Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

2nd date ideas...

Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
Why so many haters? All you did was give advice in this thread!

I've read many posts/threads by Dark and I don't see why people get so irritated by his advice/responses? Maybe it's because I have the same way of thinking when it comes to this great game, either way he said nothing harsh, or out of context here.
It's called jealousy and envy...depending on where you are on the evolution chain, it's just natural to hate the rich getting richer, the strong getting stronger, and the smooth getting smoother...but I take it in stride...every lion must have jackals...

As for the OP, yes, I did honestly feel the advice I gave him was spot on, and so was some of the others...but if his girl wants to go ice skating and that will allow them to have a good time and get to know each other, I'm all for it! Good luck OP!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by surfer rick
Bicycling through stanley park is a great idea. Or go visit the museum by UBC with the native american art, that place is pretty cool. Then you can hit up granville or youngstown if the date is going well.

If she's athletic how about a day snowboarding? Whistler is only couple hours away. Of course, if you're gonna spend the whole day nursing her while she's crying from falling on her ass then the above ideas sound a lot more appealing.
Snowboarding/Skiing FTW!!! if Whistler/Blackcomb is indeed really close that place is awesome!!! You got time to talk, be yourselves and when you two are tired and need food there's the cozy fire in the ski lodge that you can sit by.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ half way through writing this i realized you can make it a weekend thing if its a couple hours away, but then also realized its only the 2nd date
Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
Why so many haters? All you did was give advice in this thread!

I've read many posts/threads by Dark and I don't see why people get so irritated by his advice/responses? Maybe it's because I have the same way of thinking when it comes to this great game, either way he said nothing harsh, or out of context here.

I laugh at most guys on dates, or trying to pick up on chicks because they lack the knowledge and skills that are shared here by the guys/girls that have experience. You can tell a lot about how a girl/woman feels about the guy she is with if you watch close.

If you don't like the advice given here don't take it move on and keep trying the "Hey you look familiar" pickup lines or cliche movie dates where you get to sit silently next to each other for 1.5hrs.

OP it's been a while since you dated so don't feel strange for asking here. There were a few good and a few not so good ideas. I would stick with something fun and interactive for the first few dates. I would wait for the ice skating as well. Maybe by the 3rd date you can stay in and make her dinner followed by a movie depending on how comfortable the two of you are. Always think 2 steps ahead and you will be fine.
I wasn't going to respond to Dark, because he's resorted to inflammatory insults with no basis in fact. If it makes him feel better to cling to his misconceptions about me, he's welcome to them.

However, because I feel you misconstrue my objections, and I have nothing against you, please allow me to clarify. It wasn't his advice I was opposed to. Sometimes I disagree with him, but sometimes it's decent, even good advice, even from a woman's perspective.

And even if it's terrible advice from a woman's perspective, I wouldn't expect a man to object if it's advice that will lead to a quick "fuck," regardless of future intent, so I can even see why men so often applaud him. (Usually the younger ones with less experience with lasting relationships, but let's be honest - that's often the goal. No harm, no foul.)

My objection is to the swaggering "don't listen to that bitch/tool (take your pick) THIS is the way it's done" way of countering someone else's opinion. Those calling me a drama queen - get fucking real - it's not like his treatment of Sasha's suggestion sent me reeling, it's just that his arrogance is constant. If I disagree with a suggestion, I'll say so, but with some fucking respect. I'm not going to say something is "fucking weak" or whatever he says. And please, small minds, don't cling to just this one example. It's a chronic, pervasive attitude in many, many threads. It just gets old.

Anyhoo, I'm done. If no one cares about clarification, don't fucking read it.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by wndrlst
I wasn't going to respond to Dark, because he's resorted to inflammatory insults with no basis in fact. If it makes him feel better to cling to his misconceptions about me, he's welcome to them.

However, because I feel you misconstrue my objections, and I have nothing against you, please allow me to clarify. It wasn't his advice I was opposed to. Sometimes I disagree with him, but sometimes it's decent, even good advice, even from a woman's perspective.

And even if it's terrible advice from a woman's perspective, I wouldn't expect a man to object if it's advice that will lead to a quick "fuck," regardless of future intent, so I can even see why men so often applaud him. (Usually the younger ones with less experience with lasting relationships, but let's be honest - that's often the goal. No harm, no foul.)

