Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3, PC: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 4

Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by ChillRobP
is there any kind of co-op in this game?

i don't mean online multiplayer. I mean having a friend playing on the same system going through a campaign mode like GoW?
thanks

I believe you can do up to a 4 player co-op. Don't quote me as I haven't tried yet
Old 11-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Yes, he did that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by is300eater
I've only come in first on like 2 matches...
I chalk mine up to beginners luck.

I have realized that Spec Ops is the best for me.

I think I will create a class called "Can't aim, but sprays enough to get by"...fits me perfectly.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Race Director

if you've unlocked it, the perk "double tap" does wonders for killing.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,913 Likes on 1,441 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
if you've unlocked it, the perk "double tap" does wonders for killing.
I earned that just before quiting playing friday night... did know what it does, how do you use it?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
GÜNnµ ˇĎ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ikko
[/B]

That's why I don't do online gaming!!
If thats what stops you from playing..
You should just stay locked up in your room and never come out.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Yea so which version is better damnit? I haven't bought it yet, I may pick it up next weekend for the PC instead of 360.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,401 Likes on 6,303 Posts
I personally prefer console version over PC version just cause I'm quicker with the controller than I am with the keyboard mouse combo. plus it's more comfortable, I can sit on the sofa and play instead of sitting at a desk in an office chair.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
I personally prefer console version over PC version just cause I'm quicker with the controller than I am with the keyboard mouse combo. plus it's more comfortable, I can sit on the sofa and play instead of sitting at a desk in an office chair.
Thats true but I'm used to the other CODs where I could have 32 player mutliplayer instead of 16. I like to play matches with a lot of people instead of a small amount of people.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by SRK85
Thats true but I'm used to the other CODs where I could have 32 player mutliplayer instead of 16. I like to play matches with a lot of people instead of a small amount of people.
I've never experienced that many people on one match before... frankly, I don't think I'd want to, cuz there'd be players EVERYWHERE (either teammates or enemies) ... the maps aren't that big... It might annoy me...

As of now, when I play in a full match... In the beginning there's always those "favorite spots"... and even with only 6-8 people on your team... it seems like half the people always go for one spot (including myself)... can't imagine 16 people on one team...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04

Yeah, and have my fun playing single player! That I'll do!!

P.S. BTW, I got COD: MW on Friday. I'm having my fun(SP FTW, haha!)

Last edited by Ikko; 11-11-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I shoot people

Yeah, and have my fun playing single player! That I'll do!!

P.S. BTW, I got COD: MW on Friday. I'm having my fun(SP FTW, haha!)
the trash talking really isn't that bad... IMO, between single and MP, they are two completely different gaming experiences... both are great... but if you're not playing live... you're missing out...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Race Director

Doubletap increases rate of fire.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
Doubletap increases rate of fire.
okay, but do I pull the trigger normally or is there a special way of using "double tap"?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Lister00169
I think I will create a class called "Can't aim, but sprays enough to get by"...fits me perfectly.

I don't know how some people come around a corner and hit you so fast with a single shot... while, there's been times... I'd unload a whole clip on someone and he still didn't go down...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
GÜNnµ ˇĎ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol.. you guys gona be on tonite? Ive been playing single player for like 4 hours. I am hunting the final bad guy..

Man the SNIPER part is AWSOME!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Race Director

okay, but do I pull the trigger normally or is there a special way of using "double tap"?

just fire normal, more bullets come out.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by ChillRobP
is there any kind of co-op in this game?

i don't mean online multiplayer. I mean having a friend playing on the same system going through a campaign mode like GoW?
thanks

edit, there is no co-op on this game. I did some reading and they said it may be added on later
Old 11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04

