Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Microsoft: Xbox 360 news

Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

waited in line from 9pm til 9am this morning, if you werent in any of the lines outside of any store by 11pm last night, you were getting one
Old 11-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Playstation fanboy translation:

Getting an Xbox will get you robbed...wait for ps3

Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
For some reason I saw this coming...
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
What ghetto did this happen in?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^^ Where's the PGR3?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FiftyFive: Where did you get the Plug and Charge kit??? Everywhere I went was totally sold out. I work in CT and picked my 360 up in CT, so I'm wondering if they had any left where you got yours
Old 11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Another incident:

Two 360s taken in Virginia armed robbery

Consoles taken at gunpoint just hours ago; thief apprehended, consoles recovered.
A Stafford, Virginia, Electronics Boutique store was the scene of an armed robbery this morning. According to sources, the perpetrator made off with two Xbox 360 systems, forcing the store manager to hand them over at gunpoint.

Sources tell GameSpot the local police responded quickly, cordoned off the store, and immediately pursued the thief. The thief was apprehended shortly afterward.

Because the police consider the heist an ongoing criminal investigation, store employees were reluctant to discuss details of the robbery. But as of press time, the store is open, and all systems are back to normal.

"We're all fine, and everything is cool," a store staffer told GameSpot.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140176.html
Old 11-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Suzuka Master

10 Reasons to buy the Xbox 360

To counter the other article, IGN created another story, but this time it has 10 reasons to buy the 360:

Top 10 Reasons to Buy an Xbox 360
The next generation has arrived and the clans must be united. Here's why you should jump in now.

November 22, 2005 - "Help me. For Christ's sake, help yourselves. If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a country of our own. Unite the clans! Unite them!" -- William Wallace, Braveheart

No truer words were spoken since Mel Gibson's Braveheart wooed people into wearing kilts and tossing giant stones at parties. And if we, IGN, must unite the clans, so be it. The time has come. After hearing about the Xbox 360 for months now and wondering what will be good, bad or ugly, the system finally arrives today. Where do you stand? Buying? Not buying? Chickening out? Afraid to jump into the future? Remember what William Wallace said: "If we join, we can win."

Whether you know it or not, it's time for war. Microsoft has thrown the first salvo, and it's the Xbox 360, a multimedia, super-powerful console that is about to stoke the fire of the next generation -- not Sony's vaporware-sucking-boomerang-fax-machine monstrosity. Where are the vents? When is it actually coming out? Is that boomerang controller for real? How expensive will it be? So many good questions left unanswered. Why in the world would you want to wait for a PS3? There are few good reason, but certainly not 10 good ones. Why buy an Xbox 360? It's obvious man! To change the tides of the war, I tell you! To make history! To rip the throne out from the fat cats over at Sony and bring choice, flexibility, customization and great online gaming to the masses. Why buy an Xbox 360? William Wallace said it best -- For "FREEEEEEEDOOMMMM!"

10. First-Party Exclusive Games
Say what you will about Kameo: Elements of Power, but you can neither deny its beauty or its next-generation gameplay. The platformer-adventure game has honest to goodness platformer feel -- just like a brand new Nintendo game. Guess some of that time working with Nintendo rubbed off after all. Then there's the sleek, powerful racer Project Gotham Racing 3, a stellar looking game with a huge set of features, svelte-looking licensed cars, and some of the best potential online games available. What can top that? Perfect Dark Zero, Rare's first-person shooter, may very well lead the online charge with as many as 32-players online in a sequel to top all sequels. All of these titles are gorgeous, they're all unique, and they're all exclusive. Remember Sony's 2000 launch on PS2? It had zero first-party presence then. What will it bring when the piper comes calling next year? It sure won't be NFL GameDay.

This controller - the wire = cool.

9. Wireless Controllers
Nintendo started the revolution, and Microsoft has just grabbed the torch and lit up the wireless heavens. Microsoft is launching its system with built-in wireless capabilities with both controllers and Internet connectivity. If you get the Premium Pack, your controller will be wireless and ready to go right out of the box. The freedom of motion is excellent, the range is superb -- more than 30 feet -- and the ergonomic construction is well thought out. Skip wires, tangles and…boomerangs! It's all about the Xbox 360 wireless controllers.

