Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

bah

Old 04-16-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Angry bah

ok so when i last said i was gonna start i didnt.. argh.. anyways i finally have good motivation to get back into this and changing the way i am. ive come to realize its very dumb of me to bitch and whine about how fat i am and not do anything about it. ive also realized that if i had kept doing what i was doing i would be in much better shape than i am now (pretty much a 7month hiatus). plus itll likely help me out on being more confident around the opposite sex.

so yea im gonna go sign up for a gym today.
being how my fridge has been empty the past 2 months i can just stock it up with low cal foods and not have to worry about finishing off the bad stuff in there.

if i dont get back into this, someone please come over here and kick me in the nuts.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
I'd kick you in the nuts if you had any.....

If it makes you feel better, I went nuts on food today.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining a gym will make you feel better! I just joined one last week...gotta keep up with my yoga!

If your gym offers fitness classes, take a few of those...I know I find it easier to be motivated when I'm surrounded by other people. I'm not one of those people that will go to the gym and work out on my own free will.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Yes, he did that

Originally Posted by Mizouse
ok so when i last said i was gonna start i didnt.. argh.. anyways i finally have good motivation to get back into this and changing the way i am. ive come to realize its very dumb of me to bitch and whine about how fat i am and not do anything about it. ive also realized that if i had kept doing what i was doing i would be in much better shape than i am now (pretty much a 7month hiatus). plus itll likely help me out on being more confident around the opposite sex.

being how my fridge has been empty the past 2 months i can just stock it up with low cal foods and not have to worry about finishing off the bad stuff in there.

if i dont get back into this, someone please come over here and kick me in the nuts.
Excellent decision dute

Don't go nuts at the gym since you are just starting. Slowly ease into it with a light cardio and wieghts routine. Another suggestion, walk A LOT! Since you are still in school, you should be walking around campus a good amount. Instead of driving, try biking or walking.

It's going to be a long process, but if you cut your calories, work out about 3 times a week and walk a lot (8,000+ steps), then you are on your way.

Also, I agree with 98CLChick, going to the gym makes you feel great! Even if you don't see the results immediatly, you do feel it right away
Old 04-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

I know how you feel man. I lost about 25lbs before a wedding in December. I was getting so many compliments from relatives. It made me feel better about myself; however, I didn't stick with the diet.

I was only planning on losing about 25lbs more, but I gained 15lbs since December. I really don't want to be the weight that I was, so I am also going to start my diet and walking/jogging routine starting tomorrow. Good Luck man.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
That's Racist

@least you're motivated to start.

My roomate is fat and he refuses to do anything besides play WOW all day.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
@least you're motivated to start.

My roomate is fat and he refuses to do anything besides play WOW all day.
heh, i still play WoW but for the 1st month or 2 i was hooked like crack on it, now im just whatevers about it, ill play a little bit here and there.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
If you can afford it get a trainer. A good trainer can keep you motivated and you will never push yourself as hard as a trainer will.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 65 Fury Convert
If you can afford it get a trainer. A good trainer can keep you motivated and you will never push yourself as hard as a trainer will.
I disagree. Not about a good trainer pushing you hard - a good one will. But what happens when mizouse gets as lean as he wants and fires the trainer? He'll lose his main source of motivation.

Mizouse. Wash the sand out of your vagina and start busting your ass. If you have to find someone to teach you proper form on some exercises (the squat and deadlift are what i'm thinking of here), fine. Other than that you will be far, far, FAR better off in the long run if you learn to do everything for yourself.

Oh, and lay off the cake and booze, fatty.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Go Giants

Sandy vaginia
Old 04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ABreece

Old 04-17-2006, 09:00 PM

i dont eat cake, but no booze damn how am i gonna be able to score w/ the ladies..
damn conflicting interests
Old 04-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Go Giants

i dont eat cake, but no booze damn how am i gonna be able to score w/ the ladies..

