So my TLX needed a manual tranny, and I found it in an Accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020 | 07:33 AM
Senior Moderator

So my TLX needed a manual tranny, and I found it in an Accord

TL/DR: I got a manual Accord X and it’s a pretty awesome daily driver. It’s a great stopgap while I wait for the TLX Type S.

So here’s another of my long-winded purchase posts. This one’s a few months late as I’ve had this car for almost seven months.

Some of you who have seen my TLX posts have read about how much I dislike the ZF9 transmission. Even with the fixes Acura added to the ZF9 for the 2018 MY, I found the transmission poorly responsive and while in right hand turns, would simply not allow power application. I suspect this is in part because of the way all the electronics (sensors, traction control, tranny) work together to avoid collisions. The system simply freaks out with any kind of enthusiastic driving, especially with curbs and buildings nearby. Ugh. I ultimately added a Sprintbooster, which immediately and immensely changed the driving experience in the TLX for the better. Giving an electronic “70% throttle” increased responsivity to throttle input. Even so, when the six-month to turn-in milestone hit, I was ready to get out of my TLX.

I did a number of test drives for practical fun (to me) daily-driver type cars.

Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. I almost leased (wouldn’t buy one, depreciation too bad) one of these. These are AWESOME. Looks good, HUD, AWD, great power, good interior (not quite Acura good but close). Hatch is super-useful, holds large items. Very responsive transmission well-matched to the power. More goodies than you can get in most Acuras. I would have gotten one in blue or that awesome “Nardo Gray”-ish chalk white.

Buick TourX. I am a wagon guy at heart and had always liked the way these looked. I have a relationship with our Buick dealer, since I’ve bought two Enclaves for my wife from there. It’s a softer drive than the Stinger or the Accord. Power feels more adequate than the 250 hp advertised. Interior is not as nice a place to be as the Stinger or the Accord. Cargo space was quite excellent. Ultimately, I wanted a better handler as a daily driver, and one with adaptive cruise control. Those were hard to find, unfortunately.

Genesis G70 3.3 AWD. So fun to drive even with AWD that’s not SH-AWD. It’s a little rocket! Unfortunately, it’s such a LITTLE rocket that the back seat is virtually nonexistent. This took it out of the picture early in the process. Don’t like the G80’s looks, so even with adequate back seat, no thanks.

So that brings me to the Accord. While I initially derided the Accord X’s “saggybutt” look, it’s grown on me somewhat. When I found a rare (at the time, only 3 in my area and 5 in 150 mile range of me) manual 2.0T in my preferred color spec, I test drove one for shits and giggles. The test drive was love at first sight. The shifter is night and light, perfect for city daily driver duty. The 1-2 shift has that weird “rev hang” Honda’s programmed into its manuals lately…weird but tolerable. The Hondasense adaptive cruise control…on a manual? IT WORKS and even slows down the car until revs are too low to remain in gear, in which you get a beep and a visual warning. WHOA, cool! If you shift down, the computer takes over to slow you down further. At speed, it will accurately track the car in front of you and match their speed. It even turns up to 10 degrees, just like in Acuras. Big kudos to the Honda team that worked on this adaptive cruise control for manual transmission, I am really impressed.

Yeah, FWD, but handles pretty nimbly for such a big FWD car. Well-controlled body roll in the turns, and feels smaller than its bulk. It doesn’t handle like anything with SH-AWD, but decent enough.

Power delivery feels more than the 252 hp advertised. In fact, there are multiple reports indicating that Honda under-rated the Accord’s 2.0. The turbo’s torque kicks in at only 1500 rpm, so this thing scoots in the city pretty much right away. I do not miss a V6 in this car. Further, I like the happy 4-cylinder engine sounds. K-series engines are so sweet... You don't hear turbo anything. No induction noise, no turbo spool up, no blowoff valve sound. You can hear the first two of the three pretty much on demand in my turbo NSX (video in my NSX thread in the 1G NSX forum of Acurazine).

