Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

99 problems and a chick is one

Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 AM
CRL
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 problems and a chick is one

::sigh::

There's this chick at work (Very good smile, nice body, girly attitude) that has had a crush on me since my first day of work (i've been there for 5 months now) but I didnt like her (not my type). She was too shy to tell me that she liked me so she got one of the coworkers to ask me if I had or wanted a girlfriend and i said no. The coworker went back and told her what I said but then the coworker came back and asked for my number so she could give it to the chick that liked me so I did. She used to call me almost everyday and about 90% of the time I'd just let the phone ring or tell my sister to tell her that i wasnt there. When were at work she holds my arm, gives me love taps, stares at me, and other things that a couple would do and to this day I've never hugged, kissed, or did anything "romantic" to her. She even told ALL OF THE COWORKERS that her and I were a couple. I didnt like that at all but I went along with it just to keep things moving smoothly. They would say, "Dude, you gf was looking for you." and I would just smile and continue working.

For the past 3-4 weeks she hasnt called me but continued to do those things mentioned above when im at work. But 2 days ago, one of the coworkers told me that she had quit so she could go to college because she doesnt have a car, the school is far away, she had to move in with her grandma because it was close to the school. She did this out of the clear blue without even telling me. (I think i heard her say something about college a few days ago but I wasnt listening)

Now, im pissed. I can't eat, sleep, or do anything without thinking about her. I dunno wtf is wrong with me, this is the first time I've ever behaved this way about a chick. Im a very tough-layed back-confident guy and I think I could get ANY chick if I really tried but this chick just broke me down to a little bitch and I didnt see it coming. I can't believe this shit. Why am I behaving like this? I feel like crying. Am I in love? WTF should I do.

Thank you,
CRL
Old 08-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
You lived off the attention and now that you don't have it, you crave it again. It wasn't her that you necessarily are thinking about, its the attention you got from her that you are thinking about.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:40 AM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by cTLgo
You lived off the attention and now that you don't have it, you crave it again. It wasn't her that you necessarily are thinking about, its the attention you got from her that you are thinking about.
I agree with this statement 100%. Also, could you possibly be feeling guilty for not paying attention to her??
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

I mad you didnt get any after all that. You are just suffering from the lack of Attention. AW
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you don't have a number to call her at?

It could be the attention, but it could be her that you miss. That's really something for you to figure out. Did you ever hang out away from work?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Luke 1:37

at this thread

That's what you get!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Interesting first post I must say
Old 08-24-2005, 09:51 AM
likes it raw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She sounds crazy, you sound desperate, and this whole thing sounds retarded. Get over it/her/whatever.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyCarter
She sounds crazy, you sound desperate, and this whole thing sounds retarded. Get over it/her/whatever.
Is there a "You Hit the Nail Right on the Head" smiley?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Suzuka Master

You said you didn't like her, you repeatedly ignored her, didn't care about her advances, you are obviously disinterested in her. But you crave the attention. So realize that and find someone else that you actually like to give you attention.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
As Adrienne would say, Karma is a bitch, bitch!

But seriously, you need to figure out, like others have said, whether it's HER or THE ATTENTION that you miss.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
You just miss the attention. Give it a few weeks and the memory will just fade.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:17 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ya, but, come on... not being able to eat and sleep because you miss some attention?!

I think he developed feelings BEYOND just attention and he should call her up and see if she wants to hang out, especially now considering she doesn't work with him anymore. Give it a shot.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:38 PM
CRL
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cTLgo
But I got attention from the other chicks at work (not as much) and some of them quit and i didnt feel this way about them.

Originally Posted by btsilver
I mad you didnt get any after all that. You are just suffering from the lack of Attention.
Dude, I think she wanted sex and even talked about stripping for me if I take her out but at the time I was getting sex from other chicks and I really didnt care. Now, I can't even have sex with those chicks without thinking about her. About 5 hours before posting this I was planning on going to this chick's house (I go there once a week for sex) and I didnt even want it because all I could think about was "her" (Joyceln).

