Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Started running again

Old 09-24-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
So I haven't read through this whole thing but glanced at the last few pages; seems you're in a post-injury recovery.

You went from a 1:47 half seven months ago and you're at roughly a 1:36 now (probably quicker, I based that off your 7:44 pace) and are shooting for a 3:10 full in 3 weeks.

That seems right within the realm of possibilities given a good race and good pacing.

I am curious though what your half & full times looked like before the surgery?

I ask because I'm kinda sorta in the same ballpark with 1/2 times but am shooting for a little more aggressive full time in January. Just looking for a bogey data point to see if I'm being too optimistic or not.

Regardless, good luck next month! These next few taper weeks are the best feeling.
The following users liked this post:
dallison (09-25-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
The other day I ran a 6:03 mile, which is a PR, but I wanted to try to get under 6. I was never able to do that when I ran cross country or in high school.

I also have been trying to theoretically get the max points for a 1.5 mile run if I were to join the Navy reserves. They max is something like 9:23 for my age group. I want to try for under 10 minutes, which I should be able to do. That's a 6:40 pace for each mile.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:44 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
I am a 1:33-35 half runner, or at least that was what i had run 2 years ago when i ran my last half. I ran a 10 miler in april in about 1:08-09, so i'm improving.
My only full was 3 years ago and it was 3:42. but, i ran/walked the last 4-6 miles as i didn't train for it.

The 1:47 half was on the trails in the winter in the snow. the conditions are all over the board when they run the winter half. It could be snowy or icy and even zero degrees for the race. It's a little harsh.

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
So I haven't read through this whole thing but glanced at the last few pages; seems you're in a post-injury recovery.

You went from a 1:47 half seven months ago and you're at roughly a 1:36 now (probably quicker, I based that off your 7:44 pace) and are shooting for a 3:10 full in 3 weeks.

That seems right within the realm of possibilities given a good race and good pacing.

I am curious though what your half & full times looked like before the surgery?

I ask because I'm kinda sorta in the same ballpark with 1/2 times but am shooting for a little more aggressive full time in January. Just looking for a bogey data point to see if I'm being too optimistic or not.

Regardless, good luck next month! These next few taper weeks are the best feeling.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:46 AM
registered pw

A 6:03 is still very good. It's amazing how much faster some people are later in life with all of their distractions compared to high school or college.

I think you can nail that time and then some.

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
The other day I ran a 6:03 mile, which is a PR, but I wanted to try to get under 6. I was never able to do that when I ran cross country or in high school.

I also have been trying to theoretically get the max points for a 1.5 mile run if I were to join the Navy reserves. They max is something like 9:23 for my age group. I want to try for under 10 minutes, which I should be able to do. That's a 6:40 pace for each mile.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:55 AM

Wow, sounds like we're right about the same place. My only marathon so far was a 3:40. I've done one road and one trail 1/2 marathon, both in 1:40 and another trail 1/2 in 1:55 but had illness and injury before that one which hampered my training.

Currently training for a full marathon in Jan 2016, shooting for a 3-flat; also looking for that BQ at 3:10 but want to bank some buffer time.

I'm only a few weeks into my training and it feels odd. The miles aren't so bad but the body is tired. Looking back at my previous programs though, and my times and aerobic state is much better. So even though it feels hard right now, I'm hoping it'll pay off.

11 miler this morning. Drizzling when I set out. By mile 3 I was pretty much damp throughout. Mile 7-10, it became a torrential downpour. Fully saturated, And it felt amazing! My legs were barking at that point and the downpour took my mind off it and the last 4 miles just melted away!

Now it's beerecovery time!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I haven't run farther than 2-3 miles in over a year or so... I thought of this crazy idea to get back into it, not sure why, but it's a good way to stay active and definitely burns a lot of calories. I'm just not sure I can get into it again... after my half marathon a few years ago I kind of just gave up on the idea of running, it became boring.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM

It's not for everyone, for sure.

