Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

People I hate at the gym

Old 03-06-2012 | 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by is300eater
So yesterday, I see this guy working out in the same blue shirt that I've seen him in several times before, and I'm quite certain that he's not washing it because he stunk, it was that mildew, BO like smell, and as he worked up more sweat, that shit just amplified. everywhere he went in the gym, you can see the reactions of the people going "Holy shit! WTF??!!"

Reminds me, when I first started going to the gym I had three dri-fit shirts in the same color since they only had my size in that color. I'm sure ppl thought I worked out in the same shirt all week. At least I didn't stink though.

Last edited by mcflyguy24; 03-06-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: hurl
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

back in the day, maybe 2005 at Ballys it used to be fun to work out there....we all knew each other...people would compliment each other....help one another out.

Now Im at LA Fitness and its full of a bunch of fucking pretentious assholes. Its so funny watching trainers having their clients jumpin around like an idiot while their on the cellphone txt'ing away...
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:09 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by trancemission
Now Im at LA Fitness and its full of a bunch of fucking pretentious assholes. Its so funny watching trainers having their clients jumpin around like an idiot while their on the cellphone txt'ing away...
OMG! If I got a nickel for every time I see a trainer texting and NOT correcting the client's form, I'd be rich Especially when they have the clients do lunges, and they kinda just tail behind them. And lunges is one of those things I see a lot of people doing it wrong.
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Ive been working out with this one guy for years.....hes pretty damn big.....the only thing that makes the time pass by is us making fun of everyone. The way people look at you...its like they're sizing you up.....

If I have to work out alone I just use the shitty gym in my building....
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

OMG! If I got a nickel for every time I see a trainer texting and NOT correcting the client's form, I'd be rich Especially when they have the clients do lunges, and they kinda just tail behind them. And lunges is one of those things I see a lot of people doing it wrong.
I asked a trainer the other night....."is there anyway I can get you to stretch me sometimes after a workout?" I noticed how she was stretching one of her clients....I was more then willing to pay something, ya know....I mean at Ballys a guy used to do it to me all the time and Id throw him a 20 every now and then

Her answer and I am not bullshitting you "uhh, I think I speak for every trainer here, we're not doing anything unless you buy sessions"

I looked at her and said " now I see why most your trainers are just walking around here bored...."
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:32 PM
I shoot people

Ive been working out with this one guy for years.....hes pretty damn big.....the only thing that makes the time pass by is us making fun of everyone. The way people look at you...its like they're sizing you up.....

If I have to work out alone I just use the shitty gym in my building....

sizing each other up is just lame. I practically grew up out of a gym where you do NOT size anyone up because just when you think you're badass... in, comes some dude that is twice your size and single digit body fat. I used to see guys walk around with an attitude, arms flared out posture, chest puffed out, and as soon as some HUGE guy enter the gym, they immediately come down from their high horse and bug off to workout at a corner
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

exactly.....Im not big at all....in fact I took a lot of time off because i tried to squat a small house and got a hernia from it.

But being back, especially at LA Fitness is just depressing. If people worried more about what they were doing then what Im doing they would get a much better work out.
Old 03-08-2012 | 11:07 AM
Safety Car

I can't stand obnoxious excessive grunters. I swear a few weeks ago, I saw this guy sounded like he was in some p0rn movie or something while doing like 80 lbs on lat pull down. Its not like he was a very small guy either, id say about 165 - 175 pounds. I can understand grunting a little when doing heavy weights. But, this guy obviously wasn't struggling as much as he would want EVERYONE in the gym to believe. He was easily moving the weight and it was obvious his grunting was just for show.

Also I hate the guys who have their headphones on listening to music, while reciting every single word of the song (which always seems to be rap music) at the top of their lungs. Don't get me wrong, I like some rap music, but I don't want to hear some guy reciting it word for word for the whole gym to hear when I'm trying to work out.
Old 03-08-2012 | 02:41 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
I can't stand obnoxious excessive grunters. I swear a few weeks ago, I saw this guy sounded like he was in some p0rn movie or something while doing like 80 lbs on lat pull down. Its not like he was a very small guy either, id say about 165 - 175 pounds. I can understand grunting a little when doing heavy weights. But, this guy obviously wasn't struggling as much as he would want EVERYONE in the gym to believe. He was easily moving the weight and it was obvious his grunting was just for show.

Also I hate the guys who have their headphones on listening to music, while reciting every single word of the song (which always seems to be rap music) at the top of their lungs. Don't get me wrong, I like some rap music, but I don't want to hear some guy reciting it word for word for the whole gym to hear when I'm trying to work out.
Which is why I can never workout without MY earphones
Old 03-08-2012 | 03:07 PM
Above n Beyond

There's a guy at my gym (I get along with) who grunts the number of reps in that set. LOL
Old 03-08-2012 | 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

After I saw the guy with the camera phone in the back row behind the ellipticals at Bally's I bought one for the house and stopped going to the gym. My sweat, my shower, NO CREEPERS.
Old 03-08-2012 | 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

back in the day, maybe 2005 at Ballys it used to be fun to work out there....we all knew each other...people would compliment each other....help one another out.

