Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Shy guys get no play!

Old 02-05-2004 | 10:21 PM
werd

Originally posted by Batin Dean
Actually, Pete, I'm typing.
LOL
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by mesmerize
usually i just meet guys through other friends, at school, normal stuff like that. honestly, the stuff you're saying about feelin dumb going up to talk to a girl... that's what's wrong with nice guys today!! :P a girl (a non-skanky normal one, at least) isn't gonna think you're a douchebag unless you ACT like a one. if a guy came up to me in public & seemed genuinely nice, and had something intelligent to say... even if it was a lil awkward, i'd think that was really cool. (actually i met a guy that way at Best Buy once ) even if i wasn't really interested, it would still be flattering & i definitely wouldn't think "wow what a douchebag..."

at the same time, all girls are different & that might not always work. u gotta take chances like that though!!

and yea nice girls should be takin the initiative too... i'm workin on that
Well, at school, or private get togethers, I don't have much trouble...I've tried to get together with some girls in groups of friends, (I am not looking for cheap sex...I want more, BTW) anyway...that has not usually worked for me, the best I have ever done, is when a woman showed interest in me,, and of those at least 3 of 4 for some resaon, shy away once I recipriocate interest.

I don't get to enough parties anymore, and my group of friends, now, at 22 seems pretty set...so, I'm screwed (or not more likely), unless I start doing things, outside of my normal routine, maybe its even what I need, who knows.

And talk to guys, take the initiative, not all of it, but if a girl like you shows interest in me for example, just a little bit to let me know "hey "I like you" Then I can take it from there...now...tell your friends too.
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:58 AM
sup

dont your friends' gfs have friends?
Old 02-06-2004 | 01:12 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Scooter
WRONG!!!!

TIMING is the key, period
It's not timing man. You need to change your game.
Old 02-06-2004 | 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by mantis23
too late...
NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Old 02-06-2004 | 02:41 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by eclipse23
It's not timing man. You need to change your game.
yer so worng, Ernie

besides, how many years have you been goin out with Len anyway??? you've been away from the game so long, you wouldn't know, you just think you know

last week is proof positive timing is everything...if i didn't help my roomie time it right, he would NEVER have talked to the blonde hottie b/c guys and girls were around her all night

and for fuk's sake, stop with the game changing shit...it's getting old and annoying
Old 02-06-2004 | 06:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by ViperrepiV
dont your friends' gfs have friends?
One guy could never have a girlfriend, I can tell by the way he treats his mother...not like he should be a momma's boy, but yelling at her, and talking to her in a condescending manner (at least every time I have heard them talk) cannot be too attractive to a woman, should he ever get close enough to one for her to see tha about him.

Other guy had a girlfriend, but she had no female friends, I'm sure you know why...

Another friend keeps getting women that want him but hes so damn hung up on this one that he never does anything.

Another has women that want him but he always gets cold feet, saying he doesn't want his life to change he's just afraid..

That is pretty much the rundown of my close group of friends, I date the most out of all of them....they all NEVER talk to women, unless she initiates first, and a few of them even ask me what the hell I'm doing when I am friendly with a waitress at a restaurant or something...they just don't get it.

Maybe I need to make new close friends
Old 02-06-2004 | 08:26 PM
werd

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
I've considered doing the same.
Old 02-06-2004 | 08:40 PM
registered pw

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:37 PM
Race Director

i find life is much easier without them.
Old 02-08-2004 | 03:42 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by SilviaGTO
i find life is much easier without them.
Sometimes it really seems that way to me too. Problems with the other ACL ladies from FL?
Old 02-08-2004 | 07:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

yer so worng, Ernie

besides, how many years have you been goin out with Len anyway??? you've been away from the game so long, you wouldn't know, you just think you know

last week is proof positive timing is everything...if i didn't help my roomie time it right, he would NEVER have talked to the blonde hottie b/c guys and girls were around her all night

and for fuk's sake, stop with the game changing shit...it's getting old and annoying
Hey Chris,

