Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Don't make her mad, dire consequences could follow. John's story.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrandeInter10
Fuuuuuck. all this shit is making me think twice about moving in with my gf...even worse is...she's a fuckin hothead. horrible temperament
I learned at the very least have your gf move in with you. Definately be the only one on the lease...That way if shit happens, she gets the fuck out. I learned to have my own place, I will not move in with another girl like I was so stupid to do before... 5k in lawyer fees, 75% of personal belongings in the trash....Out on my ass to go move back in with my parents...7 days in jail... Think twice!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
Sorry guys, it's not about me... I thought the "John's story" and link would make that clear apparently not.

This is not my story I found it.

Thanks for caring though

LMAO I actually read the whole post thinking that this story was about you, what a waste of my time to concern myself with non-acurazine members.

I want my +rep I gave you back, lol.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception

= Mandatory arrest policy
= Pro-arrest policy
= Officer's discretion

When police find probable cause to make an arrest for alleged domestic violence, the decision to actually arrest varies by state.

Practially, this means that when violence has been alleged, an arrest of "somebody" (usually the man) is essentially required. Even if a hysterical false accuser calms down and recants her accusation, the allegation has already been made and it is now too late to prevent an arrest (and likely restraining order).

Interestingly, some states that have a clear pre-disposition to adopting feminist policies in criminal law decided against the "must arrest" approach, and instead adopted a "pro-arrest" policy. In California, for example, when a "must arrest" policy was first adopted at the beginning of the 1990s, officers were required to arrest anyone they had probable cause to suspect of doing criminal violence, including women. A 1998 study of arrests in Los Angeles revealed the effects of the "must arrest" law: When the number of arrested men doubled, the number of arrested women quadrupled with the implementation of mandatory arrest.1 In response, the state implemented the now-current "pro-arrest" policy, and men were again arrested in higher percentages.

Did women suddenly become "more peaceful" when California moved from a "must arrest" to a "pro-arrest" policy? Or is violence done by women simply denied and disregarded?

For further insight into this claim, see "Disabusing the Definition of Domestic Abuse: How Women Batter Men and the Role of the Feminist State" (page 39 in the PDF, footnote 166) by Linda Kelly, Professor of Law, Indiana University School of Law. (http://dontmakehermad.com/resources/...en/kelly03.pdf)

http://dontmakehermad.com/research/arrestpolicies/

Very Ironic to see a woman doing scholarly work about this issue.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by stic2it
I learned at the very least have your gf move in with you. Definately be the only one on the lease...That way if shit happens, she gets the fuck out. I learned to have my own place, I will not move in with another girl like I was so stupid to do before... 5k in lawyer fees, 75% of personal belongings in the trash....Out on my ass to go move back in with my parents...7 days in jail... Think twice!
fuuuuck. definitely think about it intelligently if i do it. girls can be great but man they can fuckin turn on you nasty.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Instructor

I believe you and your story, some woman are very vindictive to their core's. It's ridiculous to me and I am a woman. She told you that you were going to pay and damn it you did. I just think this is ridiculous and very childish, she took her kids father away. So what happened if you don't mind me asking? Did you all eventually divorce, what happened to the children?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Georgiapeach
I believe you and your story, some woman are very vindictive to their core's. It's ridiculous to me and I am a woman. She told you that you were going to pay and damn it you did. I just think this is ridiculous and very childish, she took her kids father away. So what happened if you don't mind me asking? Did you all eventually divorce, what happened to the children?
It's not the thread starter's own story.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,170 Likes on 685 Posts
This sounds way too familar. I dont know if any of you remember reading my thread awhile back called "so confused, drunken girlfriend had random sex" but this kinda thing happened to me except my ex was more on my side. Basically she slept with some guy, ex and I got drunk when the gators won nat' champs, we ended up at his house, i found out what happened with them, i walked home, they came after and i pushed her in the grass when she wouldnt leave me alone (is what she said, i honestly dont remember), a random witness said i was on top of her punching her in the face 30-45 seconds and tried to rape her, she was examined right there on the sidewalk by paramedics who found no marks or evidence of this and she claimed it didnt happen but i get arrested and charged with simple battery. Thank God i didnt live with her because then it would have been domestic violence which is a felony.

After over 5k in lawyer fees and 18 hours in jail i took the plea of probation for a year and plead no contest to beating her up even tho i dont believe i did and she said i didnt. She didnt even press charges and fought against them but the state continued and the prosecutor actually wannted to put me in jail for as long as she could. I quickly learned that i really was in a bad spot and there really wasnt much i could do. I had a restraining order against me the state filed for my ex but she kept calling and i was deathly afraid of answering because they said that would be jail time. I had to go to drug rehab (wasnt on drugs and dont do them), take alcohol abuse, as well as anger management. The whole thing was retard and left me with a misdem. on my once clean, even ticket free record.

Moral of the story dont mess with women, the law is on their side and they will win and can make up pretty much anything. I even learned that if there is alcohol involved and you have sex with a girl (even if you are dating her and have been) she can get you for rape despite her consent in the first place. The police i dealt with and my lawyer said they see it all the time. A girl goes to a party, goes home with a guy, wakes up going oh shit i shouldnt have done that and bame he has a rape charge. They said it is most common when the girl has a bf and rape is a good excuse for her lack of judgement. Just for the record i was raised my all women, lived with female roommates thru college and have very few guy friends so to say i must hate women really isnt true. Just my account of what happened to me, sorry for the length
Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,170 Likes on 685 Posts
sorry for the spelling mistakes i went to fix them and add the following but my five minutes expired sorry but heres what i wanted to add:

Oh on the plus side all the police were very nice except for one guy that i barely remember thinking dont call him "Farva" because he looked like the fat ass super trooper cop. Well he told me i did call him that in my drunken stuper and look at that i ended up with a black eye and his fat ass pushing me around. I was too drunk to remember the arrest but remember the next day and his fat ass.