Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3, PC: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3

Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,258 Likes on 5,221 Posts
uh oh... that sucks (((

regarding the firing of the guns, it doesnt feel much different to me than MW2. maybe you have just been playing 'realistic' type games for more time than MW type. (?)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
the maps is alright but kinda getting myself dizzy

XBOX Live user name DIZAZNDOOD320 add me!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,985 Posts
I can't play until tomorrow, my copy is sitting at my door
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Moderator

so, I just played for 2.5 hours.... and... I think Im gonna play some more.......

also I noticed the M4A1 has noticeable recoil... maybe this is a glitch with the SCAR and will be fixed with one of the updates. Also, the fact that the Lock or whatever weapon upgrades that reduces recoil exists is another clue.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
shit my xbox live user is NBPTLS not DIZAZNDOOD320
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srika
I hear you.

I am a graphics junkie. so it's a big deal for me. I don't know what to do.

I think I'll probably get the PS3 version just because of how much I enjoyed MW2 on it. and, it's much nicer to chill on the couch on the TV then at the computer desk. I spend all day at work in front of 2 computers so it's nice to go home and relax on the TV. Although I do spend time on the computer at home too lol

/rambling
even the most comfy chair at your desk gets uncomfortable while melting away your brain in front of your computer. I enjoy PC gaming though. I just need some kind of mini sofa to put in front of my desk with a removable stand or something for my keyboard and mouse.

btw: mw3 is great. I miss Nuketown already though =[
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
I played it at a friends house to day and because I said I was going to try it before I buy it, and honestly its just modern warfare 2.5 to me I wasn't impressed back to BF3 for me.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 687 Posts
Didn't get a chance to try out the MP mode yet, but was able to go to Wave 27 at Dome in SpecOps. That is definitely addicting though it could really use 2 extra folks in it to help you & a buddy out because some of the AI with heavy armor & shields get really damn hard.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Didn't get a chance to try out the MP mode yet, but was able to go to Wave 27 at Dome in SpecOps. That is definitely addicting though it could really use 2 extra folks in it to help you & a buddy out because some of the AI with heavy armor & shields get really damn hard.
Just tried that and yup. Its addicting! Got to wave 21 or something like that.
Dome is my new favorite map!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Man, that looks like an awesome map pack. Only $60 for a bunch of new maps and some new guns! AND they threw in a campaign too.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
Man, that looks like an awesome map pack. Only $60 for a bunch of new maps and some new guns! AND they threw in a campaign too.
Honestly, what would you like to see different? Its a franchise for a reason. its like if someone whined and bitched about how BMWs always look the same, then you tell them to go buy a fucking Audi or something lol

Besides, no ones forcing anyone to buy ANYTHING
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Senior Moderator

its a proper third installment of the series.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater
Honestly, what would you like to see different? Its a franchise for a reason. its like if someone whined and bitched about how BMWs always look the same, then you tell them to go buy a fucking Audi or something lol

Besides, no ones forcing anyone to buy ANYTHING
If they just changed the UI or HUD, it would be a minor change that would make a big difference.

It looks WAY too much like a patch to MW2. That's my biggest gripe. The graphics, the guns, the sounds, how it plays, etc. it looks just like MW2 and that's just being sincere. Sure, don't fix what isn't broken. But why get MW3 when I got bored of MW2? I didn't buy MW3 and don't plan to any time soon.

Yes, it is a sequel and its expected to be similar to the other games. But is it Modern Warfare 3 or Call of Duty 2012?

its a proper third installment of the series.
I don't dislike the game at all, it's nothing like what I'm letting on. I shouldn't judge since I haven't played it yet myself. I just wish for being two years in development that it looked more different than how Madden does from one year to the next. Plus I was tired of all those BS glitches and exploits that would have been easily fixed in MW2. People doing the Stinger bug, akimbo 1887s, boosters in FFA, knifing with the care package grenade in hand, glitching into the landscape and being able to shoot other people without being shot at, etc.

I'm still awaiting the day when COD becomes a pay-to-play per month franchise where you pay $10-15 dollars per month to play it. Make no mistake, they're probably analyzing every sales figure.... launch success, how map packs sell, etc... if by proper third installment you mean I should expect to see the same old shit I did in MW1 and MW2 e.g. bugs that go unfixed, $15 map packs every few months and so on.... no thanks.