Real men don't drink
Old 04-20-2006, 07:57 PM

ugh my abs are soooo sore, same goes with my legs and arms
Old 04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Go Giants

More cardio, less weights.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 PM

i am doing cardio, only other thing im doing is the ab machines..
Old 04-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Safety Car

Have you tried spinning? It's tough, but fun, and the classes are mostly women. Your butt and legs will be reaaaally sore the next day tho.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Good luck on your endeavor. It's not easy, especially in the beginning until you start making them into habits and then things come second nature. At least that's how I think it works since I just started yesterday (trying to gain weight). I hope you find a great motivator. There are things that we want to do for ourselves, but sometimes we need some kick to get things started. For me, it was the breakup between me and my girlfriend of 5 years.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by 98CLChick
Have you tried spinning? It's tough, but fun, and the classes are mostly women. Your butt and legs will be reaaaally sore the next day tho.
Going today.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM
ric
Safety Car

I disagree. Not about a good trainer pushing you hard - a good one will. But what happens when mizouse gets as lean as he wants and fires the trainer? He'll lose his main source of motivation.

Mizouse. Wash the sand out of your vagina and start busting your ass. If you have to find someone to teach you proper form on some exercises (the squat and deadlift are what i'm thinking of here), fine. Other than that you will be far, far, FAR better off in the long run if you learn to do everything for yourself.

A lot depends on the trainer; I don't use a trainer to abrogate my own role in my regimen. I view him as an expert in exercise and body techniques that I don't have the time to master, and I rely on him to continue to develop and refine and alter a workplan that responds to my body's changing needs as I both - get more fit and - get older.

You're self-motivated, and you have the time, energy and focus to acquire the knowledge so that you can become your own professional, constructing your own exercise workplan, and clearly it's a great solution for you, and it works. However, some folks don't have that capability or interest, but still have the desire to be fit. I fall in the latter category, and also have some issues that I don't want an "amateur" (me) messing around with, inclding factoring in my Type I diabetes, my ages, my body condition, etc. In addition, my trainer is creative about creating "on the road" exercise programs that I can do in hotel rooms; I travel a lot for work, and running as a baseline cardio workout (the most portable of exercise programs) doesn't work because of a crapped out set of knees.

For someone who has a marginal motivation, paying someone can be a real "spur" as you then listen to them because you don't want to waste the money. When she's fit, trim and has a 24 inch waist, it's time for her trainer to up the ante, work out new and even more creative workplans for her, and push her to her limits.......................
Old 04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ric
A lot depends on the trainer; I don't use a trainer to abrogate my own role in my regimen. I view him as an expert in exercise and body techniques that I don't have the time to master, and I rely on him to continue to develop and refine and alter a workplan that responds to my body's changing needs as I both - get more fit and - get older.

You're self-motivated, and you have the time, energy and focus to acquire the knowledge so that you can become your own professional, constructing your own exercise workplan, and clearly it's a great solution for you, and it works. However, some folks don't have that capability or interest, but still have the desire to be fit. I fall in the latter category, and also have some issues that I don't want an "amateur" (me) messing around with, inclding factoring in my Type I diabetes, my ages, my body condition, etc. In addition, my trainer is creative about creating "on the road" exercise programs that I can do in hotel rooms; I travel a lot for work, and running as a baseline cardio workout (the most portable of exercise programs) doesn't work because of a crapped out set of knees.

For someone who has a marginal motivation, paying someone can be a real "spur" as you then listen to them because you don't want to waste the money. When she's fit, trim and has a 24 inch waist, it's time for her trainer to up the ante, work out new and even more creative workplans for her, and push her to her limits.......................
I agree with your reasons for using a trainer, but i still think relying on one for motivation is a bad idea. It's not feasible for me to list all of the exceptions to the rule that you presented, my post was directed at Mizouse and those in a similar situation.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Have camera, will travel

If you think booze is what it takes to connect with women, then you're further gone than you think.

If you want to get into shape, you have to decide to do so. You can do it, but it takes hard work, clean eating and most of all PERSISTENCE. If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get right back on.

Focus hard on learning to do excercises the right way and then do them. Weight training is key as is a good cardio program. You must learn to train hard, but also when to back off and let your body recover.

Now it's time to get off the sofa and get to it.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:00 AM
USTHS76

I applaud you for taking the first step.