Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Intense Winter Cycle

Old 01-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Intense Winter Cycle

I just started a pretty intense winter bulking cycle. The cycle will last for eight weeks. All my sets will be 5x5. With a focus on Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Lats, Shoulders, and Abs. Ill also be doing legs of course.

Ok so here are my current stats:

Max Squat Rep: 315x5
Max Leg Press Rep: 540x5
Benchpress ORM: 240 (bar)

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180 lbs
Body Fat: not sure havent got it tested probaly between 12 and 14 percent.

Suppliments I will be taking for the cycle(also including stuff i take daily):

A Daily Mulitvitamin
Flaxseed Oil
2500mg Vitamin B6
1000mg L-Glutamine
1000mg L-Agrnine
Dymatize Xpand
Animal Pak
Egropharm 6-oxo
Cytomass Cytogainer

I will also be eating about 6 meals a day, and try to get about 5000 calories. I will not be doing cardio until the spring when i will be cutting.

I will update this thread every week to post increases(or decreases) and how things are going with the suppliments, due to the intensity of the cycle i do expect some side effects but nothing i cant handle.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt you'll really see any sides from the supplements, except maybe the arganine and xpand.

Good luck, and consider going for more than 8 weeks
Old 01-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ABreece
I doubt you'll really see any sides from the supplements, except maybe the arganine and xpand.

Good luck, and consider going for more than 8 weeks
I would like to go for more than 8 weeks, but i dont want to be on creatine for more than an 8 week period, at the end of this cycle ill probably take 2 weeks off from supplements then go on some of this stuff again, but i wont stop lifting hard
Old 01-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

Sounds bad ass man, let us know how it works for you. Nothing like some 5x5 work! BTW, that is a shit ton of calories, which I am sure will be great since you'll be busting ass in the gym!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FiftyFive
I would like to go for more than 8 weeks, but i dont want to be on creatine for more than an 8 week period, at the end of this cycle ill probably take 2 weeks off from supplements then go on some of this stuff again, but i wont stop lifting hard
Remember that the supplements are doing very little relative to your eating habits and workout. Eat big and lift big for as long as you can. I know quite a few people that have bulked until some arbitrary weight they set, then cut, and ended up wishing they had kept bulking for another few months.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Remember that the supplements are doing very little relative to your eating habits and workout. Eat big and lift big for as long as you can. I know quite a few people that have bulked until some arbitrary weight they set, then cut, and ended up wishing they had kept bulking for another few months.
Well ive been eating big and lifting big before this cycle and will continue to after this cycle, but for these 8 weeks, i feel that the workouts will be even more intense, for instance tonight, i couldnt stop, i kept going til i couldnt move a muscle, and i felt that i had so much more energy thanks to the dymatize xpand, man i love the rush i get when i go to the gym with this stuff
Old 01-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

But about 5-10 mins after i take the xpand i feel a slight burning sensation in my chest, kinda wierd, but ill live with it, so far i recommend this product for anyone looking to take some creatine and boost their energy in the gym, ill keep this thread updated
Old 01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

At the end of the cycle i will post before and after pics
Old 01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Well ive been eating big and lifting big before this cycle and will continue to after this cycle, but for these 8 weeks, i feel that the workouts will be even more intense, for instance tonight, i couldnt stop, i kept going til i couldnt move a muscle, and i felt that i had so much more energy thanks to the dymatize xpand, man i love the rush i get when i go to the gym with this stuff
Creatine really does work well, i like it a lot.

THe little bit of scientific info available about NO2 supplements like dymatize say that the practical benefits aren't really there. Yeah you get a better pump, but that alone isn't really doing much. Or so the (limited) information says.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

THe little bit of scientific info available about NO2 supplements like dymatize say that the practical benefits aren't really there. Yeah you get a better pump, but that alone isn't really doing much. Or so the (limited) information says.
Well ive noticed the pumps and even if there not doing much i love them, i just tear it up at the gym, i feel like i have so much more energy and am already seeing slight increases because it makes me push myself so much harder.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

I see GNC pushing NO2 and Creatine together right now. I took NO2 in 2004, I benched the most ever and I also weighed the most ever. I got up to 170lbs, which was about 10lbs more than I had before the NO2. After I got off it, there was a definately loss in weight and strenth.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by anothercls
I see GNC pushing NO2 and Creatine together right now. I took NO2 in 2004, I benched the most ever and I also weighed the most ever. I got up to 170lbs, which was about 10lbs more than I had before the NO2. After I got off it, there was a definately loss in weight and strenth.
If GNC is pushing it, there's a good chance it's junk.