I'm not the guy moping and sulking all over this board crying woe is me girls suck I suck life sucks blah blah blah. If you are going to post here your going to get my opinion on things and my opinion hasn't changed, YOU NEED GAME SON

but....... whatever ........ you do don't listen to me, your better off looking back at your own history of posts and see how many people agreed with or had similar advice as me. Then again, you know what, your right. I have been with my g/f for over 6 years and you know how a guy like me keeps a hot piece of ass interested in me and happy? GAME AND PERSONALITY. Not money or ego.

Your a head case that honestly should go celibant for a year and clean up your other issues before you sandbag some chick into your problems. Better yet if you don't like my opinion don't read them but my opinion stands.

Just because you are with someone in a relationship does not mean you have no game, in fact if you want to keep a good relationship going, keep the sex hot and her eyes focused squarely on you then you better have game.

Again, my recipie has never let me down, has yours?
Old 02-08-2004 | 07:21 PM
Race Director

Sometimes it really seems that way to me too. Problems with the other ACL ladies from FL?

long story, rather not go into it or bring it onto the board. me and the other girls have managed to keep it civil so that we may all remain on the board, and id like to keep it that way.

Its just safe to say we dont talk or hear anything of eachother anymore unless it is on here.
Old 02-08-2004 | 07:27 PM
Safety Car

long story, rather not go into it or bring it onto the board. me and the other girls have managed to keep it civil so that we may all remain on the board, and id like to keep it that way.

Its just safe to say we dont talk or hear anything of eachother anymore unless it is on here.
:'( I'm sorry...I'll STFU now
Old 02-08-2004 | 07:29 PM
Pit Stop?

:'( I'm sorry...I'll STFU now
Yeah mang don't bring that shit up......

Or all you'll hear is gunshots.......
Old 02-08-2004 | 07:44 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Minch00
Yeah mang don't bring that shit up......

Or all you'll hear is gunshots.......

LOL. I know gilgamesh didnt mean anything by asking, and i didnt mean to come across like I was offended, but really..

nothing good can come out of bringing it onto the board. just a bunch of bickering and arguing and so on. weve all been doing good keeping it civil on here, and id like to continue.
Old 02-08-2004 | 10:01 PM
'Cooter

Hey Chris,

I'm not the guy moping and sulking all over this board crying woe is me girls suck I suck life sucks blah blah blah. If you are going to post here your going to get my opinion on things and my opinion hasn't changed, YOU NEED GAME SON
blah blah blah...
Ern

1, still waiting for an explanation on how my roomie's timing landed him a really cool 34 year old RN at the bar...you can have all the confidence and shit in the world, but it's all for nothing if you don't have the right timing...period

2, my game has nothing to do with this thread

3, if you're gonna keep Len b/c you have game, i feel sorry for you...i was with a girl for over 7 years NOT b/c i had game but b/c we loved each other, and that love superceded ANYTHING that posed a threat to our relationship...game and personality?? how shallow your relationship must be...you're so afraid someone else is going to come along and steal your girl away you have to reduce yerself to be a game player to get her to stay with you...man that's so messed up on so many levels...when you have unconditional love for someone, all the game playing shit will become trivial at best
Old 02-10-2004 | 10:03 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

1. game involves timing. Just one aspect. It's not everything.

2. your game has everything to do with this thread. You ask for help saying you aren't sure what to do but then you turn around and dismiss advice from people who are much more successful? Doesn't make any sense.

3. Relationships now involve work. You have to keep your partner interested.

It's not 50 years ago when a woman just did what was expected of her and a man found it honorable to be a family man!!!!! You're watching too much "The donna reed show", "Lassie", "Leave it to Beaver" etc.,

You have to keep your partner's attention.

Love is a two way street. You're partner should accept you because the love you............but you should also return that love by doing those things that keep them happy, interested, attracted etc., That's love.

