Tell Us Your Apex of Performance, Win Yokohama's ADVAN APEX Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 03:43 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
Exclamation Tell Us Your Apex of Performance, Win Yokohama's ADVAN APEX Tires!

If there's one thing 2020 can't stop, it's hitting the road. Or the track. Or both! We're teaming up with our friends at Yokohama for your chance to win a free set of their Y-rated ultra-high performance tire, ADVAN Apex™ V601.

To enter, we want to hear about your Apex of performance this summer. Whether you're currently rolling on Yokohamas or not, share a photo of your car - all Acura models are welcome - and tell us about your best track experience, road trip, or drive during these socially distanced times. But act fast, we're only accepting entries until September 8!

You can learn more about Yokohama's new ADVAN Apex™ tires on the official website. Full contest rules can be found in the PDF attached below. Good luck and we can't to hear about your summer adventures!
Attached Files
Old 08-25-2020, 03:47 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
the best story probably goes to the most recent cannonball run. 25 hours 39 mins in an Audi S6 disguised to look like a Ford Tauraus Police car
The following 3 users liked this post by justnspace:
1killercls (08-26-2020), neuronbob (08-26-2020), Padre Dave (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally Posted by justnspace
the best story probably goes to the most recent cannonball run. 25 hours 39 mins in an Audi S6 disguised to look like a Ford Tauraus Police car
Old 08-25-2020, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 324 Likes on 192 Posts
I have had my RDX for almost 2 years, and I constantly am getting a flat in my front left tire, I had it patched 6 months ago and it was fine for awhile but started up again. Not to mention the Goodyear RSA’s that came with my Aspec are complete garbage, along with everything Goodyear makes. I have had a lot of fun corners, long trips from Minnesota to Colorado, and mountain driving in this car, and I am looking forward to upgrading to some new tires at some point!!

I specifically remember driving back from the sand dunes in Colorado at night, pitch black in the middle of the mountains, doing 65 on a back road, all of a SUDDEN!! we saw about 10 pairs of eyes on each side of the road, just as we blasted through it, and we were able to see we drove through a pack of about 10 big baby elk right at the lady minute, thank goodness none of them decided to play double dare 2000 across the highway, otherwise my RDX pounded the corners and it was a lot of fun, made it to the cabin without issues. Definitely helps having a car that’s comfortable when you do 10 hour trips!

San Isabel National Forrest

Bishops Castle

Garden of the gods

sand dunes national park Colorado

Blacked out badge

the best part about my RDX is that it brings me to where I wanna go, and makes it fun the whole way there, comfortable, and safe, I have taken it so many places already and don’t regret my crazy high car payment one bit 😂

this picture took some near off-roading to get to, only saw jeeps and trucks out here, but my RDX kicked butt on the trail too! I promise I didn’t edit those mountains in, but I did edit out the front plate😂 (thanks colorado!)

I try to help those out on the forum when I can, and love having cars as a hobby

Last edited by Dereileak; 08-25-2020 at 08:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dereileak:
justnspace (08-25-2020), neuronbob (08-26-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 11:25 PM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
This RDX is ,my very first purchase of an Acura or Honda. The reputation of Acura, in my mind, was very good especially in motorsports, but not really all that present for me. Something about the RDX sparked my interest: it was not as ugly as the current Lexus line with their “cattle catcher” front grilles and lines, in fact it was actually a well designed car. While I lament the lack of a manual transmission, I kept coming back to the RDX when doing my internet searching of the road tests of crossovers. Why crossovers? Well, I spent my first 20 years of professional life as a Paramedic and injured my lower back numerous times and was finding it increasingly difficult to get in and out of my Mazdaspeed 3. I drove the Mazda CX-5 and was bored by it....so I made the plunge and visited the Acura dealer: BAM! Slam dunk....all I needed to do is to drive it and I was sold. Not realizing at first that the motor was a direct gasoline injection, like my Mazdaspeed....but this car didn’t produce soot. Long story short, I bought it and it is been my best car ever. Yeah, I have a bald spot from pulling my hair out about the infotainment system, especially Apple CarPlay, but when that system is playing my music recorded in 5.1 surround sound....it doesn’t get any better than that.

So, this Lutheran Pastor/car guy is so happy with this purchase, though I have updated my tires from the Goodyears at 10K miles. Now that she is lowered, I am completely happy. Oh, I will probably do an exhaust system, but not much else. Can I see myself doing SCCA track days with the RDX? Not likely, but who knows. I think it would be a lot of fun....problem is they don’t do those track days in Arizona any more, but who knows? Drive on brothers and sisters, drive on!
Old 08-26-2020, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
I personally know one of the drivers in that car, he's a local car broker here in Northeast Ohio. Pretty cool guy in person. I just saw that car last weekend at Cars and Coffee Cleveland. I also saw the previous record holding E63 last year, unfortunately it was wrecked earlier this year.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
astro (08-28-2020), Davius (08-27-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 08:32 AM
'07 Infiniti G35

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
I chose the wrong month to buy an Infiniti lol
Old 09-01-2020, 03:16 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
To enter, we want to hear about your Apex of performance this summer. Whether you're currently rolling on Yokohamas or not, share a photo of your car - all Acura models are welcome - and tell us about your best track experience, road trip, or drive during these socially distanced times.
My best road trip was back in March. I smoked all the fools and was first in line to enter the local Costco. Got my TP 🧻 and Clorox wipes, yo.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:18 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Every summer I am thankful that I am able to take time off and away from my workplace and go off to vacation throughout various places in the world. This Summer 2020 presented a new style of vacation that required us all to social distance to prevent the spread of COVID. While keeping my distances from others we decided to visit Mammoth Mountain, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Forest, and Sequoia National Forest to visit some of the most beautiful natural sites as well as some of the craziest canyon roads I have ever experienced.

Lake Tahoe

Mammoth Lakes

Yosemite

Yosemite

The Great Sherman, one of the biggest and oldest trees in the world

And my beloved TL-S

Old 09-08-2020, 09:38 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
This has been the absolutely least exciting year due to the COVID-19 pandemic and quarantine. Since March, I've put about 300 miles on the wagon, but did end up taking it into the most extreme conditions it's ever seen when I had to make a run to the beach because Mrs. Wagon locked her keys in our Road Pig and needed a spare set.

This was the first, and probably last, occasion the wagon will see time on the sand. Coincidentally, I am rocking a set of Yokohama S.Drive in the OEM size, which doesn't seem to be an option any longer, unfortunately. They were fine in the sand. Better on the super-slab cruise to and from though. All appropriate speed limits were observed, of course.

The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (09-09-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

hey @winkyyy check your PM by 5pm today or I'll select a new winner.