Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Swinging: Your thoughts?

Old 08-14-2011 | 09:13 AM
Race Director

Guys I'll reply better when I get to a computer again. MOPAR is here this weekend so at the track.

Gypsygirl: thanks for the super hot stories in that pm. ;P
Old 08-14-2011 | 09:17 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Of course sex and love are seperate! You're probably lying if you say that. They are seperate for all of us at times. Maybe you're just too young to have really thought about it.

I'm pretty sure that all of you have had sex with someone that you didn't love and enjoyed it immensly. Then you went your seperate ways. No? Yeah sure.... You're offering to do it with his wife, right? Common' now...

It takes a very close couple to want to share and watch the sexual experience of the other. Banging the guy down the street is cheating. Swinging is something that a couple shares together. Not even close to the same thing. I'm sure that the OP would be very upset to find his wife emotionally entwined with another man.

Maybe SHE wants to do this. Most of the couples that I have known have been brought into that lifestyle because the wife wants another woman.

Please folks, just because you may not have thought this out, doesn't mean it's wrong for everybody. Actually, I'd be willing to bet that if your wife or girl started to whisper in your ear about you touching her while she's touching another woman, you'd be right into it.

I'm not saying that this worked out for me or didn't. I'm just saying that under the right circumstances, adult playtime may have it's place. It may not be an unhealthy place for everybody either.
Old 08-14-2011 | 01:23 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Just put your dick in another chick bro, let your wife get hers filled with other dicks. Bang boom, shit be popping.
Old 08-14-2011 | 02:18 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

I am curious what the OP and his wife will move on to once swinging no longer has the same thrill to it...
Old 08-14-2011 | 02:32 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Maybe they'll simply grow out of it. Not everything has to get larger and larger. There are lots and lots of things that we just don't do anymore as we get older. It doesn't mean everything has to be replaced.

Boy do we love to stand Holy and judge in this place sometimes. I'm pretty sure that's not what tolerance is all about. If they live their lives from a place of love, not harm, and they remain in that love, then what does it matter?

Sounds to me like they are very confident in their sexuality and their relationship.
Old 08-14-2011 | 02:33 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

or they could do drugs like one of our gang suggested........ wow.
Old 08-14-2011 | 02:40 PM
Race Director

Lol. Who doesn't enjoy a J at the day of the day?
Old 08-14-2011 | 03:59 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

All I am saying is that they indicated they are looking for excitement, and often people looking for that find it, but then the thrill wears off and they have to go looking again.
Old 08-14-2011 | 04:16 PM
Safety Car

Whatever floats yer boat. However, people being judgemental will come with activities that are considered on the fringe of normal activity (for our society). Its just human nature.

But if you and your wife are down, I'm more wondering why you don't just commit to the activity already....you sounded more on the fence before. Just go for it, who cares what people think.
Old 08-14-2011 | 04:21 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Should have known.

trmRq.jpg
Old 08-14-2011 | 04:55 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Haven't seen John Smith in a while.
Old 08-14-2011 | 05:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Marriage is sacred to us too.
Need to get out the bio hazzard suit......that right there is some straight up BULLCRAP on your part. If your marraige was so sacred to you, one would not be etertaining the thought of letting multiple dudes bang your wife while you are doing multiple chicks....

like one of the previous posters mentioned I hope you like the taste of dick......
Old 08-14-2011 | 06:18 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Maybe they'll simply grow out of it. Not everything has to get larger and larger. There are lots and lots of things that we just don't do anymore as we get older. It doesn't mean everything has to be replaced.

Boy do we love to stand Holy and judge in this place sometimes. I'm pretty sure that's not what tolerance is all about. If they live their lives from a place of love, not harm, and they remain in that love, then what does it matter?