My objection is to the swaggering "don't listen to that bitch/tool (take your pick) THIS is the way it's done" way of countering someone else's opinion. Those calling me a drama queen - get fucking real - it's not like his treatment of Sasha's suggestion sent me reeling, it's just that his arrogance is constant. If I disagree with a suggestion, I'll say so, but with some fucking respect. I'm not going to say something is "fucking weak" or whatever he says. And please, small minds, don't cling to just this one example. It's a chronic, pervasive attitude in many, many threads. It just gets old.

Astraud...is that you?...what have you done to wndrlst?...oh, it is wndrlst...typical wndrlst at that...

You have to have people agree with you to validate your insults and your whining, even to the point of belittling anyone who agrees with me (how pathetic is that?)...you are indeed a drama queen...and as someone pointed out in another thread (to the woman you chose to imitate): "why do you answer him"?...keep your pantyhose on "J. Crew"...decrease the rage and just turn the page...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Oh yeah and....

WWWAAAAHHHHH!!! bitch, bitch, bitch...

WAAAAHHH...people like Dark....WAAAHHH...people think I'm a drama queen...WAAAHHHHHH...Dark doesn't like my weak ass suggestions...WAAAAHHH....only young, stupid people with no love life think Dark has good advice...well, just WAAAAHHH!!!!...that's better...

Last edited by darksom1; 02-13-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by einsatz
Watch out... she'll take you to a motel and next thing you know, your caravan is missing its wheels.
Nah, don't need the wheels, but if you got any cute kids I can sell..........

Good luck, OP.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
My type of lady.

Thanks Doop, and good job Terry!

Put those together, the nice fun and the not so nice fun, and we may have a winner!!!!!

Just don't forget to have a sense of humor!!!!! A lot of people forget that part. Life's too short..................... and most of it's funny anyway.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike
I'd put more weight to the input from women than men on this topic. They should have a better idea of what women would enjoy on a second date.
Please, women don't date women, they have no fucking clue.

Ask men who are successful with women, THEY KNOW.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
werd

Originally Posted by ray-ban
Nice work ladies and fella's..

The ice skating has been mentioned numerous times by others as well so I'm definitely giving it a thought. I'm not too worried about falling down, since I play hockey, so I'm okay there. Unfortunatley, I have to fly at night so I cant make the night last.

I also considered the aquarium and maybe just going out for sushi afterwards.

I still have a week, and I'm probably making more of a big deal about it that it should be, but I'm going to let the more sensitive side of me take over when I say this, but I think this girl is a keeper and I'd actually like it to work out. She's very much my type, so I'd like to play this one smart.

Thanks for the input so far guys and girls!
The problem I see here is much more critical to your success with women than this one woman, or this one date.

Your problem is that you have a scarcity mentality. You don't date often enough to not give a damn if this succeeds or not. You may not be aware of it, but that desperation is visible to attractive, smart girls. They may not communicate it, but you give off subtle cues.

What I would recommend is that you relax, do something you enjoy doing, and invite her along for the ride. That way, you can at least feel comfortable and not so worried about screwing this up.

Also, this notion that she's a good girl and you want to do something "good girl-esque" is bullshit. Believe me, if she's heterosexual, she'll want her pussy rubbed and your dick deep inside her. Don't be afraid of your sexuality, she wants it. She wants to feel like she makes your dick hard, or is capable of it. She won't tell you this of course, because you'd probably be like a lot of dumb guys who would call her a slut and shame her from expressing that side of herself. The longer you wait to grab a titty, suck her neck, or grab her ass, the closer you are to getting a "let's just be friends" rejection. Embrace your masculinity.

It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, always.

Last edited by amisconception; 02-13-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
Please, women don't date women, they have no fucking clue.

Ask men who are successful with women, THEY KNOW.
So if a woman asks her male friends’ opinion about what a guy might like on a date and a lot of them suggest giving a nice bj after watching football and making some steak for dinner, we shouldn’t pay more attention to the advice because guys don’t date other guys and they have no fucking clue?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
werd

Originally Posted by sasha
So if a woman asks her male friends’ opinion about what a guy might like on a date and a lot of them suggest giving a nice bj after watching football and making some steak for dinner, we shouldn’t pay more attention to the advice because guys don’t date other guys and they have no fucking clue?
Apples and Oranges.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
The problem I see here is much more critical to your success with women than this one woman, or this one date.