Try game-ifying it? Like the Run Zombies app (never tried but hear people like it?)

Or set goals. Better your 5k time. Do that 5 mile route around the neighborhood a minute faster next month. Run a marathon. Something.

It can get boring if there is no reason. Like most things.

I need to have a goal; typically a race of some sort. Plus I use it for my daily decompression and meditation opportunity.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
It's not for everyone, for sure.

Try game-ifying it? Like the Run Zombies app (never tried but hear people like it?)

Or set goals. Better your 5k time. Do that 5 mile route around the neighborhood a minute faster next month. Run a marathon. Something.

It can get boring if there is no reason. Like most things.

I need to have a goal; typically a race of some sort. Plus I use it for my daily decompression and meditation opportunity.
I definitely do not want to run a marathon. However, I have tossed around the idea of bettering my 5K time which currently stands at 24 mins. I've never run a 7 min mile, I think that would be a nice goal to have.

If anything, I will use it for decompression and meditation as you do. I remember when I was training for my half marathon, I was going through some crap and it just helped me unwind.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Whoa, this tread has been revived. I see new blood

I was in the same boat as dallison when I ran my last and only full marathon because I didn't train correctly. Was doing really well up until mile 20 but then my legs were completely shot and walk/jogged the rest of the way.. ohhh it hurt! Finished up with a time of 4:43.

My best 'official' half time was 1:47. But I like to time my own 'half marathons' on local trails instead of pay $100+ each time. My best time was ~1:38.

For a while now I've been doing shorter 6-8 mile runs over the summer because it's been so damn hot. But it is getting cooler now and just did a 10 miler a couple days ago and felt much better since it was a little cooler out. Need to get back in the groove of longer runs during winter months.

Might do another half in February. Luckily I won't need any extra training since I usually run 10-15 milers in the colder months.

Still don't know about doing another marathon. That will definitely take a lot more training that I just don't know if I want to do. I already accomplished the 'I ran a marathon' goal. I don't really want to go through that misery again lol.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Last run of the month last night- a tempo run on the local track, ending up right at 7 miles. September was the first full month of marathon training (started 5 days at the end of August) and final mileage was just over 101 mile!

My first 3-digit month in quite a while and quite a change from the 39 & 36 mile months preceding it (got lazy in the summer). Sorta ignored the 10-percent rule on this one!

Since it seems like there might be some nerds here ( ) so here's some data you might like:

September Totals: 21 days, 101 miles, 13:55:xx
Avg pace: 8:16.

That includes mixed runs of distance, track intervals, road/track tempo, recovery, and races.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:58 AM

When training for my last (and first) marathon, I came to the realization that the half might be the perfect goal distance. You can train for it with a moderate level of commitment and even if you slack a little bit, it's not going to kill you. The full on the other hand, takes no prisoners.

But, the benefits of doing a honest to goodness full marathon program are pretty awesome! I never would have thought I'd ever get to the point where I'd just set out from the house and bang out 10/12/15 miles on a given night "for fun".

Oh, and this cooler weather is definitely a godsend! Running in the H-Town summer swamp is miserable. I imagine DFW isn't much better. Now as long as these storms don't push the humidity back in!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Q('.')=O

Went for a run after work today. Was planning on doing 8 but the weather was just perfect... 80, cloudy, light breeze. So decided to go for 10 but still felt good so ended up doing 13.1. Finished in 1:43... great considering the last time I ran that distance was 4 1/2 months ago.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
registered pw

Originally Posted by cM3go
I definitely do not want to run a marathon. However, I have tossed around the idea of bettering my 5K time which currently stands at 24 mins. I've never run a 7 min mile, I think that would be a nice goal to have.