8. The Xbox 360 Launch Lineup
Yes, it's been said the launch lineup isn't the greatest in the world, and any dumb-ass can repeat what he's heard on a message board without really knowing what he's saying. The facts are these: Never in the history of consoles has there been a better all-around lineup. No, there aren't any knock-out single games that will bowl you over, but several are right there on the cusp. The 19 titles appearing before the end of this year on Xbox 360 represent a healthy, well-rounded set of games led by Microsoft's very own trio of spanking hot titles. With exclusive titles like Condemned: Criminal Origins, Dead Or Alive 4, Amped 3, and a handful of sequels such as Call of Duty 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Madden NFL 06 available, the roster has variety, exclusives, and refined, well-established sequels to lead the way. My five must-have titles are Call of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, King Kong, and Condemned.

7. Backward Compatibility
In a surprise that caught everyone off-guard, Microsoft announced last week more than 200 Xbox games would be backward compatible with Xbox 360. The list was indeed strange, including losers such as SeaWorld: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures, Toxic Grind, and Circus Maximus, but it offered dozens more to make the feature worth your while. We're still scratching our heads over some of these best sellers (Drake, Dinotopia, Goblin Commander, and Kids Next Door: Operation VIDEOGAME? Come one!), games such as Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Deathrow, and Half-Life 2 are on the list. Expect more to come each week to appear on your backward compatible list.

6. Xbox Live Arcade
The most over-looked feature of the system, the arcade marketplace will be the second most visited location on your Xbox 360, after the launch screen. Free games, cheap games, addictive, non-stop $10 exclusive arcade games…the list goes on. It's only a matter of time before the Japanese biggies bring their arcade classics -- Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, etc. This is a fresh slate upon which a new arcade revolution is about to be launched. Watch this space closely and you'll see a system grow in leaps and bounds.

5. Impressive Graphic Power at Good Prices
Microsoft continues to give consumers choices. The two-tiered launch price scheme is a perfect example of this flexibility -- $299 or $399 for a system. With the PS3, Sony has essentially stated it will be expensive, so keep this in mind when the PS3 hits shores in…November. With the Xbox 360's three 3.2 GHz processors running alongside a 500 MHz ATI graphics processor, this console is loaded with power. Some of the current-gen titles like PDZ, PDR3, Call of Duty 2 and Condemned wrangle with the power, and they all look gorgeous having not even scratched the system's surface.

4. Multimedia Hub
Along with playable games, rippable CDs and playback movies ready at launch, the Xbox 360 enables players to customize their MPEG music sticks with perfectly designed playlists in addition to connecting to Microsoft's Media Center for a more complete media sensation. Stream music from your iPod and synch it with images from your last holiday vacation. Play music to the Jeff Mintner visual synchronizer and customize the desktop with themes and gamer tiles and have fun doing it. Expect Sony to copy much of Microsoft's innovations.

3. Xbox Live Marketplace
While it doesn't fit into most folks' traditional notion of a console, the Xbox 360 offers a dynamic online commerce center. When you're not downloading free stuff like demos, trailers and extra bonus packs from game developers, you'll be spending cash on low-cost items such as bonus levels, expanded levels, episodic content, specialized gamer tiles and GamerCard tag images. Some of it is free, some costs cash, all are dependent on the developers and publishers. Expect this to grow and flourish as the committed users and companies quickly build it into a dedicated gaming center.

2. GamerCards
Microsoft's GamerCard seems like a simple enough idea. So your name and an image appear as you log onto your account, right? Yes, but there's more. It quickly becomes more for even a semi-committed Xbox Live user. It's your passport, representing your image, your scores, your games of choice, your motto, bio and more. The GamerCard becomes you ID card into the community of Xbox Live and it's how you'll learn and understand the people you play with and against and those you befriend. It's not only fun to create, it's fun to explore other people's GamerCards, which offer their game favorites, game achievements, and their most recent progress on their most recently played games.