I do feel kinda guilty about it because guys would hit on her and she'd give them the cold shoulder and just come to me like we were married or something. Plus her dad walked out on her when she was born and her mom has a serious mental problem so she raised by her aunt and stuff.

I don't even want to go back to work anymore.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
CRL
4th Gear

Originally Posted by amisconception
Ya, but, come on... not being able to eat and sleep because you miss some attention?!

I think he developed feelings BEYOND just attention and he should call her up and see if she wants to hang out, especially now considering she doesn't work with him anymore. Give it a shot.
I had the number to the place that she was living at before she moved in with her grandma but I don't know the number to where she lives now. But WHEN i get it I will do.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Corpretty

Originally Posted by CRL
Plus her dad walked out on her when she was born and her mom has a serious mental problem so she raised by her aunt and stuff.
UH OH!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,663 Likes on 13,899 Posts
Weird. A guy joins a forum about Acura cars and his first post is about relationships.

But, back OT, , , and to cTLgo's comment.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:27 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by CRL
But I got attention from the other chicks at work (not as much) and some of them quit and i didnt feel this way about them.

Dude, I think she wanted sex and even talked about stripping for me if I take her out but at the time I was getting sex from other chicks and I really didnt care. Now, I can't even have sex with those chicks without thinking about her. About 5 hours before posting this I was planning on going to this chick's house (I go there once a week for sex) and I didnt even want it because all I could think about was "her" (Joyceln).

I do feel kinda guilty about it because guys would hit on her and she'd give them the cold shoulder and just come to me like we were married or something. Plus her dad walked out on her when she was born and her mom has a serious mental problem so she raised by her aunt and stuff.

I don't even want to go back to work anymore.
... Wow. Get over it. Or get some professional help.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
... Wow. Get over it.

And get over yourself.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:37 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Call her, go out, see if there's anything there outside of work.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:58 PM
checkmate...

At first, it sounded like this "girl" was named Alicia, Alicia Silverstone. And the situation seemed reminiscent of a certain B-rated movie, namely "The Crush". Anyone remember that movie, or even watched it?

At least she wasn't psycho-obsessed with you, that would be scary. Ahh, but now the tables have turned, eh? She played you for a fool. Now she's gone, and you feel psycho-obsessed over her.

By the way, does the 'C' in CRL stand for Cary, as in Cary Elwes?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

sounds like she's not the only one that could use some "help."
Old 08-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Tell her that you love her and run towards her to inspirational music in the background.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 AM
CRL
4th Gear

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
Tell her that you love her and run towards her to inspirational music in the background.
^^lol

Im not a crazy obsessed type of guy or anything but I've never felt this way about a chick before. I had a couple girlfriends before but I didnt love them, I treated them like sh!t and just used them for sex...why? Because I was raised by a bunch of beer drinking-pot smoking-fuck a bitch-punk-thug-slap you in the face for no reason type of guys. But this chick makes me want to quit my job, it sucks. Its almost like im the bitch now.

I'll go to the club on fri & sat and try to forget about this but i know as soon as I go back to work its going to come back.

Last edited by CRL; 08-25-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Originally Posted by CRL
Plus her dad walked out on her when she was born and her mom has a serious mental problem so she raised by her aunt and stuff.

This a sign. Stay away from this one. This is not UPS damaged goods, this is hit by a train damaged. You're first instinct was correct in not getting involved. let it blow over. Man I'm sure you're a normal guy and all, you're just phased cause you've never been in this situation before. Forget about it, it can only be problems.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:30 AM
Who Dis Is?

Shit man, if you're the hit-and-run type then don't go anywhere near this girl. If you're willing to get into a relationship with a fragile girl like that without any experience with a "true" girlfriend it will blow up in your face. A chick like this is good in many ways, but I can guarantee she's a leech. If you're devoted enough to spending a lot of time with her, then do it.