It's not about just finding somebody to accept your shit. That's not how it work.

The effort you put into the relationship equal to if not greater to the returns you will realize. You seem to want to put some effort and then just give up.

Keep it up. You'll be unhappy because no woman from the states or in many other countries for that matter will find anything remotely appealing about somebody who isn't interested in growing a healthly relationship.

Ern

1, still waiting for an explanation on how my roomie's timing landed him a really cool 34 year old RN at the bar...you can have all the confidence and shit in the world, but it's all for nothing if you don't have the right timing...period

2, my game has nothing to do with this thread

3, if you're gonna keep Len b/c you have game, i feel sorry for you...i was with a girl for over 7 years NOT b/c i had game but b/c we loved each other, and that love superceded ANYTHING that posed a threat to our relationship...game and personality?? how shallow your relationship must be...you're so afraid someone else is going to come along and steal your girl away you have to reduce yerself to be a game player to get her to stay with you...man that's so messed up on so many levels...when you have unconditional love for someone, all the game playing shit will become trivial at best
Old 02-10-2004 | 10:30 AM
The Creator

timing is so NOT everything. lol
Old 02-10-2004 | 10:30 AM
The Creator

i gotta agree with zapata
Old 02-10-2004 | 12:29 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Zapata
1. game involves timing. Just one aspect. It's not everything.

2. your game has everything to do with this thread. You ask for help saying you aren't sure what to do but then you turn around and dismiss advice from people who are much more successful? Doesn't make any sense.

3. Relationships now involve work. You have to keep your partner interested.

It's not 50 years ago when a woman just did what was expected of her and a man found it honorable to be a family man!!!!! You're watching too much "The donna reed show", "Lassie", "Leave it to Beaver" etc.,

You have to keep your partner's attention.

Love is a two way street. You're partner should accept you because the love you............but you should also return that love by doing those things that keep them happy, interested, attracted etc., That's love.

It's not about just finding somebody to accept your shit. That's not how it work.

The effort you put into the relationship equal to if not greater to the returns you will realize. You seem to want to put some effort and then just give up.

Keep it up. You'll be unhappy because no woman from the states or in many other countries for that matter will find anything remotely appealing about somebody who isn't interested in growing a healthly relationship.
Zap:

i didn't create this thread...i'm not asking for help in this thread...if i wanted help, you'd know it

this whole game shit is really pathetic...i wholeheartedly disagree with everyone on this board who thinks they have to play games to keep a relationship alive...being spontaneous to spice up a relationship is NOT playing games...if you love your partner, and your partner loves you back, tell me how games supercede that in terms of what's more important in the relationship...i never said anything about not working on the relationship...that's just stupid...of course there are going to be times where you really have to work through some tough shit, but when you have unconditional love for someone, you'd be willing to do just about anything for him/her, right?? don't think games will help ya there

i personally think it's a foundational negative right from the start of the relationship, but that's just me...maybe we're thinking "games" in different context's here, but i think it's incredibly shallow of you to make sure the significant other is loyal...it's more like a guilt trip, not at all natural...yer basically forcing them to make the decision YOU want them to make, otherwise they're gone...as opposed to letting them freely choose what they want and live with the consequences naturally

i have no idea where yer getting the "not putting anything into the relationship" from...however, keep in mind that when you go out with someone, you're accepting all the baggage that comes with the other person, and vice a versa...so yeah, you have to accept their shit, and they have to accept yours...this is nothing you don't already know or at least SHOULD know...hey i worked HARD to make my previous relationship last as long as it did since it was long distance for over half of it...and yet you tell me i don't put in effort

lemme ask you this...how do you measure the "success" people have over me??? what kind of success are you talking about?? to me, i would take 2 or 3 long-standing meaningful relationships over 10+ random whatever relationships any day of the week and twice on Sundays...and just b/c i had a 7+ year relationship with one girl doesn't make me any more/less successful than Ern's 6+ year relationship or anyone else's 2 year relationship...it is what it is

yes, times change, but relationships are for the most part as typical as they were back 30 years ago...there are still romantics out there, not as many as there used to be, but they're around...anyone who says you have to be anything but who you are should be shot...so if that means i have to be miserable longer than usual b/c i'm holding out for something more worthwhile rather than quick 'n easy's, then so be it
Old 02-10-2004 | 01:25 PM
Safety Car

thank you for posting.

not!!

