Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

How not to end up on the Friends ladder?

Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 AM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by SRK85
Yea anyways, not that this whole thing is done. I want to debate the whole friends ladder more. I was told by two different girls that the friends ladder is a myth so to say. My one friend said that when she first met her boyfriend she thought he was an asshole and they didn't go out right away. And my other friend said that the girl I liked only saw me as a friend. But I was warming on her. Are women being seceretive about the friends ladder, or they just don't realize it exists.
I know people who have hooked up after knowing each other for years, but time certainly doesn't make things easier
Old 02-13-2008, 01:51 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's not impossible to date a woman after you are on the "friendship train". But it is difficult, depending upon the circumstances.

I dated someone that was a friend of mine for years and we wound up having awesome sex for 6 years after we started dating! I mean, to this day we have a saying: "No matter how many times..." Meaning, no matter how many times we do it, it's still the bomb! We don't have sex now, but that's because her ass is in the past, and she's crazy (corollary)!

On the other hand, I met my two fave female friends I have now for the purposes of dating them at first. However, after initially talking to them, I decided we should just be friends. They tried to get me to be more than friends after the fact, but I persisted. They were on the "friendship train", and that's where I kept them, because that's where I wanted them to be. Nice ass and titties, but friends. Difficult to do if you don't know where your next "sex meal" is coming from, but not for a cocksman! We been friends now for over 7 years!

So you see...it depends on the situation, not any general rule of thumb. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have never known failure. I don't pretend to come off like that. Rather, my high success rate is a product of failure! I ain't afraid of "NO", it's "I don't know" that I can't deal with! Thus...the cheetah mentality!

Stop doing so much listening in your sex-life SRK85, and take a proactive approach to fucking...its it's own reward...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea anyways, not that this whole thing is done. I want to debate the whole friends ladder more. I was told by two different girls that the friends ladder is a myth so to say. My one friend said that when she first met her boyfriend she thought he was an asshole and they didn't go out right away. And my other friend said that the girl I liked only saw me as a friend. But I was warming on her. Are women being seceretive about the friends ladder, or they just don't realize it exists.
Of COURSE women aren't going to clue you in on their secrets In fairness to them, it's not like they consciously decide to do it like that, it's just how their programmed. They don't sit around and discuss the friends ladder because it's just natural to them.

And for the bolded part, no shit, that's how it usually works.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Pink things in...

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
Of COURSE women aren't going to clue you in on their secrets In fairness to them, it's not like they consciously decide to do it like that, it's just how their programmed. They don't sit around and discuss the friends ladder because it's just natural to them.

And for the bolded part, no shit, that's how it usually works.
I completely agree!!!

It's not impossible to get off the friend ladder....however, usually women don't want to burn those types of bridges if they've got a great friend (or at least that's how I see it).

Q. Why are you on the friend ladder?

A1. You're not pursuing hard enough. We're not getting the gist that you like us - it's becoming really ambiguous. Some women analyze everything to a T and we can come up with 10 different feelings for one gesture (something you said, something you did). Some sit there and think, "well he did this so that means a, b, c, d, e, and f. Or he may feel totally the opposite so that means he may feed g, h, i, j and k."

A2. Sometimes, we just know that you're deemed to the friends ladder after a date or so.

A3. Things don't click and you stick around = friend.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
So anyways I want to put this out there so I don't seem like a little bitch. I told her I would not take her to the airport and I basically will never do any favors for this girl again.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So anyways I want to put this out there so I don't seem like a little bitch. I told her I would not take her to the airport and I basically will never do any favors for this girl again.
That's a good start!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Originally Posted by darksom1
That's a good start!
Yeah you guys are acting like I already gave her a ride to the airport. No not all and I'm not a little bitch lol. So lets leave it at that.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Originally Posted by pinky_ttc
I completely agree!!!

It's not impossible to get off the friend ladder....however, usually women don't want to burn those types of bridges if they've got a great friend (or at least that's how I see it).

Q. Why are you on the friend ladder?

A1. You're not pursuing hard enough. We're not getting the gist that you like us - it's becoming really ambiguous. Some women analyze everything to a T and we can come up with 10 different feelings for one gesture (something you said, something you did). Some sit there and think, "well he did this so that means a, b, c, d, e, and f. Or he may feel totally the opposite so that means he may feed g, h, i, j and k."

A2. Sometimes, we just know that you're deemed to the friends ladder after a date or so.

A3. Things don't click and you stick around = friend.
you forgot a4

a4 they think youre ugly or not their type, but they don't want to hurt your feelings.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Pink things in...

How did I forget.....A4 is a total must.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
aw1
Pro

if a girl likes or have any interest in you, she would know right away. there is no warming to you BS.