Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

God I hate this feeling.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:gheyfight:

j/k might do the trick for you but wouldn't do the trick for me. just get really into lifting weights and listening to disturbed. that and the ex will fuel good exercise.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Beauty is a curse...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dnd2984
well I e-mailed her last night and called to say g-nite. Was that wrong? But hey my 6am workout felt great though.

WTF. Cut off all connection for her.

emailing her goodnight is:

1.) Weird
2.) Kinda gay
3.) Lets her know she still has grip over you

No contact or connection with her whatsoever. Go do something anytime you think of her.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismotic
WTF. Cut off all connection for her.

emailing her goodnight is:

1.) Weird
2.) Kinda gay
3.) Lets her know she still has grip over you

No contact or connection with her whatsoever. Go do something anytime you think of her.

My poor right hand
Old 11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Beauty is a curse...

My poor right hand

Lotion and a box of tissues does justice in these situations
Old 11-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Suzuka Master

go bang 10 other women.
then come back and laugh at your own post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rise
go bang 10 other women.
then come back and laugh at your own post

I actually was gonna call some proior friendly females, but thats just not be anymore. ITs a huge differ from being 18 and 21. ANd sorry guys if this post will go on forever. Reason why is I live in a differ city now and all my freinds live in gainesville and I now live in Tampa, and my Family is Ocala. So this is my thanksgiving family becasue I wont be going home either this year.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Still I feel so weak. During the day I am fine. Today when I went to publix saw this young couple shopping and it just hit me really hard. At night I am a wreck.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
You sound like a bitch, grow some balls. It will go away, stop thinking about her.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Banned

get the fuck out of your house and off this website. posting here isn't going to help you AT ALL

go do something, like getting drunk at a bar

do you know how many ladies will be out tonight?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Pro

3 years isn't easy to just get over in a few days. Honestly, you probably won't get over it but rather you just need to slowly deal with things and learn to move on.

Like ppl have said, don't be a hermit but at the same time, don't go out and bang the first chick that wants to get with ya cuz it won't help - been there done that.

Do something productive, chill with the crew, take up a new hobby, meet some new people, hell its almost the new year. There'll be lotsa ppl out there wanting to become better at stuff in their lives, great place to meet new people, and honeyz.

'nuff said and hey, sorry to hear man. I won't say you're young or anything cuz it hurts just as much at 21 as it does at 41. How you handle it is the only difference.

DO NOT BURN THE SHIT YOU GUYS HAD TOGETHER. You'll regret it! You don't have to keep every single thing but at the same time you prolly don't want to toss it all out.

now go out and remember, ROCK THE SHOCKER!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

yea dude she died

thats the best way to deal with this

she cheated on you while she was with you and the other day she died.

thats all you need to know.

make her the fuel for some energy and do something productive.

if every thing you see relates to her there is no point in "trying" to forget her cause yo unever will.

i never thought i would hear such depressing things from a 21 year old kid. no one i know that has been dumped has been this depressed.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro

and oh yah... don't email her or call her 'n stuff like that. To some it may show that you really do care but to others they may just think it's very weak. If anything, send her a letter after a month or so, keep it brief. Tell her how you feel and keep it at that. Ball's in her court. Move on. If she's interested she may come back to you in a week, month hell a year (as in my parents) and if not meh... at least you've moved on with your life!

As soemone said, the gym's a great way of getting past things and it's good for you! heh
Old 11-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Safety Car

Sorry if it seems like I am bitchin but for the last 3 years it was all about us, Wake up together and sleep together. I mean its just really lonely. I know she still loves me to. ANd I do to. I just went to the movies with couple of buddies so that was good.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Safety Car

OK speaking of the devil she just sent me a IM on my phone saying she loves me????? O yea I also got a job to free my mind up. ITs at MAcys and during the holiday its gonna be so much fun
Old 11-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
OK speaking of the devil she just sent me a IM on my phone saying she loves me????? O yea I also got a job to free my mind up. ITs at MAcys and during the holiday its gonna be so much fun
You need to inform her that because she broke up with you, you don't want her torturing you with contact with her, so tell her to not call you, IM you, email you, or anything anymore. You're done.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Advanced

The new job is a great thing! Also, since YOUR gym doesn't offer the class you want, go find a martial arts class somewhere else. Look in the phone book. Break up=broken, try your best to limit contact with her and it will get easier.....
Old 11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by youngTL
You need to inform her that because she broke up with you, you don't want her torturing you with contact with her, so tell her to not call you, IM you, email you, or anything anymore. You're done.