This Accord reminds me of why I started driving Hondas 30 years ago—it’s genuinely fun to drive, easy to shift, fits me well, looks good, and is practical. I really love driving this car! The manual is no problem to use in heavy traffic, either.

When you throw in that humongous back seat for my teenaged son, ease of access to the back seat for my arthritic mother-in-law, and the ginormous trunk…all at only 3300 pounds, only 200 pounds more than my NSX, that sold me on the car. It comes with a spare tire! I made a deal, turned in my lease, and took delivery on 12/3/2019.

The Sport 2.0T is essentially an EX-level Accord as it comes with XM radio, Apple Carplay/Android, a sunroof, heated seats, the bigger of the two screens available to this gen Accord, and a power driver’s seat. There’s also a Sport 1.5T in manual and auto…that is an LX-level Accord and comes with none of the above stuff. Also rear seats in the 1.5 Sport have no AC vents! Unless you want ultimate fuel economy in a manual, I do not recommend the 1.5T. Compared to my TLX, it is missing memory seats (only an issue when I take the car for service), parking sensors (can be a dealer add-on), power passenger seat (my passengers don’t care and it’s just me in the car 90% of the time), Homelink (can be added with self-install as I can buy the part), a V6 (don’t miss it in this car due to nice low-end torque), good stereo system (the Accord’s system SUUUUUUUUUUCKS but it’s not a deal-breaker), and SH-AWD (this, I really miss). Compared to the TLX, I GAIN road-sign reading and a modifiable, digital left side of the dash. I can also add rear seat USB and heated seats to this car with OEM Honda products, and those were not available on any trim of the TLX. I also lose one of two navi screens. I prefer the toychscreen of the Accord and separate hard buttons for climate control, radio volume and tuning, and heated seats.

In seven months, the only issue I’ve had with the car is that during cold weather, I get a pilot bearing whine that goes away after I’ve driven the car in gear a few feet. It’s not an issue now. I haven’t had to take it to the dealer yet. I expect a first oil change at around 9k miles or one year based on usage so far, I’m at 4300 miles in nearly seven months. Been driving the NSX A LOT this spring, since it’s newly twin-turboed.

I purchased/financed this car instead of leasing it as this is a stopgap, I am planning on the TLX Type S. It’s a good thing I moved on it because the Type S (didn’t know it then) is still another year away at this point, and I’ll give it another year to sort through the teething pains. I’ll probably sell it myself to another manual enthusiast, rather than trade, because no dealer wants a manual car on their lot and trade-in value will be super-low. Note: Because I purchased a Honda, Acura forgave all leasing fees when I turned in the TLX. I didn’t even have to pay a lease turn-in fee. I added to the finance three months of the six payments I had left…I paid it all with the first loan payment, so…done!

Last…pics of my SNP ride. It’s exactly the spec I wanted for the Accord.

Still Night Pearl

The blue crew

SNP and OBM

The following 14 users liked this post by neuronbob:
00TL-P3.2 (06-29-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (06-28-2020), CCColtsicehockey (06-29-2020), civicdrivr (06-29-2020), KaMLuNg (07-01-2020), knight rider (06-28-2020), Midnight Mystery (06-28-2020), nist7 (06-28-2020), RPhilMan1 (06-29-2020), Sarlacc (07-10-2020), Slpr04UA6 (07-10-2020), SuperTrooper169 (06-29-2020), TLRoadto300k (05-19-2021), ttribe (06-28-2020) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-28-2020 | 09:40 AM
Latent car nut

Thanks @neuronbob for the write up and the pictures; I remember when you bought the Accord last December and was impressed with the look of the car and your analysis of the driving dynamics.

I do have one comment regarding your quote above which said, "I’ll probably sell it myself to another manual enthusiast, rather than trade, because no dealer wants a manual car on their lot and trade-in value will be super-low." I had the exact opposite experience.