Sounds to me like they are very confident in their sexuality and their relationship.
Just because it's not everyone cup of tea doesn't make those individuals narrow minded.. As stated before by others, to some this is a fantasy for most guys, but when push come to shove it's not just shoving your penis into a strangers vagina and then afterwards saying "Ok, it's over now everything is back to normal". Like I said, It's not for everyone, more power to those that enjoy this lifestyle, not for me though and that's perfectly fine. Just is what it is. Best of luck brotha.
Old 08-14-2011 | 07:43 PM
Pro

You need god on your relationship and in your life. Sad you have everything good life and good gf/wife I didn't read all your post. y'all should have more respect for each other too.
Old 08-14-2011 | 08:07 PM
In need of an AV.........

Originally Posted by tsxronald
You need god on your relationship and in your life. Sad you have everything good life and good gf/wife I didn't read all your post. y'all should have more respect for each other too.

No offense, but this post is simply not helpful. It is material like this, that makes is hard for Christians to spread the word of God. I would suggest, if you want to recommend they look to the Lord, you elaborate on why they should look, what the Bible says and the path to salvation. All the above accomplishes is the perpetuation that Christian's judge people, drop God on people and look down. (not to mention the horrible grammar - which some of your comments do not make sense)

Ghandi - "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

OP - I have read the entire thread. My opinion is that I would never engage in this kind of activity. I could not imagine the thought of my wife or myself with another person. I believe that marriage is a bond between two people and they become one flesh. I also made a commitment to my wife that she was my focus, forever. I try to not let things distract that focus, although I am human and do lose focus at time. (No, I do not cheat - just am selfish at times - golf, fishing, etc.)

I do feel there is strong advice in this thread about the pitfalls, warning signs and etc. It sounds like Gypsy has some experience, so one could argue her advice is very strong. I also agree with the advice on talking to a counselor first. What harm could it cause? Be open with the counselor and tell them why you are there. They could help validate your relationship is ready to stand the inherent challenges and/or expose something you all need to work on.
The following users liked this post:
HondaCrazy (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011 | 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JWhite1301
No offense, but this post is simply not helpful. It is material like this, that makes is hard for Christians to spread the word of God. I would suggest, if you want to recommend they look to the Lord, you elaborate on why they should look, what the Bible says and the path to salvation. All the above accomplishes is the perpetuation that Christian's judge people, drop God on people and look down. (not to mention the horrible grammar - which some of your comments do not make sense)

Ghandi - "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

OP - I have read the entire thread. My opinion is that I would never engage in this kind of activity. I could not imagine the thought of my wife or myself with another person. I believe that marriage is a bond between two people and they become one flesh. I also made a commitment to my wife that she was my focus, forever. I try to not let things distract that focus, although I am human and do lose focus at time. (No, I do not cheat - just am selfish at times - golf, fishing, etc.)

I do feel there is strong advice in this thread about the pitfalls, warning signs and etc. It sounds like Gypsy has some experience, so one could argue her advice is very strong. I also agree with the advice on talking to a counselor first. What harm could it cause? Be open with the counselor and tell them why you are there. They could help validate your relationship is ready to stand the inherent challenges and/or expose something you all need to work on.
Wait what? that poster is ABSOLUTELY correct.......the OP does need God in his life and he should have more respect for his wife (and himself for that matter). Do you think for one moment that you are honoring God when you think about having a swinging marriage? To be Christian means to repent of your sins and accept Christ as your savior and live your life accordingly. Keep that in mind when you start to chastise others who are pretty much telling the guy up front what he should be doing instead of swinging....without being rude about it. Do you think for one moment that if you went up to Jesus and asked Him if it was ok to be swinging He would be saying "aww that's OK" or do you think He would say that you need to get your act together?
Old 08-15-2011 | 08:18 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Just put your dick in another chick bro, let your wife get hers filled with other dicks. Bang boom, shit be popping.
Lol

Originally Posted by stogie1020
I am curious what the OP and his wife will move on to once swinging no longer has the same thrill to it...
Who knows? Is it not normal to become dull to things after a while? Although I will say this, I can name off 100s of scenarios within it that can be tweaked, performed, role played, amplified, exaggerated, exploited. Some of which would blow all your minds. So, it's very likely but not for a while.

On the other hand. We could share ONE experience. And let that ride for YEARS. I know many couples that only do it like once a year or years, and let the memories carry them for a while.