If anything, I will use it for decompression and meditation as you do. I remember when I was training for my half marathon, I was going through some crap and it just helped me unwind.
a marathon isn't fun, i wouldn't suggest it. I would suggest a few 5k's within a couple months. That would give you the speed workouts that you need. Concentrate on doing hills too.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
registered pw

Originally Posted by imj0257
Went for a run after work today. Was planning on doing 8 but the weather was just perfect... 80, cloudy, light breeze. So decided to go for 10 but still felt good so ended up doing 13.1. Finished in 1:43... great considering the last time I ran that distance was 4 1/2 months ago.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
registered pw

Last run of the month last night- a tempo run on the local track, ending up right at 7 miles. September was the first full month of marathon training (started 5 days at the end of August) and final mileage was just over 101 mile!

My first 3-digit month in quite a while and quite a change from the 39 & 36 mile months preceding it (got lazy in the summer). Sorta ignored the 10-percent rule on this one!

Since it seems like there might be some nerds here ( ) so here's some data you might like:

September Totals: 21 days, 101 miles, 13:55:xx
Avg pace: 8:16.

That includes mixed runs of distance, track intervals, road/track tempo, recovery, and races.
i would try to hold 35-45 mile weeks to be decently prepared.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 PM
registered pw

I ran my second marathon today. The temps were perfect along with the weather. I ran the 1st half in 1:29 an the 2nd half fell apart on me because i didn't go slow enough on the 1st. I eventually finished in 3:23 and my ass still hurts. My quads and hamstrings are sore as hell. I came to the realization during the 2nd half that i really don't enjoy these things. But i question why i still do them.

My first full was 3:42 with the same results. I ran/walked the last 4 miles.

the funny thing is, i had the remote idea of running a local full in three weeks to try to get it right. I am out of my fucking mind.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Q('.')=O

That is still a good time.

The second half of the second half of the marathon is a beating.

Originally Posted by dallison
I ran my second marathon today. The temps were perfect along with the weather. I ran the 1st half in 1:29 an the 2nd half fell apart on me because i didn't go slow enough on the 1st. I eventually finished in 3:23 and my ass still hurts. My quads and hamstrings are sore as hell. I came to the realization during the 2nd half that i really don't enjoy these things. But i question why i still do them.

My first full was 3:42 with the same results. I ran/walked the last 4 miles.

the funny thing is, i had the remote idea of running a local full in three weeks to try to get it right. I am out of my fucking mind.
foreal. Because although it is painful and exhausting, we like it. And I like the 'natural high' I get after a run. Feels good.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:43 AM
registered pw

That is still a good time.

The second half of the second half of the marathon is a beating.

foreal. Because although it is painful and exhausting, we like it. And I like the 'natural high' I get after a run. Feels good.
I think people take it for granted that being downhill that it's going to be easy, that is not the case.

i it is rare to get that runners high, but i am sure i'm experiencing it right now.
Today, my legs are shot, and i mean shot.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I figured it couldn't hurt to revive this one again.

Is anyone else currently training for spring races? I signed up for the Pittsburgh Marathon (May 1) and am currently building my distance back up. This winter hasn't been the best, but I actually don't mind doing my long runs on a treadmill with a fan in my face. This weekend I did a 5k on Saturday (Cupid's Chase Pittsburgh) and 12 miles on the treadmill on Sunday. My goal for Pittsburgh is 4:30-5 along with a sub 2 half at some point this year.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Q('.')=O

One of DFW's 2 big marathons is the weekend after next. I have debated doing it for half a year now and still am debating on it. I am nowhere near prepared for the full but could easily do the half. I just ran 13.1 miles yesterday (1:38:44) since I only had to go in for a half day at work. Absolutely perfect weather.

The things I like about races are that you get the chip time and get to run with a shitload of people which kind of gives you extra energy to keep going and is just a cool atmosphere, plus the free dry-fit shirts and food and bevs at the end . But the negatives are the ridiculous cost ($120 for the half!), waking up super early and hoping you don't have the squirts, and the super bad traffic/parking.

I really do want to do another full but without a doubt need to be more prepared for it this time. Maybe I will do the Dallas full marathon this December.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:20 AM
registered pw

Good luck with Pittsburgh. We have several members of our running group that are going to do it. From what they say, it's difficult but fun.

