Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Protein Bar opinion

Old 01-13-2006 | 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Protein Bar opinion

http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/34_64

How do you guys feel about these as a snack between a big breakfast and lunch?

I know the sugar is high, but it seems to be from all good sources (fruit and honey) and the bar is supposedly "low gi". The things I really like is the fat source is from peanut butter, and protein is strictly whey.
Old 01-16-2006 | 02:33 PM
Banned

To be honest, the fat calories:total calories ratio is too high IMO. Personally, I prefer to keep the fat calories < 20% of total calories. Also, sugar is sugar to the body, no matter if it's from fruit or a candy.

Some others to look at are Lean Body bars - they are a little better on fat than your bars and taste good enough.
Old 01-16-2006 | 02:58 PM
Luke 1:37

I started to drink whey protein in between meals.
Old 01-16-2006 | 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Adam_Schwartz
To be honest, the fat calories:total calories ratio is too high IMO. Personally, I prefer to keep the fat calories < 20% of total calories. Also, sugar is sugar to the body, no matter if it's from fruit or a candy.

Some others to look at are Lean Body bars - they are a little better on fat than your bars and taste good enough.
LOL.

I guess this is what I get from asking nutrition questions on a car forum. First of all that fat in the bar is solely from peanut butter, which is a great fat. There is nothing wrong with fat, and you should have ATLEAST 20% of your daily calories in fat. I shoot for 30%...

You have to realize, ingredients are alot more important then the facts. This bar has no crap, sugar alcohol, or protein fillers in it.

And also sugar is not created equal. Having a banana with 30g sugar, is not the same as eating a bag of M&M's!

I think those lean body bars are crap.
Old 01-16-2006 | 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by virtualbong
I started to drink whey protein in between meals.
That's cool I started parting my hair in the front, wtf does that have to do with my protein bar question?
Old 01-16-2006 | 08:41 PM
Suzuka Master

You've pretty much answered your own question man. If it fits your diet, and you see a use/need for it, go for it.
Old 01-17-2006 | 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r0dxx
LOL.

I guess this is what I get from asking nutrition questions on a car forum. First of all that fat in the bar is solely from peanut butter, which is a great fat. There is nothing wrong with fat, and you should have ATLEAST 20% of your daily calories in fat. I shoot for 30%...

You have to realize, ingredients are alot more important then the facts. This bar has no crap, sugar alcohol, or protein fillers in it.

And also sugar is not created equal. Having a banana with 30g sugar, is not the same as eating a bag of M&M's!

I think those lean body bars are crap.
I see, you ask for advice then dog those who give it. Stay classy rodxx, seriously!!

I know plenty about nutrtion, enough to know that eating 40-50% or more of my calories from fat, no matter what type, is not a great idea. 30%, sure - but 30% and 40% are not the same thing, not even close. I also know enough that eating 75+% of my carbs from sugar is a REALLY bad idea, but I am sure you knew that too.

And as a quick FYI, sugar is sugar is sugar. I am not saying the side benefits of eating fruit are not there, but your body will treat the sugar from fruit the same as it does sugar from candy. Why do you think BBs will cut out fruit when they are trying to get lean? Because of the sugar contained within.

If you were really smart, then you'd eat meals comprised from whole foods like I do and not rely on some crappy bars. If your bar kicks so much ass, then why even bother asking for others' opinions? Next time you ask for advice, leave your bull shit ego behind.
Old 01-17-2006 | 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r0dxx
That's cool I started parting my hair in the front, wtf does that have to do with my protein bar question?
Why even bother asking anyone's opinions if you are just going to be a smart ass? You seem to know more than enough on your own.