Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

People I hate at the gym

Old 12-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
People I hate at the gym

Out of all the things I do on a regular basis, there is no place where I see weirder shit going on than at the gym. Some people drive me crazy...

weight slamming guy. you can do 8 reps, but can't manage to set the weights down? fucking attention whores.

spandex guy. unless you are in a spinning class, there is NO REASON to wear spandex shorts while you lift.

extra short shorts guy. same as spandex. no one wants to see your balls buddy. get some real shorts.

reading guy. there are some guys at my gym that sit on a machine and read an entire section of the NYT between sets.

lazy guy, social guy. if you come to the gym, work out. the benches aren't there for you to sit on your ass and try to socialize for an hour.

bad form guy. usually the older guys. when these guys swing and jerk the weights around it looks like they are having a seizure. first, learn proper form before you really hurt yourself. second, if you can't finish your sets with good form, LOWER THE WEIGHT.

dancing guy. there is always some dude with headphones doing homo-aerobics in the corner of the gym. do that shit in private.

screaming guy. needs no explanation.

fat 'sans appropriate clothing' guy. if you are 60 lbs overweight, please don't wear an under armour running jersey. its gross.

naked guy. the only time to be naked is in the shower, and while in the process of putting on clothes. when you are shaving, brushing your teeth, wandering the locker room at least put on a fucking towel. and for gods sake don't try to start a conversation with me while you are naked.

/rant. just needed to vent... and I've got nothing to do at work.

The following users liked this post:
sooththetruth (12-13-2014)
Old 12-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Blah I feel your pain. I hate the people who slam weights, the ones who are on the treadmill across from you that stare at you the whole time (i think theyre having a race with you in their head), and the ones who hang around you and wait for you to finish on whatever machine youre using
Old 12-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My money is on Beetroot being "naked guy"
Old 12-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
naked guy. the only time to be naked is in the shower, and while in the process of putting on clothes. when you are shaving, brushing your teeth, wandering the locker room at least put on a fucking towel. and for gods sake don't try to start a conversation with me while you are naked.
bad experience in the gym huh?

Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
URL Not Found!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ never use bar soap!

----

let me add to this list:
girls who literally look like they're going clubbing. . . you're working out, you're gonna sweat and look gross...stop trying to look pretty!

the guys who only use cardio machines because there is a hot girl using one. . . and sadly, they make it soo obvious by using the one right next to them!

i totally agree on the naked thing! gross ness!
Old 12-22-2004, 11:38 AM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The mirror poser guy. I hate seeing guys get done with a set then flex in the mirror. not normal flexing, I mean really tryin hard flexing. Do that shit at home too.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Extinguish the Flamer

Out of all the things I do on a regular basis, there is no place where I see weirder shit going on than at the gym. Some people drive me crazy...

weight slamming guy. you can do 8 reps, but can't manage to set the weights down? fucking attention whores.

spandex guy. unless you are in a spinning class, there is NO REASON to wear spandex shorts while you lift.

extra short shorts guy. same as spandex. no one wants to see your balls buddy. get some real shorts.

reading guy. there are some guys at my gym that sit on a machine and read an entire section of the NYT between sets.

lazy guy, social guy. if you come to the gym, work out. the benches aren't there for you to sit on your ass and try to socialize for an hour.

bad form guy. usually the older guys. when these guys swing and jerk the weights around it looks like they are having a seizure. first, learn proper form before you really hurt yourself. second, if you can't finish your sets with good form, LOWER THE WEIGHT.
dancing guy. there is always some dude with headphones doing homo-aerobics in the corner of the gym. do that shit in private.

fat 'sans appropriate clothing' guy. if you are 60 lbs overweight, please don't wear an under armour running jersey. its gross.

The bad form guys are my favorite, I have one that uses lifts only MacGyver would use. Sometimes I think that they are only trying to hurt their back.

Also, the old naked guys sicken me. There is one old man that uses the hand dryer to dry off his balls.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by mustangman
There is one old man that uses the hand dryer to dry off his balls.
I think everyone wants to do that, but its rare to actually have that guy that is comfortable standing at the sink by the dryer fanning his balls.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Masshole

Ahahaha, so true... let me also add:

Bad body odor guy - with all the advancements of personal hygiene, there's no excuse to stink like you've been living in a vat of raw sewage and dead skunks. It's called shower, soap, and deodorant...know it, use it.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:45 AM
My Work is Done Here

The loud-talker-so-everyone-can-hear-how-hard-I-workout guy. I think the whole gym knew that this one guy had been there for 4hours after hearing his conversaton with his buddy.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Racer

What about the annoying fitness rep. guy, that has to clean near you while your using the machine or is nowhere in sight for a spot. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:47 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

I worked in a gym for 5 years so I've seen it all. What about the guys who don't put back the dumbbells and plates? I hate these guys because I'd be watching them and they'd act like they're getting a drink from the fountain and never come back. Guess who winds up hoisting dumbbells? How about the clowns who do multiple sets on a particular machine? I had to improvise a lot with my clients because I couldn't wait around. Luckily I know a lot of alternative exercises.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:51 AM
My Work is Done Here

Originally Posted by Batin Dean
Luckily I know a lot of alternative exercises.

