TL vs Grand Cherokee???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
TL vs Grand Cherokee???

Yea, I Did Some Test Drives Today, The Tech In The 2014 Grand Cherokee Blew Me Away, The U Connect System Is Impressive. TheHemi V8 Was Plenty Of Power, Although NotGeared For Speed. Im Very Tempted To Trade
Old 09-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Funny, wife keeps telling me how much she likes the new GC. Very untypical behaviour for her. She is the sort of person whp takes a lot of nudges to spark her interest. I, on the other hand, am looking at big boy trucks. The GC is not something I would even consider. But the fact that she is considering TL - GC, brings validity to your question.

Hmm, I smell a new car in my (her) future.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Interesting I almost bought the Dodge Durango (same chassis as GC). The only thing that was in a way was Dodge's financing 9.9%, that pretty much killed it for me. The hemi puts out pretty nice power and like you mentioned the tech was up there.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I actually own both. I drive the TL, my wife drives the GC. While the tech is impressive, touch screen radio/nav, Uconnect, steering wheel controls, etc..., I hate when I have to drive the GC. I suppose I enjoy driving my TL so much, that it's hard to get in the GC and not be able to drive the way I like to drive. Which is not reckless by any means, but spirited .

Also, if considering the GC, you absolutely have to get the V8. The V6 is painful to drive. We made the mistake of originally buying the V6, and ended up trading one year later for the V8.
The following users liked this post:
Mr Marco (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by sympley
Interesting I almost bought the Dodge Durango (same chassis as GC). The only thing that was in a way was Dodge's financing 9.9%, that pretty much killed it for me. The hemi puts out pretty nice power and like you mentioned the tech was up there.
lol. I've never heard of a financing rate that high. You sure they weren't just throwing some BS rate at you? I'm sure you could secure financing through your own bank or another source for much, much cheaper.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
I would never buy any Chrysler product in a million years.
The following 2 users liked this post by jim_c:
bobdon (09-23-2013), McMilli501 (09-23-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by easheer
I actually own both. I drive the TL, my wife drives the GC. While the tech is impressive, touch screen radio/nav, Uconnect, steering wheel controls, etc..., I hate when I have to drive the GC. I suppose I enjoy driving my TL so much, that it's hard to get in the GC and not be able to drive the way I like to drive. Which is not reckless by any means, but spirited .

Also, if considering the GC, you absolutely have to get the V8. The V6 is painful to drive. We made the mistake of originally buying the V6, and ended up trading one year later for the V8.
Same with me. We have a GC that my wife drives. I don't mind driving it, but I find myself trying to take corners faster than I should. I agree on the V8 comment. We test drove a V6 and V8 back to back and went with the V8. We don't tow anything but the extra 130ft/lb of torque helps get the truck moving. The gas savings aren't that much better with the V6 unless you do mostly highway. Even then, it's maybe 4mpg better.

The GC is a great vehicle. It's the first american car we have had. She traded her 3G TL in for the GC.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wouldn't the GC be a difference class all-together?

A comparison with the RDX or MDX would make much more sense IMHO.

davensd
Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Suzuka Master

^ Agree, but the fact that people are considering it must mean something. Good marketing campaign?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, in my case I'm looking for more utility in my next vehicle. I have no brand loyalty, and change cars every 2 or 3 years, so reliability/dependability past the original warranty mean little to me.

I've been test driving trucks and SUV's for the last month. I have to say, the 2014 GC is the most impressed I've been. To echo the previous comments, the V6 is a dog. I drove it first yesterday, and after 30 seconds in the V8 I was sold.

I thought it handled well given its size. I drive a POS Dodge Dakota at work every day and it blew it away in driving dynamics. Even though the V8 was much better than the 6 its still not geared for spirited driving, but it wasn't a slouch either. I could live with it.

The tech is really what stood out though. I was testing the Limited trim models, and the U Connect system is simply stunning. The control panel is clean, and I thought the interior materials and buttons felt very solid. The leather seemed just as good as the TL, and I gotta say the panoramic sunroof was pretty sweet
Mr Marco (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
Well, in my case I'm looking for more utility in my next vehicle. I have no brand loyalty, and change cars every 2 or 3 years, so reliability/dependability past the original warranty mean little to me.

I've been test driving trucks and SUV's for the last month. I have to say, the 2014 GC is the most impressed I've been. To echo the previous comments, the V6 is a dog. I drove it first yesterday, and after 30 seconds in the V8 I was sold.

