Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Dating an overweight girl?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Niner Faithful

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
conrats! post up pics
before and after
Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
All women are beautiful on the inside. So get inside her. It's beautiful.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by Anachostic
epic.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
You care what others thing about your relationships? Sounds like you have some self esteem issues too. Never expect to change anyone to start a relationship. She's sounds like she's not your type of person to get involved with. Move on & find someone who is. Don't waste your or her time.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,046 Posts
Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM

^i'm always remembering that quote forever.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Sorry for thread jacking..

My ex girlie friend of 2 almost 3 years just broke up with me last week.
I posted that quote in google buzz, which I had forgotten that she is still connected to me.

Originally Posted by googlebuzz
Justin
All Women are beautiful on the inside. So get inside her. It's beautiful.

ilse - all women?3:02 pm
I want to talk to her so badd, but something tells me not to reply.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
Don't pursue a relationship with her.

Only date her if you want to be with her the way she is now. It's unhealthy to think you're going to successfully change her down the road.
Yeah, sometimes weight is complicated by hormonal and endocrine issues, genetics, poor lifestyle, stress, poor eating habits, etc. She might diet all she can but have a thyroid problem or something that makes her heavier.

It's not always as easy as more exercise and healthier diet. Sometimes people eat because they are depressed, perhaps her weight follows her self-esteem and not vice-versa

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
yup. very counterproductive, and sounds like more of a chick thing to do.

girls date guys expecting them to change & guys date girls hoping they won't change.

^that is a fact.

OP, if you have any qualms with her weight...and can't get past it for whatever reasons you have, then i would forget about it and move onto the next one. be fair to her and to yourself.
Tru dat. That's why one always sees hotties with dickhead douchebags. The ignorant chick wants the challenge of turning around a bad boy.

Originally Posted by corpuszero
My estimated weight for her may be a bit off. Now I'm thinking she may be closer to the 155-160 range.
At 5'3"? Seems borderline obese. Well, she does have the pretty face going for her.

Originally Posted by MySoCalLife
If she didnt care about her weight then she would be like 50 to 100 pounds overweight. Maybe she just doesnt have time to workout, or she dont feel comfortable doing it alone and need some motivation.
My question to you is, If you got with a skinny cute girl, then 2 years down the road she gain 30 lbs, Are you going to dump her because of that? and what are you going to do.
Cause most likely, they will gain some weight and then might lose it if they exercise.
If you let this oportunity go by and a year later she lost those pounds and went from cute to Sexy hot and she got with someone you know, will you kick your own ass later for that?

Is she good at cooking? cause that one is a big plus for me, hehehe.
Yeah, being a great cook is not always conducive to weight loss LOL.

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Or he'll help her get cute, then she'll realize she can get someone better and dump him
Bwahahaha

OMG so full of win.

To the OP, I don't mind a little flesh on the bones. I tend to date borderline anorexic type chicks and they always seem a lil OCDish, prolly because they're obsessed with their body image. The worst is dating a girl with anorexia or bulimia, I've done that before and I will take a healthier woman any day of the week.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
OP - never, ever be in a relationship with the idea of who you want someone to be. Only be in a relationship with who they are. If you put conditions on why you like someone, then the relationship will likely end if those conditions change.

If she doesn't "do it" for you as she is, then I say don't start. Because if your affection for her is tied to her weight, that's not healthy for either of you.

But when (or if) you start looking for something really long term, consider this: You're better off dating your best friend even if she's 20 lbs over weight than a size 0 that is not. Of course, the physical attraction always has to be there. But it's a slipery slope to do the "I'd date her if she lost 20 lbs" thing.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Myself personally, a good personality is kind of a make or break kind of thing. I can't tell you how many times I've been burned on a hot girl with a shit personality. I'd take a meh-ish looking girl with an awesome personality over an obnoxious hot girl with a case of unwarranted self-importance to compliment her big titties.

That's just me, I guess. Not trying to be holier than thou by any means.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by surfer rick
The worst is dating a girl with anorexia or bulimia, I've done that before and I will take a healthier woman any day of the week.
Yeah I would imagine the taste of would turn me off too
Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jspagna1
Just admit it, your a chubby chaser. Nothing wrong with that.
As long as YOU like her, that's all that matters.
I like a woman with some meat on her myself.