Your problem is that you have a scarcity mentality. You don't date often enough to not give a damn if this succeeds or not. You may not be aware of it, but that desperation is visible to attractive, smart girls. They may not communicate it, but you give off subtle cues.

What I would recommend is that you relax, do something you enjoy doing, and invite her along for the ride. That way, you can at least feel comfortable and not so worried about screwing this up.

Also, this notion that she's a good girl and you want to do something "good girl-esque" is bullshit. Believe me, if she's heterosexual, she'll want her pussy rubbed and your dick deep inside her. Don't be afraid of your sexuality, she wants it. She wants to feel like she makes your dick hard, or is capable of it. She won't tell you this of course, because you'd probably be like a lot of dumb guys who would call her a slut and shame her from expressing that side of herself. The longer you wait to grab a titty, suck her neck, or grab her ass, the closer you are to getting a "let's just be friends" rejection. Embrace your masculinity.

Confidence is the ultimate aphrodisiac. If you were dating 2 other girls simultaneously, the importance of this 2nd date would be less disconcerting and prolly go a lot smoother. Don't try too hard, it often suggests an aura of desperation although unintentional.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

Big FUCKING
Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm lost..

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmm interesting advice, although, I have dated plenty of times before, the only difference being that those dates were with girls I was friends with beforehand, so there was no need for courting really because the attraction was already there, and the rest was no different than when we were friends.

This girl, I never got the chance to become her friend first, and I'm trying to avoid that road. Reason I give a damn about this one is because the potential to go the distance with this girl is there. Something I don't always see right away with other girls I've dated.

Anyways fellas, thanks for the

We're goin to the aquarium and then a boat cruise dinner. Unfortunately I have to work later at night .
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Mmm interesting advice, although, I have dated plenty of times before, the only difference being that those dates were with girls I was friends with beforehand, so there was no need for courting really because the attraction was already there, and the rest was no different than when we were friends.

This girl, I never got the chance to become her friend first, and I'm trying to avoid that road. Reason I give a damn about this one is because the potential to go the distance with this girl is there. Something I don't always see right away with other girls I've dated.

Anyways fellas, thanks for the

We're goin to the aquarium and then a boat cruise dinner. Unfortunately I have to work later at night .
Sounds good. All the best!

Terry
Old 02-13-2009, 05:56 PM
werd

I disagree. Most of the time, when you pursue a girl within the frame of friendship, your power is vastly diminished. You don't come from a position of masculine strength (AKA, you go after what you want). A genuine "friendship" for a guy who is attracted to a woman is practically impossible. The fact that you don't do any cold-approaches, and ask random girls for numbers, or court a girl on a non-platonic level, indicates to me that you have a high-level fear of rejection.

The fear of rejection is single handedly the most powerful demotivator for men. We create buffers and delude ourselves into believing something we're not embarrassed to admit. Some of those buffers include accepting long-distance relationships, skewing your own personal preference towards cougars or "thick" girls (because they're easier), or in your case, approaching a woman from a non-offensive and disingenuous "friend" role.

Let's also not forget how common women spew that garbage advice of being friend's first - a common mistake, taking a woman's advice to heart. Women don't want friends, they want strong men who aren't afraid of getting what they want.

Well I'm not sure how you know that you could "go the distance" with this girl. Could it possibly be that she's showing you a lot of interest? Are you shooting an arrow and then drawing a circle around it and calling it a bullseye? Or are you aiming for the bullseye? There's a big difference, and ultimately, not only will you be happier with the quality of women in your life these principles, they'll find you much more attractive. A man that knows what he wants, understands his boundaries, and goes after what he wants, is infinitely more attractive than one who doesn't.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Originally Posted by darksom1
Astraud...is that you?...what have you done to wndrlst?...oh, it is wndrlst...typical wndrlst at that...

You have to have people agree with you to validate your insults and your whining, even to the point of belittling anyone who agrees with me (how pathetic is that?)...you are indeed a drama queen...and as someone pointed out in another thread (to the woman you chose to imitate): "why do you answer him"?...keep your pantyhose on "J. Crew"...decrease the rage and just turn the page...
Oh yeah and....