I thought it handled well given its size. I drive a POS Dodge Dakota at work every day and it blew it away in driving dynamics. Even though the V8 was much better than the 6 its still not geared for spirited driving, but it wasn't a slouch either. I could live with it.

The tech is really what stood out though. I was testing the Limited trim models, and the U Connect system is simply stunning. The control panel is clean, and I thought the interior materials and buttons felt very solid. The leather seemed just as good as the TL, and I gotta say the panoramic sunroof was pretty sweet

It really is a phenomenal vehicle. If you go with the limited make sure you opt for the luxury package so you get the hid headlights plus led rear and turn signals. They are only standard on Overland and Summit models.

We love ours. We have a Summit and it's be great so far. The air suspension is great to. Really adjusts to give you more ground clearance. The best part of it is the park mode, which lowers the vehicle for loading and unloading items. Also makes it easier to get our dogs in and out of the vehicle.

We test drove many different vehicles when we looked. We wanted a capable suv that had a nice interior and good tech.

The Audi Q5 was worthless for any sort of storage space. The rear area is terrible unless the seats are folded down. Power from the 2.0t was ok, but V6 was only available on the prestige model which was way overpriced for what you got.

The Q7 was too big. We didn't need a 3rd row, but the storage was good.

MB ML350 was nice. It had more rear storage room than the Q5, but with comparable options it was more than we wanted to pay.

VW Touareg was really nice. We drove the TDI version and loved it. Huge navi screen and nice implementation of information panels. Finishes and materials were really nice. This would have been our pick if we didn't drive the Jeep.

We decided to look at the Jeep after I read the mountains of great reviews. The interior is really nice. Screen is large and has a great resolution. Navi interface is great. We loved that the climate controls can be controlled via analog controls instead of through the touch screen. The fully customizable speedometer/tach area is great too.

Storage in the back is good. We can fit our 95lb German Shepherd with no problems. The 4wd system is supposed to be one of the most capable aside from Range Rover or a Land Cruiser. The materials are great. The upper models have the leather dash which really looks nice. The panoramic sunroof is great too. Really adds lots of light on a rainy, dreary day.

Overall I'd highly recommend the vehicle. My ONLY complaint is how Chrysler markets the GC as a luxury suv, but the dealer/service department is everything but the luxury experience. I've only taken it in once for a firmware update on the radio and it made me miss Acura. My dealer does not offer a loaner and the waiting area looks like it's out of the 80's. No wifi and no drinks or pastries. Not a deal breaker, but it's very different than the experience at any luxury dealer.
Mr Marco (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Take the GC its a much better car.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:49 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
^ Agree, but the fact that people are considering it must mean something. Good marketing campaign?
I think it make sense in some odd way.
I will venture out and say TL buyers are with family so both vehicles are targeting the same kind of buyers in a similar price point and as much as I love my TL, trunk spaces is nothing to brag about.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Well, to be fair, we would sell the RDX, pay-off the TL, (Bal<$12,000) and buy the JGC as a larger replacement for the RDX.

The wife would drive the new and hot'ness and I would get the TL.

In fact, the vehicle I really wanted was an S2000CR. However, apparently an S2K, as my wife tells me, is not the sort of vehicle a married IT manager in his late fourties drives (She wants me to be this guy \/).

Last edited by Mr Marco; 09-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.
rockstar143 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-23-2013, 11:28 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
Some ppl tend to think being a married man = a neutered man
I beg to differ but i am married so I despise confrontation.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I have never been a fan or Chrysler reliability. My buddy drove Explorers forever through his company and they switched to Jeep an all I hear is his complaints about what a dog it is and al, the issues.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Burning Brakes

The V6 is slower than an old man peeing, but the V8 had plenty of get up and go, in fact I think the 0-60 is under 7 seconds. Only time will tell on the reliability/dependability of the new model, but my research concludes most of the vehicle is Mercedes/ZF, with a Hemi motor. If my plan was to hang on until the wheels fall off I wouldn't consider any Big 3 vehicles, but as I'm blessed with a great career and plenty of $$ I don't keep vehicles long enough to put too much emphasis on reliability outside of warranty expiration.