Originally Posted by stogie1020
All I am saying is that they indicated they are looking for excitement, and often people looking for that find it, but then the thrill wears off and they have to go looking again.
Refer to above.

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Whatever floats yer boat. However, people being judgemental will come with activities that are considered on the fringe of normal activity (for our society). Its just human nature.

But if you and your wife are down, I'm more wondering why you don't just commit to the activity already....you sounded more on the fence before. Just go for it, who cares what people think.
Well it is a big step you know. I wasn't ever on the fence before. I came here to get some random 'normal' opinions. The reasons we haven't yet is we wanted to be completely certain this is for us. Plus, we aren't jump right in type people anyways. Especially with something of this magnitude.

Originally Posted by Majofo
Should have known.

Again, legendary.

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
Need to get out the bio hazzard suit......that right there is some straight up BULLCRAP on your part. If your marraige was so sacred to you, one would not be etertaining the thought of letting multiple dudes bang your wife while you are doing multiple chicks....

like one of the previous posters mentioned I hope you like the taste of dick......
Really? You're telling me I don't love my wife? Or that our marriage isn't sacred? Get your head out of your socially molded ass, go see the world a bit, and you'd realize that is a very narrow minded statement.

And again, not sure why some of you think any of this is anywhere near a homosexual act.

Lol. Who said we don't have God in our lives? You know, you would be completely shocked, and apparently appalled, if you knew how many swingers are die hard Christians. Lol

Thanks. Yes, that is the mentality that gives Christianity a bad rap. Christians more so then others feel like theirs is the only truth, if you aren't in that truth then you're wrong, and I'm going to try and force that truth down your throat until 'I' know you're saved.

Let's say we are one flesh. And this one flesh will be playing together, as one. Grasp that for a while! Lol

And there is no need for a counselor. My wife and I are fantastic. You know, I could see some of you saying no, I couldn't share, the thought of sharing makes me sick. I could see some of you playing the religious card and saying it's ethically and morally wrong. But I have no idea why some of you question our relationship.

Wait what? that poster is ABSOLUTELY correct.......the OP does need God in his life and he should have more respect for his wife (and himself for that matter). Do you think for one moment that you are honoring God when you think about having a swinging marriage? To be Christian means to repent of your sins and accept Christ as your savior and live your life accordingly. Keep that in mind when you start to chastise others who are pretty much telling the guy up front what he should be doing instead of swinging....without being rude about it. Do you think for one moment that if you went up to Jesus and asked Him if it was ok to be swinging He would be saying "aww that's OK" or do you think He would say that you need to get your act together?
Again, who says we don't have God in our lives/relationship? You know, and forgive the conceitedness, I could probably teach most of you a thing or two about Christianity. I'd put $100 down that I have read the bible more times, been to church more, been out of the country on missions more, or raised more funds for my church then 99% of you.

But for the sake of staying on topic, let's skip the religious talk.

Last edited by maharajamd; 08-15-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:04 AM

Please read my post prior to quoting it and then commenting off base. NO WHERE in my post does it say the OP does not need God. It simply says the post I referred too inadequately laid out the rationalization for why he should turn to the Lord. To drop a few incomplete sentences and move on is, in my opinion, not what we are commanded to do in the scripture.

I chastised no one and would appreciate you realizing that when you read my comments. I simply stated the post was not helpful and he should elaborate on why the OP needs the Lord.
The following 2 users liked this post by JWhite1301:
EL19 (08-15-2011), HondaCrazy (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:12 AM

Lol

And there is no need for a counselor. My wife and I are fantastic. You know, I could see some of you saying no, I couldn't share, the thought of sharing makes me sick. I could see some of you playing the religious card and saying it's ethically and morally wrong. But I have no idea why some of you question our relationship.

But for the sake of staying on topic, let's skip the religious talk.

I am not questioning your relationship at all, that is not what you asked us to do. I was simply stating that vetting the idea with a relationship professional could NOT hurt anything. That is an opinion of several people on the forum that I happen to agree with. For what it is worth, this type of reply is what makes people comment that you are defensive about the idea.