I like a thick juicy culo but small hips...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First thing to always remember about people is this: As you get older, Looks fade and personality is what makes the quality of your life rich down the road. Don't be so shallow or close minded over something as trivial as weight. You could miss out on a wonderful person over what... 25-30 lbs? It's not like you're talking hundreds of pounds to the point that its unhealthy for her.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:59 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
those 25-30 lbs could mean the difference in being physically attracted to them for some people..

and if you're not attracted to your partner, you wont last...
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
those 25-30 lbs could mean the difference in being physically attracted to them for some people..

OP is obviously attracted to her somewhat, as he realizes she "would" be gorgeous, just has some extra weight. Not to mention he is attracted to her personality obviously. He wouldn't be questioning the thought of a relationship at all if he wasn't attracted to her in some way. He should stop worrying about what other people think tho. That's not a healthy way to live life. Sad that some people are really THAT shallow.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
The Dumb One

he's attracted to her face, but obviously that same spark isnt there with her body as a whole, otherwise he wouldnt be asking advice on how to get her slimmed down...

im with some of the others when they said if you arent happy with the whole picture at first then leave it alone.

but good luck to him anyways.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Well if anyone is that shallow that they're only semi-interested then keep it moving. It's not fair to the other person.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,170 Likes on 685 Posts
No pics yet? Maybe I'm shallow but I just couldn't do it. I hooked up with one girl that was hardly fat but like Rick, I tend to date anorexic/bulimic girls (def not a fun thing and they have major issues but look good) so she seems heavier. I could not stand seeing her ass in the morning, I wanted to

Hope it works out but I'm guessing your friends can easily tease you out of it. You are way too unsure and worried about what others say so you will probably start to ignore her and treat her like shit when your friends say anything about her weight.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stgencl
no pics yet? Maybe i'm shallow but i just couldn't do it. I hooked up with one girl that was hardly fat but like rick, i tend to date anorexic/bulimic girls (def not a fun thing and they have major issues but look good) so she seems heavier. I could not stand seeing her ass in the morning, i wanted to

Hope it works out but i'm guessing your friends can easily tease you out of it. You are way too unsure and worried about what others say so you will probably start to ignore her and treat her like shit when your friends say anything about her weight.
qft
Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by UA7_ChicK
Well if anyone is that shallow that they're only semi-interested then keep it moving. It's not fair to the other person.

And what happens when that person has a disease or injury that changes them forever? Grows old?

Fall in love with the person inside. The outside isn't forever. And the same goes for yourself, hopefully you can offer more than just your looks.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

And what happens when that person has a disease or injury that changes them forever? Grows old?

Fall in love with the person inside. The outside isn't forever. And the same goes for yourself, hopefully you can offer more than just your looks.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM
i heart latin chicks

Please tell me you are not saying that the OP is being shallow here, you can't force yourself to be attracted to somthing... Rockstar nailed it:

OP said in one of his first few posts, it has him wondering if she is sloppy and or lazy; being in good physical shape is important to him...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
Please tell me you are not saying that the OP is being shallow here, you can't force yourself to be attracted to somthing... Rockstar nailed it:

OP said in one of his first few posts, it has him wondering if she is sloppy and or lazy; being in good physical shape is important to him...
I AM saying he is being shallow. He is expressing an interest in her as a PERSON. He is worried what other people will say about her weight as well. That's shallow. He is obviously attracted to her personality but not the exterior AS MUCH as if she was skinnier. That doesn't come off as shallow to you? If not, thats unfortunate. I'm not saying he has to FORCE himself to be attracted to something. But we'll all be old, gray, wrinkly and shitting ourselves one day. Think looks will matter then?? Or personality? Think when we're all shitting ourselves or having to have people help us do EVERYTHING in life cuz we're old and losing it, that looks will matter or that we'll care what others think of the people we choose to spend our time with? Nope.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nbennettksu