I would challenge any of you to go drive a new GC, and compare it to the competition. I was torn between SUV or Truck for next vehicle, and right now the GC is on top. If Toyota would get their head out of the clouds and give the Tundra a decent tranny and better mpg it would be in my driveway
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KeithL
I have never been a fan or Chrysler reliability. My buddy drove Explorers forever through his company and they switched to Jeep an all I hear is his complaints about what a dog it is and al, the issues.
I'd be interested in hearing what issues he's speaking of.
The platform has been in use since late 2010 as a 2011 model. I know the first year had issues with the air suspension. That was sorted out for 2012. The engines have been in use for awhile now. Even on the main forums there are no real complaints. I think the biggest one I found was an issue with station presets resetting.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
The V6 is slower than an old man peeing, but the V8 had plenty of get up and go, in fact I think the 0-60 is under 7 seconds. Only time will tell on the reliability/dependability of the new model, but my research concludes most of the vehicle is Mercedes/ZF, with a Hemi motor. If my plan was to hang on until the wheels fall off I wouldn't consider any Big 3 vehicles, but as I'm blessed with a great career and plenty of $$ I don't keep vehicles long enough to put too much emphasis on reliability outside of warranty expiration.

I would challenge any of you to go drive a new GC, and compare it to the competition. I was torn between SUV or Truck for next vehicle, and right now the GC is on top. If Toyota would get their head out of the clouds and give the Tundra a decent tranny and better mpg it would be in my driveway
When gas goes to $5/gallon, the GJC won't look quite as attractive.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by g37guy01
When gas goes to $5/gallon, the GJC won't look quite as attractive.
The price of premium vs regular and the fact that the v8 only gets about 3-4 mpg less than a sh-awd seems to make me think it's not much worse.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
In fact, the vehicle I really wanted was an S2000CR. However, apparently an S2K, as my wife tells me, is not the sort of vehicle a married IT manager in his late fourties drives
My wife said the same thing until I took her on an S2K test drive and she said, "We are buying one." Of course, after a few years of her begin to scared to drive it I traded it in for the TL. Now we both miss it.

I have a buddy who only drives GC and swears by them. Can't wait to see the new tech when he upgrades.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sorry but I have to weigh in on this. In 2010, I actually did make the jump from a 2006 TL 6MT to a '11 GC Overland. It was one of the worst ownership experiences of my life. I completely regret trading in my TL. I have family and friends with Chrysler vehicles who all warned me but I fell in love based on the test drive and tech. I rent many cars on business trips and nearly every Chrysler I rent justifies my end result with that Jeep. I ended up filing (and winning) a lemon law complaint with NYS and the car was repurchased. My lawyer told me Chrysler is the easiest to deal with because it happens a lot. I am now back in a TSX and wish I had bought another TL.

The level of service will be radically different from what you get at an Acura dealership. They don't treat you special because you bought a $40k+ vehicle. They're just not equipped to do that. I think you will be disappointed with the experience. I didn't think the warranty was important until I had a car that spent 45+ days in a shop because they could not diagnose a drivetrain problem.

The whole thing is chronicled here: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/its-o...ase-21448.html
I apologize if I am not supposed to post a link to another forum on this page.

My advice is to stay away from the brand and do not be seduced by the content. It's worthless if it sits in the driveway or the garage.

Out of curiosity, why not look at a '14 MDX?

Last edited by lghtspeedz; 09-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^^

Thanks for that, and if what I've read is true the 2010-11 GC's were horrible and suffered a lot of mechanical/electrical troubles most of which have been addressed/corrected since 2012.

The MDX is more vehicle than I need. I haven't come to any decisions. Ironically I just got my 2 year anniversary card from Acura today.

I know my next vehicle is going to be utility oriented. I spend most of my free time at the shooting range, or the campground. The TL is not conducive to either place. I'm blessed with a very short commute to work, so the TL only gets a chance to shine on some of our weekend trips. Its quite unexciting to drive a TL consistently at 30mph.

I bought the TL because at the time I wanted a sporty sedan to replace a 2006 Avalon that bored me to tears. The TL was the best match for me at the time. Now I have new priorities, and my vehicle needs to change with me. I'm open to suggestion for other SUV's worth considering. Seems the GC is leading the pack as far as tech and reviews are concerned.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I owned a Chrysler in 1998 for 18 months, in the shop on 6 different occasions, 3 times for 3 power window motors, one was the same that had already replaced, my friend had a Neon also in the shop and eventually need heard gasket at low mileage. Let's hope Fiat does better with them.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I hear you. I'm buying my first house and I can see how my TSX will not be very practical. I stopped following the Jeep's after 2011 but you could use that forum to screen for what others are saying about the 2013's and 2014's. If there are problems they will surely be on there.