I do have a question though - did you come to get true opinions or did you just want to inform everyone that you and your spouse would be engaging in this? The reason I ask is that your mind seems made up to me. Ken commented the same earlier that you seem set on doing it, might as well take the plunge. There have been multiple concerns raised and instead of asking for any clarification or acknowledging they may be correct, you have a thought out response on why that point is not valid.

I disagree that bringing the religious focus into the conversation is diverting from the topic at hand. You asked for opinions on the matter. A person who is a Christian will have to bring the religious direction into the conversation. It is that direction that guides the decisions and actions of Christians. My .

The Bible is very clear on this topic. The reading is in Genesis, Leviticus, etc.
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:17 AM
GEEZER

Please read my post prior to quoting it and then commenting off base. NO WHERE in my post does it say the OP does not need God. It simply says the post I referred too inadequately laid out the rationalization for why he should turn to the Lord. To drop a few incomplete sentences and move on is, in my opinion, not what we are commanded to do in the scripture.

I chastised no one and would appreciate you realizing that when you read my comments. I simply stated the post was not helpful and he should elaborate on why the OP needs the Lord.
Please for the love of everything sane in society STFU with the religious bullshit.
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Please for the love of everything sane in society STFU with the religious bullshit.
Good to see some things never change.
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:30 AM
Race Director

I'm just playing devils advocate with my responses. My responses may not necessarily reflect our actual stance on the topic at hand. I just thought it would be beneficial for the discussion to make some counterpoints to some of the replies.

And play nice kids. He is right. Religion plays more of a part in peoples responses then anything else. I guess I just don't like hearing it. I guess I wanted to hear more of people opinions on the social ramifications, etc. Funny how no one has said "what if they find out at work" or "what if your parents find out?".

BTW, if we were to do this, it wouldn't be a lifestyle. A previous poster is wrong. You don't have to do it often, or even make a habit of it. You don't even h ave to do it more then once...
JWhite1301 (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011 | 09:49 AM
Safety Car

BTW, if we were to do this, it wouldn't be a lifestyle. A previous poster is wrong. You don't have to do it often, or even make a habit of it. You don't even h ave to do it more then once...
Find yourself here, then.

Old 08-15-2011 | 09:52 AM
Race Director

I honestly can't find a spot for us anywhere in there... Lol

Edit: Although a key party would be a thrill and a half...
Old 08-15-2011 | 10:09 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

I'm getting to an age where I don't even think about s*x all the time anymore and it's freaking me out a little!

In theory, the idea of others etc seems fun. But I couldn't swing it...especially with the girl I love and I'd like to think I'm pretty open minded. Shoot, at one point when I was much younger, there was this girl we were friends with...everyone was doing pills or something at the time and they'd invite me to cum along and join a "party" with her and her friends (let's say she is Vida Guerra hot...no exaggeration). I turned it down because I've never been into that sort of thing.

I hope it works out for you, have a few friends that have dissolved their relationship because of swinging...my finance's old boss though has been swinging for years now. We have a couple of couple friends that I sometimes get the impression are hinting at getting into something like this...but both of us always feel like it would be a bad idea.

I'd love for you to keep this thread updated and honest with what ends up happening, either way. Always interested in hearing other people's perspectives and stories.
Old 08-15-2011 | 10:19 AM
Race Director

^Will do man. I'll have it retitled "Maharajamd's Progession Thread". LOL!
Old 08-15-2011 | 10:25 AM
Race Director

I just found this in the link I posted at the start and thought it would be good to post.

Some facts about swingers from the 2000 study done by Bellarmine University compared to the General Social Survey (GSS):

Stereotype: Swingers must not be happy in their marriage.
Truth: Swingers on the average are happier than those in the GSS. 79% of swingers described their relationship with their spouse as "very happy" compared to 64% of respondents in the general population.

Stereotype: Swingers must be bored with their life.
Truth: Swingers are significantly happier than the general population. 59% of swingers rated their life as "very happy" compared to 32% of the general population. 76% of swingers rate their life as "exciting" as compared to 46% of the general population (which 54% of listed their life as "dull").