Did the NO2 you were taking have creatine in it?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Nope, it was just regular NO2. It did make me feel like I was getting stronger and looking bigger, but once I was off it the weight went right with it. There was also some weird feeling in my chest as Hans is saying, and for this reason I would stay away from it.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Right before i started this cycle i could rep 215 for 5 on the bench, yesterday got 220 for 5, first increase i am a little worried about the slight burning in my chest but i love the energy and focus i get from this shit when im at the gym, hopefully the burning is just some sort of heartburn
Old 01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Pay attention to things like burning in your chest - pain is a signal something is not right, regradless of what is causing it.

As far as getting dramatic gains from NO2 - I highly doubt you'd get an instant boost from NO2 and would attribute that more to psychological gains. But whatever works.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Adam_Schwartz
Pay attention to things like burning in your chest - pain is a signal something is not right, regradless of what is causing it.

As far as getting dramatic gains from NO2 - I highly doubt you'd get an instant boost from NO2 and would attribute that more to psychological gains. But whatever works.
well lifting really is mental too, you have to be in the right mind set, but im just giving it a try so that i know first hand what its like, the burning sensation only happened once, if it does happen again i may stop
Old 01-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Do you notice your heart beating like it is going to come out of your chest? I noticed this with NO2. I also got something from GNC that was supposed to help you sleep/recover, it made my body tingly, which they said it would do, that I would take right befor bed.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Do you notice your heart beating like it is going to come out of your chest? I noticed this with NO2. I also got something from GNC that was supposed to help you sleep/recover, it made my body tingly, which they said it would do, that I would take right befor bed.
i only notice the pumping right after a heavy set. i dont really have touble sleeping at night tho
Old 01-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just started a pretty intense winter bulking cycle. The cycle will last for eight weeks. All my sets will be 5x5. With a focus on Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Lats, Shoulders, and Abs. Ill also be doing legs of course.

Ok so here are my current stats:

Max Squat Rep: 315x5
Max Leg Press Rep: 540x5
Benchpress ORM: 240 (bar)

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180 lbs
Body Fat: not sure havent got it tested probaly between 12 and 14 percent.

Suppliments I will be taking for the cycle(also including stuff i take daily):

A Daily Mulitvitamin
Flaxseed Oil
2500mg Vitamin B6
1000mg L-Glutamine
1000mg L-Agrnine
Dymatize Xpand
Animal Pak
Egropharm 6-oxo
Cytomass Cytogainer

I will also be eating about 6 meals a day, and try to get about 5000 calories. I will not be doing cardio until the spring when i will be cutting.

I will update this thread every week to post increases(or decreases) and how things are going with the suppliments, due to the intensity of the cycle i do expect some side effects but nothing i cant handle.
Heres some motivation for you...I'm 5'11 170 and I'm hitting 335 for two reps on flat bench!

Also I think 5k calories would be overkill dont ya think? I think you would gain alot cleaner weight at around 3500-4k calories, but I guess it's whatever works for you.

What kind of cycle are you doing? The 6-oxo is for post cycle right?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by r0dxx
Heres some motivation for you...I'm 5'11 170 and I'm hitting 335 for two reps on flat bench!

Also I think 5k calories would be overkill dont ya think? I think you would gain alot cleaner weight at around 3500-4k calories, but I guess it's whatever works for you.

What kind of cycle are you doing? The 6-oxo is for post cycle right?
im actually using the 6-oxo during the cycle, ive read that while it was first created for post cycle if you been on PHs, but then i read on muscle building forums that if you have never taken PHs before that it can actually benefit you by itself, so i just thought id give it a try, might as well

335x2 dayum, did you take any PHs? and what do your cycles look like?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Suzuka Master

im actually using the 6-oxo during the cycle, ive read that while it was first created for post cycle if you been on PHs, but then i read on muscle building forums that if you have never taken PHs before that it can actually benefit you by itself, so i just thought id give it a try, might as well

335x2 dayum, did you take any PHs? and what do your cycles look like?
All NATURAL...Alot of people think I juice, but I just take it as a compliment. All I'm taking right now is phosphagen hp, and I'm on a bulk right now. I was 215, at 5'11 and then cut down to 170-175ish but feel puiny right now, but definitely ripped. I feel like an underwear model, i want to get back to my brollack self.