Back in 2005 the lease was coming to an end on my 2002 530i (SP, PP, Xenon, Premium Audio) which I picked up via the European Delivery program. In the three years between leasing the car and lease end, we had moved several hundred miles and several states away from the dealership where I originally ordered the car. Given I leased via BMW-FS, the terms of the "turn in" stated I needed to return the car to the leasing dealership, or any other BMW dealership (but only if permission had been obtained by the non leasing dealership), I called my local dealership and talked with one of the managers (I don't remember if it was the Leasing Manager or the Used Car Manager) and asked if I could turn my car in with them. The response was simple, "Absolutely not! Do you have any idea how many off-lease 530i models I already have on my lot?" I pressed my case by saying it was virtually impossible with my schedule to drive the car back to where I'd ordered it, and he threw me a bone, "Okay, bring it in, I'll have a look at it."

When I brought the car in at the appointed time he walked out, reached half way to the driver's door handle, pivoted and said, "Oh yeah, we're keeping this one!" I was stunned, "What changed," I asked, "between our conversation last week and just now?"

"Simple," he said, "your car is a stick; do you know how hard it is to find 530s with a stick, much less one with the Sport and Premium packages?"

In the end, he had a CPO inspection performed on the car and put it on his lot two days later; no, that isn't quite right, he put it on his lot two days later, right next to his other 530i SP models, but with a $3,000 premium on the price. He sold it in three days.

Last edited by horseshoez; 06-28-2020 at 09:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020 | 10:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
TL/DR: I got a manual Accord X and it’s a pretty awesome daily driver. It’s a great stopgap while I wait for the TLX Type S.

So here’s another of my long-winded purchase posts. This one’s a few months late as I’ve had this car for almost seven months.

Some of you who have seen my TLX posts have read about how much I dislike the ZF9 transmission. Even with the fixes Acura added to the ZF9 for the 2018 MY, I found the transmission poorly responsive and while in right hand turns, would simply not allow power application. I suspect this is in part because of the way all the electronics (sensors, traction control, tranny) work together to avoid collisions. The system simply freaks out with any kind of enthusiastic driving, especially with curbs and buildings nearby. Ugh. I ultimately added a Sprintbooster, which immediately and immensely changed the driving experience in the TLX for the better. Giving an electronic “70% throttle” increased responsivity to throttle input. Even so, when the six-month to turn-in milestone hit, I was ready to get out of my TLX.

I did a number of test drives for practical fun (to me) daily-driver type cars.

Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. I almost leased (wouldn’t buy one, depreciation too bad) one of these. These are AWESOME. Looks good, HUD, AWD, great power, good interior (not quite Acura good but close). Hatch is super-useful, holds large items. Very responsive transmission well-matched to the power. More goodies than you can get in most Acuras. I would have gotten one in blue or that awesome “Nardo Gray”-ish chalk white.

Buick TourX. I am a wagon guy at heart and had always liked the way these looked. I have a relationship with our Buick dealer, since I’ve bought two Enclaves for my wife from there. It’s a softer drive than the Stinger or the Accord. Power feels more adequate than the 250 hp advertised. Interior is not as nice a place to be as the Stinger or the Accord. Cargo space was quite excellent. Ultimately, I wanted a better handler as a daily driver, and one with adaptive cruise control. Those were hard to find, unfortunately.

Genesis G70 3.3 AWD. So fun to drive even with AWD that’s not SH-AWD. It’s a little rocket! Unfortunately, it’s such a LITTLE rocket that the back seat is virtually nonexistent. This took it out of the picture early in the process. Don’t like the G80’s looks, so even with adequate back seat, no thanks.

So that brings me to the Accord. While I initially derided the Accord X’s “saggybutt” look, it’s grown on me somewhat. When I found a rare (at the time, only 3 in my area and 5 in 150 mile range of me) manual 2.0T in my preferred color spec, I test drove one for shits and giggles. The test drive was love at first sight. The shifter is night and light, perfect for city daily driver duty. The 1-2 shift has that weird “rev hang” Honda’s programmed into its manuals lately…weird but tolerable. The Hondasense adaptive cruise control…on a manual? IT WORKS and even slows down the car until revs are too low to remain in gear, in which you get a beep and a visual warning. WHOA, cool! If you shift down, the computer takes over to slow you down further. At speed, it will accurately track the car in front of you and match their speed. It even turns up to 10 degrees, just like in Acuras. Big kudos to the Honda team that worked on this adaptive cruise control for manual transmission, I am really impressed.