OK I talked to her today and telling her that its hard for me to get over you with you contacting me and acting like nothing happen. I also said I know we broke up cause we started arguing a lot and I take 60% of the blame. I asked her I know she dosnt want to let go so I asked if she wanted to be in a open relationship. So we can date around and find someone who is more compatible. She said no.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Loopa
The new job is a great thing! Also, since YOUR gym doesn't offer the class you want, go find a martial arts class somewhere else. Look in the phone book. Break up=broken, try your best to limit contact with her and it will get easier.....

Yea thats what I am gonna do over x-mas break.. Thank god my gym is open today.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:10 PM
-S namyaC-

Don't listen to her...me ex sent me all this shit like "I really miss you" and "I wish I was with you now" a week ago...this week she's got some new guy I think - they will just string you on to see how long they can keep you around until they find someone else. Just going to fuck with your head and make it worse.

I know it hard man, I really do know exactly what you mean. I still feel so weird about it...but just got to let it go. Believe me, the first day is killer - hell the first week. But each passing day you think less of them and more about everything else that is going on.

What stuck the knife in my side is that we broke up because both of us were super busy, and had to work at it to make time to see each other, etc. I dealt with it b/c I thought it was worth it for her, but I guess it got to her and she starting acting diff - so she wanted to end it b/c she couldn't handle not seeing me that much (well so she said) and I wanted to end it b/c she wasn't herself anymore. First time I've ever broken up and both parties still wanted to be with each other - really fucked with my head. So she tells me many times she isn't ready for someone else, blah blah she's still not over me, again with the "I miss you" shit like above - now she's got another guy - so wtf was it about before then if you have time for someone else? Now I'm glad I didn't waste any more of my time...
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Drifting

The holidays are very bad times for people that have just ended relationships, so I think there is a tendency to reach out to ex'es, since there is so much emphasis on family and being together, etc. Concentrate on the other things, like your family, school, friends, and other things that are going to remain constant.

And don't beat yourself up for continuing to miss your ex. IMHO, it's never as easy as just finding someone new. You'll go through days when everything is fine, and days when it sucks. A clean break (no IM'ing, not txt messages, no calls, no email, nada) to me is always the best. Hang in there.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro

Yeah man, don't listen to her and the "I miss you's" She may be taking it hard right now which's why she's telling you she misses you 'n all but you guys need your space. Don't listen to her, email her, talk to her, etc. It'll just make things harder and prolong the moving on.

Case in point, I just recently had one of my "friends" end things w/ me cuz she couldn't get her shit together - yah a lil' twisted - and I sent her a letter telling her some shit she said was majorly messed up and good luck w/ her life. She sent the letter back unopened and is now calling me to read me poems and leaving 'em in my mailbox. I mean, wtf?! I've not really talked to her (I work with her so I can't completely ignore her.)

It'll be hard but if you can get by the holidays w/o being in contact with her, you'll be fine, guaranteed!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Safety Car

First of all thank you all very much for listening and responding to me. ITs been really hard on me right now. And I think life gonna be hard for awhile.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Safety Car

Do any of you blame your self for it ending. The only reason why I am hurt so much is not because I am afraid I wont find anyone or will be lonely. I am hurt cause I know I should have gave her the best of everything, and I knew If he had more time I could have. I have been in a couple of relationships and I know this one is the one that should last.

Sorry if It sounds like i am a pussy
Old 11-27-2005, 06:25 PM
I keeps it real

Do any of you blame your self for it ending. The only reason why I am hurt so much is not because I am afraid I wont find anyone or will be lonely. I am hurt cause I know I should have gave her the best of everything, and I knew If he had more time I could have. I have been in a couple of relationships and I know this one is the one that should last.

Sorry if It sounds like i am a pussy
I think in most cases, if you feel like you are to blame, you are probably right. to learning from this and treating your next woman like a princess.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

Well, you could look at all the cute couples shopping ... er ... sorry.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
I think in most cases, if you feel like you are to blame, you are probably right. to learning from this and treating your next woman like a princess.

But what if I want her back and want trear her like a princess. I now I am 21 and some might say i am young. I am very mature for my age when it comes to dating. I know in my heart and in my mind this one is the right one. Should I just give her time to cool off. Its been a week now. I saw her tonight, Sorry guys I just had to. I asked her where do we stand and she like I dunno, but then I asked her again. Can I move on with my life. Can I just start talking to other girls and her response was i dunno but I know she dosnt want me to talk to her. IF only someone on this forum knew us both it would be easier to understand.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
Well, you could look at all the cute couples shopping ... er ... sorry.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
sucks man ive ben there and if shes your first love then i hate to say it you probaly never will forget her, but you will eventually move on, shit i did
Old 11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
But what if I want her back and want trear her like a princess. I now I am 21 and some might say i am young. I am very mature for my age when it comes to dating. I know in my heart and in my mind this one is the right one. Should I just give her time to cool off. Its been a week now. I saw her tonight, Sorry guys I just had to. I asked her where do we stand and she like I dunno, but then I asked her again. Can I move on with my life. Can I just start talking to other girls and her response was i dunno but I know she dosnt want me to talk to her. IF only someone on this forum knew us both it would be easier to understand.
I've been in that situation before. I told her straight up, I promised everything would be great again. I learned my lesson, blah blah all that crap. It was all true but yanno what .. She just wasn't interested. So if you can promise her that kind of thing, and she doesn't want it, then maybe it's her loss.