My La Fitness is pretty good people wise except the trainers really don't know what they are doing. It's almost always the same guys there when I work out and nobody seem stuck up or unwilling to help with a spot or anything.
Old 03-09-2012 | 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

So this I dont necessarily hate this but its funny to me. I like it when chicks wear the TIGHTEST spandexy type shorts....like this one chick I see just about every night....she wears these little under armor black shorts that look so uncomfortable to her. Shes is constantly pulling them out of her ass. When she lays on the flat bench you can see the split in her vag.....did I look? yes....its just too hard not too....but then she'll catch you looking as if she wants you to....its weird...

So tonight Ive decided to wear some really tight short shorts and walk around with my ballsack hanging out each side of my shorts. My first exercise will be on the flat bench....lets see how this goes.
Old 03-09-2012 | 12:25 PM
The Dumb One

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
I swear a few weeks ago, I saw this guy sounded like he was in some p0rn movie or something while doing like 80 lbs on lat pull down. Its not like he was a very small guy either, id say about 165 - 175 pounds.

completely unnecessary.
i do nearly twice his weight on lats and im about 10 lbs heavier than him.

im basically silent while lifting

i do, however, let out slight hisses when squatting, its a habit from highschool powerlifting. but not obnoxious by any means.
Old 03-09-2012 | 12:39 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

The guy I workout with lets out a few yells when hes squats...
but as Im putting that 4th plate on I begin to think I would make noise too.
Old 03-10-2012 | 02:22 AM
Suzuka Master

I hate the guys that are like lifting 20lbs and grunting like it was 2000000000000000 lbs or the guys that spread their crap all over the bench so no one else can sit on it.

(LA Fitness here)

The guys who try to get you with a personal trainer lol and try to tell you how to eat....it's really simple to lose weight- eat less than you burn.......and make sure you eat healthy foods in moderation.....

Originally Posted by mustangman
Also, the old naked guys sicken me. There is one old man that uses the hand dryer to dry off his balls.
It's prolly easier for him to lift his nuts up to the dryer than it is for him to bend down and dry them with a towell....jus' saying...

Last edited by YeuEmMaiMai; 03-10-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2012 | 02:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by virtualbong
LOL, this was a great topic!

I'm sure someone mentioned it but what about:

The cell phone guy. I mean damn, does someone really need to contact you within the 1-2 hrs that you are at the gym. And what's worse is when they start talking all loud and laughing, acting like he's having this super duper hilarious conversation just so that people hear him and think that he's this funny ass tard.

btw. I hate people who read at the gym, especially when they break out the newspaper and sit there on the bench when I'm ready to freakin' get my flat bench on. Bastards.
I only answer my phone at the gym for my wife and she is in vietnam so it's the reason. I will go into the spot between the inner and outer doors to talk to her for a few mins and then I tell her I'l call her when I get home.
Old 03-10-2012 | 04:16 AM

So this I dont necessarily hate this but its funny to me. I like it when chicks wear the TIGHTEST spandexy type shorts....like this one chick I see just about every night....she wears these little under armor black shorts that look so uncomfortable to her. Shes is constantly pulling them out of her ass. When she lays on the flat bench you can see the split in her vag.....did I look? yes....its just too hard not too....but then she'll catch you looking as if she wants you to....its weird...

So tonight Ive decided to wear some really tight short shorts and walk around with my ballsack hanging out each side of my shorts. My first exercise will be on the flat bench....lets see how this goes.
The following users liked this post:
Doom878 (03-12-2012)
Old 03-10-2012 | 04:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
and the other guy coughing up a storm every 10 seconds.

People whom have Asthma will cough during a workout. How do I know? I suffer from it. It can be alleviated to a point but not completely.....
Old 03-15-2012 | 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Which is why I can never workout without MY earphones
lol good point!
Old 03-15-2012 | 10:18 AM
Above n Beyond

There have been times my headphones went out because I forgot to charge them. I stop my workout right then and there. I lose all motivation listening to others talk about their weekends (small gym) and the Amy Grant music playing from the speakers.
Old 03-16-2012 | 07:19 AM
Safety Car

lol I remember I was working out one morning, and this guy had his headphones on rapping along with his music word for word, then I guess the lyrics had the "N" word in it. But as soon as he shouted out the "N" word, he immediately stopped, looked over in my direction and just said "Oh". He was quiet the rest of the time I was there.