1. The Next Generation Now
The Xbox 360, in my opinion, is a must-have system right now because it's the most powerful, sophisticated, and dedicated game system on the planet. It's built for gamers, tailored to their needs, and it's rich with tools to let them go a little nuts on customizing and choose their community. There is easily a rich top-five list (like mine), and getting online and screwing around with arcade games and online games is just the beginning.

The best thing about the Xbox 360's early launch is that it's a good investment now that will pay off later with greater profits. If you buy it now, you'll earn a reputation online and build your achievements list out, gaining traction ahead of your slow-ass PS3 friends. You'll be able to take part of the next generation as it emerges. Right now, there are 19 games ready to play, but that's only for this year. Come next spring, a gaggle of new games will hit your local retail store with a satisfying thud. Fight Night 360, Burnout, Full Auto, Top Spin 2, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and more are in the pipeline just getting ready for their glimmering launch days on Xbox 360. All of these will be out before PS3 launches in…spring in Japan and fall in North America? Hmm… That's one year from now. Have we mentioned the Japanese games Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninety-Nine Nights, and the others? Then in late 2006 and in 2007, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Too Human, Fight Night 360, Crackdown, and Halo 3 are lining up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the top 10 reasons to buy an Xbox 360. These are reasons to break from the motherland and establish our freedom. These are the justifications for console WAR! It's time to unite the Xbox clans in a way we've never imagined, and yes, we might sound a little crazy right now, but it's gotten to that point. When we saw the laughable, tragic 10 reasons not to buy Xbox 360 from our buddies at IGN PS3, we quickly established these. We understand this is in effect fanboy fodder, flame-fanning, and torruous for those who simply cannot control their reactionary rantings. But it's also pretty clear our reasons are superior, and most importantly, we have heart, soul, and our system isn't just a funky fax machine image on paper, it's real and it's now.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p1.html
Old 11-22-2005, 07:07 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Oh no you didn't!!!! No you didn't!!!!!
[/Minch]

Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottman111
For some reason I saw this coming...
last night, at my first attempt to get the 360, I waited along side about 250-300 people... and even though, I didn't win the raffle lottery... when driving away... I thought... "...hmmmmmmm what if..."
Old 11-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Go B's Go

so with PS3 coming out sometime next summer...

about the pre-ordering of a system (wether it be 360 or ps3) ...lets say i pre order 10 ps3s all from different stores in the area, id go and collect them all on the release date and sell every one of them except for 1 on ebay. prices for the 360 are ranging at like 800-1200 dollars a piece, would this work? Would i be able to sell them all on Ebay
Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by cusdaddy
Got mine this morning. Pre-ordering paid off. Just about to finally hook it up.
Why on earth would you hook it up. You're easily looking at a quick $1,200 profit if you sell on eBay.

Is it really worth that much to you?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Team Owner

Any of you guys that got the system today and aren't selling it on eBay need to get your heads examined.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
^

sell that shit.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BstonBruin
so with PS3 coming out sometime next summer...

about the pre-ordering of a system (wether it be 360 or ps3) ...lets say i pre order 10 ps3s all from different stores in the area, id go and collect them all on the release date and sell every one of them except for 1 on ebay. prices for the 360 are ranging at like 800-1200 dollars a piece, would this work? Would i be able to sell them all on Ebay
Not even the ones that pre-ordered got theirs on time. Either wait in line with friends or win a contest.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by cusdaddy
FiftyFive: Where did you get the Plug and Charge kit??? Everywhere I went was totally sold out. I work in CT and picked my 360 up in CT, so I'm wondering if they had any left where you got yours
i got it at best buy in norwalk CT.

and as far as selling it goes, ill take no less than 1500
btw, mine is already on ebay, 1 day listing if it doesnt sell in this listing, im keeping it.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FiftyFive
and as far as selling it goes, ill take no less than 1500
btw, mine is already on ebay, 1 day listing if it doesnt sell in this listing, im keeping it.
You'll get it.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by mrsteve
You'll get it.
its been 4 hours, and 0 bids
Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Team Owner

I saw 7 go for at least that much earlier today
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I saw 7 go for at least that much earlier today
well, we'll see, ill let you guys know if it sold when the auction ends.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Why on earth would you hook it up. You're easily looking at a quick $1,200 profit if you sell on eBay.