If being in good physical shape is that important to him, he shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of a relationship. Is being overweight healthy? No. But there are so many factors to the situation that no one knows.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM
The Dumb One

wanting your partner to be a good person and physically attractive is not shallow.

if nobody cared what anybody looked like, we'd all be tubs of lard... people need standards...

i've been called shallow by a girl before that threw herself at me constantly in highschool..
truth is, i was an athlete, i dated athletic girls with similar interest/healthy ways of living.
i am ATTRACTED to women who are active, healthy, and in shape..

am i shallow b/c i am not drawn to chubby women? no. thats ridiculous.

i dont feel drawn physically to somebody who doesnt care enough about themselves to keep up their own appearance/heath for themselves. plain and simple.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

wanting your partner to be a good person and physically attractive is not shallow.

if nobody cared what anybody looked like, we'd all be tubs of lard... people need standards...

i've been called shallow by a girl before that threw herself at me constantly in highschool..
truth is, i was an athlete, i dated athletic girls with similar interest/healthy ways of living.
i am ATTRACTED to women who are active, healthy, and in shape..

am i shallow b/c i am not drawn to chubby women? no. thats ridiculous.

i dont feel drawn physically to somebody who doesnt care enough about themselves to keep up their own appearance/heath for themselves. plain and simple.
You're missing the point that there is more to people than just their physical appearance. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to whomever you find attractive. People aren't some sort of possession or anything to be discarded for a flaw or overlooked because they don't 100% meet your expectations. Take it for what it is. It's an opinion. Stop getting your panties in such a bunch over it.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
The Dumb One

im not upset at all.. on the contrary i like seeing other points of view..

there may be more to a person than their cocaine habit as well.. but that doesnt mean they deserve to be looked at as a potential husband/wife. (i know they arent the same im just using an example)

again, standards are needed...
could this person who is overweight be just as good of a person as her peer who is better shape? (not using health here b/c a little overweight can be perfectly healthy)
of course!

again, shallow would be more of an instance where one chooses a physically attractive man/woman with terrible personality over somebody with less physical appeal and better qualities.

but i dont believe its at all wrong to ask for both...

a bit picky? sure.. shallow... no
Old 04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
There are alots of good advice. I'm not the side of - don't try or expect her to change. In fact, what you should do is think about her gaining another 20-30lbs. Are you going to be ok with that? We all know that is the truth. She will only gain, not loose weight as life goes on.

Yes, she will gain weight. And guess what? We will loose our hair on our head, or grow hairs in our ears. So life evens out.

However, ask yourself this question too. How many people in this world are alone? Just wanting someone to share their life with? We all been single and dateless. How does that feel? Sucks big time. And we wish we had someone next to us to just share a story, or just wonder how your day went.

You been given this (potential) relationship. It's up to you.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

im not upset at all.. on the contrary i like seeing other points of view..

there may be more to a person than their cocaine habit as well.. but that doesnt mean they deserve to be looked at as a potential husband/wife. (i know they arent the same im just using an example)

again, standards are needed...
could this person who is overweight be just as good of a person as her peer who is better shape? (not using health here b/c a little overweight can be perfectly healthy)
of course!

again, shallow would be more of an instance where one chooses a physically attractive man/woman with terrible personality over somebody with less physical appeal and better qualities.

but i dont believe its at all wrong to ask for both...

a bit picky? sure.. shallow... no
LOL if saying a person needs to "deserve" being looked at as a potential ANYTHING in your life is what is normal to you, that says a lot.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
The Dumb One

personally, i think you sound bitter about something yourself...

you're dancing around my points and always going back to the whole "everyone should give everyone the same chance" and people who dont are "shallow"

a chance, shot, opportunity, are all forms of deserving something....
you're twisting my words in order to help your cause..

my basic point is simple, anyone can sympathize with.
we all have a "type" and b/c one person has a more direct type does not make them any worse of a person. its a personal preference. nothing more, nothing less.

My blunt view of things? i like to be in good health, and active.
why on gods green earth would i want to date somebody who is a lazy slob?

friends? absolutely.. but nobody is "owed" anything other than respect for who they are and what they are about..

just b/c you are nice to me doesnt mean i have to look past your obesity and love you for the "inside" sorry....