I guess he thought I would be offended or something. I wasn't offended; but there are some that would be, which is another reason not to repeat lyrics while in a public place. It's not only irritating and distracting, it can also piss someone off.
Old 03-16-2012 | 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Lol at your avi WdnUlik2no
WdnUlik2no (03-21-2012)
Old 03-19-2012 | 07:20 AM
Team Owner

I think the screaming varies at the gym you go to. I go to a boot camp/crossfit style gym so screaming is urged as you want to kill yourself. I know what you guys mean at gyms like LA or 24 not encouraging screaming but I don't know why the culture of both styles have to vary. I've done both gyms and the attitude is night and day. It's not a library, it's a gym to work. Honestly, if I saw a dude that weighed 250 struggling with 25 lbs on dumbell press maybe he's really weak or was injured and is recovering. I won't knock him for it even though I'm stronger than him. When did a gym become so judgemental?
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by Doom878
When did a gym become so judgemental?
when it gets filled with a bunch of Dbags it tends to get that way. Its just something that happens.....hell I have friends that have lost weight and just because of that they all of a sudden think they're now the subject matter expert on it. Its just the mindset it puts you in I guess.

Its hard not to have those people in gyms these days and what you end up with is a bunch of wanna be alpha males who cant handle someone being bigger then they are. imo the gym is the absolute worst place for you to stack yourself up against anyone. There will ALWAYS be someone bigger and stronger. My favorite guy in the gym is this skinny kid with glasses that comes in there with his mom....hes reallly creepy in ways, but what I love about him is he just sits at every machine just smiling and pushing up one or two plates. My buddy and I always make it a point to walk by and him tell him.....keep it up man, you're doing great!

I do that for more then one reason, if he does decide to come in there and take everyone out Im hoping he'll spare me...
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:12 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
There have been times my headphones went out because I forgot to charge them. I stop my workout right then and there. I lose all motivation listening to others talk about their weekends (small gym) and the Amy Grant music playing from the speakers.
there's been times where I got to the gym and realized I had forgotten my earphones, turned around, went back and got them
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:14 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Doom878
I think the screaming varies at the gym you go to. I go to a boot camp/crossfit style gym so screaming is urged as you want to kill yourself. I know what you guys mean at gyms like LA or 24 not encouraging screaming but I don't know why the culture of both styles have to vary. I've done both gyms and the attitude is night and day. It's not a library, it's a gym to work. Honestly, if I saw a dude that weighed 250 struggling with 25 lbs on dumbell press maybe he's really weak or was injured and is recovering. I won't knock him for it even though I'm stronger than him. When did a gym become so judgemental?
for me, it's like I said... wearing earphones, blasting my own music solves this. i don't really care, but what I DO care are those guys throwing weights around (when it's unnecessary).
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

^^^ and assholes who dont clean up their weights...
The guy I work out with will always walk up on the dude and be like "hey man you gonna clean up your weights?
Old 03-19-2012 | 12:44 PM
I shoot people

^^^ and assholes who dont clean up their weights...
The guy I work out with will always walk up on the dude and be like "hey man you gonna clean up your weights?
or when they just rack whatever dumbbells in random spots. I remember one time I was doing something with 80lbs dumbbells, the rest of the dumbbells were all in their proper places... and some asshat decided to put his 25lbs dumbbells where my 80's are suppose go. It's like... SERIOUSLY?? At what point does someone think "25" goes between "75" and "85"??? All it takes is ONE idiot to pull this shit, and as time go by everything is out of place, because if it was anyone else, they would just either leave the 80s on the floor or put the 80s where the 25s go. It's a domino's effect. I freakin' called the guy out and made him put the 25s back where they belong
Old 03-19-2012 | 01:24 PM
Team Owner

when it gets filled with a bunch of Dbags it tends to get that way. Its just something that happens.....hell I have friends that have lost weight and just because of that they all of a sudden think they're now the subject matter expert on it. Its just the mindset it puts you in I guess.

Its hard not to have those people in gyms these days and what you end up with is a bunch of wanna be alpha males who cant handle someone being bigger then they are. imo the gym is the absolute worst place for you to stack yourself up against anyone. There will ALWAYS be someone bigger and stronger. My favorite guy in the gym is this skinny kid with glasses that comes in there with his mom....hes reallly creepy in ways, but what I love about him is he just sits at every machine just smiling and pushing up one or two plates. My buddy and I always make it a point to walk by and him tell him.....keep it up man, you're doing great!

