Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Update: Divorced, moved to better neighborhood. New g/f. She said Yes.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,921 Likes on 14,461 Posts
Doesn't the grindr app use proximity as a criteria? Hmmm...
Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 PM

Taco, I'm with you, man. We poked fun and threw some accusations around originally...I was genuinely curious about where your came from and where you were headed with that, that's all.

I feel you've described me at 25 years old...I didn't have a clear view on a lot of things. I used those years to really build hobbies and look for qualities in myself and others...self affirmations etc.
I also realized that happiness was a choice and a journey and not a blessing and a destination.

Ever since then, I just enjoy my own company and making myself laugh and that seems to be how most people see me as well. Crazy too...when you change your energy and views, it's intoxicating to people around you. Also makes you have to be leery and protect it as there are people out to suck you dry (not the good kind).

After the second long term relationship in my adult life ended under similar circumstances, I decided I should do some introspective on why I kept attracting a certain type of woman...in addition to examining my own behavior in those relationships. Fresh start, fresh perspective, fresh new girlfriend and a chance to reinvent the me I am going to be as a Father going forward (build upon, not start over obvi)...
That's what led me to some of those 3% man youtubers...I did hear perspectives I had never really considered. Namely that women do want a sensitive man, but they want you sensitive to their needs, not your own. I also learned that I don't need to indulge my every emotion with a conversation. Everything can't be addressed like it's a bullet point on a checklist. Saying less is more...still working on that. Don't lay it all out on the table, remain somewhat mysterious but always loyal and consistent in your actions.

Most that is stuff I already lived and believed, but it was cool to hear it reinforced. Probably my own mind needing to hear things in a structured way instead of just theoretically strewn about.

Anyway, I love this thread and all of our discussions and members for giving fresh perspective and even for keeping us humble.
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (06-03-2019)
Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,299 Likes on 954 Posts
"Lions don't compare themselves to humans"
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I met my chick on a dating site, but she literally lived 3 streets over, no joke Gotta love convenience
Same here. We were in complete disbelief that we were so close
97BlackAckCL (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Yep. I just google stalked it and found that backdrop; right where I thought. The one part of town that actually passes for "humid" in the summer.

So you're more in the neck of the woods I used to haunt. Here's some eats that you didn't ask for:

Check out Joe's Real BBQ in "downtown" and Joe's Farm Grill out in "the boonies". (which doesn't appear to be as out in the middle of nowhere any more).

Cantonese: Tao Garden
New Mexican: Si Senor
Sushi: Sakana
Dim Sum: China King Buffet (but you need to get the non-white people menu with more than 1 page)
Pho: Saigon Pho
Thai: Yupha's Thai Kitchen

Man. I miss Arizona. Except for those walls of sand. I haven't needed to dust but every couple years now. Not daily.
Yep, that view is bit close to home - literally

I've been trying out different places, so many to choose from but those are going on the list!
Old 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Oh, another place (I think, it may have burned down or flooded out or something, I can't remember if I read that) is Tortilla Flat out past Apache Junction. We used to moto out there for lunch, it's a pretty fun road just a few minutes away. Would be great in the LOLTORQ.

The little restaurant is about halfway to Roosevelt Lake. I never went the rest of the way on the bike because the roads washed out but made it fine in the truck. Probably doable in the S2k no prob.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Oh, another place (I think, it may have burned down or flooded out or something, I can't remember if I read that) is Tortilla Flat out past Apache Junction. We used to moto out there for lunch, it's a pretty fun road just a few minutes away. Would be great in the LOLTORQ.

The little restaurant is about halfway to Roosevelt Lake. I never went the rest of the way on the bike because the roads washed out but made it fine in the truck. Probably doable in the S2k no prob.
No no no no no no.... Pretty sure that road broke an axle in my TSX years ago... Roosevelt Lake to TF, in a massive storm, then had to turn around and go back up the road due to flooding... White knuckle. Definitely white knuckle.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Yeah, I can't remember if it was paved from Tortilla Flat to Roosevelt or not. But this was 10 years ago too. For sure, from PHX to Tortilla would be fine. In the dry.

