Notices
Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PS4: Bloodborne

 
Old 06-27-2016, 01:49 PM
  #201  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Yeah because you never know. Plus I swapped armor to bolt defense. I think armor is underrated in this game for certain affects like frenzy and poison. The level 200 pros call it Fashionborne, but they help
That thing is also vulnerable to poison...so, next time, huck one at him and then watch it drain his energy down a bit. If it's the same monster as the liar in the woods, then for sure, a poison dagger would work.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 06-27-2016, 01:53 PM
  #202  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Yeah I liked watching Loran beasts getting frenzied to death in Nightmare of Menesis stage. Except when they were frenzying me too
Doom878 is offline  
Old 06-27-2016, 02:16 PM
  #203  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Yeah I liked watching Loran beasts getting frenzied to death in Nightmare of Menesis stage. Except when they were frenzying me too
Well, FWIW, you have gone farther in the dungeons than me. I did not fight that beast yet. If anything, I may replay the entire campaign just so that I can save Eileen. Goddamn, I need to take 5 months off and just do nothing but game.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 06-27-2016, 02:17 PM
  #204  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
I bought BlazBlue and Astebreed for dirt cheap yesterday off of PSN...well, the former was 70% off. The shooter was regular priced at $20CAD. Not bad for a shooter-game with robots. Pew pew.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 AM
  #205  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
I managed to save Eileen but she took some hits. We killed Henryk really easily but I think I was level 130. I guess I'm done with her quest

You should definitely just jump back in and hit the dungeons. So worth it just for the cool boss fights. I'm halfway through the Defiled Pthumerian Dungeon (half of your energy is missing) but took out 2/3 bosses. I had to post this fight below because this was one of the best parry using boss fights I ever did and very quick. Prior to this fight he beat me a good 10x in a row so I was very surprised. Once he used fire paper in his blade, he was too powerful even with fire def rune and armor. So I shot his ass to prevent that

Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 AM
  #206  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
It's time for DLC!!! I already bought it and acquired the item to safely transport there. Ran through the Dungeons. The level design is pretty repetitive but the bosses are sooooooooo fun. Here's the last boss that I don't know how so many struggle against. I took her out first go but I'm like level 171

Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
  #207  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Hory chit...you finished the dungeons?!?!??

Dayum, Doomie...you are now the Master!




Teacher step aside for student!

Congrats!
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
  #208  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
How did you acquire all the materials to get to where you needed? Are they all available in the dungeons? And really dumb question: There are numerous altars to get to the dungeons...Did you need to clear ALL those altars to get the Queen?

Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
  #209  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
And did you get any crazy variants of the weapons like an uber-Ludwig Blade?
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 01:12 PM
  #210  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Hory chit...you finished the dungeons?!?!??

Dayum, Doomie...you are now the Master!




Teacher step aside for student!

Congrats!
Thanks again for all your help! I'm sure you'd have succeeded but I think at the moment your schedule is crazier than mine.

Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
How did you acquire all the materials to get to where you needed? Are they all available in the dungeons? And really dumb question: There are numerous altars to get to the dungeons...Did you need to clear ALL those altars to get the Queen?
Ok each dungeon has like a bonus section with different chalice ingredients. However in the main game are the actual chalices you need and some ingredients. The only ingredient I had to farm were Ritual Bloods (4), 4 meaning the type. However more non-standard bosses like BSB, Amygdala, etc. have these items. Check your inventory as you might have them already. The Prima guide that I got in my Google Docs was SUPER helpful. It showed me exactly which ingredients I needed for each dungeon. And yeah you have to get a certain chalice to get into the chalice with the Queen which is in the chalice before that. They basically set it up where you have an order to do the dungeons in.

Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
And did you get any crazy variants of the weapons like an uber-Ludwig Blade?
There is a set of standard Chalice Dungeons that have a fixed map for everyone. Each of them have 3 layers with 3 bosses for each layer and the map never changes but there are no weapons. However you'll get some good rubies especially if you kill those little ball dudes (Wandering Nightmare?) that disappear if untouched. The uber-variants you need PS+ and need to visit the variable "Root" Chalice version of the Dungeon. See below the map. Really helpful to understand the difference between the dungeons and how to get there. However it doesn't the show the order. For advice I say don't do the Root version until you beat the Queen. The Root version's map and bosses change. Plus if you can enter the write glyph code, there's a table showing where you are more likely to acquire a more powerful Ludwig Blade via enemy drop. It's pretty complicated but let me know if I can explain more. I love talking about this game


Last edited by Doom878; 07-08-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Doom878 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 01:33 PM
  #211  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Thanks, Doomie.