At the end of the day, I'm just someone who likes to stir things up. I may eventually get this game if a shitload of exploits doesn't pop up.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 AM

anyway, I found a gameplay montage of MW3. I really like the way this guy plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995kDu_ZO3s

My only gripe with BF3 and the reason why I want to go back to COD is because gameplay like in that video is punished. It's really hard to tear up the other team from behind the front lines just because of how BF3 works. The lone wolf doesn't live very long.

Last edited by Costco; 11-09-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 AM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Costco
If they just changed the UI or HUD, it would be a minor change that would make a big difference.

It looks WAY too much like a patch to MW2. That's my biggest gripe. The graphics, the guns, the sounds, how it plays, etc. it looks just like MW2 and that's just being sincere. Sure, don't fix what isn't broken. But why get MW3 when I got bored of MW2? I didn't buy MW3 and don't plan to any time soon.

Yes, it is a sequel and its expected to be similar to the other games. But is it Modern Warfare 3 or Call of Duty 2012?

I don't dislike the game at all, it's nothing like what I'm letting on. I shouldn't judge since I haven't played it yet myself. I just wish for being two years in development that it looked more different than how Madden does from one year to the next. Plus I was tired of all those BS glitches and exploits that would have been easily fixed in MW2. People doing the Stinger bug, akimbo 1887s, boosters in FFA, knifing with the care package grenade in hand, glitching into the landscape and being able to shoot other people without being shot at, etc.
I honestly wouldn't have cared if they had called it MW2.5 Like I posted on your FB... IMO it's $60 worth of entertainment, it's pretty much going to be a lot of hours of entertainment for months to come. $60? Give me a break, I blow that on random crap every week. IF suppose they had simply called it MW2.5 or another map pack and still charged it $60, I would still pay for it because I only buy 1 or 2 games a year. I've been waiting for this since MW2 because I hated Black Ops. I don't understand why it's such a big deal Apparently (literally) millions of other people don't either.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:16 AM

I honestly wouldn't have cared if they had called it MW2.5 Like I posted on your FB... IMO it's $60 worth of entertainment, it's pretty much going to be a lot of hours of entertainment for months to come. $60? Give me a break, I blow that on random crap every week. IF suppose they had simply called it MW2.5 or another map pack and still charged it $60, I would still pay for it because I only buy 1 or 2 games a year. I've been waiting for this since MW2 because I hated Black Ops. I don't understand why it's such a big deal Apparently (literally) millions of other people don't either.
It's the principle of it. I don't give a crap if I lend someone $20 and they don't give it back just because I lost $20. I appreciate it when they make an effort to repay me back though, and on the other hand I'd think they were a douche if they dodged me.

I don't care that the game is $60. It's just that I've been paying $40-60 for COD games since COD 2 and it's starting to look like the same thing every time. COD4 was the last huge difference in gameplay. Map packs at $15 a pop are just an insult. Yes, $15 isn't much, you spend much more than that and most of us here probably make much more than that every hour at work. But what exactly are you getting for $15? (I don't mean the extra hours of gameplay)

Imagine paying $30 every 6 months to get a major update which unlocks new features for your smart phone. Who cares, right? You've already spent $200 to get it in the first place, you spend $60 or more a month on it and you use it ALL the time. What's another $30? You'd probably die without it anyways just from separation anxiety. But say these features you're paying for that are $30 are already developed, they're just locked out from the beginning.

The reason why millions of people probably don't care is partly because they had Black Ops which was a somewhat different experience compared to MW2 and thus MW3 as well. Again, I know I'm preaching to the choir. I don't feel that strongly about MW3 and like I said I might get it eventually. I just wanna show that I have my reasons

I just feel that we're being jerked around by the video game industry and most people don't give a crap. People complain about $15-20 3D movie tickets. I complain about this. Just because everyone else doesn't mind doesn't mean I'm shouldn't be vocal about this. I suspect map packs will eventually hit $20 each.

Apologies, enjoy your game guys maybe I'll join some of you (on PC) eventually. Sorry if you read my entire essay.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Intermediate

one word: ^drama
Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 AM

Sorry for that disgustingly long post. Anyways, no, I'm not a cheap ass. If I'm at a nice restaurant I'll tip up to 25% if the waitperson does everything short of bowing down and kissing my feet on command. I've paid more on the tip than my entree alone was worth on a few occasions.

