05-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

it seemed pretty obvious that you were being demanding hence the dudes response... but you can never admit you were wrong. thats why you write out paragraphs to justify your case all the time.. im sure your gonna write another novel on here about this post by me..ragde felt you were demanding and so did I. learn to just say oh guys my bad and move on.. but you love to try ne be little people..ne ways if you dont get it. you never will. and i said it looks great.. but it can always look better. hence my suggestion.

ne ways sorry redge for the bullshit.. you will notice usdmjon voices his opinion everywhere in the ilx section. you'll notice other people have commented on him being the "acurazine police"
OsirisSk8rGuy (07-06-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexx
looks... too big
ehh its all about what your into, i think 17s or 18s make the car look empty, 19s and 20s i think fill it in good. Thanks for feedback anyways! opinions are always welcome!!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

it seemed pretty obvious that you were being demanding hence the dudes response... but you can never admit you were wrong. thats why you write out paragraphs to justify your case all the time.. im sure your gonna write another novel on here about this post by me..ragde felt you were demanding and so did I. learn to just say oh guys my bad and move on.. but you love to try ne be little people..ne ways if you dont get it. you never will. and i said it looks great.. but it can always look better. hence my suggestion.

ne ways sorry redge for the bullshit.. you will notice usdmjon voices his opinion everywhere in the ilx section. you'll notice other people have commented on him being the "acurazine police"
So you can respond with a grammatically unsound argument but I can't give a structured response? Bite me.

I didn't demand anything. I said please don't make another thread.
I have been the only member here giving OP positive feedback verse others telling him it straight up wont work.

OP knew he was making too many threads, hence why he felt he should explain his reasons for making yet another and why he asked in the previous thread if he should make another in the first place.

I gave my opinion and a suggestion. Just like you did. What you think about me is irrelevant. Go kick rocks.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-08-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Racer

Jesus christ its not such a big deal, is there any way of deleting threads i did? so i wont bother anyone, fuck!!!
usdmJON (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ragde556
Jesus christ its not such a big deal, is there any way of deleting threads i did? so i wont bother anyone, fuck!!!
LOL Don't worry dude. I gave my 2 cents about the threads at the end of my post. It should have ended there but pockets felt the need to thread jack and start bitching about my opinion. He should have PMed me if he was really bothered by my post but he likes to make things a spectacle.

You can have a mod delete a thread but at this point it isn't a huge deal. They'll get buried under the rest of the threads.

What I suggest doing is having a BUILD THREAD. This is a thread specifically showcasing your car and the work you do to it. It is good to have everything in one thread because then you can be like "oh here on page 1 and 2 I picked up my wheels. On page 3 I installed coilovers. Page 5 I started my cosmetic work with the body kit... bla bla bla" But instead at this rate you're going to have everything in different threads which will be a headache to try to find in the future.

If you check out my build thread you can see it from day 1 until now. Yes there are a lot of comments but that is not only fine but invited on a car forum. We can throw ideas your way and make suggestions that can then be referenced to in the future. But now if you wanted to say, refer back to when we were talking about how to make the 20in wheels fit you'll have to look outside of your thread and probably dig around for it. Check out my thread. Click Meet Harley in my signature. There is a lot of discussion and pointless talk in there but that is how we get to know each other and create friendships. People like Pockets may feel I act like some azine police but I am also one of the most frequent posts in the ILX section with a lot of knowledge to share on the subject. So take my opinions how you will...

These are just suggestions and if you want to keep posting threads than feel free. I personally think they are a waste and I have a negative mindset when I see a sea of threads containing 1 or 2 pictures that then gets buried after 1 week. I would 100% rather see a build thread that starts from a stock car and progressively has more done to it the further into the thread you go. Take it for what it is worth.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-08-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

my point is who are you to tel him to not make another thread?????? the ilx section security guard?

and bcuzz you dont understand me when i msg in short form it aint my fault, learn it

tryna argue semantics n shit
Old 03-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Seriously dude... lets stop the thread jacking. PM me if you actually have something intelligent to say.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-08-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Racer

LOL Don't worry dude. I gave my 2 cents about the threads at the end of my post. It should have ended there but pockets felt the need to thread jack and start bitching about my opinion. He should have PMed me if he was really bothered by my post but he likes to make things a spectacle.

You can have a mod delete a thread but at this point it isn't a huge deal. They'll get buried under the rest of the threads.

What I suggest doing is having a BUILD THREAD. This is a thread specifically showcasing your car and the work you do to it. It is good to have everything in one thread because then you can be like "oh here on page 1 and 2 I picked up my wheels. On page 3 I installed coilovers. Page 5 I started my cosmetic work with the body kit... bla bla bla" But instead at this rate you're going to have everything in different threads which will be a headache to try to find in the future.

If you check out my build thread you can see it from day 1 until now. Yes there are a lot of comments but that is not only fine but invited on a car forum. We can throw ideas your way and make suggestions that can then be referenced to in the future. But now if you wanted to say, refer back to when we were talking about how to make the 20in wheels fit you'll have to look outside of your thread and probably dig around for it. Check out my thread. Click Meet Harley in my signature. There is a lot of discussion and pointless talk in there but that is how we get to know each other and create friendships. People like Pockets may feel I act like some azine police but I am also one of the most frequent posts in the ILX section with a lot of knowledge to share on the subject. So take my opinions how you will...

