Schumacher driving style video... circa 1995

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,929 Likes on 5,543 Posts
Schumacher driving style video... circa 1995

http://molinier.thomas.free.fr/msdrivingstyle.wmv

great 8mb video showing Schumacher's driving style and what seems to separate him from many of the other drivers... and this was in 1995... after having honed these skills for this long, the man is basically a robot driver now... :unstoppable:
Old 01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's sick.....he's a god. Amazing to watch him race.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
I know its a comparison of legends but, I wonder how he'd fair against Senna with both at their primes.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Senna could beat him. It'd be great to watch, though.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
amazing!
Old 01-27-2005, 03:47 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
Back when Senna and Schumacher were competing together, I would agree. But now, with all of the experience Schumacher has up to this point, Senna would loose. Schumacher has continued to improve, even last season and is still the very best driver in F1.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
That is a very tough call, Senna was more of a racer, MS is more of a driver. Senna would take more chances, live closer to the edge, be in control of the out of control more often then Michael. Senna was also the guy to have in the seat if it was the last race of the season and the WCC and WDC were both on the line and both required a win. Mike is the guy to have in the seat at the beginning of the year when you want to clinch the WDC and WCC by the 12th round of the championship. I watched Senna over his entire career and appreciated his bravery and skill at the limit but because of his even temper, ability to make his team better, his superior fitness and smooth driving style (less stress on the car) I would choose Schumacher if I had an F1 team. Aryton's paranoia and supreme desire to win coupled with his titanium balls in part lead to that fateful day at Imola. It was the third race of the season, he was in front of Michael who had won the first two races in the Bennetton, Senna was convinced it had some sort of (then illegal) traction control, and was mad with desire to beat Schumacher. Such a shame that the reason we so loved to watch him took him from us.

I mentioned I would rather have Michael on my imaginary team, I would rather watch Senna race.

My perfect dream would be a new non-Tilke designed track that nobody had ever seen, two spec F1 cars (no LC, TC or auto gearbox), 20 laps in the rain on slicks, Mike in one and Aryton in the other. No other cars, no fuel stops, pure and raw.

Vandy
Old 01-27-2005, 04:22 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ilitig8
That is a very tough call, Senna was more of a racer, MS is more of a driver. Senna would take more chances, live closer to the edge, be in control of the out of control more often then Michael. Senna was also the guy to have in the seat if it was the last race of the season and the WCC and WDC were both on the line and both required a win. Mike is the guy to have in the seat at the beginning of the year when you want to clinch the WDC and WCC by the 12th round of the championship. I watched Senna over his entire career and appreciated his bravery and skill at the limit but because of his even temper, ability to make his team better, his superior fitness and smooth driving style (less stress on the car) I would choose Schumacher if I had an F1 team. Aryton's paranoia and supreme desire to win coupled with his titanium balls in part lead to that fateful day at Imola. It was the third race of the season, he was in front of Michael who had won the first two races in the Bennetton, Senna was convinced it had some sort of (then illegal) traction control, and was mad with desire to beat Schumacher. Such a shame that the reason we so loved to watch him took him from us.

I mentioned I would rather have Michael on my imaginary team, I would rather watch Senna race.

My perfect dream would be a new non-Tilke designed track that nobody had ever seen, two spec F1 cars (no LC, TC or auto gearbox), 20 laps in the rain on slicks, Mike in one and Aryton in the other. No other cars, no fuel stops, pure and raw.

Vandy
When called upon, Mikey sure can pull out a 20-25 second lead very quickly. He did that a couple of times last season - like a man possessed.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by ilitig8

Vandy

Sounds like Maverick versus Iceman to me.