Last edited by Rockstar21; 04-21-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

personally, i think you sound bitter about something yourself...

you're dancing around my points and always going back to the whole "everyone should give everyone the same chance" and people who dont are "shallow"

a chance, shot, opportunity, are all forms of deserving something....
you're twisting my words in order to help your cause..

my basic point is simple, anyone can sympathize with.
we all have a "type" and b/c one person has a more direct type does not make them any worse of a person. its a personal preference. nothing more, nothing less.

My blunt view of things? i like to be in good health, and active.
why on gods green earth would i want to date somebody who is a lazy slob?

friends? absolutely.. but nobody is "owed" anything other than respect for who they are and what they are about..

just b/c you are nice to me doesnt mean i have to look past your obesity and love you for the "inside" sorry....
LOL I'm not bitter about a single thing. You have your view, I have mine. Like I said, stop getting your panties in a twist over it. I don't think myself above anyone that I need people to "deserve" anything from me. But hey... it's an opinion. We all have one.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 AM
The Dumb One

i'll take it.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:45 AM

Interesting discussion.

There are two things going on here that I think need to be discussed seperately: why you start seeing someone, and why you stay with someone.

You start seeing someone because they initially caught your eye as being phsyically attrative, and maybe you went on to get to know them and determined there was a enough compatability/interest beyond the physical to start a relationship. I don't think any of that is being shallow.

Initially you might stay with someone for the same reasons. However we all know that over time the physical side will change. Here is where its important to know why you are really staying with someone. If the why is tied to how attractive they are to you, then you set yourself up for all kinds of problems. What if they get sick? What if they gain weight? What if they get in some kind of accident? Even without something unusual, time will take care of making us all old and wrinkled. Ultimately, you stay because of who someone is, not because of what they look like.

I think its asking too much for a 20 year old to take the long view and start a relationship with someone who is only marginally attractive to them, even if she has a perfect personality. But its also very important to understand that over time, you need to adjust the value you put on looks and understand that ultimately who they are, not what they look like, is what will sustain a long term relationship.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

See this is what I'm saying tho. There is NOTHING wrong with someone catching your eye because they are physically attractive to you. Never ever did I say that's wrong or shallow. But to discard someone because of what your friends or family may say? Or to place SO much importance on weight like that??? I disagree... But everyone is different so... to each his own.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM

See this is what I'm saying tho. There is NOTHING wrong with someone catching your eye because they are physically attractive to you. Never ever did I say that's wrong or shallow. But to discard someone because of what your friends or family may say? Or to place SO much importance on weight like that??? I disagree... But everyone is different so... to each his own.
I think your final comment there is right on - to each his own. Everyone is different. Some people have a very strong emotional tie to what friends and family think. I don't always understand it, but they do. I think it's unfortunate that someone would be "teased" out of dating someone they liked. Then again, valuing your friends opinion over your own feelings toward someone is a larger issue in general.

As for the topic at hand, weight is a funny thing. Lots of people are turned on by a few pounds or lareger body styles. Some are not. There are a list of things that I would pass on (if I were single) regardless of how good the other things were.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 AM
i heart latin chicks

You're missing the point that there is more to people than just their physical appearance. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to whomever you find attractive. People aren't some sort of possession or anything to be discarded for a flaw or overlooked because they don't 100% meet your expectations. Take it for what it is. It's an opinion. Stop getting your panties in such a bunch over it.
I don't think he is missing the point, I think you are taking a personal intrest
Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Lead by example. Live a healthy lifestyle and she'll pick up on it too.
You don't change people, just like this IMO
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Saintor
You don't change people, just like this IMO
I think leading by example can influence someone, but I think it comes back to motivation.

I exercise regularly, and my wife did not initially. Early in our marriage, she picked it up because I was doing it. But it only lasted a few years, then she stopped. I didn't fault her for that, because I was placing no expectation on her. I was happy for her when she did, but I didn't make an issue of it when she stopped.

Quick Reply: Dating an overweight girl?