Yeah, FWD, but handles pretty nimbly for such a big FWD car. Well-controlled body roll in the turns, and feels smaller than its bulk. It doesn’t handle like anything with SH-AWD, but decent enough.

Power delivery feels more than the 252 hp advertised. In fact, there are multiple reports indicating that Honda under-rated the Accord’s 2.0. The turbo’s torque kicks in at only 1500 rpm, so this thing scoots in the city pretty much right away. I do not miss a V6 in this car. Further, I like the happy 4-cylinder engine sounds. K-series engines are so sweet... You don't hear turbo anything. No induction noise, no turbo spool up, no blowoff valve sound. You can hear the first two of the three pretty much on demand in my turbo NSX (video in my NSX thread in the 1G NSX forum of Acurazine).

This Accord reminds me of why I started driving Hondas 30 years ago—it’s genuinely fun to drive, easy to shift, fits me well, looks good, and is practical. I really love driving this car! The manual is no problem to use in heavy traffic, either.

When you throw in that humongous back seat for my teenaged son, ease of access to the back seat for my arthritic mother-in-law, and the ginormous trunk…all at only 3300 pounds, only 200 pounds more than my NSX, that sold me on the car. It comes with a spare tire! I made a deal, turned in my lease, and took delivery on 12/3/2019.

The Sport 2.0T is essentially an EX-level Accord as it comes with XM radio, Apple Carplay/Android, a sunroof, heated seats, the bigger of the two screens available to this gen Accord, and a power driver’s seat. There’s also a Sport 1.5T in manual and auto…that is an LX-level Accord and comes with none of the above stuff. Also rear seats in the 1.5 Sport have no AC vents! Unless you want ultimate fuel economy in a manual, I do not recommend the 1.5T. Compared to my TLX, it is missing memory seats (only an issue when I take the car for service), parking sensors (can be a dealer add-on), power passenger seat (my passengers don’t care and it’s just me in the car 90% of the time), Homelink (can be added with self-install as I can buy the part), a V6 (don’t miss it in this car due to nice low-end torque), good stereo system (the Accord’s system SUUUUUUUUUUCKS but it’s not a deal-breaker), and SH-AWD (this, I really miss). Compared to the TLX, I GAIN road-sign reading and a modifiable, digital left side of the dash. I can also add rear seat USB and heated seats to this car with OEM Honda products, and those were not available on any trim of the TLX. I also lose one of two navi screens. I prefer the toychscreen of the Accord and separate hard buttons for climate control, radio volume and tuning, and heated seats.

In seven months, the only issue I’ve had with the car is that during cold weather, I get a pilot bearing whine that goes away after I’ve driven the car in gear a few feet. It’s not an issue now. I haven’t had to take it to the dealer yet. I expect a first oil change at around 9k miles or one year based on usage so far, I’m at 4300 miles in nearly seven months. Been driving the NSX A LOT this spring, since it’s newly twin-turboed.

I purchased/financed this car instead of leasing it as this is a stopgap, I am planning on the TLX Type S. It’s a good thing I moved on it because the Type S (didn’t know it then) is still another year away at this point, and I’ll give it another year to sort through the teething pains. I’ll probably sell it myself to another manual enthusiast, rather than trade, because no dealer wants a manual car on their lot and trade-in value will be super-low. Note: Because I purchased a Honda, Acura forgave all leasing fees when I turned in the TLX. I didn’t even have to pay a lease turn-in fee. I added to the finance three months of the six payments I had left…I paid it all with the first loan payment, so…done!
Like the wheels, nicest ones IMHO in the whole Honda - Acura line up

Old 06-28-2020 | 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

[QUOTE=horseshoez;16594517]I had the exact opposite experience. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that story! That is pretty cool. I can at least get a trade offer from my dealer when the time comes. In 2019, Honda sold 725 Accord 2.0 manuals, and my 2020 was hard to find. I found this one purely by chance...so the purchase was a bit more impulsive than recent ones. People on the Accord boards are looking for them. Maybe my experience will be closer to yours...but I can't depend on it. We'll know in 18-24 months, or sooner if the right opportunity comes along.