I need to review my facts on the dungeons. The only reason I went into the initial batch of dungeons was my curiosity and two, my neurotic need to level up to near-God before I fought the end boss. I just know that I went to the FIRST chalice tombstone and just kept going down and down and down.

I did not place a cup on any of the other tombstones. And that's where I'm beginning to be fuzzy. So, you're saying that at some point, the FIRST tombstone I'm at...it will complete. So, I deactivate that dungeon and place another cup on the 2nd tombstone and go explore in there?

Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 02:17 PM
  #212  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
You have 6 tombstones in the Dream to use for a dungeon. Sadly there are more than 6 so yeah you'll have to remove the dungeon and put the one you hadn't done yet. For example: your 6 tombstones all contain different dungeons. You want to go to a new dungeon that's next in your quest. You select "Remove Chalice" from one of the dungeons and then make another Chalice Dungeon in that spot with the materials required. There are certain dungeons you shouldn't remove because it's a good place to farm certain ingredients. I'll tell you more on that when you start again and progress. You don't need to deactivate aka Remove the dungeon until you need to create a new one. Honestly there are probably 2 different dungeons I had to go back to for materials. Since I beat all the bosses and used the guide I had enough ingredients.
Doom878 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 02:21 PM
  #213  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
You have 6 tombstones in the Dream to use for a dungeon. Sadly there are more than 6 so yeah you'll have to remove the dungeon and put the one you hadn't done yet. For example: your 6 tombstones all contain different dungeons. You want to go to a new dungeon that's next in your quest. You select "Remove Chalice" from one of the dungeons and then make another Chalice Dungeon in that spot with the materials required. There are certain dungeons you shouldn't remove because it's a good place to farm certain ingredients. I'll tell you more on that when you start again and progress. You don't need to deactivate aka Remove the dungeon until you need to create a new one. Honestly there are probably 2 different dungeons I had to go back to for materials. Since I beat all the bosses and used the guide I had enough ingredients.
LOL...k, thank, bud. I am not sure when I'll re-start playing this game...but, yeah...I'll be sure to ask then...I have a feeling this game will fall by the wayside. I recently scored Astebreed and BlazBlue for cheap on the PS store...this is now on top of what I need to finish in MGS5 AND get started in Batman Arkham...

THEN...gotta get going on Uncharted 4. I also have Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 (WOOHOO!!!!) bought for the PC.

Fawk...I have no time. Thank goodness most of the key sports things are done for awhile.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 AM
  #214  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Only 2 months till football season . BTW did the DLC this weekend. GOOD FUCKING LORD THAT'S HARD!!!!!!!!!! 4 bosses + one optional. I did the optional one second and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that was easily the hardest boss in the game. Granted I'm NG+ but I'm pretty sure you'll be NG+ if you ever go for it and it does make the DLC harder. The levels are already very challenging. The weapons are pretty fucking cool too. The bloodletter is a giant mace that may be faster than the Ludwig blade but bigger (not sure strength since my LHB is +10) and everytime you change it you hurt yourself and....let out blood I'm on the last boss now who is super fast and super challenging. After about an hour and change of trying last night I could not beat him. However some credit him and maybe the optional boss harder than any boss in the main game. But I haven't fought many bosses in NG+. I'm sure Logarious and Ebrietas want a piece of that title. FYI my endgame I think will be beating this last boss for the DLC.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-11-2016, 12:18 PM
  #215  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Only 2 months till football season . BTW did the DLC this weekend. GOOD FUCKING LORD THAT'S HARD!!!!!!!!!! 4 bosses + one optional. I did the optional one second and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that was easily the hardest boss in the game. Granted I'm NG+ but I'm pretty sure you'll be NG+ if you ever go for it and it does make the DLC harder. The levels are already very challenging. The weapons are pretty fucking cool too. The bloodletter is a giant mace that may be faster than the Ludwig blade but bigger (not sure strength since my LHB is +10) and everytime you change it you hurt yourself and....let out blood I'm on the last boss now who is super fast and super challenging. After about an hour and change of trying last night I could not beat him. However some credit him and maybe the optional boss harder than any boss in the main game. But I haven't fought many bosses in NG+. I'm sure Logarious and Ebrietas want a piece of that title. FYI my endgame I think will be beating this last boss for the DLC.
Pffft...fuuuball is dead to me. Bears fan, remember?