WAAAAHHH...people like Dark....WAAAHHH...people think I'm a drama queen...WAAAHHHHHH...Dark doesn't like my weak ass suggestions...WAAAAHHH....only young, stupid people with no love life think Dark has good advice...well, just WAAAAHHH!!!!...that's better...
Once again, you either fail at reading comprehension, or you are deliberately choosing to create drama that isn't there. Who's the drama queen here??? Who have I belittled? Anyone baking with half a cup of brain and a dash of reason can see the point I'm making versus the ones you're blatantly inventing.

I give a rat's ass if my own friends agree with me, much less complete strangers on the internet. Please. I'm far too opinionated for that. If I'm to be castigated for one of my opinions, however, it ought to be an opinion I've actually expressed, thus my clarification.

(See how that works? I addressed points you actually made, rather than spinning off into lala land. It's not that difficult.)

But please, continue the juvenile theatrics and impressively large fonts. They make my point more clearly than I ever could, and demonstrate your true character perfectly. I'm less than impressed.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Earth-bound misfit

OP - I apologize for the sideline conversation.

Your choice of aquarium and dinner cruise sounds lovely. Best of luck to you!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
OP - I apologize for the sideline conversation.

Your choice of aquarium and dinner cruise sounds lovely. Best of luck to you!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Once again, you either fail at reading comprehension, or you are deliberately choosing to create drama that isn't there. Who's the drama queen here??? Who have I belittled? Anyone baking with half a cup of brain and a dash of reason can see the point I'm making versus the ones you're blatantly inventing.

I give a rat's ass if my own friends agree with me, much less complete strangers on the internet. Please. I'm far too opinionated for that. If I'm to be castigated for one of my opinions, however, it ought to be an opinion I've actually expressed, thus my clarification.

(See how that works? I addressed points you actually made, rather than spinning off into lala land. It's not that difficult.)

But please, continue the juvenile theatrics and impressively large fonts. They make my point more clearly than I ever could, and demonstrate your true character perfectly. I'm less than impressed.
You again? What do I have to admit to in order to stop this incessant whining...there are only a handful of you that do it and you know who you are...press pause dammit!

Besides, you mean you proved my point by that bitch session you did earlier. But I like that...Not good to let me know I get under your skin like that...no, no...just not good...lol...besides, you know you aren't going to change me with these rants...I'm still gonna see you for the whiny, bitchy chick you are, and I'm still gonna be the arrogant fuck who dont give a fuck about your whining...so what's the point of your bitching?...there is no clarity, and no one gives a fuck if your feelings got hurt...we cool?

And for the record, I have never called you a bitch or tool...and if I did...fuck it, I was right...

So chill...even a bitchy person like you is about to get fucked in a few hours...oh the horror...lol...j/k "J. Crew"...

Peace2fingaz!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
You again? What do I have to admit to in order to stop this incessant whining...there are only a handful of you that do it and you know who you are...press pause dammit!

Besides, you mean you proved my point by that bitch session you did earlier. But I like that...Not good to let me know I get under your skin like that...no, no...just not good...lol...besides, you know you aren't going to change me with these rants...I'm still gonna see you for the whiny, bitchy chick you are, and I'm still gonna be the arrogant fuck who dont give a fuck about your whining...so what's the point of your bitching?...there is no clarity, and no one gives a fuck if your feelings got hurt...we cool?

And for the record, I have never called you a bitch or tool...and if I did...fuck it, I was right...

So chill...even a bitchy person like you is about to get fucked in a few hours...oh the horror...lol...j/k "J. Crew"...

Peace2fingaz!
I wouldn't think anyone else really considers wndrlst to be a "whiny, bitchy chick", and I'm certainly sure her feelings weren't at all "hurt" by your comments. She doesn't really seem the type to be overly concerned by someone such as yourself who obviously has to mask his own very apparent inadequacies by mocking those who don't agree with him.

This is an open forum and any of us are free to offer opinions if asked, including yourself. You, however, seem intent to pass judgement if you don't agree with the thoughts and opinions of others. Lighten up, you're not really all that deep or profound.

Terry

Last edited by teranfon; 02-13-2009 at 11:18 PM.