Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal.....

Notices

Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal.....

 
Old 10-17-2015, 02:37 PM
  #1  
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner
Thread Starter
 
2K2SilverTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 2,082
Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal.....

Shame this had to happen. Some people out there are........(insert your own)

Anyway, I didn't even notice when this happened (the bluish sheen on the windows really hid it well). As I was walking through my garage, I noticed this in the passenger window.......






Figured it couldn't be a rock at that angle causing the damage. The MB dealer confirmed it looked like someone took a chisel to the window in attempt to break in. Unfortunately but fortunately enough, I come to learn the S-class has shatter-proof windows.

Big thumbs up to Prestige MB in NJ and their service. It has simply been top class/notch. They quoted me $1200 for the window, but the service manager said he would pick up the tab under the "worry-free warranty" I bought for 4 years with the car. They also put me in a brand new 2016 GLE 350 4-matic (new M-class) with 25 miles!! Would buy another MB just for the service experience alone thus far. What a difference between this and my dealer experiences from hell with my Corvette!
2K2SilverTL-S is offline  
Old 10-17-2015, 03:00 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
2012wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,593
Received 810 Likes on 566 Posts
Glad the dealer took care of you

I noticed dealer service goes a long way. I was away from acura for about 5 years and they don't have a single product I would like to upgrade to

My Lexus service has always been exemplary

My current acura has had almost $5500 worth of work and dealer took care of EVERYTHING, things they didn't have

I want to buy a new acura JUST to continue the dealership relationship


If more dealers understood how to create and maintain relationships they would have a lot more revenue
2012wagon is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-17-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 03:58 PM
  #3  
Rooting for Acura
iTrader: (1)
 
knight rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Austin Burbs
Posts: 7,582
Received 1,408 Likes on 675 Posts
Dang. That sucks. Fortunately, it didn't cost you any money. Sucks that you had to spend your time having to deal with it though. On another note, can you blame the would be thieves? Your car is rare, even among S Classes. At least I can't say that I've seen another one like it.
knight rider is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-17-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
  #4  
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner
Thread Starter
 
2K2SilverTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 2,082
Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012wagon View Post
Glad the dealer took care of you

I noticed dealer service goes a long way. I was away from acura for about 5 years and they don't have a single product I would like to upgrade to

My Lexus service has always been exemplary

My current acura has had almost $5500 worth of work and dealer took care of EVERYTHING, things they didn't have

I want to buy a new acura JUST to continue the dealership relationship


If more dealers understood how to create and maintain relationships they would have a lot more revenue
It's nice to know some dealers "get it." The service manager admitted to me in plain english, "we want to keep you our customer for years to come."

Originally Posted by knight rider View Post
Dang. That sucks. Fortunately, it didn't cost you any money. Sucks that you had to spend your time having to deal with it though. On another note, can you blame the would be thieves? Your car is rare, even among S Classes. At least I can't say that I've seen another one like it.
Thanks. Guess I didn't look at it that way. No, can't blame them. Just glad it appeared to be a professional and not some amateur that (would have) damaged the rest of the car trying to get it.....
2K2SilverTL-S is offline  
Old 10-17-2015, 05:37 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 298
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
It could have been some kids with a glass breaker trying to test it out and figured that you have money, so might as well.
carz0159 is offline  
Old 10-17-2015, 07:50 PM
  #6  
Senior Moderator
 
csmeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Daytona Beach/Gainesville FL
Posts: 18,406
Received 1,069 Likes on 750 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S View Post
Shame this had to happen. Some people out there are........(insert your own)

Anyway, I didn't even notice when this happened (the bluish sheen on the windows really hid it well). As I was walking through my garage, I noticed this in the passenger window.......


Figured it couldn't be a rock at that angle causing the damage. The MB dealer confirmed it looked like someone took a chisel to the window in attempt to break in. Unfortunately but fortunately enough, I come to learn the S-class has shatter-proof windows.

Big thumbs up to Prestige MB in NJ and their service. It has simply been top class/notch. They quoted me $1200 for the window, but the service manager said he would pick up the tab under the "worry-free warranty" I bought for 4 years with the car. They also put me in a brand new 2016 GLE 350 4-matic (new M-class) with 25 miles!! Would buy another MB just for the service experience alone thus far. What a difference between this and my dealer experiences from hell with my Corvette!
Glad to hear they took care of you! I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.


Originally Posted by 2012wagon View Post
Glad the dealer took care of you

I noticed dealer service goes a long way. I was away from acura for about 5 years and they don't have a single product I would like to upgrade to

My Lexus service has always been exemplary

My current acura has had almost $5500 worth of work and dealer took care of EVERYTHING, things they didn't have

I want to buy a new acura JUST to continue the dealership relationship


If more dealers understood how to create and maintain relationships they would have a lot more revenue
^amen, my local dealer has done the same but recently has gotten a bit pricey! $1100 for the same timing belt service that is $699 at the Honda Dealer across the street. I can understand price inflation but not nearly double.
csmeance is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-19-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 10:12 AM
  #7  
Senior Moderator
 
Chief F1 Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Western New York
Age: 59
Posts: 19,148
Received 2,780 Likes on 1,535 Posts
bad beginning with a great ending-thankfully it turned out that way since you were completely blameless and a victim of some asshole's lack of respect for others' property.
Chief F1 Fan is online now  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-19-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 11:59 AM
  #8  
Oderint dum metuant.
 