Stereotype: Swingers don't put much importance in marriage.
Truth: 57% of swingers say that being married is "most" or "very" important in relationship to all other things in their life compared to 51% of the general population. Also, 78% of swingers said they get "very great" or a "great" deal of satisfaction from their family compared to 75% of the general population.

Stereotype: Swingers are amoral people.
Truth: Swingers are more likely to be a member of a church, synagogue, or mosque with 72% saying they are compared to 61% of the general population.

As a final note, while sexual variety was "Very Important" to approximately one-half of the respondents in the survey, over one-third said making friends was "Very Important." For many swingers swinging is more than just anonymous sex with strangers and that mixing socially with like-minded people constitutes an important part of their social and emotional lives.
Old 08-15-2011 | 10:35 AM

That'll work...have one for your car, and one for your marriage!

PS...will also mention that although you put this out there and were pretty prepared for the expected reaction, you've been a champ at taking the criticism and sometimes extremely raunchy and nasty things people are saying to get a rise out of you. Well done...maybe your skin is thick enough to pull this off after all.
The following 3 users liked this post by rockstar143:
JWhite1301 (08-15-2011), maharajamd (08-15-2011), Mr. Maker (08-16-2011)
Old 08-15-2011 | 03:26 PM
Senior Moderator

If that really is your wife in those pics, & you 2 are each others 1sts....Your not going to be keeping her if you do this. Both of you have no idea how different lovers really can make you feel physically & emotionally. You been together a long time. I hate to say it but it's not going to work. Try it by all means, don't be surprised when it fails & ruin's your marriage.

And keep in mind condoms are not 100%. What happens in that off chance she gets knocked up? It happens.
sixsixfour (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011 | 03:45 PM
Safety Car

Well it is a big step you know. I wasn't ever on the fence before. I came here to get some random 'normal' opinions. The reasons we haven't yet is we wanted to be completely certain this is for us. Plus, we aren't jump right in type people anyways. Especially with something of this magnitude.
Sorry Maharajamd, didn't mean to trivialize it. It seems to be akin to losing your virginity, but as a couple. I guess in some weird way, that's one way for your relationship with your wife to evolve.

Like I said, go for it man, but be smart. I have to state that I would personally have a problem with it happening in my own life, but that shouldn't (or won't) stop you. Best of luck to you.
maharajamd (08-15-2011)
Old 08-16-2011 | 12:51 AM
Pro

Let me know how it goes, maybe she will find a better dick than yours and she leaves you for that one. Good luck buddy
Old 08-16-2011 | 07:00 AM

confidence is the biggest d*ck in existence.
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
gypsygirl (08-25-2011), maharajamd (08-16-2011)
Old 08-16-2011 | 07:25 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rockstar143
PS...will also mention that although you put this out there and were pretty prepared for the expected reaction, you've been a champ at taking the criticism and sometimes extremely raunchy and nasty things people are saying to get a rise out of you. Well done...maybe your skin is thick enough to pull this off after all.
Well said RS.

I have enjoyed reading your thread and your knowledgeable level headed approach. Before my wife and I married we were pretty wild. On a few occasions we had some fun with a good friend of mine and his girl. It was set in stone that he wouldn't touch my girl and I wouldn't touch his, but the two girls did enjoy pleasuring each other. It was very exciting having sex with my girl and also watching my friend and his girl. While we would not do this again, I really feel it was a great learning and growing experience. No one really knows if this will work for you. You and your wife are the only ones that know for sure. Good luck.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr. Maker:
gypsygirl (08-25-2011), maharajamd (08-16-2011), rockstar143 (08-16-2011)
Old 08-16-2011 | 08:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
If that really is your wife in those pics, & you 2 are each others 1sts....Your not going to be keeping her if you do this. Both of you have no idea how different lovers really can make you feel physically & emotionally. You been together a long time. I hate to say it but it's not going to work. Try it by all means, don't be surprised when it fails & ruin's your marriage.