:o
Old 02-10-2004 | 02:06 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

just a discussion......

1. you post quite often asking questions.

2. you act like know exactly what's going on and how to make things work when from your posts it's hard for any one person to come to such a conclusion.

3. success in a relationship can be measured in any number of ways. Most importantly, knowing that you don't need a relationship to be successful.

4. yea we might disagree, you think i mean be dishonest when i say play games. GAME is all aspects of being a good partner.

5. unconditional love doesn't happen for quite sometime. You might think you have it for somebody but you don't. It's something that developes between two adults as opposed to something that just exists between a parent and child.

6. GAME....makes you partner want to do things for you. It's not about guilt. It's about an expression of feelings, actions and gestures which demonstrate to your partner what it is that defines your relationship.

Zap:

i didn't create this thread...i'm not asking for help in this thread...if i wanted help, you'd know it

this whole game shit is really pathetic...i wholeheartedly disagree with everyone on this board who thinks they have to play games to keep a relationship alive...being spontaneous to spice up a relationship is NOT playing games...if you love your partner, and your partner loves you back, tell me how games supercede that in terms of what's more important in the relationship...i never said anything about not working on the relationship...that's just stupid...of course there are going to be times where you really have to work through some tough shit, but when you have unconditional love for someone, you'd be willing to do just about anything for him/her, right?? don't think games will help ya there

i personally think it's a foundational negative right from the start of the relationship, but that's just me...maybe we're thinking "games" in different context's here, but i think it's incredibly shallow of you to make sure the significant other is loyal...it's more like a guilt trip, not at all natural...yer basically forcing them to make the decision YOU want them to make, otherwise they're gone...as opposed to letting them freely choose what they want and live with the consequences naturally

i have no idea where yer getting the "not putting anything into the relationship" from...however, keep in mind that when you go out with someone, you're accepting all the baggage that comes with the other person, and vice a versa...so yeah, you have to accept their shit, and they have to accept yours...this is nothing you don't already know or at least SHOULD know...hey i worked HARD to make my previous relationship last as long as it did since it was long distance for over half of it...and yet you tell me i don't put in effort

lemme ask you this...how do you measure the "success" people have over me??? what kind of success are you talking about?? to me, i would take 2 or 3 long-standing meaningful relationships over 10+ random whatever relationships any day of the week and twice on Sundays...and just b/c i had a 7+ year relationship with one girl doesn't make me any more/less successful than Ern's 6+ year relationship or anyone else's 2 year relationship...it is what it is

yes, times change, but relationships are for the most part as typical as they were back 30 years ago...there are still romantics out there, not as many as there used to be, but they're around...anyone who says you have to be anything but who you are should be shot...so if that means i have to be miserable longer than usual b/c i'm holding out for something more worthwhile rather than quick 'n easy's, then so be it
Old 02-10-2004 | 06:25 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

Originally posted by Zapata
GAME is all aspects of being a good partner.

GAME....makes you partner want to do things for you. It's not about guilt. It's about an expression of feelings, actions and gestures which demonstrate to your partner what it is that defines your relationship.
honestly dude... never in a million years would i ever refer to "game" as something essential to a realtionship. it's really kinda surprising to me that you're not the only one here who apparently thinks of "game" in that context...
Old 02-10-2004 | 07:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by mesmerize
honestly dude... never in a million years would i ever refer to "game" as something essential to a realtionship. it's really kinda surprising to me that you're not the only one here who apparently thinks of "game" in that context...
Well I can't think of another word to use.......