The monetary factor alone is just a small part of it
Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by DCdonDubby
one word: ^drama
^sheep that probably buys map packs without hesitation
Old 11-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Intermediate

^hi there bud, no not even close. I hate feeding into ponds full of feeding fish, I curb costs and find other solutions. I am not a apple user either, no Iphone here. I am on a simple $60 plan with a old android phone.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by DCdonDubby
^hi there bud, no not even close. I hate feeding into ponds full of feeding fish, I curb costs and find other solutions. I am not a apple user either, no Iphone here. I am on a simple $60 plan with a old android phone.
Cool. Now you know what it's like to be on the other end of a false assumption
The following users liked this post:
DCdonDubby (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 04:49 AM
I shoot people

yeah, we get it man... you're sitting this one out...I just don't understand the rallying up people to join you? I've never understood why people fucking do that online.

and I never called you a cheap ass... I was simply saying that's how I justify the spending of this game. You whine and bitch... You don't like it, don't buy it. No one likes a Debbie Downer

Last edited by is300eater; 11-09-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:55 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
yeah, pretty easy to kill. also, the auto-aim when someone is near you (where it moves your gun for you) is more pronounced than before, and its annoying. I wonder if there's a way to turn that off (I think there is somewhere in options).

I hope they can tweak the zero recoil issue with an update or something
Yea I think that guy with the scar-l probably had Kick unlocked for the gun's attachments...reduces recoil.

I unlocked the Juggernaut perk but was unable to get enough points to try it out -
Got juggernaut from a care package...thing is nuts...i feel invincible in it...you're basically a walking (slow as hell) tank with a gatling gun. got killed by a guy who got it the next game...not really sure how you kill someone who has it or if you just wait for them to run out of bullets...

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Pretty sure the survival mode only allows 2 players...they asked the devs why not make it 4 and they said they wanted you to depend on one person only instead of a bigger team or some shit.

so, I just played for 2.5 hours.... and... I think Im gonna play some more.......

also I noticed the M4A1 has noticeable recoil... maybe this is a glitch with the SCAR and will be fixed with one of the updates. Also, the fact that the Lock or whatever weapon upgrades that reduces recoil exists is another clue.
Basically the more you use a gun, the more "exp" it gets...so you can level a gun just like you level your character. Good thing is kick is one of the first things you get from using the gun. I think you get it unlocked at the gun's level 3? I got it unlocked for the m4a1 and the scar-l already. haven't tried it on the scar yet though.

I think I'm level 9 or 10...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
What did you hate about black ops? I thought black ops was pretty damn balanced...and treyarch did updates fast too nothing was overpowered for long...well except the famas being the best gun
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM

yeah, we get it man... you're sitting this one out...I just don't understand the rallying up people to join you? I've never understood why people fucking do that online.

and I never called you a cheap ass... I was simply saying that's how I justify the spending of this game. You whine and bitch... You don't like it, don't buy it. No one likes a Debbie Downer
dammit....
Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

I didnt like the way Black Ops played and felt. it was lacking this 'fun' factor and feel. I also didnt like the sounds. Sounds are vERY important to me.

btw, MW3 DOES NOT have the same sounds as MW2, as Costco said earlier. They have been changed quite a bit. All new guns, streaks, and other equipment as well. I don't feel the need to defend this game but I'll point out when information is inaccurate in here. Intelligent weapons abound. hence the name Modern Warfare, 3. There are even a couple of streak weapons that I had no idea how to use when i first got them. IMS being one. It's pretty cool - see video below.

And, there are a few maps that really impressed me. Lockdown, Akaden (or something like that), the France one and Seatown is cool too. The complexity and attention to detail is stunning. I mean you can tell they really spent a LONG time on these maps. And, I like Bootleg (India) as well, although I am not sure I like the general layout there - it does seem like a circle. The other maps are pretty good but those are the standouts.

