Tell Us Your Pinnacle of Performance, Win Yokohama's New ADVAN Apex™ Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Exclamation Tell Us Your Pinnacle of Performance, Win Yokohama's New ADVAN Apex™ Tires!

We're teaming up with our friends at Yokohama for your chance to win a free set of their ADVAN Apex™, an all-new Y-rated ultra-high performance tire that offers the Pinnacle of Performance. To enter, we want to hear about your own Pinnacle of Performance! Whether you're currently rocking Yokohamas or not, tell us about any time trial or track experience you've had and how you did. Include one or more photos from your experience in your post (be it of your time, your car's run, or just the event itself) and we'll send you a free AcuraZine logo decal.

Visit a Local SCCA Event
Haven't participated in a time trial recently? Yokohama's got the hook-up. Head to any SCCA event in your area, and if you're already on Yokohama tires, you'll receive a discounted entry fee. Check out the full SCCA event calendar to find a time trial near you, and click here to learn more about the #OnYokohamaTires discount.

No SCCA? No Problem
If you don't have any SCCA events near you, you're still eligible to win. Simply tell us about any other time trial or track event you've attended, whether it's one you attend between now and our November 1 contest deadline or one you participated in over the summer.

Good luck!

The Fine Print
All posts must be submitted by November 1 to qualify. After the submission period ends, we will contact those who posted a photo to collect mailing addresses for the free decal. This contest is being done in tandem with five sister Internet Brands communities: Rennlist, Honda-Tech, EvolutionM, NorthAmericanMotoring, and S2KI. Three winners will be chosen in total across the six sites. Please see the attached Official Rules below for full details.
Attached Files
Old 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of practice, need to get back

My performance driving happened years ago, and I miss it. I have driven Bridgehampton, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and Mid-Ohio. Also have auto crossed in many venues, both with Porsche Club of America and SCCA. IT has been some time, and I would like to get back into it soon. New performance tires would be a great excuse to start up again. I want them.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
This was my auto Type-S absolutely butt dusting my friend's RSX. NA bolt ons with some ultra cheap ass Triangle brand 245/17 tires. Ran my personal best of 13.7 with this car.
I ran my 6MT mostly stock, in the middle of last summer and ran a miserable 14.9, mainly due to poor traction. Today I have full bolt ons and am tuned with hondata flashpro. As much as I want to run the strip again, I know my tires really are not cutting it for performance use. I would like to try autocross, since most of my friends are into it. I've upgraded every part of my car's suspension and handling with the exception of the tires. A good set performance tires would definitely be a confidence boost to get onto the track with everyone else.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:50 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't time trial..................I just love to drive it !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2019, 02:41 AM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sadly, my Autocrossing and Track events ended about 5 years ago. Life gets in the way sometimes. But I still remember my first SoloII event. November 9th, 2003 in a new to me 1991 Miata on Yokohama ES100's. A woefully unprepared car on street tires in a race tire class. I don't remember the results of those runs, I'm sure they weren't good, or even fair to middling, but that kicked off about a 10 year run of events. The car got better prepared, I got around to being a better driver in a class more suited to the car's prep level . Ended up taking the Atlanta Region STS2 class championship in 2004 and 2007 with a 2nd place in 2006. Solo II led to track events on Road Atlanta, Talladega Gran-Prix Raceway, and Atlanta Motorsports park. More car prep, many sets of tires, lots of brake pads and rotors, but even more good times.

I sold that car in 2016 to buy my 2008 Type S, which I'd wanted since they were introduced. I was in the middle of starting a new career, and with a family to take care of my 'pinnacle' moved slightly lower on the 'sustained top speed and G-Force scale. The racing slicks are gone, but the drive is still there. I'll get back to it some day.

Very First Autocross. You can actually see the faint ES100 tread pattern, on factory wheels, in a 'DOT-R tires permitted' class. (Turner Field Parking Lot, Atl, GA)

Very last track event before the car was idled. October 19, 2014. Atlanta Motorsports Park

There are still ways to get your pulse rate up, legally. August 2019, Deals Gap TN.