AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal..... (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/well-least-i-learned-my-s-class-difficult-break-into-steal-937557/)

2K2SilverTL-S 10-17-2015 02:37 PM

Well, at least I learned my S-class is difficult to break into/steal.....

Shame this had to happen. Some people out there are........(insert your own)

Anyway, I didn't even notice when this happened (the bluish sheen on the windows really hid it well). As I was walking through my garage, I noticed this in the passenger window.......

http://s7.postimg.org/4whl7mcd7/IMG_2806.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/ydq6nqw1j/IMG_2808.jpg

Figured it couldn't be a rock at that angle causing the damage. The MB dealer confirmed it looked like someone took a chisel to the window in attempt to break in.:( Unfortunately but fortunately enough, I come to learn the S-class has shatter-proof windows.

Big thumbs up to Prestige MB in NJ and their service. It has simply been top class/notch. They quoted me $1200 for the window, but the service manager said he would pick up the tab under the "worry-free warranty" I bought for 4 years with the car. They also put me in a brand new 2016 GLE 350 4-matic (new M-class) with 25 miles!! Would buy another MB just for the service experience alone thus far. What a difference between this and my dealer experiences from hell with my Corvette!

2012wagon 10-17-2015 03:00 PM

Glad the dealer took care of you

I noticed dealer service goes a long way. I was away from acura for about 5 years and they don't have a single product I would like to upgrade to

My Lexus service has always been exemplary

My current acura has had almost $5500 worth of work and dealer took care of EVERYTHING, things they didn't have

I want to buy a new acura JUST to continue the dealership relationship

If more dealers understood how to create and maintain relationships they would have a lot more revenue

knight rider 10-17-2015 03:58 PM

Dang. That sucks. Fortunately, it didn't cost you any money. Sucks that you had to spend your time having to deal with it though. On another note, can you blame the would be thieves? Your car is rare, even among S Classes. At least I can't say that I've seen another one like it.

2K2SilverTL-S 10-17-2015 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 15584769)

I noticed dealer service goes a long way. I was away from acura for about 5 years and they don't have a single product I would like to upgrade to

My current acura has had almost $5500 worth of work and dealer took care of EVERYTHING, things they didn't have

If more dealers understood how to create and maintain relationships they would have a lot more revenue

It's nice to know some dealers "get it." The service manager admitted to me in plain english, "we want to keep you our customer for years to come."

Originally Posted by knight rider (Post 15584796)
Dang. That sucks. Fortunately, it didn't cost you any money. Sucks that you had to spend your time having to deal with it though. On another note, can you blame the would be thieves? Your car is rare, even among S Classes. At least I can't say that I've seen another one like it.

Thanks. Guess I didn't look at it that way. No, can't blame them. Just glad it appeared to be a professional and not some amateur that (would have) damaged the rest of the car trying to get it.....

carz0159 10-17-2015 05:37 PM

It could have been some kids with a glass breaker trying to test it out and figured that you have money, so might as well.

csmeance 10-17-2015 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S (Post 15584762)
Shame this had to happen. Some people out there are........(insert your own)

Anyway, I didn't even notice when this happened (the bluish sheen on the windows really hid it well). As I was walking through my garage, I noticed this in the passenger window.......

Figured it couldn't be a rock at that angle causing the damage. The MB dealer confirmed it looked like someone took a chisel to the window in attempt to break in.:( Unfortunately but fortunately enough, I come to learn the S-class has shatter-proof windows.

Big thumbs up to Prestige MB in NJ and their service. It has simply been top class/notch. They quoted me $1200 for the window, but the service manager said he would pick up the tab under the "worry-free warranty" I bought for 4 years with the car. They also put me in a brand new 2016 GLE 350 4-matic (new M-class) with 25 miles!! Would buy another MB just for the service experience alone thus far. What a difference between this and my dealer experiences from hell with my Corvette!

Glad to hear they took care of you! I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 15584769)

^amen, my local dealer has done the same but recently has gotten a bit pricey! $1100 for the same timing belt service that is $699 at the Honda Dealer across the street. I can understand price inflation but not nearly double.

Chief F1 Fan 10-18-2015 10:12 AM

bad beginning with a great ending-thankfully it turned out that way since you were completely blameless and a victim of some asshole's lack of respect for others' property.

chill_dog 10-18-2015 11:59 AM

That sucks...glad they took car of you, though. Dealer experience is huge; sounds like you have a good one there.

1StGenCL 10-18-2015 03:11 PM

People suck but awesome they took care of you. Everyone, including me, made fun of my mom for the 4G TL purchase but the dealer goes above and beyond.

NSXNEXT 10-18-2015 05:30 PM

Sarlacc was in Jersey?
Sorry had to be said.

Sucks what happened but at least MB stepped up. :thumbsup:

2K2SilverTL-S 10-19-2015 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15584901)
Glad to hear they took care of you! I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.

Thanks. Yea, that is not a bad idea. Although I can see the windows being shatter-proof as a good thing in most accident scenarios, it could be dangerous in a rescue situation or when in a fire/submerged in water

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT (Post 15585326)
Sarlacc was in Jersey?
Sorry had to be said.

Sucks what happened but at least MB stepped up. :thumbsup:

That's funny.....:chuckle:

2012wagon 10-19-2015 07:16 PM

The Countach used to come from the factory with a hammer. In class of rolloever emergency, break glass :D

dallison 10-19-2015 08:23 PM

That is great service.

JS + XES 10-20-2015 03:15 PM

That's some great service.

Jakes_tl 10-20-2015 03:24 PM

That stinks! Thank God it was only the window and not body panels that would require body work / paint.

juniorbean 10-20-2015 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 15584901)
I would recommend you carry a small glass hammer in the car in the event you need to break a window to get out of the car.

:nod: After the flooding in SC a lot of people I know have started to do this... especially after one of them knew that young girl (think she was 26) who drowned in Columbia, SC.

Anyway, glad the dealer took care of you OP. Glad the car defended itself as well! :)

2012wagon 10-20-2015 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S (Post 15584762)

Is that an aftermarket warranty? If so was the cost quite substantial?

KaMLuNg 10-27-2015 01:42 PM

that's awesome doc... glad you got taken care of...

2K2SilverTL-S 10-28-2015 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 15587691)
Is that an aftermarket warranty? If so was the cost quite substantial?

It cost 4K on top of the MSRP. Small cost to pay on a 130K car IMO....

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg (Post 15594083)
that's awesome doc... glad you got taken care of...

Thanks brother. I have to let you drive this thing one day when we get together. It is the most amazing machine (non-exotic/full-fledged sports car) Ive had the pleasure of driving. I can't say enough about what an amazing piece MB put together with the new S-class. I was so happy to get her back.

Anyway, this was the loaner they gave me. Amazed at what a nice driving SUV this thing is. You don't feel your speed in this truck whatsoever. But of course, it handles nothing like the S-class, despite putting the adjustable driving knob in the center console to "sport".

http://s16.postimg.org/89bmhb45x/IMG_2851.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/icg37a5db/IMG_2854.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/r9mh56dj7/IMG_2857.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/8twatt2gf/IMG_2858.jpg

juniorbean 10-29-2015 09:26 AM

We have had a GLE as a loaner before as well and I must say I was very impressed. I'd love to get my hands on an AMG version... just to check that out :)

PortlandRL 11-08-2015 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S (Post 15584831)
It's nice to know some dealers "get it." The service manager admitted to me in plain english, "we want to keep you our customer for years to come."

These are the places with whom you want to build a rapport. The Hyundai dealer where I take my Elantra takes great care of me to the point that I would consider buying another Hyundai even though the corporate rep is a giant dick.