chill_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Wylie
Age: 41
Posts: 12,497
Likes: 0
Received 533 Likes on 445 Posts
That sucks...glad they took car of you, though. Dealer experience is huge; sounds like you have a good one there.
chill_dog is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-19-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 03:11 PM
  #9  
Infiniti FX
 
1StGenCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Age: 37
Posts: 9,173
Received 594 Likes on 434 Posts
People suck but awesome they took care of you. Everyone, including me, made fun of my mom for the 4G TL purchase but the dealer goes above and beyond.
1StGenCL is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-19-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 05:30 PM
  #10  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
NSXNEXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: where the weather suits my clothes
Age: 50
Posts: 27,226
Received 780 Likes on 488 Posts
Sarlacc was in Jersey?
Sorry had to be said.

Sucks what happened but at least MB stepped up.
NSXNEXT is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 07:15 PM
  #11  
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner
Thread Starter
 
2K2SilverTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 2,082
Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
Glad to hear they took care of you! I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.
Thanks. Yea, that is not a bad idea. Although I can see the windows being shatter-proof as a good thing in most accident scenarios, it could be dangerous in a rescue situation or when in a fire/submerged in water

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT View Post
Sarlacc was in Jersey?
Sorry had to be said.

Sucks what happened but at least MB stepped up.
That's funny.....
2K2SilverTL-S is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 07:16 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
2012wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,593
Received 810 Likes on 566 Posts
The Countach used to come from the factory with a hammer. In class of rolloever emergency, break glass
2012wagon is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 PM
  #13  
registered pw
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: south central pa
Age: 44
Posts: 38,632
Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts
That is great service.
dallison is online now  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-28-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 03:15 PM
  #14  
I drive a Subata.
iTrader: (1)
 
JS + XES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Socal
Age: 34
Posts: 20,145
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,483 Posts
That's some great service.
JS + XES is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-28-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 03:24 PM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
Jakes_tl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lititz, PA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,916
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts
That stinks! Thank God it was only the window and not body panels that would require body work / paint.
Jakes_tl is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-28-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM
  #16  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,417
Received 1,662 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.
After the flooding in SC a lot of people I know have started to do this... especially after one of them knew that young girl (think she was 26) who drowned in Columbia, SC.

Anyway, glad the dealer took care of you OP. Glad the car defended itself as well!
juniorbean is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-28-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 03:46 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
 
2012wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,593
Received 810 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S View Post

Big thumbs up to Prestige MB in NJ and their service. It has simply been top class/notch. They quoted me $1200 for the window, but the service manager said he would pick up the tab under the "worry-free warranty" I bought for 4 years with the car. They also put me in a brand new 2016 GLE 350 4-matic (new M-class) with 25 miles!! Would buy another MB just for the service experience alone thus far. What a difference between this and my dealer experiences from hell with my Corvette!
Is that an aftermarket warranty? If so was the cost quite substantial?
2012wagon is offline  
Old 10-27-2015, 01:42 PM
  #18  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
KaMLuNg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Age: 36
Posts: 15,452
Received 927 Likes on 675 Posts
that's awesome doc... glad you got taken care of...
KaMLuNg is offline  
The following users liked this post:
2K2SilverTL-S (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 PM
  #19  
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner
Thread Starter
 
2K2SilverTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 2,082
Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012wagon View Post
Is that an aftermarket warranty? If so was the cost quite substantial?
It cost 4K on top of the MSRP. Small cost to pay on a 130K car IMO....

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg View Post
that's awesome doc... glad you got taken care of...
Thanks brother. I have to let you drive this thing one day when we get together. It is the most amazing machine (non-exotic/full-fledged sports car) Ive had the pleasure of driving. I can't say enough about what an amazing piece MB put together with the new S-class. I was so happy to get her back.

Anyway, this was the loaner they gave me. Amazed at what a nice driving SUV this thing is. You don't feel your speed in this truck whatsoever. But of course, it handles nothing like the S-class, despite putting the adjustable driving knob in the center console to "sport".







2K2SilverTL-S is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 09:26 AM
  #20  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,417
Received 1,662 Likes on 1,012 Posts
We have had a GLE as a loaner before as well and I must say I was very impressed. I'd love to get my hands on an AMG version... just to check that out
juniorbean is offline  
Old 11-08-2015, 04:18 AM
  #21  
Evil Mazda Driver
 
PortlandRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 32
Posts: 11,213
Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S View Post
It's nice to know some dealers "get it." The service manager admitted to me in plain english, "we want to keep you our customer for years to come."
These are the places with whom you want to build a rapport. The Hyundai dealer where I take my Elantra takes great care of me to the point that I would consider buying another Hyundai even though the corporate rep is a giant dick.
PortlandRL is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Dman00tl
1G TSX Photograph Gallery
8
11-06-2018 06:45 PM
prepreludesh
Fourth Generation TL (2009-2014)
21
06-08-2018 07:43 AM
Daytontypes
2G TL Photograph Gallery
21
07-26-2017 08:20 PM
datadr
Fifth Generation TLX (2015+)
15
10-20-2015 07:12 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal.....


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.