Thinking about Infiniti or Audi: opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Muranos too...just not as much as the FX
Old 03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Contagious

You can definately tell you are a car salesman. Not that that's a bad thing. It's actually refresing to hear a salesman that is 100% behind the product they are selling and that actually seems to know what they are talking about.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Contagious

I'll bring the Murano to the CL meet here in Philly (actually KOP) in april for all you local peeps to check out.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't think buying the Murano was a bad thing. The Murano is solid. I think what happened is someone said the 2 SUVs are the same or very near in price. The Infiniti salesman said there is a 4k difference. That is a big difference, 10% of the value of these cars.
Agreed - buying the Murano was not a bad choice - just a different choice...

One thing to also consider - I'm in sales! HA - I know where my product truly wins, and where it fails. And if you are asking why to buy or not buy one of my products - I'm going to lay it out for you.

If mine is $40k, and you can buy a Murano for $34k - all I have to do is take a little shorter deal and POOF - it's back to within $4k difference. I could sell FXs all day long at $38,500 WITH 20" wheels and premium package.

If the vehicle would have been for you - would you have opted for the FX?? Maybe... just maybe.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by CCns24
You can definately tell you are a car salesman. Not that that's a bad thing. It's actually refresing to hear a salesman that is 100% behind the product they are selling and that actually seems to know what they are talking about.
LOL - You bet! I'm good at what I do - CSI rating of 99.4%, highest in our store, and in our region.

All BS aside though - I refer people all the time to friends at Lexus or BMW - I can tell when someone wants that lexus ride, or that BMW feel - and I won't push against that...

For every client I send to another brand, I get one back - it's a nice system - and I NEVER, EVER claimed Infiniti was for everyone...

For example, I own a 2001 CL-S, and a 2001 IS300.

Surprised?

Like I said - cars are a personal decision... not to mention Infiniti made absolutely SHIT when I was buying my Lex in 2001. It's only within the last 2 years they've done all this work.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Contagious

Looking back, if the both Infiniti dealers weren't such pricks, then we more than likely would be driving the FX. But that's how it goes sometimes.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:21 PM

Whoever told you the FX is selling for shit, needs to relook at their source. We sell 20-30 FXs/month, and we're a mid-line dealer for these. Consequently, and FYI, we outsell Lexus *almost* every month in RX vs. FX sales...
The RX 330 sold 100k units last year and 7,500 in February. The FX ain't close to that. Both versions combined.
So let me get this straight - you'd buy an RX330 at $4k to $5k more than an FX that is MUCH less performance, worse interior, and looks like a minivan with a shorter warranty?? I guess I see why your name is 1SICKLEX. LOL
A FX35 and RX 330 is similar in price. If you load the options in the RX 330, you have a 48k SUV though. And the RX interior IMO and in every magazine article I have read, is better than the FX. That is not the FX's strong card. Performance is.

Which brings me to my next point. I said "I" don't need or want performance in a SUV. Why? it's like the Pirelli poster with Carl Lewis about to race with high heels. It makes no sense to me.

Looks are subjective, the FX looks different but sometimes, quite ugly, especially without the 20s. I think both the RX and FX are SUVs, which means they are nice fridges.
PS 1SICKLEX..... if people didn't give a shiznit, we wouldn't be talking about it now would we?
We are enthusiests. The people that can remember the difference between a FX, G35, GS 300, E55, CL-S, RL etc. Most people don't know or care much. They do know nameplates. So they know BMW, Benz, Lexus. They don't know Infinity.

We all know Nissan has done INCREDIBLE recently. I think they are doing magnificent things. Infiniti has 2 strong new cars (G35 series, FX series) but the new QX56 is a step back into crap. Weird.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Instructor

Yeah - the salespeople are everything - when I talk with someone about a sales position here I don't even care about their experience or what they think they can do... I look to see how people react to the person when they speak, are they friendly, easy to talk to, etc...

It's all about forming a relationship... present your product and let people make an informed decision.

PS - 1SICKLEX - That email from that Infiniti dealer is crap! HA - we would never send out something like that... looks like it came from a Dodge dealer... WTF? I'd ask them to stop sending emails!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

ARe you misspelling it on purpose?
Old 03-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Masshole

the new QX56 is a step back into crap. Weird.
The new fucking Riced out tails on the RX330 are a step back into crap. I don't think Lexus makes anything worth a shit other than the IS (only modded) and the GS430. I thought the SC was a step back into crap for Lexus as well...what an ugly piece of shit that is compared to the old SC's.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by gto2050
Yes, he is.

I've met people that have a simple hatred for Infiniti - it's odd, almost like a GM vs. Ford debate. Not saying 1SICKLEX hates Infiniti, but just as I have a bias for Infiniti, his is for Lexus.

PS:
Infiniti of Columbus FX YTD Sales : 103 units

Lexus of Columbus RX YTD Sales : 98 units

*this is as reported by DealerTrack - usually fairly accurate. I *think* this year will see more RXs sold than last, Lexus dealers are finally coming a bit off MSRP, and that will help them push sales a bit...

but it still won't help them when my clients go by and suck the paint off their RX300 (or 330, not much change) with it's WHOPPING 225hp. And they'll do it on the way to the grocery or soccer pratice too...!! hahaha

:P
Old 03-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Masshole

RX330=:ghey:
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I have a bias for anything on 4 wheels as long as it doesn't have A$$TEK in the name!

