Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Battlefield 2

Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it too late to buy this game or would I just get owned online? I mean, is it possible to jump right in or will I be entering with a knive going up against dudes with bazookas?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Ashburner
Is it too late to buy this game or would I just get owned online? I mean, is it possible to jump right in or will I be entering with a knive going up against dudes with bazookas?
You will do fine, you start off with standard weapons.

The points are harder to get now because of the new ranking system. I'm glad I bought this game on Day 1, or I would still be crying with my M16....
Old 10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Man I wish I had cable cause I would own you all, HAHAHA!! j/k I guess I have to play offline till I get rid of my 56k :[
Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ashburner
But see thats the best part because you can sneak up on them and slash their throats when they're busy reloading those stupid rockets lol

Hey gang I still can't figure it out regarding the multiplayer thing. Like my game won't find any servers. I'm going to have to call EA and ask or look it up online so I can join you guys. I would have done it last week when I first posted the problem but I've been busy playing Doom 3 lol
Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it me or is it incredibly annoying that EVERYONE has the upgraded weapons now?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
Is it me or is it incredibly annoying that EVERYONE has the upgraded weapons now?

I'm hoping that this is a sign for new BETTER upgraded weapons .
Old 10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
At least it's not Jersey

For some reason, I'm getting bored quicker and quicker now when playing.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:09 PM
The Creator

Yeah the update took alot of the fun out of it for me. There's no reason to play for rank and with everyone having these new weapons its a non-stop killfest.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Adventurist.

The expansion pack comes out in a little over two weeks. They will have a shit-load of upgraded weapons and a few new armies.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
The expansion pack comes out in a little over two weeks. They will have a shit-load of upgraded weapons and a few new armies.

For me i'm not going to buy it....i'll download it instead try it out and if its worth it, i'll consider purchasing it....BF 2 never reached its full potential, the ranking system was flawed from the start..so it really makes no difference that i jumped 4 ranks and was able to unlock 4 more guns.

Right now i'm trying out FEAR, and Sniper Elite.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:47 AM
2010 SHAWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Scientific Laws of Battlefield 2

1. If you spot an enemy before he sees you, chances are you will die.

2. The probability of killing someone is inversely proportional to how much you want to kill him.

3. For every good thing done, something bad happens.

4. If you see a bunch of easy targets in front of you, you will miss all of them and die.

5.You have a better chance of throwing a handfull of sniper rifle bullets and killing the enemy, than shooting them at him .

6.For every one enemy you kill with mines, you will kill 2 friendlies and they will both punish the TK .

7.Idiots have a unique pheromone receptor which can sense a friendly arty strike. Once initiated they run to the center of the strike like moths to a flame, thrust their noses in the air and put there finger on the PgDn button ready for the climax!

8.Thou shalt always respawn into an arty strike or a massive unfriendly assault and die before you can do anything.

9.A dune buggy slowly slipping down a gentle slope is the most brutal and deadly thing in the game if you're standing in its path.

10.When fleeing from an enemy, you will be shot to death, inches away from your cover.

11.when a gunner in a helo, chances are u got the worst pilot u can think of

12.When you have no money chances are your joystick will go funny.

13.If someone with an ak101 happens to glance at you, you will instantly die of fear.

14.No matter what weapon you carry, it will take over half a magazine to attempt to kill the guy that take you out with a three round burst or less.

15.Holding right mouse button when throwing a grenade changes throw length from feet to inches.

16.Even with the dexterity to balance the blade of his knife on his finger, a soldier will constantly miss when lunging to stab a stationary enemy.

17.Somehow, a man can take a 50.cal sniper round to the chest WITHOUT DYING.

18.Your pistol is a much better sniper rifle than your .50cal rifle

19.A crescent wrench can fix anything

20.You can raise a flag in a tank.

21.Seconds before you get your hard-earned Flag-Capture Point, an Enemy will pop up and kill you, giving the Capture Point to your Team-Mate .

22.After shooting an enemy Tank to low Health with your APC, your Gun will overheat and a Team-Mate will grab the kill, leaving you with not even a Kill-Assist.

23.You will never be able to swim away fast enough from an accidently drowned Jeep.

24.Claymores only kill foolish teammates.

25.If you want an enemy to abandon an armoured vehicle, run at it from the rear and let them see you doing it, they'll jump out.

