Aico furniture, any experience?

Old 02-03-2006, 08:56 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aico furniture, any experience?

The sales people who sell this particular brand HIGHLY recommend it and have called it the "Rolls Royce" of the furniture world. While its not cheap its not that expensive, in particular for what your getting. I was curious if anyone has any experiences with it good or bad.

I am looking at the tuscano dining room set
Old 02-04-2006, 04:00 PM
-S namyaC-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's pretty ugly?

Seriously though, what kind of price range is this stuff in...$10-20-30K? (whole set pictured)
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Looks like old money. Do you have old money?

BTW that area rug is not properly sized (i think). I am under the impression that an area rug should be large enough that when you pull out a chair, the chair stays on the rug. Looks good on the long side, but not the short.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by proaudio22
It's pretty ugly?

Seriously though, what kind of price range is this stuff in...$10-20-30K? (whole set pictured)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, besides the chairs are REALLY comfortable, nothing pissed me off then being at someones house for a dinner party and getting a sore ass because their chairs suck.

The whole set is under 20, I would purchase the 11 piece set first and at a later date add the rest.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:07 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by doopstr
Looks like old money. Do you have old money?

BTW that area rug is not properly sized (i think). I am under the impression that an area rug should be large enough that when you pull out a chair, the chair stays on the rug. Looks good on the long side, but not the short.
I like that style furniture in a formal dining room, guess I am old school

I do agree with your comment about the rug
Old 02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
This stuff is completely OPPOSITE to what I presumed your style considering your real estate tastes

I have no experience with and never heard of Aico furniture.

Then again, it's not the market I typically shop in.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by soopa
This stuff is completely OPPOSITE to what I presumed your style considering your real estate tastes

I have no experience with and never heard of Aico furniture.

Then again, it's not the market I typically shop in.
Exactly! I think it would nice to have a contemporary building and a few rooms with a classic(old money) feel to them. In fact it seems every room will be getting its own feel. Besides I don't have a place to put it yet , and a table this HUGE would require a particularly large DR, which is near impossible to find in an under 4000sq.ft. house.

I've never heard of Aico furniture before either, but it was highly recommended from those who did sell it I still don't have a house to put it in, and am probably getting ahead of myself. Much like yourself I am a touch OCD and like information and to be prepared when the time comes - kind of a details nut. If I had a place to put it I would have purchased it already, but for now I am still looking this just caught my eye and I was curious about the brand which I've never heard of before. They also had some end tables and such that I liked, perhaps pick one up and see how I like it before I purchase that huge thing.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno man, I'm all for traditional/modern mash-ups but that seems a bit overboard...

That stuff belongs in some 75 year olds house in Georgia
Old 02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
-S namyaC-

contemporary > *

I'm a bit more OCD than either of you I believe. The biggest reason I dislike older, traditional furniture - is I feel it's far too busy. I absolutely HATE cluttered rooms, and that's what this looks like to me. Mixed wood tones drive me nuts as well unless it's a wide contrast.

You are very correct however, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really am scared about getting married some time - no idea what I'm going to do when it comes to picking out furniture and such...
Old 02-05-2006, 02:36 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by soopa
I dunno man, I'm all for traditional/modern mash-ups but that seems a bit overboard...

That stuff belongs in some 75 year olds house in Georgia
I think your probably right, I just was taken over by the comfortable chairs... it is a little out of place for a guy in his mid-20's - I deal with guys in the their mid 50's all day long and I have to remember I am NOT one of them... yet
Old 02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by proaudio22
contemporary > *

I'm a bit more OCD than either of you I believe. The biggest reason I dislike older, traditional furniture - is I feel it's far too busy. I absolutely HATE cluttered rooms, and that's what this looks like to me. Mixed wood tones drive me nuts as well unless it's a wide contrast.

You are very correct however, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really am scared about getting married some time - no idea what I'm going to do when it comes to picking out furniture and such...
I like contemporary a lot too, believe it or not, my only concern is that it won't age well. I am pretty cheap being a jew and all, I'd rather spend more and do something once and never have to deal with it again. I just have this fear of building a contemporary place and looking at pictures of it in 20 years and have it remind me of what 70's contemporary looks like today. Or worse yet still living in it!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
-S namyaC-

Originally Posted by Tireguy
I like contemporary a lot too, believe it or not, my only concern is that it won't age well. I am pretty cheap being a jew and all, I'd rather spend more and do something once and never have to deal with it again. I just have this fear of building a contemporary place and looking at pictures of it in 20 years and have it remind me of what 70's contemporary looks like today. Or worse yet still living in it!
I know exactly what you are talking about! I think there is a point when it becomes too modern, and doesn't age well - but I think there is plenty of contemporary stuff out there that will look good for years to come. Being a quite young MALE, I don't worry quite as much because I know my future wife will throw all my shyte out anyway