And keep in mind condoms are not 100%. What happens in that off chance she gets knocked up? It happens.
Agreed. Condoms do not prevent herpes and/or HPV(genital warts) either. Just be smart and safe. Get lots of testing done. I hope it all works out and you two enjoy yourselves.
Old 08-16-2011 | 08:49 AM
Suzuka Master

I think its a close tie with money
Old 08-16-2011 | 09:23 AM

money gives confidence but not vice versa!
it still wins!
Old 08-16-2011 | 09:50 AM
Safety Car

Let me know how it goes, maybe she will find a better dick than yours and she leaves you for that one. Good luck buddy
I feel bad for you if you think that's the only thing a man brings to a relationship.
The following 3 users liked this post by Anachostic:
gypsygirl (08-25-2011), justnspace (08-16-2011), maharajamd (08-16-2011)
Old 08-16-2011 | 10:34 AM
Advanced

Lol. I'll go out on a limb and start this thread knowing full well how most of you will respond. And being that I don't really care what you think nor will I ever really meet any of you I think it's ok.

My wife and I have been together very happily for 8+ years now. We got engaged in Fall 2009 and got married December 2010. I am 27 she is 26.

We have been completely faithful to each other. Actually I should mention that neither of us have had other sexual partners. I popped hers and she popped mine way back when. We are brutally honest with each other. There isn't a coin unturned between us. Sure we fight, like everyone does, but we always listen to each other with respect and rationally work out the issue. We have complete faith and trust in each other. 100%. There has never been a reason for either of us to doubt each other.

However, it came to our attention one day that we felt like we skipped the "crazy college days". We will go out with our friends and they all share stories and memories of the fun and crazy times they had. We met when she was a senior in HS and then went to college together and lived together.

We played the 'game' correctly. Work hard, school hard, honors students, etc. We would go out but never anything crazy. Not that we are fuddy-duddies by any means. We were what I would call "overly responsible". And that is completely OK. But like I said, we felt like we wanted to experience some of the fun we missed out on.

So after some talking we came to the conclusion that swinging would be a fun yet safe way of enjoying some of those crazy experiences. Especially now that we can experience them together, within the comforts and safety of our solid relationship.

So we looked into it, read some books, joined a couple forums, and eventually made it to a local club. The atmosphere was fantastic. The people were fantastic. There were some hotties, there were fuglies, there were some younguns and there were some oldies. What I noticed most of all was that it was a no pressure atmosphere. No means no, no questions. No one is judgmental of anything. If you aren't a chubby chaser, don't chase a chubby. That mentality is carried over for everything.

We didn't make any moves because we wanted to take some steps and evaluate ourselves as we take them. But now we are on the verge. We have several couples that we have befriended (all young and very attractive) that text us almost every weekend to meet up or go out. And I think we are about ready to pull the trigger.

Now I know what most of you will say but we don't really view sex like that. We aren't jealous or selfish people. And we have complete faith in each other, even in this. Granted we have some rules that will have to be followed. Obviously to us physical involvements is one thing and emotional involvement is another. Most of the rules are set up to prohibit the latter.

ANYWAYS! What are your thoughts? Please keep it civil. I see what some of you do on the other threads. And given this topic it could really get out of hand. So please be keep it on topic and constructive.

You're a big boy now so you can take this:

1. Man Up! Stick to your commitment and stop looking for cowardly ways to cheat your vows you made before you wife, God an family. Dude, listen to different folks if you want call it "swinging" "consensual swapping" "open marriage" yadda yadda yadda, all just different names for cheating and adultery. Don't let folks try to wrap up trash in a pretty box and make it seem like it's treasure. Be realistic and view things for what they REALLY are.