I am training for the Gettysburg marathon on 4/24. Our local fleet feet is owned by a trainer who runs 2:25 marathons and normally wins a lot of the local marathons and half marathons. I am taking his training course and we'll see what happens in April. I would like to qualify for Boston, but only time will tell. I need a 3:15, or a 3:12 on this past years' qualifying standards.

Keep up the good work and hit those hills. This past weekend was brutal. i ran 16 Saturday morning at 6am and then 7 on Sunday. It's funny, it was 18 degrees on Sunday but no wind and it felt so much better than the 30-40 mph wind and 18 degrees.

Originally Posted by 03silvertypeS
I figured it couldn't hurt to revive this one again.

Is anyone else currently training for spring races? I signed up for the Pittsburgh Marathon (May 1) and am currently building my distance back up. This winter hasn't been the best, but I actually don't mind doing my long runs on a treadmill with a fan in my face. This weekend I did a 5k on Saturday (Cupid's Chase Pittsburgh) and 12 miles on the treadmill on Sunday. My goal for Pittsburgh is 4:30-5 along with a sub 2 half at some point this year.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:36 AM
registered pw

Do it! The half at least. Doing a full without the training sometimes leaves you pissed and not willing to do another. I agree $120 is rediculous, that's almost $10 per mile.

One of DFW's 2 big marathons is the weekend after next. I have debated doing it for half a year now and still am debating on it. I am nowhere near prepared for the full but could easily do the half. I just ran 13.1 miles yesterday (1:38:44) since I only had to go in for a half day at work. Absolutely perfect weather.

The things I like about races are that you get the chip time and get to run with a shitload of people which kind of gives you extra energy to keep going and is just a cool atmosphere, plus the free dry-fit shirts and food and bevs at the end . But the negatives are the ridiculous cost ($120 for the half!), waking up super early and hoping you don't have the squirts, and the super bad traffic/parking.

I really do want to do another full but without a doubt need to be more prepared for it this time. Maybe I will do the Dallas full marathon this December.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts
I used to think I was a long distance runner in high school. I realized shortly after that I was really a middle-distance runner. The 800M and 1 mile were my specialties, and the only time I ran a 2 mile, I wished I would black out (finished in 12:58). :ibcoolstorybro:

Cut to the point, I have been wanting to get back into running, so I signed up for the Capitol 10K, 4/10. Being conservative, I'm hoping to break an hour. Knowing what I used to be capable of, I want to beat 50 minutes. Got some training to do though because I've never run more than 4.2 miles at one time.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Got on the tread-mill after not having run for "years"... I put it on an incline of 1 (I feel that this most accurately reflects real running on flat ground) and did 10 miles in about 7:45 a mile. Then I put the incline up to 12 and did 1.5 more miles at a walking pace. The result was numerous blisters (and one blood blister), killed my calf and quads! I'm back to watching TV now as it seems more enjoyable.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:20 PM
registered pw

Originally Posted by oo7spy
I used to think I was a long distance runner in high school. I realized shortly after that I was really a middle-distance runner. The 800M and 1 mile were my specialties, and the only time I ran a 2 mile, I wished I would black out (finished in 12:58). :ibcoolstorybro:

Cut to the point, I have been wanting to get back into running, so I signed up for the Capitol 10K, 4/10. Being conservative, I'm hoping to break an hour. Knowing what I used to be capable of, I want to beat 50 minutes. Got some training to do though because I've never run more than 4.2 miles at one time.
Keep it up. The miles will come in time. The best thing to do is to increase mileage around 10-20% per week as needed. A month and a half is plenty of time to get ready for it.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:22 PM
registered pw

31 miles this weekend and 4-5 more tonight until i get tomorrow off. I know i'm getting stronger but it's exhausting. I am less of a heel striker now and it's helping to keep the injuries to a minimum.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Q('.')=O

Damn that is a lot of miles for 1 weekend!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Capital 10K was this morning. I finished in 50 min 20 seconds. Damn close to my ultimate goal. Turns out that 0.2 miles past mile 6 takes some time.