For sheer driving pleasure I was impressed with the Mazda CX-9. The Tech got a little better for 2013 but it's not as luxurious as the GC. Toyota is releasing a new Highlander soon. A new Pilot will be out in 2015. But those might be too big for you too based on what you said. What about a Ford Edge or Nissan Murano? I'm assuming the RDX would be too small for you?

Good luck! Either way, hope you find something you like that's reliable!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
I owned a Chrysler in 1998 for 18 months, in the shop on 6 different occasions, 3 times for 3 power window motors, one was the same that had already replaced, my friend had a Neon also in the shop and eventually need heard gasket at low mileage. Let's hope Fiat does better with them.
That was 1998...Audi used to be complete shit, too...and Ford, and Chevy in the 80s/90s

Things change...you all need to open your eyes

Or stay ignorant...whichever, honestly dont care.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
05TLdcc (09-24-2013), juniorbean (09-24-2013)
Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,086 Posts
I'm living on the edge owning a Chysler product. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't have a tranny that blows up like the last Acura I owned.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
^ I'm not sure it's really ignorance. I just checked the JGC maintenance issues and the list is long and distinguished.

I can understand the need to get another vehicle with more utility. There are a lot of better choices if somebody doesn't want to know their service adviser on a first name basis.

If you make lots of money and think it's a great thing to trade vehicles every 2 years, you'll still be wasting a lot of service time on some cars more than others. You'll also take a huge hit on depreciation on some more than other vehicles too.

It looks like Sarlac has one of those choices with a Highlander- the Honda Pilot is not a bad choice either. Both of those will keep you out of the dealership waiting room although neither will have a V8. I guess it comes down to what the major requirements for the vehicle are. Those new BMW X3's look nice too and they have 'free' service for a number of years, loaners, and higher end service accommodations. I would look that way if money is truly not an issue.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by lghtspeedz
The level of service will be radically different from what you get at an Acura dealership. They don't treat you special because you bought a $40k+ vehicle. They're just not equipped to do that. I think you will be disappointed with the experience.
Hate to tell you that Acura service depts dont have any kind of universal standards ala lexus....each dealer is different...with many being no better and many times worse than some honda dealers. So, not everyone has the same "special" experiences with those cars.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer

It looks like Sarlac has one of those choices with a Highlander- the Honda Pilot is not a bad choice either. Both of those will keep you out of the dealership waiting room although neither will have a V8. I guess it comes down to what the major requirements for the vehicle are.
I got the highlander because I lucked into an amazing deal when I decided I was sick of my Prius a year out on the lease...Can't turn a loaded 40k SUV for 30k...I really didn't want another Toyota but it was worth it. And in a year when the lease is up, we'll have to figure out what to do next. The 2014 highlander looks very nice...but I think with the twins being older, no more stroller, etc...we'll probably look for slightly smaller with better mpg.

And while it's my wife's primary driver...I ended up liking it...but its still a very vanilla SUV.

I honestly wanted the JGC with the diesel engine...or a Durango, which I've rented and LOVED...or the Flex which I also rented and liked quite a bit. If money was no object...Audi Q7 TDI would probably be at the top of my list. I also really like the Caddy SRX.

My daily driver is a beater 97 JGC Laredo with 130k that I like a lot. And I have my Challenger.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Pretty much anything with the 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4 Engines are bullet proof. Yes they will rattle a little & might have small annoying issues, but the drivetrains & electronics are there.
If I was spending the $ on a GC the only model I'd get would be the SRT8. I don't see spending all that $ on a lessor version when for not much more you can get a bit better model.
I'm not a brand snob, I've had my share of POS's from different brands. However the 2 Chrysler I have had have treated me well. The CLS I can say fell apart on me at 105K miles. So it really depends on luck.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Coal

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
My step dad has a 13 GC as a company car and loves it. The fit and finish is fantastic, the V8 is smooth as butter and actually gets decent mileage. In two years of hard driving it's been perfect, and can easily pull the cars to the track.

The shittiest car I've owned was my 05 TL. Nothing was ever right with that thing. I don't think i'll ever buy an Acura again, especially with its current design route...
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
A ton of ignorance and fan boy nonsense in this thread.

...but I digress.......

I own a GC Overland Summit.
Absolutely love it.

I would agree the Chryco of years past was downright horrible, but they have clearly changed their direction in design, quality, and performance.

The GC is a class leader....especially the Overland Summit.
Sit in the interior and you will find that it is a class leading refined interior in material, craftsmanship and design. It's one of the best interiors Chryco has put out to date. Powertrain is excellent, and the new 8 speed tranny reviews are even better.

...and to date the GC has been absolutely trouble free.