Raining and flooded roads would be a bad day.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Ken, very happy to hear that you're happy my friend!
And as RS said, damn Gena!
Old 08-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Very cool. Stogie isn't toooo far and I'm still trying to convince PortlandRL to move down here. It would do him a lot of good to get away from Oregon.
and so he can be close to Jefford too..
I bet those new Hugo Boss pants Jefford bought will drive him nuts

Originally Posted by TacoBello
It gets a bad wrap, mostly from those who don't understand it. Some guys are Alpha by nature. Many guys need to work towards it. The majority of guys have gone through periods of being an Alpha in our lives, without necessarily even realizing it. The moment you're in control of your environment, don't give AF about stuff you can't control, women seem more attracted to you than normal... etc. There's reasoning for it happening. I can distinctly remember at least two periods in my life where I was in such a position- I knew it was happening, but didn't understand why or how to maintain it for as long as possible.

It has zero to do with being an a$$hole, $exist, treating women like garbage, being a PUA, etc. If that's what anyone pulls from it, they're not reading right.

I have completely revised how I look at the world today and how I treat those around me, including any SO going forward. This is a long topic and I get the feeling I won't even scratch the surface in here which leads to plenty of assumptions and misjudgements. Society raises us to believe certain things about ourselves and the opposite sex- what I've found is what society expects of us isn't exactly what is actually best for us. It is also key to never define your happiness through someone else. You need to be happy with yourself first- otherwise you use the SO as a crutch for happiness. Not good.

In my mind, one of the most important things I've taken from reading why Alphas succeed- is being able to completely let go of stuff you have no control over. It sounds way easier than it actually is. In reality, it took me much training to be able to let stuff go. And it's constant training and refocusing. It's easy to slip into past trends. Don't spend energy on stuff you can't control. Put all that energy to what you can control.

I've read some interesting books over the past year... I could ramble on forever. I don't buy into all of it- some books were way out there, but I still pulled some good lines out of them, here and there. I remember one book I was about 150 pages into it and I summarized the important parts down to just over two pages. The rest was BS All I know is I feel I have a better understanding of relationships, the world around me and myself. I also feel much happier because of it all. I no longer require someone else for me to be happy. My happiness comes from me and me alone- an SO is just the icing on the cake, especially if she matches me on many levels.

The key for me is to still be my genuine self. I don't put on a disguise, trying to be something that I'm not. I'm well aware of where my short comings lie these days, I know I make mistakes, I know I'm not perfect. It's much easier to be honest than trying to remember some BS lies and whatnot. Plus I believe in practicing what I preach... I want someone honest and sincere, I figure I need to be the same also to attract the same.

But I digress... this can go on forever
The majority of society are beta males. Not everyone can be an alpha. If that was the case, no one would be an alpha.

It's clear you don't know much about the topic as it has nothing to do with being an a$$hole. I'm not saying you're not an alpha. I'm saying you might even be, but not understand the underlying reasons for it.

But hey, if teaching others how to improve their lives is a bad thing...

I'll just wait for your belittling comment now
All I know is as tough as the past year was for me, I've been picked up by women twice, had a few other flings in between (legitimately interested in the gals, just things didn't pan out), and never once tried to deceive anyone under any circumstance. I'm in good standing with my ex, was able to score a new career, and seem to have my life on the right path overall these days. It helped me get a hold of my future as opposed to continue drifting along, and come up with a plan for my future, etc. It helped me get in shape. It helped me realize it's okay to be alone.

If this stuff is as unhealthy as some of you say, then I don't know what to tell you. My other option was feeling sorry for myself and considering which rafter to hang myself from, in the garage. What can I say- I based my happiness on someone else and that someone was now gone. I decided to grab life by the balls instead and do something about it. Truth be told, I didn't do it alone. I had a friend help me along the for the first 4 months or so, as he was in the same boat I was in about a year earlier. He paved a nice 8 lane highway for me to coast down, picking up from his mistakes and missteps.

FFS Taco, go write a book

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Taco, I'm with you, man. We poked fun and threw some accusations around originally...I was genuinely curious about where your came from and where you were headed with that, that's all.

I feel you've described me at 25 years old...I didn't have a clear view on a lot of things. I used those years to really build hobbies and look for qualities in myself and others...self affirmations etc.
I also realized that happiness was a choice and a journey and not a blessing and a destination.

Ever since then, I just enjoy my own company and making myself laugh and that seems to be how most people see me as well. Crazy too...when you change your energy and views, it's intoxicating to people around you. Also makes you have to be leery and protect it as there are people out to suck you dry (not the good kind).