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Like the wheels, nicest ones IMHO in the whole Honda - Acura line up
It's hard to see in the pictures, but there's a mild concave to these wheels. They look so good in person. Unfortunately, they are very frequently stolen. The Accord FB group has many pictures of Accord Sports on milkcrates and bricks. I've had to put non-Honda, spinning wheel locks on my wheels to keep them...

Last edited by neuronbob; 06-28-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2020 | 11:01 AM
Latent car nut

[QUOTE=neuronbob;16594534]
Originally Posted by horseshoez
I had the exact opposite experience. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that story! That is pretty cool. I can at least get a trade offer from my dealer when the time comes. In 2019, Honda sold 725 Accord 2.0 manuals, and my 2020 was hard to find. I found this one purely by chance...so the purchase was a bit more impulsive than recent ones. People on the Accord boards are looking for them. Maybe my experience will be closer to yours...but I can't depend on it. We'll know in 18-24 months, or sooner if the right opportunity comes along.
Well hell's bells, in 18-24 months I might be interested in your Accord.
Old 06-28-2020 | 11:48 AM
Safety Car

Off topic, but I didn’t realize you had a CTS-V wagon. I am insanely jealous, doubly so if it’s a manual.

Have you had a chance to drive the 10AT? If so, how does the power delivery compare to the 6MT? Just curious if there’s any torque limiting shenanigans for the 10AT in the name of longevity (presumably that’s not an issue for the 6MT)
Old 06-28-2020 | 11:52 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

That color is gorgeous!
Old 06-28-2020 | 01:59 PM
Rooting for Acura

Thanks for sharing that story. I love it when an enthusiast meets "his car". Sweet transfer out of your least too! That has to be the best least return story I've heard. Is it me or is royal (or pick a manufacture's name for it) blue making a comeback as a car color? Either way, it is a very nice and sporty color that looks good on your Accord as well. The Accord has always been my choice between it and the Camry. Not as polarizing as the "Mustang" and "Camaro" competition, but a competition indeed. The Accord just keeps getting better looking, my favorite being the last gen coupe. I was surprised Honda didn't make that an Acura. I'm lying, no I wasn't Anyway, congrats on your purchase! I was a good one for sure. Such a nice looking sedan.

edit: MC Hammer?! Really?
Old 06-28-2020 | 02:07 PM
Null and proud of it

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been loving the 9G!

It sounds like a car that does what you want and nothing else, IMO, the best kind of car!

MC Hammer really x2?
Old 06-28-2020 | 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Off topic, but I didn’t realize you had a CTS-V wagon. I am insanely jealous, doubly so if it’s a manual.

Have you had a chance to drive the 10AT? If so, how does the power delivery compare to the 6MT? Just curious if there’s any torque limiting shenanigans for the 10AT in the name of longevity (presumably that’s not an issue for the 6MT)
I have a manual CTS-V wagon. It's my second CTS-V and I've had it for 7 1/2 years. I've had a CTS-V in thegarage for 11 years now. My CTS-V Appreciation thread with two delivery sets of pics is here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-tal...g-45-a-716744/

I did try the 10AT Sport. It's a sleeper, for certain. Great power delivery, but doesn't allow you to explore the upper rev range much. Tranny is far superior to the ZF9. I just fell in love with the manual, wgich has power delivery much like a Type R, but with torque delivery earlier in the power band than a CTR.

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
That color is gorgeous!
Honda's SNP is gorgeous. I would have loved Nouvelle Blue from the NSX even more.

