Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Shy guys get no play!

Old 02-04-2004 | 09:18 PM
werd

Originally posted by esCarbonie
someone got a little quiet REAL fast

Old 02-04-2004 | 09:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

haven't heard a peep from him since, what gives?
Old 02-04-2004 | 09:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Batin Dean
1) I live in NYC, fool!

2) class trip huh?

3) WOMEN DON'T LIKE SHY GUYS!

4) you don't have to lie

5) not only are you the loud guy, neither nice girls nor sluts like you.
^^ Damn Soopa why'd ya have have to own Batin Dean? I'll bet his loud obnoxious posts were seducing all the women on this board. Now it looks like we'll have to track down another expert like PGATOUR to show us how it's all done.
Old 02-04-2004 | 10:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by SpeedyV6
^^ Damn Soopa why'd ya have have to own Batin Dean? I'll bet his loud obnoxious posts were seducing all the women on this board. Now it looks like we'll have to track down another expert like PGATOUR to show us how it's all done.
Where has he been lately anyway?
Old 02-04-2004 | 10:10 PM
Suzuka Master

He had a couple of dui's. Maybe he's in jail?
Old 02-04-2004 | 11:27 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by soopa
even tho Queens is a fuckin joke.
excuse me????

if you like Asian spice, i'd highly suggest you take a trip down to Flushing for half a day...we got more Asian poontang here than the rest of this country combined
Old 02-04-2004 | 11:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Scooter
excuse me????

if you like Asian spice, i'd highly suggest you take a trip down to Flushing for half a day...we got more Asian poontang here than the rest of this country combined
^^Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket:

Asian ho: Ooh me so horny, so horny. Me luv yoo loong time.
GI: How much?
Asian ho: Ten dolla
GI: But $5 is all my mom allows me to spend

Damn that scene was funny!!
Old 02-05-2004 | 08:53 AM
The Creator

excuse me????

hehehe. i should say... the bulk of queens is not ``big city`` its just like being anywhere else. most of queens is damn near suburbia....... surrounded by a mess.

queens is cool..... its just not manhattan. or much different then anywhere else for that matter.

standing in the middle of queens... i wouldnt know im any closer to Manhattan then standing way uptown in Albany somewhere... looks the same.

all im gettin at
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:25 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

What can I say? I can't fight with the admin.
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:35 AM
'Cooter

hehehe. i should say... the bulk of queens is not ``big city`` its just like being anywhere else. most of queens is damn near suburbia....... surrounded by a mess.

queens is cool..... its just not manhattan. or much different then anywhere else for that matter.

standing in the middle of queens... i wouldnt know im any closer to Manhattan then standing way uptown in Albany somewhere... looks the same.

all im gettin at

but you could be the King of Queens

yeah Queens ain't Manhattan by any means, however Queens gives a nice balance of more city-type life mixed with the burbs

you really should come down for a weekend...PLENTY of places to check out and leave yer legacy
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:47 AM
GEEZER

this thread=
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:55 AM
Race Director

omg.

i love how you, batin, are the number one authority on what women want, and strangely it seems to coincide with what you believe yourself to be.

real (and i emphasize real) women do not want loud, over confident men.
Being confident is fine, but if that is one of your flaunting points, then it makes you a pompous jackass.

I myself, would go toward a shy or quiet guy. plenty of those men, are the best men once you get them to open up, and they are usually very very intelligent.

Loud mouth player types want nothing but ass.
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:10 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally posted by SilviaGTO
omg.

Actually, you read me quite well except for the loud mouth part. I prefer a lot of ass from several different girls than a relationship with just one.
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by mantis23
Mantis, don't take this personally, but I never imagined that a pic that showed no genitalia, nor anything sexual could ever be so :ghey:.

I'm not sure I'd want to be anyone in that pic.
Old 02-05-2004 | 11:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Soopa :nutkick: Batin Dean
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:02 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

real (and i emphasize real) women do not want loud, over confident men.
Being confident is fine, but if that is one of your flaunting points, then it makes you a pompous jackass.