After the second long term relationship in my adult life ended under similar circumstances, I decided I should do some introspective on why I kept attracting a certain type of woman...in addition to examining my own behavior in those relationships. Fresh start, fresh perspective, fresh new girlfriend and a chance to reinvent the me I am going to be as a Father going forward (build upon, not start over obvi)...
That's what led me to some of those 3% man youtubers...I did hear perspectives I had never really considered. Namely that women do want a sensitive man, but they want you sensitive to their needs, not your own. I also learned that I don't need to indulge my every emotion with a conversation. Everything can't be addressed like it's a bullet point on a checklist. Saying less is more...still working on that. Don't lay it all out on the table, remain somewhat mysterious but always loyal and consistent in your actions.

Most that is stuff I already lived and believed, but it was cool to hear it reinforced. Probably my own mind needing to hear things in a structured way instead of just theoretically strewn about.

Anyway, I love this thread and all of our discussions and members for giving fresh perspective and even for keeping us humble.
Co-write it with J
nist7 (08-31-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 06:20 PM

would you buy it?
Old 08-07-2018, 06:39 PM

would you buy it?
I didn't even buy Kurt and ladiboi's book on eating ass
and they're bonerfide experts
Old 08-07-2018, 06:47 PM

I mean, why would the master buy the student's work!?!?
For serious though...I try not to apply my logic to others. It's what works for me.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:10 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,833 Likes on 2,575 Posts

Wait...are you not with that hottie anymore???
Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM

I mean, why would the master buy the student's work!?!?
You finally understand
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Yes sir, we're still together...it was at the start of that that I realized that I had a fresh start with a fresh person and I should probably focus on some changes in my own behavior to keep history from repeating.
Same reason I gave up drinking...with a new girl and a daughter and the fresh circumstance of being divorced, I wanted to be aware of everything and stay sharp.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:56 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,833 Likes on 2,575 Posts
Yes sir, we're still together...it was at the start of that that I realized that I had a fresh start with a fresh person and I should probably focus on some changes in my own behavior to keep history from repeating.
Same reason I gave up drinking...with a new girl and a daughter and the fresh circumstance of being divorced, I wanted to be aware of everything and stay sharp.
Good I was going to slap you otherwise...
rockstar143 (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Stay sharp...

Be aware...

I can do this...

rockstar143 (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Team Owner

I'll bring you milk for the next BBQ
Old 08-08-2018, 07:16 AM

I know it...
we're far apart on certain things but we can work through it.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:27 AM

LOL...it's been over a year, Ed Money...I'm good with a sprite and a smile.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Thread title updated for clarity and current situation
Old 08-08-2018, 01:10 PM

and with high hopes to inspire?
97BlackAckCL (08-08-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 06:53 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,157 Likes on 682 Posts
Just browsing Car Talk and was shocked to see some Acura content from Ken only to come here and see the same spot; is this the only good neighborhood in AZ?

Yep. I just google stalked it and found that backdrop; right where I thought. The one part of town that actually passes for "humid" in the summer.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:55 AM

that's the only water in AZ so it's not hard to find. pretty sure that's lake powell
Old 08-17-2018, 08:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 811 Likes on 532 Posts
https://goo.gl/maps/aUc9kKVkctA2
Old 08-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
Just browsing Car Talk and was shocked to see some Acura content from Ken only to come here and see the same spot; is this the only good neighborhood in AZ?

It's easily a Class III neighborhood...
1StGenCL (08-18-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 09:43 AM

see...look at horseshoe bend right there!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Ken, sorry to hear about the divorce, but it seems like things are going well for you

If I was ever going to move, Arizona would be very high on the consideration list.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Scottman111
Ken, sorry to hear about the divorce, but it seems like things are going well for you

If I was ever going to move, Arizona would be very high on the consideration list.
Thanks! It's been a great move for me.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:27 PM

I'm moving in with Ken. I like his new neighborhood.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Update: We're going to Oahu this Sunday
stogie1020 (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
We, as in you and rockstar?
Ken1997TL (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

We, as in you and rockstar?
Old 10-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Someone is getting lei'd!
Old 10-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Woohoo getting my asshole bleached at lunch time!
We are gonna have so much fun!
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
Ken1997TL (10-03-2018), TacoBello (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

First trip with her?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Update: We're going to Oahu this Sunday
Have lots of sex
Ken1997TL (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Doom878
First trip with her?
Yep. Done a few overnight trips in Arizona. Thats it so far.

Mexico next month.

Chicago for New Years.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Doom878
First trip with her?
with rockstar.. keep up you ninny

Quick Reply: Update: Divorced, moved to better neighborhood. New g/f. She said Yes.