You can't give the world to someone who doesn't want it from you.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mystikk
I've been in that situation before. I told her straight up, I promised everything would be great again. I learned my lesson, blah blah all that crap. It was all true but yanno what .. She just wasn't interested. So if you can promise her that kind of thing, and she doesn't want it, then maybe it's her loss.

You can't give the world to someone who doesn't want it from you.

How lond did you date and also waht did u do wrong.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Pro

You need time away man. Trust me, I've been there but on a much larger scale. I screwed up the one honey that I could see myself being married to only because of 1 night of getting with her friend that was going through a bad divorce - and my gf and I were on the rocks also. I tried for like 3 months to get her back, talk to her and more and eventually gave her her space. She was thankfull for this and though we didn't get back together she respected me for coming clean and for just letting her be and not pressuring her much more.

The other thing that's good about what you've done is basically shown that you still want her and want something more. Leave it at that. Ball's now in her court as to what she wants to do. Trust me, it's very hard to just let things be especially when it feels your inaction means you don't care... well more action or too much action is more detrimental.

Just let things be. I wouldn't tell her you want to start talking to other girls or whatever, that's your perrogative. She's not your boss, be your own man. You don't have to get approval from her. Just tell her that you miss her and wish you were back together and that if you were back together you'd do everything to make sure things are different because you don't want to lose her again and go through the feeling of not having her there. Don't go overboard, just leave it at that.

Seriously, it's hard but you need time and space and leave the ball in her court as to what she wants to do. Women are ultimately attracted to a strong man.

And screw what ppl say about 21 being young. It's not young. Sure, you're still a young adult but a 21 yr old now is pretty mature compared to a 21 yr old many years ago.

Last edited by helraiser; 11-29-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by helraiser
You need time away man. Trust me, I've been there but on a much larger scale. I screwed up the one honey that I could see myself being married to only because of 1 night of getting with her friend that was going through a bad divorce - and my gf and I were on the rocks also. I tried for like 3 months to get her back, talk to her and more and eventually gave her her space. She was thankfull for this and though we didn't get back together she respected me for coming clean and for just letting her be and not pressuring her much more.

The other thing that's good about what you've done is basically shown that you still want her and want something more. Leave it at that. Ball's now in her court as to what she wants to do. Trust me, it's very hard to just let things be especially when it feels your inaction means you don't care... well more action or too much action is more detrimental.

Just let things be. I wouldn't tell her you want to start talking to other girls or whatever, that's your perrogative. She's not your boss, be your own man. You don't have to get approval from her. Just tell her that you miss her and wish you were back together and that if you were back together you'd do everything to make sure things are different because you don't want to lose her again and go through the feeling of not having her there. Don't go overboard, just leave it at that.

Seriously, it's hard but you need time and space and leave the ball in her court as to what she wants to do. Women are ultimately attracted to a strong man.

And screw what ppl say about 21 being young. It's not young. Sure, you're still a young adult but a 21 yr old now is pretty mature compared to a 21 yr old many years ago.

I will take this advice. I am gonna give her, her space. Hope it all works out.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:53 AM
failhard.

How lond did you date and also waht did u do wrong.
It was just before our 16th month.

And let's just say, I had some anger issues, and she was in the crosshairs a lot, since I spent practically every day with her. This anger issue went on for quite a long while. I'd blow up over the smallest shit, constant road rage, but I got over it rather quickly after our last fight. I realized that damn, doing this isn't getting me anywhere, and I knew she and I could only take so much. I vowed to myself to make everything straight and great again. Pretty much begged her to take me back, she wouldn't have it.

A month later, we've broken off all contact with each other, and she's constantly talking shit. With all the shit she's said about me, I should hate her. The change I went through is real. I honestly feel no more anger, and I honestly wanted to make everything perfect again. If she wanted to come back, I'd welcome her.