Another thing; I think I'll play Halo 2, and Gears of War co-op, with my son. He's 11(will be 12 in February)
I tried playing Halo with him about 3 years ago, but I guess maybe he was too young(didn't understand some things.)
BTW, hooray for me: my second son(got a 7 year old girl) just turned a week on Saturday! He's a premee, and will be in the NICU for 2 months. Prayers are welcomed, and will be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Another thing; I think I'll play Halo 2, and Gears of War co-op, with my son. He's 11(will be 12 in February)
I tried playing Halo with him about 3 years ago, but I guess maybe he was too young(didn't understand some things.)
BTW, hooray for me: my second son(got a 7 year old girl) just turned a week on Saturday! He's a premee, and will be in the NICU for 2 months. Prayers are welcomed, and will be appreciated.
Thats pretty cool... best of luck to your son! You don't post much, it seems... but you shoulda posted your son's status in Ramblings, more people would have noticed. Hope he turns out to be a healthy kid!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Oh and btw this game fucking kicks ass. I was hesistant but grew kinda bored of Halo 3 quickly and haven't played R6V in a while so this game is awesome. Only other CoD I've played was #2, loved that game, and this is a huge step forward. Beat the SP on Hardened, really frustrating.... currently trying to beat Veteran, stuck on the level when you're underground in the nuke center.

Veteran is damn annoying, I'll have the semi-auto shotty out, then some prick AI will pop up in a doorway, and I'll spray him with the shotty but I end up dying.

Played on MP a few nights ago with a friend, it was damn fun! Unlocking airstrikes and the heli is fun, and knifing people is great. I noticed it was kinda one sided though, either you are kicking so much ass its unbelievable, or you're getting your ass handed to you. Finished in the top 3 score-wise a couple times.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM
I shoot people

How do you pass the sniper level? (after you take the bald dude out and you and your partner are runnin' to the extraction point, but get ambushed by a kzillion enemies?)
Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 AM
fhwagads

you have to set up your claymores and c4 around in strategic places and wait. There are 2 waves of people that come and they always come from the same places so after a few times you'll see where they come from and place your stuff there. dont use all the c4 and claymore on the first wave and hope that your sniping is up to par. Near the end i picked up an ak47 and just hid in the back behind the fence by the ferris wheel till they chopper landed
Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes it is!

How do you pass the sniper level? (after you take the bald dude out and you and your partner are runnin' to the extraction point, but get ambushed by a kzillion enemies?)
If you're talking about at the very end, waiting for the chopper...

The easy (cheap) way to do this, esp. on Veteran, is you get in one of those ticket booths next to the ferris wheel and go prone. Surprisingly you won't get hit and you can toss any grenades back out if they manage to get them in. Cap any enemy that comes up to the door.

When the chopper finally comes, get up and run your ass over to pick up Lt. Dan, then pray your ass off you don't get killed on the way to the chopper. May take a few tries.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Matt

Im addicted to this game! my only problem is that Im not playing to my full potential, cuz im always trying to get headshots or use a weapon that isn't the best for the level so I can unlock the different attachments for each weapon.

If anyone wants to play or start up a private match hit me up. gamer tag: jHawker 4Life
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Deity711

The easy (cheap) way to do this, esp. on Veteran, is you get in one of those ticket booths next to the ferris wheel and go prone. Surprisingly you won't get hit and you can toss any grenades back out if they manage to get them in. Cap any enemy that comes up to the door.

When the chopper finally comes, get up and run your ass over to pick up Lt. Dan, then pray your ass off you don't get killed on the way to the chopper. May take a few tries.
hmmmm, I don't think the level I'm at is the end, if it is... then this game is shorter than I anticipated...

The level I'm talking about is... after you sniped the bald guy from an abandoned building (they look like they just made some kind of "transaction"... and you're given the "okay" to take him out), an enemy helicoper rise up, you take him and begin to run to the extraction point... but you're ambushed by the enemy...

I suck at gaming... so it's probably not even a very hard level...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes it is!

hmmmm, I don't think the level I'm at is the end, if it is... then this game is shorter than I anticipated...

The level I'm talking about is... after you sniped the bald guy from an abandoned building (they look like they just made some kind of "transaction"... and you're given the "okay" to take him out), an enemy helicoper rise up, you take him and begin to run to the extraction point... but you're ambushed by the enemy...

I suck at gaming... so it's probably not even a very hard level...
No no, I'm talking about the end of that specific level. (that level is approx. half way through the game, so you have a ways to go).

You snipe the guy, shoot the helicopter, rappel off the building and start running. You'll run into some resistance, but don't stop to take them all out - just enough to haul ass to the next building or hiding spot.

At some point another attach helicopter will appear and you'll have to snipe the pilot again - although this time it'll crash and injure your Capt. buddy, so you will have to carry him the rest of the level. At several points you'll have to put him down, go kill some dudes, then run and grab him and keep running again.