I think the point that is trying to be made is that you are responsible to keep the love going in a relationship through constantly doing things that improve or build up the relationship.
Relationships die or become stagnant when you don't put any energy into them or you take them for granted. Do you have a better term?
Old 02-10-2004 | 07:32 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Old 02-10-2004 | 07:38 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

I think the point that is trying to be made is that you are responsible to keep the love going in a relationship through constantly doing things that improve or build up the relationship.
Relationships die or become stagnant when you don't put any energy into them or you take them for granted. Do you have a better term?
spontaneity, appreciation, not-taking-someone-for-granted...?

there's a lot of words that i would use in place of "game"

i'm just sayin i don't think that word generally has a positive connotation in a relationship context ya know? just my opinion.
Old 02-10-2004 | 07:39 PM
Race Director

if thats you in your avatar, you look like the mummy guy.
(not you sara.. damn you fast poster lol)

i keed! I keed!

but i thought only women put pics of themselves in their avatars?
Old 02-10-2004 | 07:59 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

if thats you in your avatar, you look like the mummy guy.
(not you sara.. damn you fast poster lol)

i keed! I keed!

but i thought only women put pics of themselves in their avatars?
Thank you for the mummy compliment. My name is Rickson and I'm a professional fighter. Here's me, Rickson, with female pro fighter, Erin.

Old 02-10-2004 | 08:25 PM
Safety Car

shit you're mad old
Old 02-10-2004 | 08:32 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally posted by esCarbonie
shit you're mad old
Thank you, thank you very much.
Old 02-10-2004 | 09:34 PM
Race Director

Thank you for the mummy compliment. My name is Rickson and I'm a professional fighter. Here's me, Rickson, with female pro fighter, Erin.

i was playing around on the mummy comment.

but no shit! i just googled you and found your website! pretty cool fucking stuff there!
Old 02-10-2004 | 09:35 PM
Race Director

ok ive been looking more. no wonder you walk around thinking youre the shit. you can beat the shit out of anyone who contests to that eh?
Old 02-10-2004 | 10:16 PM

ALl u gotta do is get shot 9 times, get some tatoos and some bling and the girls will be all over you.

Oh yeah, wear a wife beater to show the tats....
Old 02-10-2004 | 11:11 PM
'Cooter

holy Batman
Old 02-10-2004 | 11:27 PM
werd

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
ALl u gotta do is get shot 9 times, get some tatoos and some bling and the girls will be all over you.

Oh yeah, wear a wife beater to show the tats....
yup, piece of cake
Old 02-11-2004 | 05:57 AM
'Cooter

realized a few things by yer post and Zap's

1, i was right when i thought we're thinking different definitions when it comes to "games," so at least we're on the same page there

2, for a while, i had the notion i was in the minority regarding methods of keeping relationships working...now i don't feel as distant from your thinking

3, Zap, regarding your unconditional love opinion: IMO, unconditional love doesn't take as long as you make it out to be...i mean the very definition alone would support an even shorter time frame than what i think...in fact, i would say you and your girl have unconditional love for each other...i think Ern and his girl have unconditional love for each other...no doubt i still have unconditional love for my ex. the potential to have unconditional love i think is a lot sooner, however each situation is different
Old 02-11-2004 | 08:27 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

i was playing around on the mummy comment.

but no shit! i just googled you and found your website! pretty cool fucking stuff there!
Silvia, please don't tell me you think I'm Rickson Gracie.
Old 02-11-2004 | 09:21 AM
'Cooter

Silvia, please don't tell me you think I'm Rickson Gracie.

white Mike Tyson?
Old 02-11-2004 | 11:12 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

white Mike Tyson?
Rickson Gracie is Brazilian and he'd tear Mike Tyson apart. Click save for Rickson highlights.

Rickson Gracie

Quick Reply: Shy guys get no play!