And good on you taking this game farther. I'm did some MGS5 playing over the last few days and just continued to try to finish the Side Ops. And of course, the final mission, 50, still awaits. But, otherwise, I'm nearly done. Would love to dev some of the killer weaponry...but, holy do you need $$$$$$ and resources. And apparently, Konami has nerfed the resource loophole...so, you now need to get stuff the old fashioned way.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 07:18 AM
  #216  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
It's done. I took Monday off from playing and beat the last boss like my 4th or 5th try. I asked my gf if she wanted to watch Mr Robot but she was watching a movie in her room so I went to the Healing Workshop I can't get rid of this scourge man.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 AM
  #217  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
It's done. I took Monday off from playing and beat the last boss like my 4th or 5th try. I asked my gf if she wanted to watch Mr Robot but she was watching a movie in her room so I went to the Healing Workshop I can't get rid of this scourge man.


Wow...who knew you'd be this hooked on the game. But, I guess you now can see why it got the reviews it did and why despite getting you @$$ handed to you, you just keep going back for more.

I'm home sick today nursing an awful cold...going to be doing a bit more MGS5 a bit later if I can.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM
  #218  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
I didn't beat the Darkbeast Paarl solo because I accidentally co-oped. I also never did fight the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst since I attacked Eileen in my first go around. Problem is I have to beat Rom if I want to fight him. That means I gotta do the woods and Byrgenwerth.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:55 PM
  #219  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
I didn't beat the Darkbeast Paarl solo because I accidentally co-oped. I also never did fight the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst since I attacked Eileen in my first go around. Problem is I have to beat Rom if I want to fight him. That means I gotta do the woods and Byrgenwerth.
My only miss in the first go-around was saving Eileen. So, that'd be one of the areas I need to complete...I also need to do the dungeons. I don't know how people find time to game so much!

Then again, I suppose I could crawl out of bed and start playing.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-14-2016, 07:18 AM
  #220  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Honestly using a guide rather than blind playthroughs was my MO for this one. Plus I'd really hate to have missed something cool and in this game you could easily miss different areas. Even with all that it took me 2 mos for everything.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-14-2016, 11:04 AM
  #221  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Honestly using a guide rather than blind playthroughs was my MO for this one. Plus I'd really hate to have missed something cool and in this game you could easily miss different areas. Even with all that it took me 2 mos for everything.
Yeah, I think that's what made your trek through the game faster than me...and the fact you weren't as obsessed as being a walking-tank.

But, I suppose the necessity of exploring also made me strong too because I went everywhere...which also necessitated my need to power-up because well, all that exploring and you lose it with a death?!?!?
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-18-2016, 07:29 AM
  #222  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Ok so ran through a bunch of areas over the weekend esssentially re-finishing the game. Mind you my guy has been 50/50/50/50 for Strength/Skill/Vit/End for forever. I've been upping my Arcane to try out one of the DLC weapons but for whatever reason my defense might have improved in taking hits though I thought it was only for offense but who knows. Point is as hard as NG+ is supposed to be it got really easy even though my character is essentially the same. Anyways on solo I beat Darkbeast Paarl's (previously beaten co-op) ass without dying as well as Rom, The One Unborn, Celestial Emissary, Shadows of Yharnam, Martyr Logarius, and Ebrietas. I had beaten the Celestial Emissary right before beating Ebrietas without refilling vials too. I was happy about those last two fights so I posted videos below. Sheesh I had considered these two amongst the hardest but I don't know now lol. About to fight Mergo's Wet Nurse and then gotta find a USB drive to see the other two endings. Maybe I'll be done?


Doom878 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 07:36 AM
  #223  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
So if I were to rank top hardest bosses (only from main game):

1. Blood Starved Beast. In New Game he was a bitch. In NG+ a bigger bitch and I was experienced. You see him again in a Dungeon but since it's smaller he has less space to dance and for whatever reason isn't as dangerous once cornered. He's also in the DLC as a regular character but wasn't that bad. However you had to clear the room of other enemies

2. Bloody Crow of Cainhurst - this is the fucker you'd have fought if Eileen hadn't died. He's basically like any other hunter but his gunshots are SUPER strong. Plus he LOVES to parry you. Plus he uses the elixir so he teleports. Plus his sword is pretty strong. This was a tough fight and online many have problems with him. I dare you to YouTube his fight.