This is honestly supposed to be a 2-hour story, but that's the gist of it. You'll eventually realize there's better girls out there. I've found one, it's rather hard since she has a deadbeat BF. But we have fun, I'm lovin' it. You'll find someone else.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Banned

Still I feel so weak. During the day I am fine. Today when I went to publix saw this young couple shopping and it just hit me really hard. At night I am a wreck.
DUDE GET THE FUCK OFF ACURAZINE!!! jesus. go out, call up some homies, and get your fade on.

whenever i got into little "breakups" with my girl, i just smoked alot of reefer. for some reason my GF annoyed the shit out of me when i was high, so i didnt miss her anymore.

seriously dont talk to her. thats all bad because she will realize you still want her.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
ok, i tried to stay out of this thread but I can't take it anymore. I actually feel bad for you.
But, if history is any indication, you are not going to listen to anyone, you will continue to pine away for this girl...she will string you along until someone she likes come along and you will be crushed. I have seen it happen sooo many times. But, i am going to try anyway.
1) Stop talking to her. You have to go cold turkey. When the heart is involved it is just waaay to easy to get mind fucked.
2) Go have some fun. Friends, family other chicks...even better. Promiscuous sex is always great for short term pain relief. It won't solve anything, but who doesn't like sex?
3) Don't talk to her.
4) Introspection for future use. Don't use your energies trying to think what you can do to get her back. She will resist you that much more. Trust me. It is natures way. I am not saying that it isn't possible that won't get back together. But it definately isn't not going to happen now or in the near future. Forget it. The healthy stuff is to see what you (or her) have done that was stupid. And you are young...so I know there is a lot of stupid shit you did. Learn from it and don't be an ass in the future.
5)Believe in your self
6)Don't talk to her.

There is no such thing as "the one". There are people who you will meet throughout life that could be "the one". The one that is "the one" is the one (??) whom you click with and they click with you. That is the one. You get what I am saying. You pineing away for someone doesn't make them the one., it just makes you a pussy.

Sorry for the harsh words, but this is all true.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Loseit
ok, i tried to stay out of this thread but I can't take it anymore. I actually feel bad for you.
But, if history is any indication, you are not going to listen to anyone, you will continue to pine away for this girl...she will string you along until someone she likes come along and you will be crushed. I have seen it happen sooo many times. But, i am going to try anyway.
1) Stop talking to her. You have to go cold turkey. When the heart is involved it is just waaay to easy to get mind fucked.
2) Go have some fun. Friends, family other chicks...even better. Promiscuous sex is always great for short term pain relief. It won't solve anything, but who doesn't like sex?
3) Don't talk to her.
4) Introspection for future use. Don't use your energies trying to think what you can do to get her back. She will resist you that much more. Trust me. It is natures way. I am not saying that it isn't possible that won't get back together. But it definately isn't not going to happen now or in the near future. Forget it. The healthy stuff is to see what you (or her) have done that was stupid. And you are young...so I know there is a lot of stupid shit you did. Learn from it and don't be an ass in the future.
5)Believe in your self
6)Don't talk to her.

There is no such thing as "the one". There are people who you will meet throughout life that could be "the one". The one that is "the one" is the one (??) whom you click with and they click with you. That is the one. You get what I am saying. You pineing away for someone doesn't make them the one., it just makes you a pussy.

Sorry for the harsh words, but this is all true.

I am going to agree with you 100% I am going to try to avoid talking to her now. She dosnt know where our relationship stand and nor do I. So I am just gonna give her time to cool off and let her come to me. Trust me I wasnt a ass. I totally had her spoiled, she just knew how to push my buttons and then blame it on me. But still I should not have flipped out.

Again thankyou for the advice.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 AM
failhard.

Loseit's advice is pretty damn good, and I admit I'm guilty of not listening to anyone and believing the relationship could work out after a breakup. I got totally mindfucked and it made everything worse for me.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mystikk
Loseit's advice is pretty damn good, and I admit I'm guilty of not listening to anyone and believing the relationship could work out after a breakup. I got totally mindfucked and it made everything worse for me.

Yea my mind set is that everything will work out to. I guess it wont. as P Diddy said
" Time to move on, time to be strong"
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It takes time...you'll meet someone and wonder why the hell you even considered taking the last one back!!! OR...you can be like me...I went through the same thing you're going through now, but like 7 months ago...and just not care, go for the hottest girls with a ton of confidence...bang them and leave them. I can't even find a girl I wanna take to dinner or a movie....let alone date! Just remember...they're all stupid...you just have to find one with an amount of stupid you can handle! Theres a difference between lonely and being alone!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Safety Car

Today wasnt a bad day, Tommorow will be better and thursdays gonna be even better.

But I will keep everyone posted on my sistution. Probally not gonna date for awhile and improve my life, probally gonna lose that 15lbs that I gained recently.

Quick Reply: God I hate this feeling.