Originally Posted by knight rider
Thanks for sharing that story. I love it when an enthusiast meets "his car". Sweet transfer out of your least too! That has to be the best least return story I've heard. Is it me or is royal (or pick a manufacture's name for it) blue making a comeback as a car color? Either way, it is a very nice and sporty color that looks good on your Accord as well. The Accord has always been my choice between it and the Camry. Not as polarizing as the "Mustang" and "Camaro" competition, but a competition indeed. The Accord just keeps getting better looking, my favorite being the last gen coupe. I was surprised Honda didn't make that an Acura. I'm lying, no I wasn't Anyway, congrats on your purchase! I was a good one for sure. Such a nice looking sedan.

edit: MC Hammer?! Really?
MC Hammer, yes! I'm just olderish . I was in med school when the single and album were released. Had James Brown (RIP) on the 14-minute music video. Still good almost 30 years later .

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
CONGRATULATIONS! I've been loving the 9G!

It sounds like a car that does what you want and nothing else, IMO, the best kind of car!

MC Hammer really x2?
I try to choose daily drivers that are entertaining to drive, with low maintenance. Hondacuras fill the bill better than others.
Slpr04UA6 (07-10-2020)
Old 06-28-2020 | 06:46 PM
Null and proud of it

MC Hammer, yes! I'm just olderish . I was in med school when the single and album were released. Had James Brown (RIP) on the 14-minute music video. Still good almost 30 years later .

I try to choose daily drivers that are entertaining to drive, with low maintenance. Hondacuras fill the bill better than others.

I hear ya. Def Leppard is my favorite band and I'm 23.

That's the same reason I went to a 7G V6. Great car and cheap to own.
Old 06-28-2020 | 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Congrats man. stay safe at the hospital.
The following 2 users liked this post by asianspec:
Midnight Mystery (06-28-2020), neuronbob (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020 | 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
It's hard to see in the pictures, but there's a mild concave to these wheels. They look so good in person. Unfortunately, they are very frequently stolen. The Accord FB group has many pictures of Accord Sports on milkcrates and bricks. I've had to put non-Honda, spinning wheel locks on my wheels to keep them...
Have seen one in person with a good look over. Lady that is a friend of my wife has one. They are very very nice cars. Was a time in my life I could easily see me driving one.
Old 06-28-2020 | 11:02 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The blue looks good especially with the red Honda emblem!!

Any plans for flash pro??

Yea the accord is underrated for sure.
Midnight Mystery (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 11:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by iforyou
The blue looks good especially with the red Honda emblem!!

Any plans for flash pro??

Yea the accord is underrated for sure.
I may get a K-tuner, but only to program out that rev hang. Don’t want to mod a car I’m keeping for such a short time. I could change my mind, though!
Old 06-29-2020 | 11:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Wow, both of those blues are absolutely stunning. What a great collection you have there.

I also want to congratulate you on removing your front license plates early. I am very excited for my friends in Ohio that will no longer be legally required for a front plate.

I am really hoping Honda keeps the manual for the 2021 model year refresh. My TL has 67k and I am thinking in 3-4 years I can pick up a gently used 2.0T accord with a 6 speed in blue to replace it.
Slpr04UA6 (07-10-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 11:58 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Congrats and awesome write up Bob! The new Accords always have me doing a double take when I see them on the road. If my working from home situation ever changed I might find myself in the market for a manual 2.0T myself. What kind of MPG are you getting so far from it?

And of course the color is superb!
Old 06-29-2020 | 12:48 PM

I'm curious, you seemed to really like the Stinger, why didn't you pull the trigger?
Old 06-30-2020 | 05:24 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
Wow, both of those blues are absolutely stunning. What a great collection you have there.

I also want to congratulate you on removing your front license plates early. I am very excited for my friends in Ohio that will no longer be legally required for a front plate.

I am really hoping Honda keeps the manual for the 2021 model year refresh. My TL has 67k and I am thinking in 3-4 years I can pick up a gently used 2.0T accord with a 6 speed in blue to replace it.
Didn't you just get the TL a few months ago?
Old 07-01-2020 | 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL

I have been a front plate scofflaw for ten years. Good to know I'm now "free" of that (minor) worry! Yay Ohio! As far as the Accord X and manuals, 2020 is already built out, and there are no manuals left. I looked on Autotrader and Cars.com earlier in the week and there are no more new Accord 2.0 manuals, and even 1.5 manuals are in short supply. Will Honda bring such a rare car back for the 2021 MY? We'll know shortly...