3. I'm going to guess Gherman because he's fast but haven't fought him yet on NG+. Seriously all the bosses after that are about the same. Some of them I died like 3 or 4 times because I didn't bother changing my armor to defend against arcane. Plus I rarely used things like bolt/fire paper or blood pellet which seem to boost your power. But with this build I made and using the LHB it's pretty easy.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 AM
  #224  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
So if I were to rank top hardest bosses (only from main game):

1. Blood Starved Beast. In New Game he was a bitch. In NG+ a bigger bitch and I was experienced. You see him again in a Dungeon but since it's smaller he has less space to dance and for whatever reason isn't as dangerous once cornered. He's also in the DLC as a regular character but wasn't that bad. However you had to clear the room of other enemies

2. Bloody Crow of Cainhurst - this is the fucker you'd have fought if Eileen hadn't died. He's basically like any other hunter but his gunshots are SUPER strong. Plus he LOVES to parry you. Plus he uses the elixir so he teleports. Plus his sword is pretty strong. This was a tough fight and online many have problems with him. I dare you to YouTube his fight.

3. I'm going to guess Gherman because he's fast but haven't fought him yet on NG+. Seriously all the bosses after that are about the same. Some of them I died like 3 or 4 times because I didn't bother changing my armor to defend against arcane. Plus I rarely used things like bolt/fire paper or blood pellet which seem to boost your power. But with this build I made and using the LHB it's pretty easy.
For whatever reason, I didn't have issues with the BSB...you know who would replace him at #1 for me: Father G.

And I need to try fighting the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst then. I'm assuming you took him on then?
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 PM
  #225  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Yeah I took him down but it was tough. Easily the hardest hunter you fight. Gerhman could be harder though. Father G was soooo hard first time around but 2nd time not a problem. That's why I say for NG+
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-18-2016, 01:44 PM
  #226  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Ah okay. I swear, if I fight Father G again, even as a walking tank, I'd still be twitchy. That bastard sure got into my head.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-18-2016, 02:17 PM
  #227  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
If you do the Chalice Dungeons first, you'll fight so many more tougher bosses than him. Some of the Hunters in there are sick.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 AM
  #228  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Oh duh forgot I hadn't done Mergo's Wet Nurse NG+. Beat her when my gf went to the bathroom really quick. Gotta get a USB drive to do the save trick to see all 3 endings.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 11:52 AM
  #229  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Oh duh forgot I hadn't done Mergo's Wet Nurse NG+. Beat her when my gf went to the bathroom really quick. Gotta get a USB drive to do the save trick to see all 3 endings.
Still using Ludwig's Blade? Or have you moved on to bigger and better weaponry?
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 01:00 PM
  #230  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
I went ahead and stuck with the LHB. One of the DLC swords is cool but I need to up my arcane. It's only at like 24/25. I more really wanted to see how hard NG+ was. Sadly I think I'm done. By the time I get around to backing up the PS4 save I might move on If I get the scourge again I'll try with different weapons. Just need more blood rocks
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 01:56 PM
  #231  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
I went ahead and stuck with the LHB. One of the DLC swords is cool but I need to up my arcane. It's only at like 24/25. I more really wanted to see how hard NG+ was. Sadly I think I'm done. By the time I get around to backing up the PS4 save I might move on If I get the scourge again I'll try with different weapons. Just need more blood rocks
Ah! Well, I'm finally done MGSV. I would've started Batman Arkham Knight yesterday but I was watching Bats v Supes...so, maybe I'll finally Batmaning tonight.


After that, Uncharted awaits.

