Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…
View Poll Results: did TLD do the right thing?
hell yeah, you should never call that girl again
86.49%
no, she's shy so you should have called her again
13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

did TLD do the right thing?

Old 02-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Sometimes its good to have an outside opinion When you're too close to the situation the mind can get clouded and its hard to see things clearly. Kind of like how people can give others really good advice, but in their own situations they don't practice what they preach.
So basically he's like me. I dispense great advise, but look for outside opinions when I'm in a jam. Maybe I should call myself the Love Doctor? It just seems kind of ironic that the self-proclaimed Love Doctor has multiple threads asking for advice, and seems to ask more questions than give answers.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by TLover
So basically he's like me. I dispense great advise, but look for outside opinions when I'm in a jam. Maybe I should call myself the Love Doctor? It just seems kind of ironic that the self-proclaimed Love Doctor has multiple threads asking for advice, and seems to ask more questions than give answers.
Stop hating on TLD. I do my own thing regardless of what people tell me. I look for feedback, but I already know how I'm going to enter life's situations. This is a motherfuckin forum and if you're not here to discuss things, what the fuck are you here for? You want to call me a hypocrite because you think I can't solve my own problems? Go ahead, but if you think asking for people's opinions makes me unqualified to give advice, you're absolutely wrong. People can give or take advice all they want, it's what you do with the info that makes a difference. I'm looking for feedback, that doesn't mean I'm gonna take advice or ignore it. I make the choice, just like I offer options to those who ask me for advice so stop hating on TLD and be a more positive person because haters don't often get the girl. That's something to think about.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Batin Dean
Stop hating on TLD. I do my own thing regardless of what people tell me. I look for feedback, but I already know how I'm going to enter life's situations. This is a motherfuckin forum and if you're not here to discuss things, what the fuck are you here for? You want to call me a hypocrite because you think I can't solve my own problems? Go ahead, but if you think asking for people's opinions makes me unqualified to give advice, you're absolutely wrong. People can give or take advice all they want, it's what you do with the info that makes a difference. I'm looking for feedback, that doesn't mean I'm gonna take advice or ignore it. I make the choice, just like I offer options to those who ask me for advice so stop hating on TLD and be a more positive person because haters don't often get the girl. That's something to think about.
I'm not hatin' on you. And I'm not saying you don't give good advice or are stupid because you ask for advice. I just think it's a bit arrogant to call yourself the Love Doctor. I'll give advice and take advice on this forum, and thank everyone who helps me. But to come on this forum and call yourself the Love Doctor is a little silly.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

I'm not hatin' on you. And I'm not saying you don't give good advice or are stupid because you ask for advice. I just think it's a bit arrogant to call yourself the Love Doctor. I'll give advice and take advice on this forum, and thank everyone who helps me. But to come on this forum and call yourself the Love Doctor is a little silly.
That's the point of it, bro, it's an inside joke. I earned no degree in love therapy. We're here in the d & r section to learn from each other, that's all. Everyone here makes some sort of custom title over the av for fun. Don't be offended by the LD title, it's just for fun, nothing more.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Retired playa

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's the point of it, bro, it's an inside joke. I earned no degree in love therapy. We're here in the d & r section to learn from each other, that's all. Everyone here makes some sort of custom title over the av for fun. Don't be offended by the LD title, it's just for fun, nothing more.
My title is a fact
Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

TLover needs to get a grip. Its really not that serious. There is no point to your pickering. Batin is not going to stop calling himself TLD regardless of what you say. Your opinion is noted.

KEEP IT MOVIN'!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MisterMehoff
TLover needs to get a grip. Its really not that serious. There is no point to your pickering. Batin is not going to stop calling himself TLD regardless of what you say. Your opinion is noted.

KEEP IT MOVIN'!!!!
Actually, I think you need to get a grip. I wasn't arguing with him. I just saw the irony of the TLD having three or four concurrent threads asking for advice. And to keep it on topic: dump all these chicks you're juggling. A woman who cancels only when YOU call her is rude and inconsiderate. And don't date a woman you work with. You're just asking for trouble.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:50 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

And to keep it on topic: dump all these chicks you're juggling. A woman who cancels only when YOU call her is rude and inconsiderate. And don't date a woman you work with. You're just asking for trouble.
I work with the rude and inconsiderate woman. You're talking about just 1 girl here, right?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:55 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Originally Posted by MisterMehoff

KEEP IT MOVIN'!!!!
No worries, Mehoff, TLover just wants to release some steam. Nokio and TLover need to stop worrying about petty things and move on.