26.No matter what, dephibulators cure all

27.the pinnacle of aviation technology cannot help a bomb hit its target

28.all vehicles have electrical armour plating, as when u touch it, ur dead

29.The more you press the 9 key to deploy a chute, the less likley the chute will deploy

30.You spawn right next to the enemy tank.

31.If you want to be a sniper you should choose Anti-Tank Class.

32.Just as you detonate the C4 on the UAV trailer, two to three teammates will drive up in a jeep right next to the detonation site.

33.No matter how much you shoot a guy parachuting down, he will never take any damage. And, when he gets down you are out of ammo and he kills you.

34.You are killed after a 10 minute run to an enemy flag, right before you reach it.

35.Water is extremly flamable and will cause vehicles to explode.

36.If your ina group and run into a single enemy, you WILL die first.

37.Confucious say: When commander drop supply crate from sky, look up or you will endure headache until next spawn

38.Confucious say: Man with handful of wheat will hit enemy more than with M229 SAW.

39.Spawning is more like a race to the heli.

40.A tank thats motionless while capturing a flag will wait until you run up behind it to plant C4 before the drivers cat steps on the S key and kills you.

41.Just after you found a great Spot to snipe from, while taking careful Aim at a Group of Enemies - you will be knifed from behind.

42.After taking a few well-aimed Shots at an Enemy, he will spin around and kill you with a single round from his MP5.

43.You must be the fattest person in the army as you cannot fit through a 3 foot wide gap between the bamboo

44.After throwing a pack of C4 ontop of a smoking tank, and pulling out detonator, the remaining C4 (in your pocket) will magically explode...every time.

45.If you are capping a flag alone in a tank the one enemy that manages to spawn in time will be a spec op...

46.If you are capping a flag and once it goes neutral you hear arty guns firing in the distance, run like #@$%!!!

47.If you need tank support, drop a mine on the road and a friendly tank will show up in no time...

48.If you respawn as an anti-tank the tank will have either disapeared or magiclly spawned many enemys' who know exactly where you respawned

49.When in need of medical aide call for a supply drop, the crate will be there in no time to crush you to death, thus ending your need for medical aide

50. Asking a Commander for ammo means he will send Artillery with the assumption you catch them and throw them at the enemy.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:28 AM
At least it's not Jersey

Tru Tru..... I need a new game.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Banned

Anyone get the Spec Ops expansion? How is it?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Instructor

The Special Forces Expansion is great. The Night Vision, Gas, and Flash Bang can be VERY annoying. The best part of the expansion would probably be the new guns and grapling hooks to climb walls. You can also use the new guns in normal Battlefield 2 maps which will give you a big adventage.

Does anyone still play Battlefield 2?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by huy33
The Special Forces Expansion is great. The Night Vision, Gas, and Flash Bang can be VERY annoying. The best part of the expansion would probably be the new guns and grapling hooks to climb walls. You can also use the new guns in normal Battlefield 2 maps which will give you a big adventage.

Does anyone still play Battlefield 2?

Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

Is there a particular server that AZ members play on?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Instructor

I personally play in the Moders servers a lot. They have around 3-4 servers (1 wake, 2 strike at karkan, 1 ghost something (special forces)

My favorite map is still shauqi or oil fields.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Adventurist.

F900 where the hell you been? LLC serve is always full... I've been playing on UFS or MassTactical.... let me know man, fun playing with everyone.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Banned

Niteqwill....

The reason LLC is always full is due to the fact its one of the only very few 64player servers left on BF2, some have dissapeared, others are BF2 SF only.....

For tomororow i will give you the IP address of the other server i play on.......

For about a week from this weekend i wont be around as closing on a Condo and i will be flying...but after next week i will be back to normal.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
resurect this thread real quick... whats up anyone playing tonight??
Old 12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered Big Dog

so far my favorite part of the game is being the comander and having squads that listen, its a guaranteed win
Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Well i lost my cd for battlefield 2 so im getting the expansion pack and gonna be playing over christmas break. I miss this game the best part is being on a blackhawk and just letting the gattling gun tear through everyone.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Adventurist.