I myself, would go toward a shy or quiet guy. plenty of those men, are the best men once you get them to open up, and they are usually very very intelligent.

sooo true!!
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:12 PM
'Cooter

go to any bar and see who the chics talk to...total douchebags

why??? who the fuk knows
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:22 PM
The Creator

why??? who the fuk knows

ya if you go to bars where dirty sluts hang out... sure

you need to find better spots to chill
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:27 PM
Race Director

Yeah scoot, if youre looking for decent women at bars, this might explain why you have trouble with women
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:34 PM
'Cooter

ummm no, it's everywhere...seen it at total dumps of bars, and i've seen it at exclusive night clubs

i have yet to find a bar in the tri-state area where there isn't some asshole of a guy who's so fukin ugly, you'd swear he's decomposing...yet he'd still get the chic

go figure...like i said Adam, you should come down here and see for yerself

altho my roomie did score a nice girl's number last Sat b/c his timing was perfect...and as usual, i was the wingman...one of the chic's friends asked who he was with, and he pointed me out and said i was a real cool guy and she should talk to me...know what her response was??? "is he tall??? i'll only talk to a guy if he's as tall as i am (bout 6'1, and i'm about 5'10)"
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:35 PM
werd

Yeah scoot, if youre looking for decent women at bars, this might explain why you have trouble with women
not the negative attitude?
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:36 PM
werd

ummm no, it's everywhere...seen it at total dumps of bars, and i've seen it at exclusive night clubs

i have yet to find a bar in the tri-state area where there isn't some asshole of a guy who's so fukin ugly, you'd swear he's decomposing...yet he'd still get the chic

go figure...like i said Adam, you should come down here and see for yerself
you're leaving yourself no outs, and setting yourself up for failure
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:38 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by amisconception
you're leaving yourself no outs, and setting yourself up for failure
actually, it's more like i'm not going in there with any expectations...you know, hope for the best but expect the worst??

and then i wind up laughing at who the chics wind up talking to most of the night
Old 02-05-2004 | 12:51 PM
werd

don't take this the wrong way

but i can imagine, only from observing a couple of your posts mind you, seeing you at a bar just knocking on every drunk guy who was able to pull a chick with whatever b.s. he was kicking
Old 02-05-2004 | 01:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I am the quiet sort and it works for me. If the girl looks interested (read- bodylanguage) then I will open up. No need to make a fool out of myself.
Old 02-05-2004 | 01:06 PM
werd

Originally posted by Ashburner
No need to make a fool out of myself.
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:20 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

why??? who the fuk knows
oookay... here's my perspective on that, being a girl & all.

when i go out to clubs or bars or whatever, i very rarely approach guys... it's not that i'm "shy" or whatever, i just don't think that sort of environment is all that great for meeting new people. i'm usually just there to hang out with my friends & have a good time.

sooo... if i'm talkin to a guy, it's generally because he approached me. here's the bottom line: in all my years of going out to clubs & bars, i can honestly say that 99% of guys who come up & talk to me (and my friends, for that matter) turn out to be complete assholes/douchebags/etc.

get it?? nice girls talk to retards by default, cuz the NICE GUYS aren't talkin!!

...*sigh*...
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Ashburner
No need to make a fool out of myself.
too late...
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:35 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Old 02-05-2004 | 04:42 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by mesmerize

when i go out to clubs or bars or whatever, i very rarely approach guys... it's not that i'm "shy" or whatever, i just don't think that sort of environment is all that great for meeting new people. i'm usually just there to hang out with my friends & have a good time.

sooo... if i'm talkin to a guy, it's generally because he approached me. here's the bottom line: in all my years of going out to clubs & bars, i can honestly say that 99% of guys who come up & talk to me (and my friends, for that matter) turn out to be complete assholes/douchebags/etc.

get it?? nice girls talk to retards by default, cuz the NICE GUYS aren't talkin!!

...*sigh*...
So where do you go to meet guys? The nice guys almost never talk because we're at the bar to drink with the boys, if a girl walks up, then cool, if not, we still got drunk. My problem is that it seems to me no matter where I can think of, gym, grocery store, bar/club, parties, coffee shop, anywhere except maybe school, or a low key get together with few friends...a guy who walks up would seem like a douchebag to everyone around, including the girl he's talking to which is the one person I don't want to look like a douchebag to.

So maybe the nice girls need to start talking to the guys at a table enjoying a drink, or over in the corner talking amongst themselves or doing HW at the coffee shop...
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

This is your basic chick mentality. 99% of the guys (whom she doesn't know) who come up & talk to her in a bar are "douchebags". Pretty much what she's saying is that she believes the only people in that bar who aren't douchebags are the ones that are personally known to her from some other context. In reality we know that there is probably no distinction between the guys who she knows as acquaintances and the strangers who approach her in a bar. BUT THAT'S NOT HOW CHICKS THINK.