I bet you do
Old 12-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by Batin Dean
What about the guys who don't put back the dumbbells and plates?

forgot about those guys! the one that drives me nuts is when they put the dumbells in the wrong spot on the rack. they are labeled with giant shiny stickers its not that difficult. don't put the 25's in the 50 spot you asshole.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:56 AM
My Work is Done Here

forgot about those guys! the one that drives me nuts is when they put the dumbells in the wrong spot on the rack. they are labeled with giant shiny stickers its not that difficult. don't put the 25's in the 50 spot you asshole.

Or the ones that take one dumbbell to use, then put that ONE back in the wrong spot.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
we have a guy at work who rides the exercise bike for 1.5 hours. sweats all over the thing and sort of wipes it down.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
Or the ones that take one dumbbell to use, then put that ONE back in the wrong spot.

those guys should be shot

Originally Posted by Mike
we have a guy at work who rides the exercise bike for 1.5 hours. sweats all over the thing and sort of wipes it down.

there used to be this chick at my gym that probably weighed 70 lbs. no joke... the worst anorexic I've ever seen. used to be on the elliptical for hours every day. no matter when I came to the gym, she was there going like hell.

then all of a sudden... she stopped coming. wonder if she died.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:04 PM
styling on you

or the fat fucks that think there the shit cuz they bench 10lbs higher than you but weigh 200lbs when you weigh 125 HRMMM!?? HRMMM?!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

private gym > *

Don't need to see people to exercise. And when I did, I never got into the bathroom (except for peeing); I took my bycicle and got a shower back home. Don't need to see homos-wannabe in there.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
My Work is Done Here

Another one:

The guys that actually get off their bench to talk to someone, then look at you funny when you take their bench, even though they haven't been using it for the last five minutes.

"Excuse me.... that one's mine" Bitches!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Revelation 3:15-17

to everyones motha'

I feel everything BEET said. I use to go to LA Fitness and I would
see :ghey: like this all the time. This is what drove me out
of that :ghey: gym. The gym I'm currently in is straight because
everyone in there knows what the hell their doing and their is hardly
any noobs. The gym might be small but has nothing but free weights.
I can't stand free motion machines, they're for lazy people.
Fortunately my gym lives up to its name, "Hard Body Gym".

BTW - In LA Fitness me and my boy would see faggots like the
"Naked Guy" post up in front of the mirror while he shaved his face
while being completely naked. I noticed the "Naked Guys" are all
old This use to piss me off so I would scream out "Mari"
and my boy would say "Con". "Maricon" = Faggot in spanish.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:09 PM

^ Or sometimes I would say "Odio" and my boy would say right
after, "Homosexuales". Meaning; I hate Homosexuals in spanish.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by DivineCL
I can't stand free motion machines, they're for lazy people.

I do primarily free weights, but the freemotion stuff is great for finishing off sets and in place of the traditional cable machines. Tri pulldowns, some chest stuff, curls...

you mean the actual freemotion machines... white/red with black handles right.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:14 PM
563hp daily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats why when we purchased single family home the one of the first things I did was to build a gym in the basement with free weights and some machines.

NO more annoying as$ clowns, no line, no membership and ugly naked bodies
Old 12-22-2004, 12:21 PM

I do primarily free weights, but the freemotion stuff is great for finishing off sets and in place of the traditional cable machines. Tri pulldowns, some chest stuff, curls...

you mean the actual freemotion machines... white/red with black handles right.

Freemotion machines, meaning the ones that utilize cables.
I don't know if that's what they're called but I think they are.

I use only free-weights and when I want to cool down I'll reduce the weight. Freemotion machines are not as effective IMO.
I primarily lift heavy, therefore I use free-weights for the
full effect of the weight load. There are so many different excercises that I have for each muscle group in my regimen
and they're all using free-weights. I use free-motion machines
about once a month. That's just the way I workout. If freemotion machines work for you and you feel great, that's all that matters, however I would recomment to anyone to use more free-weights.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Race Director

Received 836 Likes on 518 Posts
I use the gym at my office at off hours (10am) when there is no one in there and you don't have to deal with any of that crap.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:26 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

there used to be this chick at my gym that probably weighed 70 lbs. no joke... the worst anorexic I've ever seen. used to be on the elliptical for hours every day. no matter when I came to the gym, she was there going like hell.

then all of a sudden,.. she stopped coming. wonder if she died.
we had one of those at my gym....she even did some accounting temping at one of my old offices.

she wouldn't sit at her desk to work, she would stand
then she would park the farthest out in the parking lot and run to her car

.........she died of cardiac arrest at 36 yrs old
Old 12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Instructor

We have a gym 'tard at the place I go to. Always screaming during sets and usually gets into at least one fight with someone else every time he's there.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by DivineCL
Freemotion machines, meaning the ones that utilize cables.
I don't know if that's what they're called but I think they are.