These are just suggestions and if you want to keep posting threads than feel free. I personally think they are a waste and I have a negative mindset when I see a sea of threads containing 1 or 2 pictures that then gets buried after 1 week. I would 100% rather see a build thread that starts from a stock car and progressively has more done to it the further into the thread you go. Take it for what it is worth.
who is a mod?? how i contact them? yeah maybe ur right its better to have all in one thread, i just thought that people arent interested in going through pages and pages to see last post, i think whoever designed this page should make last post show first and first post show last
Old 03-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

who is a mod?? how i contact them? yeah maybe ur right its better to have all in one thread, i just thought that people arent interested in going through pages and pages to see last post, i think whoever designed this page should make last post show first and first post show last
I have never really liked the reverse thread lay out. But that is only because I am so used to the first thread being first after being on honda-tech, nwp, ilxforums, 9thgen, etc etc.

You can pretty much click last page if you want to see the most recent stuff or click page 1 if you want to start from the beginning. Again man it was just a suggestion. If youd rather just make new threads then that's on you.

And I for one love looking through threads to see the progress made as well as conversations within the build.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:00 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

bcuzz i dont take the time to fully spell out my words. this means im unintelligent.. always tryna be little dudes
Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Suzuka Master

OP, ilx mod is 4cruzin. You can scroll down to the bottom to see who the mod is for each section.

bcuzz i dont take the time to fully spell out my words. this means im intelligent.. always tryna be little dudes

Before the edit.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-08-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:07 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Thanks for proving my point
usdmJON (03-08-2015)
Old 03-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Racer

New photos!

Dont care what nobody says! I LOVE MY CAR!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not feeling it, wheels too big

2.slowjon is a wannabe ilx forum police but no one cares! Hahaha
Ninja edit that dbag
Old 03-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iVtecOften

Ninja edit that dbag
These little girls are so easy to get riled up.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:40 AM
Racer

Ninja edit that dbag
Ehhh thanks, find it pretty awesome that nobody has nothing positive to say, lol but there is time to say the negative exactly as i wanted it to be i guess i have a very unique car as everyone goes with the crowd, im just different what can i say? As i said IN LOVE WITH IT, you can hate it or love it. 😁
Old 03-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Hey if you love it that's all that matters. What are the specs on the wheels and tires? Have you driven enough to see if gas mileage was affected?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
OP, happy for you that you enjoy the setup. Not gonna lie, I thought 20s would never fit the ILX. Good job. However like most, it's not my cup of tea. Even on my bigger 2G TSX I still opted for 18s. But then again... 2G TSX scene is filled with stance/hellaflush setups which also aren't exactly my cup of tea.

That CU2 though...
Old 03-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
These little girls are so easy to get riled up.
and you are no forum police so stop trying to act like one

just bc pockets wants to write his posts in short form or whatever, you don't have to try belittle him

with your command of the english language over him, what do you have like a couple of PhDs? oh right...you probably don't since you drive fork lifts for a living...LOL!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

and you are no forum police so stop trying to act like one

just bc pockets wants to write his posts in short form or whatever, you don't have to try belittle him

with your command of the english language over him, what do you have like a couple of PhDs? oh right...you probably don't since you drive fork lifts for a living...LOL!
What you think is irrelevant. But keep making yourself look like the class act you are.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Triscuit
Hey if you love it that's all that matters. What are the specs on the wheels and tires? Have you driven enough to see if gas mileage was affected?
Thanks! Well I went big cause I like the chunky appearance, kinda makes it look like a toy car I guess hehehe 20x10 for back, 20x8.5 fronts. lowered just a bit so I dont have any problems with rubbing or fitment at all, I was told it wouldnt work but thank God it did! Now gas mileage it actually did decrease by a lot, i was getting anywhere from 340-350 miles per tank and now im at 300-310 miles per tank so I took a big hit there
Old 03-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Racer

Let him all lonely today in a parking garage, i think it looks like a fucking toy car hehehe just beautiful!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Whats next?
Old 03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
OP, happy for you that you enjoy the setup. Not gonna lie, I thought 20s would never fit the ILX. Good job. However like most, it's not my cup of tea. Even on my bigger 2G TSX I still opted for 18s. But then again... 2G TSX scene is filled with stance/hellaflush setups which also aren't exactly my cup of tea.

That CU2 though...
Yeah i know, i dont really like 18 cause the car comes with 17s already so if im gonna spend money on wheels i rather go big, maybe just a miami thing hehehe, 18s arent my cup of tea but some setups with 18s do look bad ass, btw what does "That CU2 though" mean? new to all this sorry!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Racer

Whats next?
wanna get the body kit and spoiler but gotta save some money so I can get it all at once, maybe ill get spoiler alone, and then after that im gonna get that lip you put on yours!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

cu2 is the tsx chassis coding. He was just saying that tsx is worth mentioning.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Racer

cu2 is the tsx chassis coding. He was just saying that tsx is worth mentioning.
ohh i see, my neighborbuys used acuras at the auctions and sells them and hes been trying to sell me that one but im not a fan of buying used cars -_- but i really do like it!
xtcnrice (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Love that last shot! Keep up the good work!
ragde556 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ct_ua6
Love that last shot! Keep up the good work!
Thanks you very much sir!

Quick Reply: (2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!