TLover, why do you say to eat, drink and be merry when you're always angry at people? Aren't you contradicting yourself? I think it's ironic that you have eat, drink, and be merry above your avatar. I'm just shocked that someone as angry as you could put that statement up.

Last edited by Batin Dean; 02-11-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:01 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

And to keep it on topic: dump all these chicks you're juggling. A woman who cancels only when YOU call her is rude and inconsiderate. And don't date a woman you work with. You're just asking for trouble.
^^^This is all we needed to know. Stop worrying about the other stuff.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:14 PM
?!?

hehe i have no worry or anger or steam or any of that like you said this is a forum for discussion and we are discussing something i have nothing against you, just ribbing you a bit

but in seriousness, if you do act extremely with her, seeing as you are in close contact at work daily, trouble might arise (probably will) so rather than just 'cut her off' make a feigned effort to meet her, but somehow always not be able to because of other plans...this way you are trying to avoid her getting the idea that one man in this universe doent like her (i hate the way they think) and causing needless issues in the workplace...cliff's notes: dont quit cold turkey, but make it seem like you care while you are in actuality slowly breaking contact

and good luck! cant live with em cant live without em

Last edited by nokio; 02-11-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Banned

I work with the rude and inconsiderate woman. You're talking about just 1 girl here, right?
Wasn't there an Irish girl that you found out has a baby and another guy? Dump her, too.

No worries, Mehoff, TLover just wants to release some steam. Nokio and TLover need to stop worrying about petty things and move on.

TLover, why do you say to eat, drink and be merry when you're always angry at people? Aren't you contradicting yourself? I think it's ironic that you have eat, drink, and be merry above your avatar. I'm just shocked that someone as angry as you could put that statement up.
Geez, I wasn't angry about it. I just found it ironic. It would be like seeing Dr. Phil on Oprah asking for advice.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:39 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Glad to see you 2 lighten up. Now isn't it better to make jokes and get along rather than debate about petty issues like a title?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
?!?

Glad to see you 2 lighten up. Now isn't it better to make jokes and get along rather than debate about petty issues like a title?

it was a joke from the moment i hit the keys
Old 02-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Banned

This from the guy who wanted to have a fight with someone for bustin' his balls a little bit on an Internet forum.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:05 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

This from the guy who wanted to have a fight with someone for bustin' his balls a little bit on an Internet forum.
You must be talking about typeskid. Type s is pissed at me because of something I can't discuss here. That's definitely more than internet related but that's a whole other story.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

You must be talking about typeskid. Type s is pissed at me because of something I can't discuss here. That's definitely more than internet related but that's a whole other story.
Cool. But seriously, though, you need to find some baggage-free women. Or at most, a woman with just a small carry-on.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:01 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

Cool. But seriously, though, you need to find some baggage-free women. Or at most, a woman with just a small carry-on.
Good advice. I'll start looking and hopefully, I'll find someone who can be good for a long term relationship.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 AM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

update

I hung out with Solange (Dominican coworker) last night to keep my word. I bought her a body splash and she gives me a "thank you". I said, this is my cue that her shyness is getting way out of line. We went to eat at a Dominican restaurant and during our conversation, she tells me how she's a good Christian and how she doesn't believe in pre-marital sex. She is a recent convert as she was previously Catholic which explains her 3 kids from before. Anyway, I have nothing against Christian girls as I too am a Christian, but I just won't date the ones who claim to have Christian family values. When I heard this speech from her about how I shouldn't go to clubs and how she's into morals and stuff, I knew I had to kill the date. I dropped her off and she asked me to call her to see if I got home safely. Imagine that, a fake good girl still playing that phone game using safety as an excuse for wanting to be called. I told her, "I'll be alright", and of course I didn't call her when I was in the "safety" of my house. I know the kind of person Solange is now, a girl with fake morals. I can respect her views on not getting busy and all, but for her to play phone games and claim to have morals, is hypocritical. Good luck to Solange, I hope she can find some sucker out there who doesn't mind chasing her, then marrying her to get a piece of ass. As for me, I feel so good right now, no more dealing with a game playing "good girl".