RANT: two idiots at the car wash

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RANT: two idiots at the car wash

OK, I was waiting on the line at the handwash I frequent, and there were two cars ahead of me waiting to get their cars washed.

Behind Door #1: Some guy with his girlfriend goes to pull towards the tracks to get his mats vacuumed, and all of a sudden he puts the car in reverse and pulls the car in ass-first towards the track. He stops the car, and proceeds to bring the guys with the raincoats and the mitts over to his car to hand-wash it instead of running it through the machines, which are hand-wash anyway. I'm shaking my head at this point, because there's one problem: the guy has a 1997 Nissan Sentra! He holds up the line for like 15 minutes because they have to clean his car manually, then he proceeds to pull his car around to be dried off. I see his license plate: SR20DET. Talk about exposing a sleeper, that's like someone with an LS2 swap to put ''HASANLS2'' as their plate. I guess if I had a 3.5L engine swap in my TL-S too, I'd get special treatment and make everyone wait for an hour so I could get my junker cleaned specially! What a tool... plus the fact he had like 17'' Volks that probably retail for about $2500 and he had no paint left on his back bumper. Ricer...

Behind Door #2: Guy with an '02 TL-P, and he put a Type-S badge on the car next to the ''3.2TL'' on the back. Problem: the guy has a TL-P, and he put the Type-S emblem so fucking crooked that it looked like a 6-year-old put it on. If you're going to rebadge your car as something it's not, could you at least put it on correctly? I wanted to say something to him like ''nice TL-P'' but he probably would have no idea what I'm talking about. If you're on the board, stop posing.

Oh yeah, and I also saw a Jeep Wrangler with Acura license plate frames. That seems to be a popular thing I've seen lately, with license plate frames of different companies than the actual car, I don't know why.

By the way, I'm a little angry because there was a special reason I was at the car wash: my supposed ''alcoholic tank'' of a friend drank too much Dewars and threw up all over my perforated leather last night and I had to get it shampooed.

Rant over.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
There are alot of idiots in this world, unfortunatley, you ran into 2 of them infront of you at the car wash...I guess in times like this, all there is to do is shake your head and move on...This guy feels like he needs the special treatment, let him have it, maybe it will bring him some satisfaction while he drives his Sentra ( )
Old 12-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have lexus liscense plate frames on my car because I got it from a lexus dealership, and I'm too lazy to get other ones.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:37 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
I have lexus liscense plate frames on my car because I got it from a lexus dealership, and I'm too lazy to get other ones.
I'm talking about a car that's more than ten years old that has plates that look directly bought from a car wash or an auto parts store, not from a certain dealership. I wasn't referring to used cars bought from other dealerships, I'm talking about people that blatantly put on other companies' frames. That wasn't my rant though, I just think that's kinda funny.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:38 PM
That's Racist

Your story reminds me of the pictures of the mentally disabled guy that had 750Li badges and BMW badges all over his 4 cylinder accord sedan.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:22 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is this guy in my town that has a 4 banger 98-02 accord sedan with a "LEXUS" bade above the "ACCORD" badge(which is still there) one on top of the other. and the Lexus badge is gold, it looks so f'ng stupid I want to pull behind him and rip it off.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

i was in the city and this Civiic ptu BMW badges and a M3 badge on................................................ .............................................
Old 12-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn... missed out on my edit button.

yo matt... you posted in my Door sills thread, i dont know if u got my reply in tehre but if u still want em PM me, your box is full..
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Banned

That's the best B14 (1995-1999) Sentra joke EVAR.

The best part is that it's actually real.

:shakehead

sigh...
Old 12-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
People are pretty dumb at carwashes. This summer, one lady held up the auto wash at Petro Canada. The machine orders you to put your car in neutral. I was inside paying for my gas and asking for a wash while I looked at the video screen of the car wash. The lady goes FLYING through and gets stuck on the rotating brush! I was like wtf? Then she comes in and starts bitching out the guys working there, as if it was their fault. There is no way the belt can move faster than 0.5metres per second. It's physically impossible according to the instructions that the guy busted out. She kept insisting she didn't have it in drive. Stupid bitch. I stayed to watch the altercation though.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

<~~Type S badge on my 2.2
Old 12-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
omg- i was driving home yesterday, as i pass the carwash i see a beautiful new white RL coming out.. WITH A WREATH ON THE NOSE!

i was going to go back and take a pic, but it would have been to late....

that is the equivalent of fabric roofs on new buick lacrosse’s lol...

example:

Old 12-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

^Deandorsey - I saw a "wreath car" at Lowe's yesterday (old accord wagon). The wreath was so low, it actually turned from a circle into an upside down horse-shoe as the bottom wore off from dragging on the road...

My buddy and I got a good laugh at that one.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
El Presidente

i saw a Mitsubishi Galant w/ VTEC emblems
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
everyone that goes to a car wash is an idiot IMO
Old 12-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes it is!

In Texas the trend seems to be among the soccer moms to not only put a wreath on the front of your Suburban or RX300, but also wrap holy and and tinsel around your roof rack.

The "high end" wives even have working lights.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
But you drive an Acura? Dumb...I dont even use a frame, no need to advertise for a dealer...
Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by Deity711
In Texas the trend seems to be among the soccer moms to not only put a wreath on the front of your Suburban or RX300, but also wrap holy and and tinsel around your roof rack.

The "high end" wives even have working lights.
Wayyyy too many of those.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Deity711
"Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite"

lol
Old 12-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^^^^^wtf!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by CLpower
everyone that goes to a car wash is an idiot IMO
If you lived in New York and it was 23 degrees outside, you wouldn't want to be outside with a chamois, soap, and brush cleaning your car. Believe me on that one.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by MattT516
If you lived in New York and it was 23 degrees outside, you wouldn't want to be outside with a chamois, soap, and brush cleaning your car. Believe me on that one.
Seriously,..........It was - 8 today (- 16 with windchill) where I live,........there is NO WAY you can wash your own car unless you have a heated garage with a drain etc. Porbably tomorrow I will be stopping in at heated indoor car wash,.......where you clean your car yourself. I can use all my products/methods,.....just I need their warm facilities and water. Just got some new products delivered to my house today,...oh yeah.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes it is!

Originally Posted by deandorsey
"Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite"

lol

Haha,

My favorite is:
Oh, good color!
That's Bone.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Intermediate

AMG Hyundai

A couple of years ago I was driving through downtown Minneapolis...I saw a Jet black sporty car next to me. Being the car nut that I am, I was looking it over. It had all Mercedes and AMG badges on it with completely blacked out windows. It didnt take long to see that it was a frickin Tiburon....the latest one with the V-6...
WHAT A DILDO! Who would think you could pass a P.O.S Korean car for a high performance AMG Mercedes? The thoughts going through my mind was that the badges are worth more than the car!!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by joerockt
But you drive an Acura? Dumb...I dont even use a frame, no need to advertise for a dealer...
Like I said, I'm a lazy bastard. I don't feel like going out to get another frame, and I would want one because the plate alone looks like crap.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Drifting

some stupid chick hit me in the car wash..

I was in the bay washing my car and she pulled up to the vaccums behind the bay and just never stopped, It sucks to stand right there and watch your car get hit.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
i guess i need to get the f50 badge off of my es300