Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Funny/odd aspects in video games

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Funny/odd aspects in video games

Some video games out there have some silly inclusions. For example, Halo has typically had a lot of Easter eggs in its games.

A while back I played Command & Conquer: RA2 online and strangely, the online game chat censored "Himmler" but "Hitler" wasn't censored. After some digging, I found out that newer C&Cs (and EA games in general) censor words like Hitler, Himmler, Jesus Christ, God, Saddam, Osama and Hezbollah. Maybe it's my odd sense of humor... Anyone else think that's ridiculous and strangely funny? It was funny messing with people because with the font they used, the capital i looked just like the lowercase L, though I think I even got a temp ban for bypassing the filter and spamming the chat with Himmier

Supposedly Starcraft 2 has a language filter that censors words like suck, crap and alcohol. Yes... They censor those words in a game where marines explode in a pile of blood and gore when killed.

Another game is America's Army, a FPS. Somewhat understandably, no matter which team you're on, your perspective is that you're always a member of the US Army, or at least an ally of them. The other team sees themselves as Army soldiers as well, and see you as the "opfor", which to be honest, means you look like the stereotypical terrorist, AK-47 and all.... Even though from your perspective, you're holding an M16
Old 04-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
I read somewhere that if you play Spider-Man for Playstation, if you go to the code entry screen and type in a naughty word, Spider-Man will punch out the offensive letters and input a new word. Like if you type in "Penis" it'll change it to "Balloon" or something.

And same goes with Conker's Bad Fur Day for Nintendo 64. Except when you input a dirty word into the password screen the little guy just makes a witty remark.