Too many games...too little time...
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-20-2016, 03:06 PM
  #232  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Perfect time to start Arkham Knight.
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-25-2016, 07:30 AM
  #233  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Sigh so I never took out the game. Didn't game a lot this weekend but made sure to get all the trophies by finding all the weapons and secret items. Holy shit one of the items is in the Nightmare Frontier which is like the WORST level. When Patches knocks you down and you end up in the poison area, you can either get out by advancing or backtrack into more poison lake and fight more of those white creatures. If you go deeper into the poison lake you'll find the item there but you'll also find a Winter Lantern which is that giant brain chick that Frenzies you by seeing you. One of the worst enemies even with my character as powerful as he is. Basically got all the trophies except for the 2 other endings. I have to find a USB stick (Android phone won't work ) to backup my file and load after doing each ending. Then platinum!
Doom878 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 11:46 AM
  #234  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Sigh so I never took out the game. Didn't game a lot this weekend but made sure to get all the trophies by finding all the weapons and secret items. Holy shit one of the items is in the Nightmare Frontier which is like the WORST level. When Patches knocks you down and you end up in the poison area, you can either get out by advancing or backtrack into more poison lake and fight more of those white creatures. If you go deeper into the poison lake you'll find the item there but you'll also find a Winter Lantern which is that giant brain chick that Frenzies you by seeing you. One of the worst enemies even with my character as powerful as he is. Basically got all the trophies except for the 2 other endings. I have to find a USB stick (Android phone won't work ) to backup my file and load after doing each ending. Then platinum!
Congrats!
Yumcha is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:14 AM
  #235  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Got the stick (Best Buy has 3.0 32GB for $10) and got the platinum. Probably my last post here I will miss discussing this game. Me and my gf were at Gamestop and I showed her Dark Souls 3 and told her it's the same company but not as good but still hard as shit. The clerk chatted me up and we started talking BB but he didn't finish it so you know I was like duuuuude NG+, Chalice Dungeons, DLC ruuuuuunnnnn!!!! I will spread the word on this game
Doom878 is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 09:01 PM
  #236  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,507
Received 14,941 Likes on 9,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
Got the stick (Best Buy has 3.0 32GB for $10) and got the platinum. Probably my last post here I will miss discussing this game. Me and my gf were at Gamestop and I showed her Dark Souls 3 and told her it's the same company but not as good but still hard as shit. The clerk chatted me up and we started talking BB but he didn't finish it so you know I was like duuuuude NG+, Chalice Dungeons, DLC ruuuuuunnnnn!!!! I will spread the word on this game
Well, again...glad you enjoyed the game as much as I did. It's awesome to see you become the expert you are too after initially getting your @$$ handed to you. But, so did everyone when they first played!
Yumcha is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 08:26 AM
  #237  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
After months of debating whether or not I would even like this type of game, even though the subject matter is exactly what I love, I finally picked this up on Amazon for $13 bucks and figured what the hell, let's try something new. I found out that most new gen games are not "games". They are movies that you interact with, and I was starting to get bored. Uncharted 4 is one of the most gorgeous games I have ever played, but I felt like much of the game is in autopilot, or watching a cut scene, and I found my self wanting to "play" a game.

After over an hour, no joke, of setting up my character in Bloodborne, I began my quest to Central Yarnham. I am mesmerized by this game. I am obsessing over it. I want to be playing it all the time. I died about 10 times in the first few minutes, I read this would happen, but when I came back and learned something new each time, it was great. I admit, the controls threw me. I am not used to using trigger and shoulder buttons in an action game, but it works well. I am about 4 hours in and have no desire to even leave Central Yarnham yet, I feel like there is so much more to do there and I love every minute of it. This thread has alot of useful info and I will be referring back to it alot. I am glad I stepped out of my zone and tried this game, it is amazing!
pebe is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM
  #238  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
"Welcome home, good hunter."

Very true. I've played the first 3 Uncharted, and although a great, entertaining story, it is pretty spoonfed and linear and I don't want to play it again after beating it. BB is sort of linear but has different optional areas you can explore but it's not too open world either where you're overwhelmed. I definitely look forward to hearing tales from your hunt. I haven't played this game in months but still have feels for it and I can't wait to finish The Last of Us so I can tackle Demon's Souls. Any tips you need you can ask hear. Which weapon did you go with?
Doom878 is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 08:55 AM
  #239  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
"Welcome home, good hunter."

Very true. I've played the first 3 Uncharted, and although a great, entertaining story, it is pretty spoonfed and linear and I don't want to play it again after beating it. BB is sort of linear but has different optional areas you can explore but it's not too open world either where you're overwhelmed. I definitely look forward to hearing tales from your hunt. I haven't played this game in months but still have feels for it and I can't wait to finish The Last of Us so I can tackle Demon's Souls. Any tips you need you can ask hear. Which weapon did you go with?
Still haven't played TLOU, but its sitting right next to Bloodborne still in the shrink wrap. Playing BB is very jarring at first. There's no map, there's nothing that says "do this" or "go here". After 4 hours, I can honestly say I don't yet have a handle on getting around Yarnham, but I did open the shortcuts which helped alot! I ended up going with the Saw, but I think I want to get the Threaded Cane and try that out. Playing this game until 2am with headphones on really gets the blood pumping. I downloaded the guide that was posted on reddit that you mentioned somewhere in this thread and I have been looking it over all week. I don't want to use it as a walkthrough, but I don't want to miss things either. I already missed the music box and some weapon that falls out of a corpse that you have to cut loose from a rafter. Game is awesome, the attention to detail is mind boggling.
pebe is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 09:20 AM
  #240  
Stay Metal
 
Doom878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Age: 40
Posts: 25,098
Received 812 Likes on 636 Posts
Saw Cleaver is a very good weapon. Threaded Cane requires a high amount of Skill to use. Have you beaten any bosses yet? Not sure how much info I can help with to avoid spoilers. FYI as far as story goes, pay extra attention to each and every item's description as that is how the story is told. This ain't Metal Gear movie time. And smart move playing with the headphones. The sound in this game is phenomenal.
Doom878 is offline  

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.