Thoughts on the race:
- Free beer at the finish line. Any other races have this?
- Why do people sign up to be at the front of the race and then start out walking? They had to have lied about their expected time to get up front.
- I've never run a public race before. I ended up having to average my pace between running behind slow people and short bursts to get around them. I wasn't expecting that, but I can't say it was all that bad.

Last edited by oo7spy; 04-10-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Someone else pointed out the 5K split ranks today, so I took a look at mine.

1st 5K: 26:28; rank = 1614
2nd 5K: 23:52; rank = 801

Overall rank was 1164 out of 20,520, so top 6%.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Capital 10K was this morning. I finished in 50 min 20 seconds. Damn close to my ultimate goal. Turns out that 0.2 miles past mile 6 takes some time.

Thoughts on the race:
- Why do people sign up to be at the front of the race and then start out walking? They had to have lied about their expected time to get up front.
- I've never run a public race before. I ended up having to average my pace between running behind slow people and short bursts to get around them. I wasn't expecting that, but I can't say it was all that bad.
Yeah, those little remnants of distance at the end are always the ones that getcha!

All the best races have free beer afterwards. Those are my favorites. Although it's easy to fall into the runner's fallacy, thinking "I just burned a bunch of calories, I can have a few..." and then 8 beers later you realize you need to go run another race to undo what you've just done.

No joke, I ran a marathon a couple years back and lined up pretty close to the front, with my appropriate pace group which could be described as "running pace". Gun goes off and 50 meters later, I'm dodging (literally no joke) an old lady with a walker. Pretty sure my wife got pictures. Not a lady *walking*, but a lady using a metal don't-fall-over-walker. Lined up at the front...

Playing moving chicanes with the out of place people is annoying but a part of it some time. Some sound advice I got early on was to line up at the start and look at the people around you. If they're wearing shorts the same length as you, you're in the right place. If they're shorts are longer than yours, move up. Shorter than yours, move back. I've found that to be a pretty good rule of thumb.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

at the short length advice. I wear basketball shorts to run, so the jokes on them.

As for the beer, I finished at 8:55 am, so I only had one.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Q('.')=O

Thoughts on the race:
Great job!
There are always those idiots that think they are bad ass that start in the front and fade back pretty quickly. I don't know why they do it.. I guess to feel like a badass for all of 30 seconds?

Yeah, those little remnants of distance at the end are always the ones that getcha!

All the best races have free beer afterwards. Those are my favorites. Although it's easy to fall into the runner's fallacy, thinking "I just burned a bunch of calories, I can have a few..." and then 8 beers later you realize you need to go run another race to undo what you've just done.

No joke, I ran a marathon a couple years back and lined up pretty close to the front, with my appropriate pace group which could be described as "running pace". Gun goes off and 50 meters later, I'm dodging (literally no joke) an old lady with a walker. Pretty sure my wife got pictures. Not a lady *walking*, but a lady using a metal don't-fall-over-walker. Lined up at the front...

Playing moving chicanes with the out of place people is annoying but a part of it some time. Some sound advice I got early on was to line up at the start and look at the people around you. If they're wearing shorts the same length as you, you're in the right place. If they're shorts are longer than yours, move up. Shorter than yours, move back. I've found that to be a pretty good rule of thumb.
I think the beer afterwards is perfectly fine. You just did a race or ran a really long distance. Now you feel like a true man and need to top it off with a beer . Also, a few beers after a long run get you buzzed quicker since you've lost all that water
oo7spy (04-13-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 09:15 AM

That was one of the little bonuses I gave myself for banging out early morning long runs during marathon training... Get back to the house and it's shower-beer time!

Then a sensible breakfast of course. ...
Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM
registered pw

Congrats, that is excellent.It sometimes seems like that last 1/4 will never end. It doesn't matter if it's a 5k or marathon, it's all hard.