PS - 1SICKLEX - That email from that Infiniti dealer is crap! HA - we would never send out something like that... looks like it came from a Dodge dealer... WTF? I'd ask them to stop sending emails!
All the Infiniti dealers here are similar. I guess they are not used to success and are hungry to keep the new sales coming. I can kind of understand where they are coming from.

This does cheapen the brand though. Lexus is very picky with how it's dealers do pretty much everything.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by jriga
Yes, he is.

I've met people that have a simple hatred for Infiniti - it's odd, almost like a GM vs. Ford debate. Not saying 1SICKLEX hates Infiniti, but just as I have a bias for Infiniti, his is for Lexus.

PS:
Infiniti of Columbus FX YTD Sales : 103 units

Lexus of Columbus RX YTD Sales : 98 units

*this is as reported by DealerTrack - usually fairly accurate. I *think* this year will see more RXs sold than last, Lexus dealers are finally coming a bit off MSRP, and that will help them push sales a bit...

but it still won't help them when my clients go by and suck the paint off their RX300 (or 330, not much change) with it's WHOPPING 225hp. And they'll do it on the way to the grocery or soccer pratice too...!! hahaha

:P
I will need that dealer to step up. They got an e-mail coming.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by gto2050
Yeah, I am just messing with him. As stated, I came very close to a loaded G35c in Decemeber. I don't hate the brand at all. Some of their moves are just puzzling though.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
you would think that SICK works for lexus. what a sack rider. :gaylaugh:
Old 03-23-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by tmk70
RX330=:ghey:
As:ghey: :lickit: :gaylaugh: as the MDX. I bought my mother a RX. I used to hate the RX. After getting it for loaners, the SOB won me over. I am still shocked I like it. To me it is comfy, roomy and luxurious. Not sporty at all and I don't want or expect it to be sporty. Whereas the FX does a good job blending sport and lux.
Waiting for the RX 400H, may replace the 300. Just the money saved in gas would offset any higher price.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by mattg
you would think that SICK works for lexus. what a sack rider. :gaylaugh:
They treat me well.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Masshole

Yeah, I am just messing with him. As stated, I came very close to a loaded G35c in Decemeber. I don't hate the brand at all. Some of their moves are just puzzling though.
But the fact is, you can't please all the people all the time. I bet a lot of people will love the QX...I don't like it at all. I don't think there is a highline Japanese maker who is doing nearly the homework that Infiniti is doing right now. As soon as customers even began to think "Boy, an AWD G35 would be sweet"..BOOM!! There it was.

That's what I love about Infiniti now...it seems they listen to their customer base.

I still love Acuras though...that new TL grew on me like mold!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Masshole

As:ghey: :lickit: :gaylaugh: as the MDX.
I'm not crazy about the MDX either, but at least it can get out of its own way. :P
Old 03-23-2004, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by tmk70
But the fact is, you can't please all the people all the time. I bet a lot of people will love the QX...I don't like it at all. I don't think there is a highline Japanese maker who is doing nearly the homework that Infiniti is doing right now. As soon as customers even began to think "Boy, an AWD G35 would be sweet"..BOOM!! There it was.

That's what I love about Infiniti now...it seems they listen to their customer base.

I still love Acuras though...that new TL grew on me like mold!
Some of it is listening, some of it is odds. After 14 years, they were DUE for a hit. Ghosen wants Infiniti to be seen on par with Lexus. He wants to sell it worldwide. We will see.

I do think Infiniti is going back to it's sportier roots like the original Q45. 14 years ago, Lexus was seen as the Japanese Benz and Infiniti the Japanese BMW. Then Infiniti watched as Lexus not just beat it up from a luxury perspective but with the SC, 2nd gen GS and IS, on the sport perspective.

The G35 has done wonders to bring the sport back to the brand. The FX is following suite.

The Tl does wonders of blending both too.

Cars are getting better and better, no matter what u get. Think of 10 years ago.
ES 300
Vigor
None have the power or luxury or electronics of today!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Masshole

You know, I liked the look of the old ES300 better than the new one....looks just like a Camry to me now.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Please.

All the Infiniti dealers here are similar. I guess they are not used to success and are hungry to keep the new sales coming. I can kind of understand where they are coming from.

This does cheapen the brand though. Lexus is very picky with how it's dealers do pretty much everything.
I just got a call TODAY from Lexus of Columbus trying to push me into a new IS300 (my lease is up in 30 days...). They told me all about the improvements over my model including available navigation, chrome moldings over the speakers, etc...

Don't fret on their numbers... there are 2 Lexus dealers here in Columbus, BOTH owned by the same guy - GERMAIN. So they sell about the same (100+) units per month... by default they double our numbers because they have double the presence. Luckily, one of them is within a mile of us and our numbers stay close...

Saying we stay close to Lexus numbers is strong - no one will say Lexus hasn't built their brand well... they've been working on it since 1989!

Infiniti is in it's 2nd year of having something to call REAL products. Give us another 5 years and people will no longer be spelling Infiniti wrong. It takes time and patience to build strong following.

Lexus is a great example - as of right this second, their products aren't as exciting or priced as well as ours, nor do they have the warranty ours does... but are they still selling a bunch of cars? Yes. Why? Their brand is up high enough that boring products only marginally effects sales... it's a good thing - for them anyway!!

It's exciting to be a part of a company that is coming from almost nothing and be kicking so much ass on the street.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,473 Likes on 3,777 Posts
That FX is singularly the ugliest fuckin' vehicle made since the AMC Pacer. Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!