Is it really worth that much to you?
I don't want to go through the hassle of eBay and I'm not hurting for $$, so I want to enjoy the system.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,852 Likes on 2,589 Posts
Its fucking sad that people are stupid enough to resort to this type behavior.

Its not like we are thrid world country and they are starving and robbing for food.

I say people like this need to be shot to death by firing squad.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Suzuka Master

More launch day crazyness:

On Tuesday, GameSpot staffers witnessed even more chaotic scenes at the local Target in Colma, on the peninsula south of San Francisco. There, a lone security guard spent most of the night shooing an increasingly unruly crowd away from the parking lot. The situation nearly spun out of control around 7 a.m., when the guard left his post for five minutes, prompting a mass influx of would-be customers eager to receive vouchers good for a 360.

When he returned, the security guard's attempts to get the 100-plus-person crowd to form a line were rebuffed until the arrival of police and a California National Guardsman around 8 a.m. A trio of veteran GameSpotters witnessed the Guardsman quickly take control of the situation and move to the head of the line--where he promptly turned around and asked for a 360 voucher himself. The Guardsman then promptly fled the scene, voucher in hand, leaving police, Target employees, and a visibly agitated crowd to fend for themselves.
Even more underhanded events were afoot at the Target in the East Bay suburb of Pinole. There, voucher-scalping was rampant in the parking lot prior to the store's opening, with some vouchers selling for as much as $300--not including the price of the 360. More enterprising profiteers purchased units and immediately resold them in the parking lot for as much as $800--over $400 more than the higher-end Xbox console's $399 sticker price. By midday, the console was fetching well over $3,000 on eBay.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140287.html
Old 11-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,773 Likes on 13,967 Posts

Good grief...
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Team Owner

But you can buy another one for the same price you paid today next week. Who turns down free money for a little "hassle?"

To each their own.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bkknight369
Playstation fanboy translation:

Getting an Xbox will get you robbed...wait for ps3

LOL... so true.

Just like the idiots who said the same thing about the iPod
Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
$3000 on ebay? Holy shit.

Each and everyone of you who got an XBOX today should be selling those fucking things... if you don't you're a douche!

Cash in and buy one in a month!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by soopa

Each and everyone of you who got an XBOX today should be selling those fucking things... if you don't you're a douche!

People have been saying this all day long in the other thread.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

But you can buy another one for the same price you paid today next week. Who turns down free money for a little "hassle?"

To each their own.
I had no idea it was fetching that much. I figured there would be so many out there on eBay that it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I guess I messed up. Oh well, I'm enjoying the system anyway.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Team Owner

Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
The Third Ball

AZ members already in it to try and rip other fellow members off...

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/closed-xbox-360-people-325207/
Old 11-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Beauty is a curse...

Who would buy an XBOX 360 for 1600?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...360&category0=

People are morons. I still dont understand why people are paying this much for a game console. Why not wait another 3 weeks?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by Nismotic
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...360&category0=

People are morons. I still dont understand why people are paying this much for a game console. Why not wait another 3 weeks?
WOW No one has posted this yet!!!

Old 11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Beauty is a curse...

damn i should've gone through the 10 pages on the primary thread.

/thread.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Got Phó?

WoW! I live my Most Wanted! It looks great on HD TV!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
WoW! I live my Most Wanted! It looks great on HD TV!
Can someone tell me how the graphics are on a non-HDTV
Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

x2
Old 11-22-2005, 10:28 PM
The Third Ball

People are stupid. This just furthers my diminishing faith in human beings.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Shiffy
Can someone tell me how the graphics are on a non-HDTV
I'm sure they are not "bad" per se, but these next gen consoles are made for HD.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa

I think $3000 must be a package with a bunch of games.... but, still I'm seriously considering... I still haven't open mine yet... it's still in Costco's plastic packaging...

Quick Reply: Microsoft: Xbox 360 news