I like to choose a race based upon their after race refreshments and who it benefits. Those people who start up front deserve to get trampled. I never understand it.
The races around us normally tell people that they need to go to the rear of the pack.

Thoughts on the race:
oo7spy (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 10:39 AM
registered pw

I am planning to run the Gettysburg marathon in 10 days. My achilles has been hurting but getting better and i almost had to abort my plans to run it.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:27 PM
registered pw

3rd marathon is in the books. I ran a 3:20 and knocked 3 minutes off my time. I was pacing pretty good through mile 23-24 and then i needed to slow down a bit.

I wasn't cursing the marathon so i guess another one is in store. I need about a 3:12 to BQ.

All feels pretty good so far.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:12 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
3rd marathon is in the books. I ran a 3:20 and knocked 3 minutes off my time. I was pacing pretty good through mile 23-24 and then i needed to slow down a bit.

I wasn't cursing the marathon so i guess another one is in store. I need about a 3:12 to BQ.

That's awesome man. It's a breath of fresh air to hear stories like this, especially with the general population being generally overweight as they are. I hear stories all the time from my wife (who's a NP), about people who have this problem and this problem and this problem and this problem. When she tells them to exercise and eat right, well, they say they want a pill to fix it.

I'd tell them to GTFO of my office and would get fired day 1.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:30 AM
registered pw

Thanks, i might do another next month depending on how the body feels.

I would get fired also. I take responsibility for what i do, just like you and make no excuses.

I feel good today besides my body being a bit worn. These things are not the most fun but something keeps me doing them.

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
That's awesome man. It's a breath of fresh air to hear stories like this, especially with the general population being generally overweight as they are. I hear stories all the time from my wife (who's a NP), about people who have this problem and this problem and this problem and this problem. When she tells them to exercise and eat right, well, they say they want a pill to fix it.

I'd tell them to GTFO of my office and would get fired day 1.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's awesome! I doubt I'll ever qualify for Boston, but I have loads of respect for anyone who comes even close.

I'll be completing #3 this weekend (Pittsburgh) and I'm shooting for a 4:20-4:30 (Marathon #1 was 5:58:41 coming off of injuries, Marathon #2 was 5:06:39). I also signed up for Wine Glass Marathon (Corning, NY Oct 2) and Philadelphia Marathon (Nov 20).

After those 2, I'll have completed 5 marathons and plan to focus more on speed work, Half marathons, 10ks, and 5ks. My current 5k PR is 23:27 (7:32/mile) from last year which I'm planning on beating this fall, but the rest of my PRs are around 9:30 pace.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 AM
registered pw

Wineglass is supposed to be a great race. The half is sold out and i'm sure the full will be at some point too. You will really enjoy that one. Yinz should enjoy Pittsburgh too. We have a bunch of people from our running group going there. it's hilly but they like the race.

Qualifying for boston is very hard, so we'll keep trying. You are really taking good chunks of time off and you'll do well. As everyone would say, keep your first few miles in check and don't get caught up in the crows and remember to pace yourself.

I had the same problem with the half and full. My 5k times are much faster per mile than the half and full, but it really takes most of us a good amount of time to work on it.

Good luck this weekend and really enjoy the experience!

Originally Posted by 03silvertypeS
That's awesome! I doubt I'll ever qualify for Boston, but I have loads of respect for anyone who comes even close.

I'll be completing #3 this weekend (Pittsburgh) and I'm shooting for a 4:20-4:30 (Marathon #1 was 5:58:41 coming off of injuries, Marathon #2 was 5:06:39). I also signed up for Wine Glass Marathon (Corning, NY Oct 2) and Philadelphia Marathon (Nov 20).

After those 2, I'll have completed 5 marathons and plan to focus more on speed work, Half marathons, 10ks, and 5ks. My current 5k PR is 23:27 (7:32/mile) from last year which I'm planning on beating this fall, but the rest of my PRs are around 9:30 pace.

Quick Reply: Started running again