2. I bet you in 99 percent of the cases, the male is the one who introduces or brings this up FIRST to his wife. Sad but makes sense, as he is more prone to be driven and influenced by his sexual desires and women are more emotional.Rarely does a wife approach a husband coming home from work and say "hey honey, i was thinking about swinging with another couple so that you could enjoy another woman and me another man." If you did introduce this to your wife and somehow convinced her that this will strengthen your marriage and she gives in because of emotions and wanting to keep you happy, you are a sad excuse of a man and family head. You are no different from a man who leads his family into pain,turmoil and financial debt because of HIS bad decisions. Man Up! Be the man that your wife can respect and look up to for support, guidance and comfort. Not a man that she will lose respect for because he wants to sacrifice years of a perfect marriage for an orgasm?

And if your wife was the one that happened to introduce this first, communicate with her and listen to her feelings of why she feels the need to introduce someone else into your marriage. Something is lacking. It's your job to discern what it is. Be a man and build her up and find other ways to enjoy each other, add enrichment to each others lives. Traveling, volunteer work, helping less fortunate kids, some activities that involve giving time and energy to make others happy and will bring you guys closer together as well.

3. Man Up! Stop trying to rationalize something wrong into something right. Listening to your mind and following your heart is not always going to lead you on the right path. "Millions of people are swingers"? Okay, millions of people are drug addicts and criminals. Wise lifestyle to follow?
Age has nothing to do with it. There are people who are 50 and 60 years old who will give you bad advice and make terrible mistakes and there are folks in their 20's and 30's who make sensible grounded decisions.
"There are alot of swingers statistically who have happier marriages" just like the more money you have, the happier you'll be, everyone in Hollywood who is a celebrity lives the lavish life and smiles on camera so they must be genuinely happy behind the scenes and don't resort to drugs or suicide.
Stop listening to reports. The worlds propaganda will lead you to unhappiness.
"Buy a home, live the American Dream!"=Watch the housing market crumble and owe more on your house than what it's really worth.

4. Man Up! You got something good, keep it. Don't trade in your diamond for a rock. Don't cheapen your marriage, add value to it. Marriage is more than just sex.

By the way, i'm only 26, and have only been married for 3 years.
Old 08-16-2011 | 10:43 AM
Race Director

Thanks for the kind words. I knew what I was getting into when I posted this thread. Quite honestly it's been more tame then I would have expected. I knew made it into Rambling until last week and I've been here a while now. I was shocked at some responses. Especially in the dating forum.

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS

That is my wife. Behind her is Rodney Bay, St Lucia. Sandals Grande. And being able to experience different lovers is one of the goals here.

As for pregnancy. Hmmm. Condoms plus her BC should be fairly adequate. If it were to happen, well we would either raise the child or abort it. Not like it wouldn't be loved if we kept it...

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Sorry Maharajamd, didn't mean to trivialize it. It seems to be akin to losing your virginity, but as a couple. I guess in some weird way, that's one way for your relationship with your wife to evolve.

Like I said, go for it man, but be smart. I have to state that I would personally have a problem with it happening in my own life, but that shouldn't (or won't) stop you. Best of luck to you.
Thanks. Yea in a, weird to most, way it would be evolving and growing together. I know it's hard for some to visualize that but that's honestly the truth.

I'll probably get flamed for this but...... I hope she does? Not leave me of course but why wouldn't I want the best for my wife? Lol. I know sounds crazy, but the way I see it is I want her to have the best. If she is going to leave me because of a good lay then she doesn't deserve me anyways.

Originally Posted by Mr. Maker
Well said RS.

I have enjoyed reading your thread and your knowledgeable level headed approach. Before my wife and I married we were pretty wild. On a few occasions we had some fun with a good friend of mine and his girl. It was set in stone that he wouldn't touch my girl and I wouldn't touch his, but the two girls did enjoy pleasuring each other. It was very exciting having sex with my girl and also watching my friend and his girl. While we would not do this again, I really feel it was a great learning and growing experience. No one really knows if this will work for you. You and your wife are the only ones that know for sure. Good luck.
Thanks for the short and thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by L's TL
Agreed. Condoms do not prevent herpes and/or HPV(genital warts) either. Just be smart and safe. Get lots of testing done. I hope it all works out and you two enjoy yourselves.
Honestly STDs are one of the biggest concerns. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Anachostic
I feel bad for you if you think that's the only thing a man brings to a relationship.
Amen.
Old 08-16-2011 | 11:01 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by milellie111
You're a big boy now so you can take this:

1. Man Up! Stick to your commitment and stop looking for cowardly ways to cheat your vows you made before you wife, God an family. Dude, listen to different folks if you want call it "swinging" "consensual swapping" "open marriage" yadda yadda yadda, all just different names for cheating and adultery. Don't let folks try to wrap up trash in a pretty box and make it seem like it's treasure. Be realistic and view things for what they REALLY are.