...but hey, you always get the usual suspects that live in the past, and complain about German and US cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Moog-Type-S:
05TLdcc (09-24-2013), juniorbean (09-25-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Why do these threads get moved? If there are 4 different TL owners in the first 10 posts, or if the first 10 posts are all from TL owners, keep it in TL. PLEASE!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm most interested in the GC Limited with 20" wheels and Luxury package for the HIDs and improved cabin features.

I've been researching the forums the past few days, and there's just as much praise as damnation for the GC. I've been on the jeep forums, jeep garage, etc.. and you definitely read about more issues than here at Acura, but just from what I see on the road, I'm thinking there are a lot more Jeep's than TL's.

I'm not done researching other vehicles either, but the GC really wow'd me at the dealer. Seems I'm reading a lot more negative press on the V6 Overland models, specifically tranny issues and problems with the air lift suspension. What has me worried is how many threads I'm reading with issues popping up within 5K miles. In my eyes that's just sad. No automaker should get away with that. My TL has been in the shop once in 2 years for a broken power window button. I was actually pretty pissed about it, given Honda/Acura's rep for reliability, but maybe I'm harder on the buttons than most people, who knows.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
Why do these threads get moved? If there are 4 different TL owners in the first 10 posts, or if the first 10 posts are all from TL owners, keep it in TL. PLEASE!
My theory... and I didn't check to see who moved it so it is just a theory... is that these type of threads are moved b/c if it stayed in the model specific forum, the OP would not really get good replies. They would mostly be void of any real info and would mostly be fanboi replies as evident by some of the ones posted above. Moving it to CT it allows the topic to get more diverse answers.

Then again there was an ILX topic a few days ago in CT that was asking about the ILX, but also about opinions of other cars... and it got moved from CT to the ILX forum... so what to I know
rockstar143 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,916 Likes on 14,458 Posts
Must have been a bad patch for Jeep...my Dad has a 99 regular Cherokee that's still going strong, handful of annoying problems but no worse than my 10 year old TL.

Cars just aren't built to last how they once were...someone has to support the aftermarket parts stores billion dollar business!

That said and unrelated, wife picked up a Caddy SRX in January...ended up with 4WD in Florida getting 22 MPG from the 3.6 and it moves just fine, cargo space is decent, built in cooler is nice for tailgating

Spending that kinda coin, I'd definitely test out EVERY vehicle that fits your needs.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I'm most interested in the GC Limited with 20" wheels and Luxury package for the HIDs and improved cabin features.

I've been researching the forums the past few days, and there's just as much praise as damnation for the GC. I've been on the jeep forums, jeep garage, etc.. and you definitely read about more issues than here at Acura, but just from what I see on the road, I'm thinking there are a lot more Jeep's than TL's.

I'm not done researching other vehicles either, but the GC really wow'd me at the dealer. Seems I'm reading a lot more negative press on the V6 Overland models, specifically tranny issues and problems with the air lift suspension. What has me worried is how many threads I'm reading with issues popping up within 5K miles. In my eyes that's just sad. No automaker should get away with that. My TL has been in the shop once in 2 years for a broken power window button. I was actually pretty pissed about it, given Honda/Acura's rep for reliability, but maybe I'm harder on the buttons than most people, who knows.
The JGC is a new model year for 2014- when was the last time that Jeep/Chrysler came out with a quality first model year vehicle? I can't think of a single example. That be said I would stay away.

I have a 7 year Acura and it has been to the dealer two times: #1 for a blown speaker & #2 for the power steering hose recall. Each issue could be planned to deal with far in advance and did not require immediate attention in order to drive the car. Those issues happened the first 2 years of ownership and my car hasn't been to a dealer in over 5 years. I doubt that you will get that type of service out of any Jeep or Chrysler product.
One of my priorities is reliability but that might not be as important to others as it is for me so perhaps I'm in the minority in this priority in this forum.

It does come down to priorities in many ways. If you don't mind time at a dealership and want to impress your friends/coworkers with the luxury,offroad prowess, or towing capabilities of the JGC then go for it. But if you don't require the impression factor or the additional off-road/towing capabilities of the JGC, there are lots of better/reliable choices out there. I think I would pick an Ford Explorer Sport over a JGC.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:58 PM
The Third Ball

It's not a new model year. It's a mid cycle refresh.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 AM
The Third Ball

Explorers arent nicknamed exploders for nothing....they ALL have their problems.

And the new explorer competes with the Durango.

Quick Reply: TL vs Grand Cherokee???