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
Congrats and awesome write up Bob! The new Accords always have me doing a double take when I see them on the road. If my working from home situation ever changed I might find myself in the market for a manual 2.0T myself. What kind of MPG are you getting so far from it?

And of course the color is superb!
Here's my Fuelly:

Originally Posted by ttribe
I'm curious, you seemed to really like the Stinger, why didn't you pull the trigger?
The Accord is simply better bang for the buck, and...manual transmission. It was so close, though...I found a brand new, unsold 2018 Stinger GT2 that I could have had for low $40k's...it so nearly happened...
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
00TL-P3.2 (07-02-2020), Curious3GTL (07-02-2020), ttribe (07-03-2020)
Old 07-04-2020 | 09:43 AM
I drive a Subata.

Congrats! I love the new Accord. I did drive the 2.0T 6MT too and it did feel very robust. The backseats are HUGE too!
Old 07-06-2020 | 07:16 AM

Back seat in the Accord rivals the F150, I was shocked at how cavernous it is.
Old 07-06-2020 | 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

congrats on that rare find op! i know how rare it is to find these 2.0 turbos in 6mt, I was on the hunt myself just recently for my brothers next purchase...

he had a 2012 TL tech with about 140k on the dash. car hadnt been maintained for squat ( hes not an enthusiast at all). anyways, he wanted to get back into a 6mt so the hunt began. he drove a 2020 wrx and fell in love and almost pulled the trigger on a lease, thankfully i convinced him to sleep on it.

fast forward to the next morning and im browsing Craigslist and come across a 2.0 sport 6mt in white, with 7.0km on the dash! car literally had only been moved back and forth on the dealers lot. they wanted about 30k for it...

brother took his 2012 tech in and began negotiations, dealer offered him 9 something for trade in value. we countered with 10.5 and the sales rep said if he could convince his manager to come up, we would have to make a deal that day. we agreed and pulled the trigger!

ive driven the car a few times now and its definitely very smooth while shifting. ive also noticed the rev hang from 1st to 2nd and it really throws off my shifts. have you done any more research on that?

your review is spot on, honda really did a great job with this vehicle, not only mechanical but also design.
Midnight Mystery (07-06-2020)
Old 07-08-2020 | 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MyGuti
ive driven the car a few times now and its definitely very smooth while shifting. ive also noticed the rev hang from 1st to 2nd and it really throws off my shifts. have you done any more research on that?
I'm used to the rev hang now. I just shift into third and "be done with it". It can be programmed out with a K-Tuner or Hondata tuner.
Slpr04UA6 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020 | 05:33 PM
-------Tim-------

Congrats! Luv the Blue as well! Smart purchase in my eyes, but I’m also live within thy means! Lofl!

I hear of this twin turbo nsx, and I’ll check out the threads! I’d literallly die for the Vagon! And blue! Fuck! You have a good driving experience all around.
The following 2 users liked this post by Slpr04UA6:
Midnight Mystery (07-10-2020), neuronbob (07-18-2020)
Old 05-19-2021 | 06:43 PM
Senior Moderator

I sold my Accord to CarMax for more than I bought it for, about a month ago. I used some of the proceeds to make a down payment on a used, but virtually new RLX Sport Hybrid. If you want a sweet SNP Accord with Xpel on the front hood/bumper/side mirrors, and already ceramic coated, go git it! I sold it with 9100 miles on it, but it appear the local CarMax staff enjoyed the car for a while, as it's now got 10k miles on it.

Go gitcha one of the last manual Accords ever made!

https://www.carmax.com/car/20382314

I would not have done it but for the insane used car market right now.
The following 6 users liked this post by neuronbob:
00TL-P3.2 (05-20-2021), Costco (05-19-2021), horseshoez (05-20-2021), Legend2TL (05-19-2021), SamDoe1 (05-20-2021), wackjum (05-19-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-2021 | 08:17 AM
Ex-OEM King

I'd love to wait for used car prices to come back to earth and then go find one of these...