Originally Posted by CLean B
so far my favorite part of the game is being the comander and having squads that listen, its a guaranteed win
Let's play CLean B.... AIM me at turntablephonics

later man...
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Go B's Go

my roomate at school...beside the fact that he's the total opposite of me, he plays computer games allll day long. He also wears one of those headsets, that look like he could be flying a plane.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:21 AM
Banned

Interesting tidbit:

Apparently Robin (Williams) was in town filming a movie called “Man of the Year”. After he was done filming he started signing autographs and ended up talking to Kev. It seems that Kev had done his homework, as he already knew they had something in common: online videogames. So naturally he asked him what game he’s been playing lately. Apparently, he’s been gaming a lot online with Battlefield 2 and his favorite class is the sniper. So next time you’re screaming at “that friggin’ camper!”, feel consoled; it may be a celebrity shooting at you.
Also ...

We are currently working on the next Battlefield 2 update. We believe this update has some significant improvements that everyone will appreciate. We’ve seen the discussions on the forum and will do our best to address as many issues as possible, as soon as possible.

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.
- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.
I hate the bunny hoppers

Last edited by TLover; 12-16-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Instructor

You have the bunny hoppers?

Have you seen those dolphin diving punks?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered Big Dog

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
Let's play CLean B.... AIM me at turntablephonics

later man...
YO i put you on my buddy list, my sn is Sliuno but i'm rarely on.... PM me or try aim next time you play... if you're on now lets do it
Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm Cool

whats "Dolphin Diving" lol sounds funny, is it like when ur swimming and u have the ability to stick your head up and down?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
whats "Dolphin Diving" lol sounds funny, is it like when ur swimming and u have the ability to stick your head up and down?
Run and jump, and while in the air, go prone.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

If I got this game this week should I pick up the expansion pack too? Where are you AZ guys playing?

I've been playing the demo for a month now and I have to get the game. The price just isn't coming down so I think I'm stuck paying close to full price. Oh well...
Old 12-31-2005, 09:58 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Originally Posted by SSN_FT1(SS/DV)
If I got this game this week should I pick up the expansion pack too? Where are you AZ guys playing?

I've been playing the demo for a month now and I have to get the game. The price just isn't coming down so I think I'm stuck paying close to full price. Oh well...
Its fun expansion pack is fun but there no chinese and the weapons are still kinda the same but its still fun i would recomend it if you like BF2.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Wait...So the expansion makes up for 1.3 upgrade that everyone hated so much a couple months back?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

I thought some of you BF2 fans would get a kick out of this. Apparently, a player (Nitro91) started a thread in BF2S.com about his promotion to sergeant major and posted his screenshot:

Apparently, all his stats were wiped out by EA.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
might not have to do anything with this.. But i cant wait for this game to come out for the 360. I am in love with Call of Duty.. and cant wAIT!!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:41 AM
The Creator

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
might not have to do anything with this.. But i cant wait for this game to come out for the 360. I am in love with Call of Duty.. and cant wAIT!!
You'll never find a game as realisitic as BF2 on a console. It's simply too limited in control.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Yes, he did that

Does anyone think I can run this game with decent visuals and fps with a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb card, coupled with 1.5 GB of PC2700 ram and a 2.4 ghz P4? I know I can look at the system requirements, but I want to hear real life performance.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:44 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soopa
You'll never find a game as realisitic as BF2 on a console. It's simply too limited in control.

True, but i already got the console and i am enjoying it.. So lets see if BF:2 for it makes it even more enjoyable. lol.. I think the new ghost recon will be great..

ok.. no hijackin.. see ya later..
Old 01-17-2006, 12:49 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by Lister00169
Does anyone think I can run this game with decent visuals and fps with a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb card, coupled with 1.5 GB of PC2700 ram and a 2.4 ghz P4? I know I can look at the system requirements, but I want to hear real life performance.
I run it and it looks just fine with the same video card, 1GB ram, on a 2.7ghz machine.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lister00169

If you want, try downloading the demo and playing it online some to see how it feels. You might think it's too "choppy" or just fine. Plus the demo is free and the game is still $.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:05 AM
The Creator

Originally Posted by huy33
If you want, try downloading the demo and playing it online some to see how it feels. You might think it's too "choppy" or just fine. Plus the demo is free and the game is still $.
just search "battlefield 2 radeon 9800" first...

theres some settings you need to change on your video card drivers before you start the game... once thats set its as smooth as butter.

Quick Reply: Battlefield 2