I use only free-weights and when I want to cool down I'll reduce the weight. Freemotion machines are not as effective IMO.
I primarily lift heavy, therefore I use free-weights for the
full effect of the weight load. There are so many different excercises that I have for each muscle group in my regimen
and they're all using free-weights. I use free-motion machines
about once a month. That's just the way I workout. If freemotion machines work for you and you feel great, that's all that matters, however I would recomment to anyone to use more free-weights.

Freemotion is a specific kind... don't know if its the model line or the brand...

its great equipment. I agree free weights are the best, but for some things I prefer these machines (chest fly for example)
Old 12-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Under the radar

homo-aerobics
I have seen that a couple times. Great name for it.

spandex guy
I have seen a guy that wears an 80s spandex unitard.

Unfortunately at my gym I can add "redneck stink guys". Torn up old sweats used to work on their cars and haven't showered for a few days.

I am surprised no mention is made of some of the chicks that are annoying.

I go to the gym about 80% off hours now. So much nicer.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:33 PM

Freemotion is a specific kind... don't know if its the model line or the brand...

its great equipment. I agree free weights are the best, but for some things I prefer these machines (chest fly for example)

What are you working for, size or definition?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

On a few of my exercises i end up having to drop the weights because i jsut can't hold them anymore. Also if i'm taking weights off a bar or machine but plan to use them shortly thereafter, i toss them on the floor. But i don't think this is what you have a problem with

Every so often we get a group of 7-10 highschool kids that come in. The one who thinks he's the strongest does 2 reps on the bench, and then they all just sit around and talk for 20 minutes I have a few friends that are 250+lbs and they do an good job of chasing the punks out though

This is just about everyone in my gym, especially the younger guys. Everything from swinging their entire torso when doing curls to letting the weight fall on the down part of the rep. When people ask me for advice and i try and explain that good form is most important, they look at me like i'm crazy "It's all about the big weight man, you should know that!"

Guilty Although i only scream when it's really needed, i'm not the douchebag who comes in and screams on every rep for every exercise. The gym isn't supposed to be a quiet place.

One guy at our gym is infamous for being "the naked guy." Everyone firmly believes he gets off on making everyone as uncomfortable as possible. He'll stand near the entrance/exit to the showers and lean back so that his junk is as close to the walkway as possible. It's disgusting and hilarious at the same time.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Suzuka Master

[IMG]http://www.perfectbodysystem.com/pics/freemotion2a.gif[IMG]

I really like those for some of the back exercises i do. For some reason most "normal" exercises i've tried just don't hit my back as hard as i'd like, but i can get a great workout with a free motion setup.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by abreece
On a few of my exercises i end up having to drop the weights because i jsut can't hold them anymore. Also if i'm taking weights off a bar or machine but plan to use them shortly thereafter, i toss them on the floor. But i don't think this is what you have a problem with
I mean the guy who drops the heaviest weights so the entire gym shakes at the end of every set.

Guilty Although i only scream when it's really needed, i'm not the douchebag who comes in and screams on every rep for every exercise. The gym isn't supposed to be a quiet place.
If its the last rep or something and it helps to get it up, thats cool. I'm not silent... but there is this one guy who yells on every rep of every set. He drives me nuts. Also he asks me to spot for him whenever I walk by and then I feel like a jackass for being with the screaming guy.

an exception to this is if you are the biggest guy in the gym. if you look like ronnie coleman you can do whatever the hell you want.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 02AV6

Thats why when we purchased single family home the one of the first things I did was to build a gym in the basement with free weights and some machines.

NO more annoying as$ clowns, no line, no membership and ugly naked bodies
Except your own :P
Old 12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Suzuka Master

I mean the guy who drops the heaviest weights so the entire gym shakes at the end of every set.

If its the last rep or something and it helps to get it up, thats cool. I'm not silent... but there is this one guy who yells on every rep of every set. He drives me nuts. Also he asks me to spot for him whenever I walk by and then I feel like a jackass for being with the screaming guy.

an exception to this is if you are the biggest guy in the gym. if you look like ronnie coleman you can do whatever the hell you want.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:46 PM

In the Gym

Naked Guys = :ghey: :ultraghey:
Naked Chicks =

That sums it all up.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Learn to swim

[QUOTE=ReflexRacing_com]^^ never use bar soap!

----

QUOTE]

Do you use powdered soap cause it takes longer to pick up????
Old 12-22-2004, 12:54 PM
TLS - The Lust Sedan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about the guy that ate too many beans and can't hold there crap inside. I hate that. Then they look around like they didn't bust ass or didn't notice the smell.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:55 PM

How about the :ghey: with sweatbands on their heads?

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym