Thinking about Infiniti or Audi: opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by quikcls
man you sure?? my bro's 18t a4 was getting max 280 mpg in stock form!
That has got to be a world record.

And here I was thinking that the Prius was pretty economical.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by quikcls
man you sure?? my bro's 18t a4 was getting max 280 mpg in stock form!
he might have a bad mass air flow sensor or an issue. I know that will hurt mileage a lot. I was getting 310-340 average chipped with stock turbo. I see some people complain about getting terrible mileage sometimes, similar mileage as your brother. It's not uncommon, but not normal I'm sure there is something causing this.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Get the G35 sedan if she wants a car. The FX45 for SUV, skip the FX 35, you only live once.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by KCPreki11
Get the G35 sedan if she wants a car. The FX45 for SUV, skip the FX 35, you only live once.
eh... the G35 sedan is slipping. I actually think it's very ugly... so hopefully she won't like it... plus it's RWD. We're going to drive it anyway, but i hope she doesn't want it. Rather get the A4.

FX45, well, you only live once... so how about you pay the difference for us, then we'll get it. LOL. Anyway, from what I've read, no point in getting the 45 over the 35 since the 35 is well appointed and drives just as good. Plus, she doesn't need a V8... highway MPG in the teens isn't exactly what we're looking for.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
A4!

Old 03-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Artwork
Junior-

What about the Nissan Murano...I bought my wife one and she loves it. It is very comfortable has good power and is very pleasing to the eye both inside and out. The FX35 is very similar to the murano but about 5k cheaper...If I had to pick the Audi vs. the Murano for my wife I would still choose the Murano. It is great to drive and is very functional.

As a side note the AWD system in the Nissan is very good, at least for the winter's of Colorado.

Good luck you cannot go wrong with either the Murano or the FX35...
I JUST HAVE TO ADD THIS : The Murano is built on the Nissan Altima platform - the FX is built on the G35 Coupe platform. Front-midship... correct balancing. FX is quieter, faster, and RWD when not in AWD.

Murano is ok, but nearly as aggressive as the FX...
Old 03-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by juniorbean
eh... the G35 sedan is slipping. I actually think it's very ugly... so hopefully she won't like it... plus it's RWD. We're going to drive it anyway, but i hope she doesn't want it. Rather get the A4.

FX45, well, you only live once... so how about you pay the difference for us, then we'll get it. LOL. Anyway, from what I've read, no point in getting the 45 over the 35 since the 35 is well appointed and drives just as good. Plus, she doesn't need a V8... highway MPG in the teens isn't exactly what we're looking for.
Damn - gotta add this too.

G35 is RWD or AWD. The G35X is hot... forget using the crap Audi or BMW mechanical AWD system - G35X is electronic and sooooo smooth in the transition from RWD to AWD. You don't want to be around when the Audi AWD Differentials go bad. Notice that is plural - there are 3 (THREE) to replace... all at the same time, all about $1000 each. EACH I say!

Just as an FYI - G35, G35X, and G35 Coupe are getting a whole new interior for 2005. Alot more aggressive, techy feeling.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Instructor

OK - One more thing and then I'm out.

Infiniti has MUCH better warranty too - 4yr, 60k bumper to bumper, 6yr 70k engine, tranny, awd system, 7yr unlimited paint and rust.

Swear I'm done now...
Old 03-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by jriga
OK - One more thing and then I'm out.

Infiniti has MUCH better warranty too - 4yr, 60k bumper to bumper, 6yr 70k engine, tranny, awd system, 7yr unlimited paint and rust.

Swear I'm done now...
Yeah, I noticed that in comparisons... much better warranty. And I know the G35 has AWD now... but I don't like it so I'm trying to make her believe the AWD version is a lot more money. Hehe... unfortunately she's up on her cars so she's not buying it. If we did go Infiniti AWD it would be in the FX, not the G sedan.

Also not too worried about the 2005's as we'd probably get a low mileage 2003 or 2004 anyway... let someone else take the hit on depreciation....

Thanks for the replies
Old 03-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
goood call. The g35 sedan is ogly
Old 03-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Cruisin'

FX35 is basically the Nissan Murano...fully load the Murano and you will have much more bang for the buck.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by Sawsa
FX35 is basically the Nissan Murano...fully load the Murano and you will have much more bang for the buck.
Have you read any of the previous posts in this thread? They are NOT the same.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Never Forget

Originally posted by Sawsa
not quite... as previous people stated...fx is rwd based (off the g35). the murano is fwd based (off the altima). Also, the murano is using a cvt engine. I believe this is the first cvt engine mated to an awd system here. Don't think audi mates the cvt to their quattro system.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:26 PM

FX35 is nice and sporty but very cramped for a SUV. I would get it over the MDX anyday though. It's like a G35 wagon with some height. The FX35 is a great buy and not much slower than the 45. Plus, you don't have to look hard to find used ones already. Not sure why that is. Maybe a used FX 45?

Murano looks good too, same VQ engine, interior looks like it will break at any minute to me. But another solid SUV entry.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Contagious

Well, I happen to own both an Audi A4 and a Nissan Murano.

The Audi is a great car. Yes, it is WAY underpowered. However, if you are using it to get from point A to point B, it's got more than sufficient power. Backseats can be a bit cramped for adults, but are still usable. A very well equipped A4 1.8t will cost under $30k, so it's a pretty good value for the $$$. But another car to consider in this price range would be the TSX.

The Murano, on the other hand, is an awesome SUV. Plenty of power, all the features you could want in a vehicle, and a virtually bulletproof engine. We haven't had any problems with the CVT tranny. It takes some time to get used to, since you don't really feel upshifts or downshifts, but it is definately solid. I agree, the FX35 and 45 are better looking, but once you start adding in the options, they do cost considerably more.

Check them all out. Honestly, any one of the vehicles you chose would be nice. You can also check out Freshalloy.com for some more insight on the Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ccns,
which has the CVT? the audi or the murano?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Contagious

My Audi is a 5sp, the Murano has a CVT engine. However, Audi does offer the CVT engine for the A4 also.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Contagious

Sorry, CVT Transmission....
Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Instructor

FX35 | Murano | FX45

I have to, again, add some things about Murano vs. FX...

If you price a Murano with the same options as an FX35, you'll find they come quite close in price. Don't forget that at Nissan you won't have a 4yr60k warranty, no trip interruption program, no loaner cars, etc...

For the slight difference in price, you'll be buying a Nissan with worse resale value and one that will have depleted it's warranty some time before your FX has.

Also - the AWD system in the FX comes directly from the Nissan Skyline GT-R - the Murano could not adapt this technology because of it's FWD chassis.

There is a HUGE difference in noise. The FX is quiet, save the exhaust note which comes from cramming our huge V6 in there...

Open the hoods too!! Where is the Nissan engine? Where is the FX engine? You'll notice the FX has it's VQ engine sunk about 6 inches down INTO the chassis. Stand on the side and take a side view - you'll also notice that the Infiniti engine it BEHIND the front wheels. The gas tank is in front of the rear wheels. All the weight hangs in the center of the chassis, just like it's supposed to.

The big differences in the FX and Murano are not seen just looking at them side by side. They are in the drive, the technology, the warranty, the service. While Infiniti is number one in service, Nissan is #31!!!! (july, automotive news). This says ALOT.

One drive in the FX and you'll see this is no Murano. The thing handles like a G35 Coupe!! Awesome exhaust sounds from the 3.5L V6, NO body roll - you can really PUSH this thing and it will NOT give.

Throw the 20" wheels on and you've got the fastest, most aggressive SUV in the world. One is faster, the Porsche. But why spend $80k on a hopped up VW?

I don't know if this makes any difference to you or not, but the FX draws more attention than anything anyone makes. We have an upscale shopping place called Easton here in Columbus, we take a loaded FX over and let it sit in the valet line - people absolutely drool on the things...

Gotta add some pics, this one is on our showroom floor... BLING BLING - and still under $42k, drop the chrome, keep the 20s, keep the premium pkg and I'll get you one for $38.5k.

Oh god that's hot. And soooo performance-based.

Look how low the engine is in the chassis:

LEDs:

Also look at residual value - where is Audi vs Infiniti on the list?? Way down there... Infiniti has best residual value right now - lose less money to drive the hottest SUV (arguably) in the world with longer warranty, more hp, better performance, less maintenance, and more eye-catching appeal...

Not a bad deal at all.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

wow, a whole new page.. thanks for the replies guys!!

We're definitely going to test drive several cars (A4, FX45, TL, TSX, CTS) so don't worry, no decision will be made w/o testing them... but I was more looking for reliability, quality of service, etc. between Audi and Infiniti. Got a bunch of good info... thanks for all the replies so far!!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
DP's for life

jriga-

Just a couple of points...you do realize that Nissan and Infinty are owned by the same company. You spent half the thread slamming Nissan, just seems kind of weird to me.

Second point, I paid 26k for my wife's Murano...I do not consider 16k a little for money to spend to get the FX. I do realize that the FX probably has more options on it, but really 16k more.

Every time I walk into an Infinity dealer they treat me like shit...Does the good service start after you buy the vehicle?

Oh well a bit off subject, I hope your post helps junior to make a more informed decision.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Masshole

It's Infiniti, people...get it straight now.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:43 AM
DP's for life

Originally posted by tmk70
It's Infiniti, people...get it straight now.
Good point, at least you are adding value to this thread...

I think that every knows that we are not talking about the speaker company...I need spell check on this forum. I cannot spell for shit...
Old 03-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Masshole

Good point, at least you are adding value to this thread...

I think that every knows that we are not talking about the speaker company...I need spell check on this forum. I cannot spell for shit...
The two cars are built on different platforms and Juniorbean doesn't seem interested in the Murano. Plus, Jriga sells Infinitis, and it looks like he's got some valid points about Nissan vs. Infiniti from the consumer's point of view.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Instructor

LOL

jriga-

Just a couple of points...you do realize that Nissan and Infinty are owned by the same company. You spent half the thread slamming Nissan, just seems kind of weird to me.

Second point, I paid 26k for my wife's Murano...I do not consider 16k a little for money to spend to get the FX. I do realize that the FX probably has more options on it, but really 16k more.

Every time I walk into an Infinity dealer they treat me like shit...Does the good service start after you buy the vehicle?

Oh well a bit off subject, I hope your post helps junior to make a more informed decision.
Yes, I think I realize that Infiniti is wholly owned by Nissan. There's nothing amusing about it - Just as Acura is Honda and Lexus is Toyota. In Japan, there is no Acura, Lexus, or Infiniti. So it's all good...

Please know, I am NOT slamming Nissan. These companies Share the same CEO, it's just that the design teams are far different. One group works only on NissanUSA products, the other works solely on InfinitiUSA and Nissan Japan products. Our group is headed by a Japanese race designer - this guy has done nothing but design race cars for the last 20 years...

$16,000 less?!?! if the Murano were $16k less I'd hardly EVER sell an FX. I priced a Murano with FX equipment - I could not add a year warranty, nor 20" wheels, nor a stiffer chassis and race suspension - I couldn't give the Murano the 280hp engine or the free loaner cars...etc etc BUT:

AS CLOSE as I could get the Murano to an FX it's priced at $36,110 MSRP. VS FX35 with Premium and Sport = $40,065

This looks to be about $4000 difference - so I dunno where you got your $16k difference. I see the numbers day in and day out.

In short, I would say 'YES'. I do believe the FX has at least $4k more value than a Murano. I think you'd agree... comparing a BASE Murano and a loaded FX isn't quite fair.

This is like asking someone looking at an SC430 why they don't just buy a Solara Convertible - or tell someone looking at a new TL they should just buy the Accord. Why not just save the cash and buy the next closest and cheapest thing?? At what point have you sacrificed what you really want, versus what you can spend?

Why didn't you buy the Pontiac Aztek or another SUV-type auto that was less money than your Murano?? My guess is that the Murano gave you the most value for your budget, right? Well, in that line of thinking - someone that wants that performance and luxury and style sees that $4k difference as NOTHING. It's about $60/mo difference in the payment. Would you pay $60/mo to have a unique vehicle that will suck the paint off any other SUV out there?? $60/mo to slaughter Porcshes and Touregs? $60/mo to take the kids to soccer in SOMETHING DIFFERENT?? Ha! Funny but VERY true - this is what people in this market are shopping for, and the FX delivers.

People want a unique vehicle with room and an amazing stereo and huge warranty and something that puts them apart from every other boring SUV and MiniVan they see at the grocery and church and soccer - and they want it affordable. The FX is it.

You couldn't do $4k in work to the Murano and make it function like an FX. Not to mention everything else that comes with the Infiniti mark...

On a side note - I've been with Infiniti for 3 years now, FX has been out for 1+, and I have been cross-shopped with the Murano 3 times in that period... people realize these things aren't the same animal... our biggest cross-shop (believe it or not) is the Lexus RX330. It SHOULD be the X5, performance wise. Odd I thought.

As for getting treated like shit at a dealer:

That is concerning. My store has meetings WEEKLY to determine how to make life easier for our clients. Whether it's new coffee machines, better service personnel, new processes, faster appraisals, etc... we bust serious ass to ensure every single customer gets A+ sales and service... I can't speak for your dealer, but we (as a company) are number one for a reason. We work for it... if your dealer mistreated you, then I apologize on their behalf and as a spokesman of Infiniti's brand. All I know is that we spent thousands last month alone to increase our awareness of our customers wants and needs... we've added free espresso machines, free wireless broadband for service customers waiting, satellite tv - hell we wash every single car BY HAND daily... how many companies are still hand washing??

I truly believe in this comany, as you can tell... maybe your salesman wasn't good Infiniti material, maybe he was having a bad day - it happens... just don't know.

Another post as long as a book - apologies to all - I'm going to step off the soapbox now and grab some lunch...
Old 03-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: LOL

That is concerning. My store has meetings WEEKLY to determine how to make life easier for our clients. Whether it's new coffee machines, better service personnel, new processes, faster appraisals, etc... we bust serious ass to ensure every single customer gets A+ sales and service... I can't speak for your dealer, but we (as a company) are number one for a reason. We work for it... if your dealer mistreated you, then I apologize on their behalf and as a spokesman of Infiniti's brand. All I know is that we spent thousands last month alone to increase our awareness of our customers wants and needs... we've added free espresso machines, free wireless broadband for service customers waiting, satellite tv - hell we wash every single car BY HAND daily... how many companies are still hand washing??
Damn.. too bad I don't live in Ohio.... sounds like a good dealer to me . Although I'm sure Park Ave will be nice, especially based on how their Acura dealer is.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Masshole

My car came from Park Avenue Infiniti...delivered to Herb Chambers Infiniti. I pass it all the time when I'm in NJ, looks like a sweet dealer, which seems to be the Park Ave. standard.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Re: LOL

Why didn't you buy the Pontiac Aztek or another SUV-type auto that was less money than your Murano??
How could you even mention that freak over here (A$$tek)?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Mine came from Ramsey Infiniti...nothing bad to say about them. I didn't even know that Park Avenue had an Infiniti dealership untiol Jens told me. He has a friend over there in the shop. I would definitely check them out. You can always buy from jriga as well. He would probably have the car delivered through a dealer in NJ/NY. C'mon JB swing for the FX!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Instructor

I'm not the type of guy to push anyone into a car - it's always a personal choice, the Audi might do something for you that it won't do for someone else... but I think you'll find that if you're looking for something that really just moves the auto world to that next 'level' the FX might just do the trick...

I was just responding to the question of which brand has more inherent value... and that answer is Infiniti, I believe.

And yes! I can ship you an FX in any config you want - and since I make the decision as to what I sell it for, you're in a decent position to start. :-)
Old 03-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

GTO - don't worry... the FX is #1 on both of our lists

jriga - thanks man... I'll definitely keep that in mind if we go that route after the test drives. We're going to start driving cars in a few weeks as I'd like to be buying one by the end of April at the latest .
Old 03-23-2004, 03:37 PM

jriga, I am positive you are aware the SC 430 and Solara convertible share nothing. You are missing the points here
1. With Infinity, no one knows, no one cares. Only diehard Nissan nuts and a few new people. That is why the name is always written wrong.
2. Thought the Murano and FX share nothing, to the general public, they think the FX is an upgraded Murano. In talking to a couple of my friends who don't know much about cars, I was shocked to find this out. They have no idea it is built off the G35 platform.
3. The Lexus RX 300/330 mastered this category. It is the best selling and most popular luxury SUV. So many people will cross shop the 2. Hardly anyone races or will race their FX. It will be used just like the RX, no matter what Nissan Marketing decides.

You will notice FX45s are slow selling as people will pay maybe 40k tops for an Infiniti. Every expensive Infiniti has sold like shit.

That said, I'd get the FX35 over a Murano anyday of the week. Would I get it over an RX? No. I think a sports car SUV is a pretty silly idea. If I want a sports car, I'll buy a sports car or sedan. Sitting 20 feet in the air in a 4000lbs+ thing and telling me it's sporty does nothing for me. But that is just me. I also think the Porsche Cayenne (though I like it for some strange reason) is pretty useless.
An SUV, IMO, needs to be big on UTILITY.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
1. With Infinity, no one knows, no one cares. Only diehard Nissan nuts and a few new people. That is why the name is always written wrong.
LMAO I was dying reading this line... did you do that on purpose? Either way.. pretty funny
Old 03-23-2004, 03:47 PM

No, this is a factual statement. Last week, someone in an Infinity QX4 was parked in a loading zone. An e-mail was sent out. Classic Infinity.

"There is an Infinity SUV parked our front, please move".

As a matter of fact, I came close to buying a G35c in Decemeber. Infinity is blasting me with e-mails every damn week. And then today, a salesman calls me ON MY CELL ( checking me cell, 11:58am). I was shocked. He got a 5 min. tutorial on how to sell to your target audience. Luxury car buyers DO NOT want to be bombarded. If we want, we WILL buy because we can.

Here is an e-mail I got TODAY for goodness sakes...
Nalley Infiniti of Marietta
Mike
You're Invited to our SPRING SALES EVENT!

ALL IN STOCK G35 COUPES 5% OVER FACTORY INVOICE

ALL IN STOCK G35 SEDANS 1.5%
OVER FACTORY INVOICE

ALL IN STOCK FX35's AND FX45's
1% OVER FACTORY INVOICE

ALL IN STOCK M45 SEDANS $4500.00 OFF MSRP

ALL IN STOCK I35 SEDANS $2000.00 BELOW FACTORY INVOICE

SAVE UP TO $1500.00 ON ALL PREOWNED CARS

CALL TODAY AND ASK FOR JERRY HANEY OR MICHAEL ALBERSE
OR PRESENT THIS E-MAIL UPON ARRIVAL TO QUALIFY

770-281-8614
IF YOU BUY ANYWHERE ELSE YOU'LL PAY TOO MUCH...GUARANTEED!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Contagious

So from what I hear, I made a poor decision on buying the Murano over the Infiniti?

I bought the Murano for the girl. She likes it a lot. Would she have liked the Infiniti more? Probably. But, to load an FX the same way our Murano is equipped, it would be pushing $40k, where as we only paid $32.5 for our Murano.

Another reason we didn't get the FX was mentioned earlier. Shitty customer service. Add that to the fact that there isn't an Infiniti dealer near where I live and the decision was made. I'm sure your dealership is better to it's customers, but the dealers around here just plain suck. Unless you are buying a $50k FX45 at full sticker they don't want to give you the time of day.

I don't want to take anything away from the FX. Yes, it is entirely different from the Murano. It is a beautiful SUV. But I think I made a pretty good choice in the Murano. It has everything she wanted in an SUV and as long as she's happy......well you know how that goes.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Contagious

So from what I hear, I made a poor decision on buying the Murano over the Infiniti?

I bought the Murano for the girl. She likes it a lot. And you know what? I like it a lot too. Would we have liked the Infiniti more? No doubt. But, to load an FX the same way our Murano is equipped, it would be pushing $40k, where as we only paid $32.5 for our Murano.

Another reason we didn't get the FX was mentioned earlier. Shitty customer service when we looked at them. Add that to the fact that there isn't an Infiniti dealer near where I live and the decision was made. I'm sure your dealership is better to it's customers, which is great, but the dealers around here just plain suck. Unless you are buying a $50k FX45 at full sticker they don't seem to want to give you the time of day. And I even went to two different dealerships with the same results

I don't want to take anything away from the FX. It is a beautiful SUV. Yes, it is entirely different from the Murano. But I think I made a pretty good choice in the Murano. So please, don't bash it.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:09 PM

I don't think buying the Murano was a bad thing. The Murano is solid. I think what happened is someone said the 2 SUVs are the same or very near in price. The Infiniti salesman said there is a 4k difference. That is a big difference, 10% of the value of these cars.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
jriga, I am positive you are aware the SC 430 and Solara convertible share nothing. You are missing the points here
2. Thought the Murano and FX share nothing, to the general public, they think the FX is an upgraded Murano. In talking to a couple of my friends who don't know much about cars, I was shocked to find this out. They have no idea it is built off the G35 platform.
3. The Lexus RX 300/330 mastered this category. It is the best selling and most popular luxury SUV. So many people will cross shop the 2. Hardly anyone races or will race their FX. It will be used just like the RX, no matter what Nissan Marketing decides.

You will notice FX45s are slow selling as people will pay maybe 40k tops for an Infiniti. Every expensive Infiniti has sold like shit.

That said, I'd get the FX35 over a Murano anyday of the week. Would I get it over an RX? No. I think a sports car SUV is a pretty silly idea. If I want a sports car, I'll buy a sports car or sedan. Sitting 20 feet in the air in a 4000lbs+ thing and telling me it's sporty does nothing for me. But that is just me. I also think the Porsche Cayenne (though I like it for some strange reason) is pretty useless.
An SUV, IMO, needs to be big on UTILITY.
Of course, I'm aware the SC430 and Solara share nothing, aside from the fact the rear and front body lines are almost dead-on. They look similar.

The general public needs re-education - I agree. This is why Infiniti now makes more aggressive looking, and better performing products... the best way to rebuild a brand is to start with good products. Our products out-look, and out-perform MOST competitors.

The FX is for people that MUST have utility but don't want a van or body-rolling SUV.

Whoever told you the FX is selling for shit, needs to relook at their source. We sell 20-30 FXs/month, and we're a mid-line dealer for these. Consequently, and FYI, we outsell Lexus *almost* every month in RX vs. FX sales...

Every expensive car (period) sells in lower numbers... this is a simple game of math. Lexus sells very, very few GS and LS sedans. Why? Too expensive. The GS430 is one of the worst selling sedans in Lexus history.

So let me get this straight - you'd buy an RX330 at $4k to $5k more than an FX that is MUCH less performance, worse interior, and looks like a minivan with a shorter warranty?? I guess I see why your name is 1SICKLEX. LOL

To each his own - but I buy the most car for the least amount of cash. If I'm a middle-aged guy (which I'm not, 26) making decent cash with 2 kids and I must have something with space, but am not ready to give up going around corners, etc... I'm buying an FX. Not an RX. This describes an ENTIRE generation of people buying cars right now... Want performance, but NEED utility.

Either way - I sell enough of them and see the Lexus reps drool on the thing every time... hee hee :P

Also - if you FEEL like you made the right choice and got a good deal, then you did. If you bought the Murano for your girl, and she is thrilled and you are happy - guess what? You made the right choice!! It's that simple! I tell people that all the time!

There is ALWAYS, ALWAYS going to be another product that does what yours does - and if there isn't now, there will be. Every manufacturer has *something* that looks or tries to function like the FX, already here or in concept form.... the detroit auto show this year was FULL of Sport SUVs...
Old 03-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I get to say it first in this thread.......here comes the E-PENIS again!

PS 1SICKLEX..... if people didn't give a shiznit, we wouldn't be talking about it now would we?
Old 03-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

CCns24...Murano is pretty cool I think.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Infiniti or Audi: opinions?