I am considering doing a cycle when I turn 21...Right now my main focus is my diet and doing it a clean bulk. At 215 last night when I bulked, I was too bloated, and my bf was way too high. This time I'm trying to maintain my low bodyfat and get up to around 195 if possible. I'm only doing like 500 calories over my maintenance and hope to gain a little less than 1lb a week.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

All NATURAL...Alot of people think I juice, but I just take it as a compliment. All I'm taking right now is phosphagen hp, and I'm on a bulk right now. I was 215, at 5'11 and then cut down to 170-175ish but feel puiny right now, but definitely ripped. I feel like an underwear model, i want to get back to my brollack self.

I am considering doing a cycle when I turn 21...Right now my main focus is my diet and doing it a clean bulk. At 215 last night when I bulked, I was too bloated, and my bf was way too high. This time I'm trying to maintain my low bodyfat and get up to around 195 if possible. I'm only doing like 500 calories over my maintenance and hope to gain a little less than 1lb a week.
thats awesome man sounds great, yea right now im bulking so that i can cut in the spring, how long have you been lifting for?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Suzuka Master

thats awesome man sounds great, yea right now im bulking so that i can cut in the spring, how long have you been lifting for?
Ever since junior year in high school so around 16, I just turned 20...So around 3-4 years.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Ever since junior year in high school so around 16, I just turned 20...So around 3-4 years.
yea ive only been at it since june 05
Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

another thumbsup for the xpand, amazing energy tonight, but since i started taking the 6-oxo i have been developing mild acne on my forehead and one cheek, and ive never had acne before, its not tooo bad tho so on with the cycle i go
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

tonight i did biceps and shoulders, the workout was kinda slow and light because i hardly got any sleep last night thanks to a certain someone, tomorrow is my bench, hopefully i'll see a gain from 220x5 to 220x6, then maybe 225x4, i will check in tomorrow

and tonight my heart was beating so hard i had such a huge pulse in my throat kinda weird must be the NO2(xpand)
Old 01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

i had to take yesterday off from all my supplements i was getting a really upset stomach not sure why, felling better today though

oh and on friday got 225x4, still seeing increases
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Suzuka Master

You might be experiencing some burning sensation from the supplements, taking them with a meal or something may help, but not sure if this fits the schedule. If that doesn't work, try some prilosec OTC for 14days.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

You might be experiencing some burning sensation from the supplements, taking them with a meal or something may help, but not sure if this fits the schedule. If that doesn't work, try some prilosec OTC for 14days.
its not really heart burn its more on the other end
Old 01-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

on friday, i finally got 225 for 5 on the bench, then 185 for 12 as a burnout set, more increases but the last few weeks my stomach has been iffy, somedays i dont want to at at all because my stomach is so upset, other days its not as bad, im almot done with the xpand, i think i may go pick some more up for my next cycle
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I used to find myself lifting with stomach problems, it seemed to calm things down a bit. If you're still drinking, you might want to cut that out for a while.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I used to find myself lifting with stomach problems, it seemed to calm things down a bit. If you're still drinking, you might want to cut that out for a while.
yea i really think it has to do with the animal pak, ive drank maybe twice or three times since i started this cycle
Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Suzuka Master

If there is a lot of vitamin B, which you'll find in redbull, you could be getting it from that. If there is a specific pill in the animal pak I'd cut it out, but it will reduce your energy levels.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

If there is a lot of vitamin B, which you'll find in redbull, you could be getting it from that. If there is a specific pill in the animal pak I'd cut it out, but it will reduce your energy levels.
vitamin b can cause upset stomachs?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Thought it might, but guess not, it actually helps, but if you're taking this stuff on an empty stomach it could be causing it. Even a light bit of food could help calm things down.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

wow, last friday i barely got 225 up for 5, today i got 225 up for 5 pretty easy, then got 230 for 4, and almost got the fifth, then got a 185 for 13 as a drop set, more increases im thinking this is probaly from the superdrol ive started taking last week, shit works
Old 01-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

3 week cycle and then 4 weeks PCT, right?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

3 week cycle and then 4 weeks PCT, right?
well imma do a 4 week cycle if i feel up to it after the 3rd week, and then 4 week pct, yup
Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Suzuka Master

well imma do a 4 week cycle if i feel up to it after the 3rd week, and then 4 week pct, yup
Maybe i'm blind, but i don't see anything on your list that would require PCT
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

I read about superdrol and on some sites it said to do a 4 week PCT.

Here is something that mentions PCT to keep the gains. http://www.1fast400.com/p2041_Superd...lic_Xteme.html

Quick Reply: Intense Winter Cycle