This means that unless you're out to hook up with sloppy drunken skanky ho's you'll have to meet them and make their acquaintance in some other context. Then you take 'em out for dinner & drinks.

BTW: There is an upside to the kind of thinking Mesmerize is displaying here. Once you've hooked up with a girl and she becomes your girl, she'll be a lot less likely to leave you for another strange guy who comes along. It takes a while to dismantle a normal chick's defenses and resistance to hooking up. But, once you do, you can be assured that it won't be that easy for other guys to get in her pant's - unless, of course, she's a ho.
Old 02-05-2004 | 06:11 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

Originally posted by SpeedyV6
Pretty much what she's saying is that she believes the only people in that bar who aren't douchebags are the ones that are personally known to her from some other context. In reality we know that there is probably no distinction between the guys who she knows as acquaintances and the strangers who approach her in a bar. BUT THAT'S NOT HOW CHICKS THINK.
that's not at all what i'm saying -- don't go twistin my words around now. i KNOW there are nice guys out there, including in bars & clubs. i'm just saying that, from MY experience, these aren't the guys who usually approach girls.

and i'm basing the 99% asshole-rate on the usual behavior of guys who talk to me & my friends in bars... it's the things they say, the way they handle themselves, the way they treat other people... and often these qualities are made worse by alcohol -- another reason why i don't think clubs & bars are good places to try to meet people!

This means that unless you're out to hook up with sloppy drunken skanky ho's you'll have to meet them and make their acquaintance in some other context. Then you take 'em out for dinner & drinks.

that's always a good idea, really
Old 02-05-2004 | 06:14 PM
Who am I?

guys that are too loud get clowned on... guys that are too nice get walked on... guys that are too quiet never talk....

the key is doinf what you have to do... not every chick is the same, no two scenarios whe talkin to a girl are the same. there is no "key" to getting ass, you just do what ya gotta do, and either you get ass or you dont.
Old 02-05-2004 | 06:34 PM
*~ i am a girl ~*

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
So where do you go to meet guys? The nice guys almost never talk because we're at the bar to drink with the boys, if a girl walks up, then cool, if not, we still got drunk. My problem is that it seems to me no matter where I can think of, gym, grocery store, bar/club, parties, coffee shop, anywhere except maybe school, or a low key get together with few friends...a guy who walks up would seem like a douchebag to everyone around, including the girl he's talking to which is the one person I don't want to look like a douchebag to.

So maybe the nice girls need to start talking to the guys at a table enjoying a drink, or over in the corner talking amongst themselves or doing HW at the coffee shop...
usually i just meet guys through other friends, at school, normal stuff like that. honestly, the stuff you're saying about feelin dumb going up to talk to a girl... that's what's wrong with nice guys today!! :P a girl (a non-skanky normal one, at least) isn't gonna think you're a douchebag unless you ACT like a one. if a guy came up to me in public & seemed genuinely nice, and had something intelligent to say... even if it was a lil awkward, i'd think that was really cool. (actually i met a guy that way at Best Buy once ) even if i wasn't really interested, it would still be flattering & i definitely wouldn't think "wow what a douchebag..."

at the same time, all girls are different & that might not always work. u gotta take chances like that though!!

and yea nice girls should be takin the initiative too... i'm workin on that
Old 02-05-2004 | 07:11 PM
Race Director

thank god i dont have to worry about this shit.

i met my fiance because i came over to visit his roommate.. and things progressed from there
Old 02-05-2004 | 07:17 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Y'all taking my thread south again. Confidence is the key, period. I said shy guys get nowhere. Be confident and good things will happen. I never said a guy should be loud or approach any girl he feels like approaching. I said the guy should be confident, not cocky, not come up with pickup lines while he's drunk. These were things y'all just threw in there.
Old 02-05-2004 | 07:22 PM
Safety Car

you're still talking?
Old 02-05-2004 | 07:25 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally posted by esCarbonie
you're still talking?
Actually, Pete, I'm typing.
Old 02-05-2004 | 09:15 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Batin Dean
Y'all taking my thread south again. Confidence is the key, period.
WRONG!!!!

TIMING is the key, period
Old 02-05-2004 | 10:21 PM
werd

i'm workin on that
your perspective is greatly appreciated.

thanks for coming back to the forum

Quick Reply: Shy guys get no play!