At the very end you'll come to the extraction point where your team will eventually pick you up (in the courtyard by the ferris wheel). Here you will have to put your guy down, set up some mines, and fight off waves of enemies for what seems like forever. A lot of people describe this as the hardest part of the game on Veteran difficultly. On Recruit and Regular you can probably sit and defend your position like you're supposed to, but on Hardened and Vet it gets impossible.

That's where the strategy I explained in my above post comes in.

If you're not there yet, and are having trouble getting through the enemies to get to the ferris wheel, then like I said, kill some of those guys, but don't try to get every single one. Try to keep moving forward as much as possible.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 AM

I think what is300eater meant was the part right after you escape the building. This part was pretty damn tough too, at least on Veteran. No doubt its a very very hard level, I was just too determined to complete it.

I think you're talking about the part where you go up to a bunch of cars in the middle of the street, then a bunch of guys come from all directions. This part was random. I tried everything. Its mostly luck really, the enemies will keep on spawning. Just run like hell. I think what I did on Hardened was I hid at the side of a building, and they all just converged on MacMillan, at least 20 guys within 20 feet of him, all concentrating their fire on him... thats when I found out he was invincible. I sprinted away unnoticed somehow.

On Veteran its different. I immediately ran to the side after loading the checkpoint to the back of the buses, there is an indent in the apartment buildings. I hid there, chucked 3 nades, 1 after the other, then threw a flash (you may need 2, but keep in mind the 2nd doesn't prolong the effect) and ran like hell towards the apartment building.

If all else fails, check Youtube for some help videos. I wouldn't have beaten the "One Shot, One Kill" sniper level and the Epilogue on Veteran without it.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes it is!

Yeah it depends on what difficulty.

Another thing that helps is switching to your pistol. It has a much higher rate of fire and is easier to aim than shouldering your sniper rifle each time. As long as you pull on the left trigger and aim down the sights with the pistol (with auto aim on) it is just as accurate at close range as a rifle.

Somewhere along the way I remembered picking up a shotgun. That makes those few rooms in some building you have to clear out along the way MUCH easier.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Domination mode on Live is INSANE!

Even more fun than deathmatch
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I shoot people

sometimes if I'm in a situation where there's a lot of them standing near each other, I'll throw a stun grenade... look away really quick (so it doesn't effect me) and then run up and knife them all...
Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Veteran mode is the shit.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Deity711

wait, this is close to the end of the game? You mean i'm already almost done? That sucks :-( I've only played like 2.5 hours

edit: Saw your post..you meant level ....phew
Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
teh Senior Instigator

btw, anyone have a hard time finding online games? Or does it take FOREVER? I really wish the online layout was like resistance where you can CHOOSE what games you want to join. I have a feeling that will be updated soon

this is on PS3 btw
Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes it is!

Originally Posted by CLpower
btw, anyone have a hard time finding online games? Or does it take FOREVER? I really wish the online layout was like resistance where you can CHOOSE what games you want to join. I have a feeling that will be updated soon

this is on PS3 btw
I don't know about the PS3, but I know the 360 players are experiencing big problems with online, trouble getting into a game, everyone getting booted as the game starts, etc. Apparently it has something to do with Infinity Ward having corrupted data on their servers and they are working on a fix. Everyone is paranoid their data will be wiped.

Sucks, because I've been playing single player since release, and I was finally going to venture online this week, but I think I'll wait.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I shoot people

I haven't had any problems gettin' into matches... (I'm on 360)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
I haven't had any problems gettin' into matches... (I'm on 360)

How long do you usually wait, it seems like it is at least 5+ mins each time, which is crazy long for Live.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Tons of problems on the 360 last night.

Exactly as described above.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Matt

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Tons of problems on the 360 last night.

Exactly as described above.
Yea, it was all messed up last night. Dropping people out of games, taking forever to get in a game, connection loss during firefights. Hope they figure this out quick.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

good, glad it wasn't just me. In free for alls I can find a game in about 1-2 minutes. For team death matches it takes 5+ minutes
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I shoot people

I'll admit, it wasn't the best connection... but I really didn't have to wait any longer than usual time... I think the match ended early a couple times for whatever reason... There was a message from XBox Live saying something about some kind of problem that they are working on... but I played like... 2 hours with little to no wait during intermissions... and like I said... only lagged out maybe twice ...

Quick Reply: 360, PS3, PC: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 4