And about graphics, there is only so far you will see these games go on consoles - and this is along the same lines as what I said earlier - if you want to see the true graphics of this game you should play it at 1920x1200 with full graphics on a PC. (on a nice monitor). Yesterday I tuned my TV a bit differently for this game and the graphics looked better, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kTeBLfkMv0

Last edited by srika; 11-09-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OperationDarkie
I played it at a friends house to day and because I said I was going to try it before I buy it, and honestly its just modern warfare 2.5 to me I wasn't impressed back to BF3 for me.
I agree. The game just isn't good. It doesn't even feel like a war or a real fight is going on. The graphics are poor and it's just a frag fest with everyman for themselves with no sense of teamwork or real accomplishment. BF3 feels and looks lightyears better. I'm sorry but COD has seen its best days and has been surpassed by a superior game in BF3.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 687 Posts
Originally Posted by mrstak
Pretty sure the survival mode only allows 2 players...they asked the devs why not make it 4 and they said they wanted you to depend on one person only instead of a bigger team or some shit.
Yes, I know it's 2 player only. I just said it'd be nice to have 2 extra folks to help deal with the tougher enemies, regardless of what the devs wanted.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
SP has been worth the $60 for me so far.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM

I can't wait to go home and try this game.

damn so now I gotta level up in MW3 and BF3...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM

please tell me there is a menu option to load directly to MP like in black ops. Made it so much more convenient to play.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

oh yea, I thought Jungle was a great map on Black Ops... until I tried the Village (Africa) map in MW3... wow is it nice.

there is also a London subway map I think its called Underground - another really nice map.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mizouse
please tell me there is a menu option to load directly to MP like in black ops. Made it so much more convenient to play.
I haven't tried it yet but there is a set default mode option where you can set it to MP, right at that screen. I would guess it'll behave the same as Black Ops did.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM

just a few more hours until I get to play... Spent the night at someone's house...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

btw regarding the map packs, I bought a 1-yr Elite membership for $50, and in addition to the 'premium' Elite features, it also includes the first 4 map packs they they will be rolling out over the next year - which would have been a total of $60 had I got them separately. $4 a month seems OK to me. oh and also, you get access to the map packs before everyone else!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Costco is gonna love this. You'll get to pay for old maps, but they will be 'remastered'. Even though it's a rumor at this point, I would guess it will happen. But there will be new ones also. I couldn't say I'm HAPPY to be paying for the same maps again, but hey, I *did* like some of those maps from MW2 - actually the ones mentioned below were among my favorites! And, it's almost like Gran Turismo, getting old tracks in the new game. . Speaking of Gran Turismo, I think that's comparable to this genre as well, in terms of new versions. You're not expecting a redesign of the whole damn game, you want a refined and polished, new experience with the similar underlying concept still intact.

That being said, I LOVED that they kept much of the game menus and options in tact from MW2. So much technology of today is focused on "brand new" and "redesigned" and how many damn times does it seem to go in the WRONG direction these days? An upgrade is not necessarily good. ok, rambling just a tad there

http://360burst.com/2011/11/mw2-maps-coming-to-mw3/

MW2 Maps Coming to MW3?

Oh the rumors for MW3′s DLC before it is even released! Recently rumors have spread that some of the first map packs for MW3 will contain some newly remastered multiplayer maps from MW2. These maps include Terminal, Highrise, Rust, Favela and Underpass. Also in speculation is the remastering of previous Special Ops missions like Sniper Fi. Other rumors are saying that the maps will be remastered and also have a different feel to them, like if it was day it will now be night or the weather will be different. I do not know how much different it will feel but I’m sure it will be a new experience. While this seems like a great idea I am not so sure I really want to pay for maps again that I have already bought on MW2. These are maps I already own and do not want to pay yet another $15 to buy them again just to play online with my friends. That’s just my opinion though. I guess we will find out soon enough. What are your thoughts on this idea? Be sure to share below by leaving is a comment!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM

I got the hardened edition so I got it for $40?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 PM

plus whatever goodies hardened comes with?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mizouse
I got the hardened edition so I got it for $40?
yes. $10 less. I should have got the hardened edition, I kinda slacked off and forgot to order it and the store didn't have it. so I had to buy the game plus Elite for $110.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator

wow just realized there's 3 Africa maps (the one I was talking about is Village, have a look!). I haven't even seen all of them yet. My least favorite so far is Hardhat. look at the map layout. LOL sucks.

http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/multiplayer-maps/

Quick Reply: 360, PS3, PC: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3