I don't know how to explain this in detail nor do I have time. But you really need to look at the foundation of things and wonder why you call this particular thing cheating or adultery. How can you have infidelity if there is no expectation of exclusivity? To us cheating can only happen if deception comes along with it. There is no deception here.

And we learn ourselves, take small steps ourselves. I've said that many time already. We don't let anyone sugarcoat anything.

2. I bet you in 99 percent of the cases, the male is the one who introduces or brings this up FIRST to his wife. Sad but makes sense, as he is more prone to be driven and influenced by his sexual desires and women are more emotional .Rarely does a wife approach a husband coming home from work and say "hey honey, i was thinking about swinging with another couple so that you could enjoy another woman and me another man." If you did introduce this to your wife and somehow convinced her that this will strengthen your marriage and she gives in because of emotions and wanting to keep you happy, you are a sad excuse of a man and family head. You are no different from a man who leads his family into pain,turmoil and financial debt because of HIS bad decisions. Man Up! Be the man that your wife can respect and look up to for support, guidance and comfort. Not a man that she will lose respect for because he wants to sacrifice years of a perfect marriage for an orgasm?

99% eh? What are you basing that off of? And women more so then men, especially at a certain age, have more desire to look outside their relationship then men. However, like you said, emotion stops them more then a mans head stops him. Funny but it all comes down to biology at the deepest level.

My wife does respect me, and I her. No one is convincing the other to do anything. I made it very clear we have come to this idea mutually. And we will take every step mutually, with complete respect for each other.

And if your wife was the one that happened to introduce this first, communicate with her and listen to her feelings of why she feels the need to introduce someone else into your marriage. Something is lacking. It's your job to discern what it is. Be a man and build her up and find other ways to enjoy each other, add enrichment to each others lives. Traveling, volunteer work, helping less fortunate kids, some activities that involve giving time and energy to make others happy and will bring you guys closer together as well.

My wife is my queen. I build her up every day. And like I said before, we do a lot of those things. It's not like we a shut ins that just want to get out. We are busy, active, giving people.

3. Man Up! Stop trying to rationalize something wrong into something right. Listening to your mind and following your heart is not always going to lead you on the right path. "Millions of people are swingers"? Okay, millions of people are drug addicts and criminals. Wise lifestyle to follow?
Age has nothing to do with it. There are people who are 50 and 60 years old who will give you bad advice and make terrible mistakes and there are folks in their 20's and 30's who make sensible grounded decisions.
"There are alot of swingers statistically who have happier marriages" just like the more money you have, the happier you'll be, everyone in Hollywood who is a celebrity lives the lavish life and smiles on camera so they must be genuinely happy behind the scenes and don't resort to drugs or suicide.
Stop listening to reports. The worlds propaganda will lead you to unhappiness.
"Buy a home, live the American Dream!"=Watch the housing market crumble and owe more on your house than what it's really worth.

You're really stretching yourself thin here. From my 3 years of being somewhat involved in this lifestyle I see three things and only three things. Either the couple loves this, everything is grand, it only strengthens their ties. Or, it exploits weak areas that may possibly lead to separation. Or, it brings those weak areas to light and they are better off.

4. Man Up! You got something good, keep it. Don't trade in your diamond for a rock. Don't cheapen your marriage, add value to it. Marriage is more than just sex.

Again stretching yourself thin on your bias opinion. Which is fine. Obviously this is not for you.

Thanks for the great reply though. And again I hope I don't come off as defensive. I'm just rebutting responses to drive the convo.

Quick Reply: Swinging: Your thoughts?