I do that for more then one reason, if he does decide to come in there and take everyone out Im hoping he'll spare me...
Old 03-20-2012 | 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

or when they just rack whatever dumbbells in random spots. I remember one time I was doing something with 80lbs dumbbells, the rest of the dumbbells were all in their proper places... and some asshat decided to put his 25lbs dumbbells where my 80's are suppose go. It's like... SERIOUSLY?? At what point does someone think "25" goes between "75" and "85"??? All it takes is ONE idiot to pull this shit, and as time go by everything is out of place, because if it was anyone else, they would just either leave the 80s on the floor or put the 80s where the 25s go. It's a domino's effect. I freakin' called the guy out and made him put the 25s back where they belong
I hate ppl who do that as well. That and ppl who take free weights out of the free weight area and don't bring them back. I don't know how many times I've found plates sitting over in the stretching area or near the cardio machines of all places.
Old 03-21-2012 | 07:13 AM
Safety Car

this reminds me of what that one comedian (forgot his name) said about the weird guy at work.

He said he is always nice to that guy and gives him candy, so if the guy goes nuts and starts killing everybody, when the crazy guy gets to him, he would spare him and just say "hey man, thanks for the candy".
Old 03-21-2012 | 08:53 AM
Suzuka Master

A few things I ran into in the last week

1. Dude showering with the curtain open. Jeez man no one wants to see you showering

2. Dude standing in the middle of the doorway to the shower area drying himself off. GTFO, ' nuff said

3. Dude walking on the treadmill and would not get off of the dang cell phone. Do you honestly think the rest of us give a crap about your personal life?

4. Dude using TWO lockers, I mean really did you just pack a mini version of your stuff and move in or what?

5. Dude clipping his toenails at the pool.
Old 03-21-2012 | 12:09 PM
Creepy guy in the mirror.

Ughhh. I am sure these are all covered earlier in the thread.

Rack your weights when you are done with them!!! I hate that.

I hate guys who drop their weights like they are bounce plates. I get that you are huge and lifting huge weights but if you can't control it lift lighter.

I got asked by some meathead if I would go do something else because he wanted the squat rack and he had a 'serious lift' to do. NO!!!

And the obvious 2 dudes in a bromance having a conversation while one shakes his protein bottle and the other blow drys his non-existent hair all while totally naked. I ran out before the sword fight started.

I hate the giggle bishes who alternate between flirting and whining to their personal trainer for an hour.

I hate the guys who move the benches around. What is the placement not feng shui enough for you. You are in a gym, not your living room.
Old 03-24-2012 | 06:58 AM
Suzuka Master

ran into a new one last night

Dude laid out newspaper on the bench and floor in front of his locker...lol like news papers are clean lol
Old 03-30-2012 | 01:14 PM
I shoot people

people that call themselves trainers that can't improvise. They whine, cry, bitch, pout and/or give an attitude because other people are using the equipment/machine that they want (and it's an exercise on that clipboard of "cookie cutter" workout they have EVERYONE do). Seriously, they should just quit and find another profession. And, yes....I can say this because I was a trainer for over 11 years. When you want something that you can't have because people are camping on it, instead of kicking and crying about it, wasting your client's time (who's paying you top dollar per hour), show the client why you're the trainer, and how to improvise.

This is what happened the other day on my leg's workout. I'm on my last 2 sets on the leg press, and I'm going pretty heavy, had Pantera blasting in my earphones, getting myself mentally psyched, some stupid ass lady trainer (yes, I said "lady" because she's older and kinda "manly"), comes and fucking waved her hand in front of me, making me take my earphones off, to ask me how many more sets I had... and I know there's nothing wrong with asking people how many sets they have left, but it was the way she did it... totally gave me an attitude, I told her "two" and she looked at her watch as if she was annoyed. Honestly? I wanted to verbally abused her, but decided to put the energy into my last two sets. Had her client been near, I would have embarrassed by telling that a good trainer would know how to improvise and work around others.
Old 03-30-2012 | 03:09 PM
Team Owner

^Yeah you were the better man there. That would've screwed up your routine anyways arguing with the "trainer"
Old 03-30-2012 | 09:25 PM
Safety Car

i pick things up and put them down.
mcflyguy24 (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012 | 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Some douche and this other trashy looking women were working out near me doing leg presses. When they were done she didn't feel like re-racking the rest of the weights and left like 3 plates on the machine, guys says "don't worry bout it if the next person can't do that much then they don't deserve to use it." It made me angry cos everyone's gotta start somewhere, and I remember struggling with that weight my first month in the gym. Plus he looked like he came from the trailer park with his gay ass tap-out shirt on.
Old 03-31-2012 | 07:51 PM
Safety Car

Guys that say that kind of shit + wears a Tap-Out shirt = he could totally kick your ass

And I agree that kind of mentality pisses me off too. You don't walk into a gym being a fucking bodybuilder right off the bat. I found that more often than not, people who think like that probably do the lifts wrong anyways. Or maybe he just wanted to look like a macho-douche in front of his girlfriend.

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym