Photoshoot: Turbo e36, Stanced, Varrstoen 2.2.0, TEAL

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Received 290 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Yeah, no.

That as as broad as saying if I find an old 1 megapixel camera...take time and start shooting pics of my asshole I can post them in a public area and deem it a "photoshoot"

A photoshoot has to be scenic in some sense of the word. The car should look professionally presentable (no weird reflections or shadows) Which usually involves some use of pro gear be is giant diffusion frames or lights.

basically the results of a "real" photoshoot should yield very polished and professional looking product.

This is why I do not post "photoshoot" when I take pictures of my car. I took my car and shot some pictures. The day I post photoshoot...the results will be something very different.

Hell, I don't even call the photo I took this weekend of all the IE 392 Challengers a "photoshoot" I was having fun and doing the owners of those cars a favor by doing a couple of cool group shots for them.
QUESTION? Why is it such a HUGE DEAL with you on the PHOTOSHOOT thing? To me...and I am nobody that knows shit from shit to photography...) But those pics posted in this here thread look like a photoshoot of sort has taken place and quality is def up to par and far exceed any Point~n~Shoot quality of someone like myself just taking some avg shots of added trim, accessories or mods. The owner of the bimmer obviously can do this part himself and reached out for the next level of photography so he met up with predortorbird. IMO did a very nice job and brought all the quality to the image for what was in front of him...now the color and wing and all that is a differnt subject. But why do u take it so personal and start name calling or belittling those who take pics of their cars and call it PS or mini PS? Its obvious to me, this is your alley of specialty...But dam...
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,852 Likes on 2,589 Posts
Call it what you will.

I see it as two guys who took their car behind the local wal mart and shot some pictures.

Now, let's see if any bothered to notice, that NEVER did I bash the photos. Just not fond of the term "photoshoot" in a situation such as this.

And I stand by that statement.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by JayVee
But why do u take it so personal and start name calling or belittling those who take pics of their cars and call it PS or mini PS? Its obvious to me, this is your alley of specialty...But dam...
Ah ah ah...

Step back one second and re-read from the start.

I never cast the first stone. I simply stated I don't find this series of pics to be a "photoshoot" I never bashed the photographer or the photos.

Your homeboy, Dingo, decided for lack of better judgement to attempt to insult on my choice of model because I stated my opinion. And the only thing he had to go with was my car.

You jumped in and agreed him.

It went downhill from there.

Then, everyone seemingly kissed and made up...

Back to the topic of debate. The way one uses the term "photoshoot" is a pet peeve of mine. Always will be. Now that its so easy and inexpensive to get great quality gear, you have lots of people running around having "photoshoots" and pretending to high end or pro shooters when they have no business selling themselves as such.

I see it in photography, I see it in my industry of filmmaking. And its drives me nuts for several reasons. One being when it comes to paid work, they somehow snake their way in and then undercut everyones prices...which brings the whole playing DOWN.

I feel that using that simple term "photoshoot" is an extension of that.

I'm sure everyone here has their own pet peeves.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
gatrhumpy (03-30-2012), phee (03-28-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I still think this should be in Car Talk and not the Camera section.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I think the quality of the pics are excellent, although I think the content leaves a LOT to be desired. That is not the OP's fault, he did a great job. It's funny cause just this weekend, I was driving home with my GF from a family party and saw a Porsche that appeared to possibly be a GT3. Hard to tell for sure cause there were some mods done, and it had these BRIGHT orange rims. After pointing out how god awful cars look with colored rims, to which she agreed, I said I feel like that old fart now that always says "these kids and their music these days". I see lots of Civics, Integras, and WRX's with colored rims, but on this car, it really ruined the look of an awesome car.

About the photoshoot thing, I see both sides. I agree with some of the people that say some guys got together and took some planned shots of a car and hence it is called a photoshoot. I personally do not think the term is restricted to Pro shoots only.

I also see Sarlacc's point however, in that he firmly believes that a "photoshoot" is a term that is defined by pro gear, setting, and material. I think a large part of his feelings on this come from his job, which although is not directly in still imagery, is still somewhat related in that his job revolves around capturing images, although video. I know that I cannot stand when people talk about this awesome home theater they setup with this amazing remote that does everything, and I look and the wires are run under the carpet, and up the wall with wire molding, with a (UGH) Harmony running the whole thing. That is not a home theater. That is lazily installed surround sound with a fisher price control system that if you're lucky will work some of the time. So I can relate in a way to how he feels about something that is closely related to what he does for a living (as well as big time as a hobby).

Side note, I'll take a Challenger, SRT8 or not.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Ah ah ah...

Step back one second and re-read from the start.

I never cast the first stone. I simply stated I don't find this series of pics to be a "photoshoot" I never bashed the photographer or the photos.

Your homeboy, Dingo, decided for lack of better judgement to attempt to insult on my choice of model because I stated my opinion. And the only thing he had to go with was my car.

You jumped in and agreed him.

It went downhill from there.

Then, everyone seemingly kissed and made up...

Back to the topic of debate. The way one uses the term "photoshoot" is a pet peeve of mine. Always will be. Now that its so easy and inexpensive to get great quality gear, you have lots of people running around having "photoshoots" and pretending to high end or pro shooters when they have no business selling themselves as such.

I see it in photography, I see it in my industry of filmmaking. And its drives me nuts for several reasons. One being when it comes to paid work, they somehow snake their way in and then undercut everyones prices...which brings the whole playing DOWN.

I feel that using that simple term "photoshoot" is an extension of that.

I'm sure everyone here has their own pet peeves.
I wasn't speaking of the events highlighted above... I was just saying seems you are quick to defend a certain definition of the word PHOTOSHOOT when I have heard it for years. Even if it was one person with a point and shoot 5-10mp sitting curb side to a beach or water back drop... I assume you must be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER and more then likely, defending the trade or skill to your career. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Bird is the Word

Received 975 Likes on 632 Posts
Mods please change the title to "Photos I took of a Turbo E36, Stanced, Varrstoen 2.2.0, TEAL"

This was never meant to be a debate about what is a photoshoot. It's in the Photography section bc I felt that was the most appropriate section to put the photos in. I would love to hear the good and bad about my photos so I can improve my skills in the future. I'm always searching forums to get ideas of different angles and settings. I have my own style, but I'm always looking for new to improve.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Predatorbird
Mods please change the title to "Photos I took of a Turbo E36, Stanced, Varrstoen 2.2.0, TEAL"

This was never meant to be a debate about what is a photoshoot. It's in the Photography section bc I felt that was the most appropriate section to put the photos in. I would love to hear the good and bad about my photos so I can improve my skills in the future. I'm always searching forums to get ideas of different angles and settings. I have my own style, but I'm always looking for new to improve.
Don't worry, I don't think you did anything wrong. Even with Sarlacc's objection to using the word photoshoot in this manner, I'd be willing to bet he has no ill feeling towards you whatsoever. My personal opinion is that you did a great job. Like I said, I do not like that car, but I do like the quality of your pictures and think you did a really good job.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by 2001AudiS4
Don't worry, I don't think you did anything wrong. Even with Sarlacc's objection to using the word photoshoot in this manner, I'd be willing to bet he has no ill feeling towards you whatsoever.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Resident Dingo

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts
lol

my comment made this thread awesome
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Resident Dingo

Originally Posted by predatorbird
mods please change the title to "photos i took of a turbo e36, stanced, varrstoen 2.2.0, teal"
lol
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDingo
lol

my comment made this thread awesome

The following users liked this post:
TheDingo (03-27-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I was truly ignorant to the qualifiers.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

^ sarcasm? ...LOL! I think it was somewhat answered. ACCURATEin posted a definition and of course Sarlacc had something to say against that DICTIONARY definition since by definition "Any asshole can grab a camera and take pics and call it a "Photoshoot"... I just saying what was already said, not adding to it and starting this all over again
Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockstar21
so wait.
if he had the real version of the wheels instead of the replicas, you're saying it would look better?
something tells me it would look exactly the same, he would just have a more pompous attitude about his expensive wheels
I'm not saying it would look better with legit TE37's, I'm just saying he ruined the car by cheapening out on the wheels. Am I a fan of the color combo? Not personally, but that's just personal taste. Pompous attitude = legit wheels?

That's ridiculous.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
After putting all of that money into the car, I'm not sure why he would skimp out on getting a real set of wheels
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by JayVee
^ sarcasm? ...LOL! I think it was somewhat answered. ACCURATEin posted a definition and of course Sarlacc had something to say against that DICTIONARY definition since by definition "Any asshole can grab a camera and take pics and call it a "Photoshoot"... I just saying what was already said, not adding to it and starting this all over again

He was being serious...

And of course...dictionary.com much like wikipedia is 100% indisputable in its information...

PS...THAT was sarcasm.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Do you have a problem with us 3rd gen TL guys infiltrating your cameras and photography section of acurazine?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 151 Likes on 145 Posts
I like it aside from the wing
Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Do you have a problem with us 3rd gen TL guys infiltrating your cameras and photography section of acurazine?
I'm not the one who made this personal, and I had pretty much let this go.

But if you'd like to continue, you know better than the other noobs in this section that I can continue to play all day.

So, make your choice
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 PM
tehLEGOman

I'm not the one who made this personal, and I had pretty much let this go.

But if you'd like to continue, you know better than the other noobs in this section that I can continue to play all day.

So, make your choice
You didn't answer my question.

Do you have a PROBLEM with the influx of 3rd gen TL newbies coming into this fourm? Yes, or no.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM
The Third Ball

You didn't answer my question.

Do you have a PROBLEM with the influx of 3rd gen TL newbies coming into this fourm? Yes, or no.
I don't feel a need to answer your question. Its asinine and has no point or bearing on anything. You're just trying to cause problems based on an earlier comment I made.

I DO have a problem with retards, and right now you're really fitting that description to a T.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 PM
tehLEGOman

I don't feel a need to answer your question. Its asinine and has no point or bearing on anything. You're just trying to cause problems based on an earlier comment I made.

I DO have a problem with retards, and right now you're really fitting that description to a T.
I can tell you have a problem with us 3rd gen TL owners coming into this forum. I just wanted you to say it for the record. But you don't have to. I know you're mad about it. Sucks for you because there will be more and more of us comin' on over!

I'm gonna make a thread and title it photoshoot just to yank your stick around a little.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM
The Third Ball

I can tell you have a problem with us 3rd gen TL owners coming into this forum. I just wanted you to say it for the record. But you don't have to. I know you're mad about it. Sucks for you because there will be more and more of us comin' on over!

I'm gonna make a thread and title it photoshoot just to yank your stick around a little.
You know what they say about people who ASSume...so keep making your assumptions.

Think you're girl would have problem with you "yanking my stick around?"

Sad, I always your posts in the LEGO thread were cool...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
tehLEGOman

You know what they say about people who ASSume...so keep making your assumptions.

Think you're girl would have problem with you "yanking my stick around?"

Sad, I always your posts in the LEGO thread were cool...
The following users liked this post:
rossv1 (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 PM
The Third Ball

Nice, didn't answer the question.

Maybe YOUR girl would prefer to be the one to yank my stick?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
I can tell you have a problem with us 3rd gen TL owners coming into this forum.... there will be more and more of us comin' on over!

/sarcasm
Old 03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
tehLEGOman

Awesome, so now the morons from the TL section are making their way into our camera forum :why me:

If its so hilarious and true then how come your monkey ass is driving TL and not a TL-S?

I love it when a bunch of retards wander into a thread and have no clue what their talking about.

God the fucking idiots that leak out from the TL forums....isnt there any way we put up some sort of "electric fence" and keep the sheep in their corral?

Stay classy.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 PM
The Third Ball

Stay classy.
So, you like to keep showing how daft you are?

I didn't start the fight, I didn't make it personal...but I'll sure take the ball and run with it.

So, would you like to keep trying to show something that isn't there, or do you want to keep going?

Amazing how you're getting all butt hurt over something that didn't even involve you. Talk about staying classy.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Predatorbird
I met up with a buddy of mine on Sunday to get some photos of his new setup. Wheels are Varrstoen 2.2.0 17x9 et12 all corners with spacers for more poke ( 12mm in the front=et0 and 15mm rear= et-3)and 215/40 tires. The fenders are rolled and pulled. This color combo is not for everyone, but I must admit it looks pretty sick in person. Photos are taken with Canon XSi; rolling shots are Sigma 10-20 and stills are Canon 50mm f/1.8.

OP, Welcome to the forum. Don't let some of these people with thousands of posts run you away from here. It's a great forum. Sometimes people just get out of line and call names and talk out of their okole.

This was a fucking photoshoot.

I feel your rolling shots could land the cover of Eurotuner so keep up the good work.

The photo that stands out the most to me is the one shot from the right rear up the side. I like how only the front wheel and pavement around it is in focus.

As for the content, it's a beautiful red e36, and it probably sounds amazing when it's running. I will be in Florida in May, hopefully I will see this car around, and your TL as well. (HIN Orlando)

Good work.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
The Third Ball

Fucking crybabies
Old 03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
The Third Ball

Oh shit! whats this???

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=90

Yeah...thought so.

But I get it, inACCURATE, you had a hard time actually reading the thread with tears in your eyes.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 PM
tehLEGOman

So, you like to keep showing how daft you are?

I didn't start the fight, I didn't make it personal...but I'll sure take the ball and run with it.

So, would you like to keep trying to show something that isn't there, or do you want to keep going?

Amazing how you're getting all butt hurt over something that didn't even involve you. Talk about staying classy.
I'm literally going to look that word up. I've never seen it before.

I never said you started the fight. Run with the ball. Wait, what ball?

Wait. Wut?! Your post count it what's going. It keeps going up and up. There should be an award for post count.

My butt feels spectacular right now. You involved me when you started talking about the morons and fucking idiots that leak out of the TL section. I'm speaking on behalf of all of them. Don't call us morons, and don't call us fucking idiots. Why don't you help guide us in right direction? Tell us how we can be as good as you. How can we be smart? Oh wait, maybe we can't. You're better than all us.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Resident Dingo

^^ 33 years old, huh?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Resident Dingo

for challenger guy.. saw this today and it made me think of you

The only problem is that this person has someone calling him to bed
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by TheDingo
^^ 33 years old, huh?
I don't think he's going to stop.

So far tonight, i'm a fitting the description of a retard to a T, and now i'm a fucking crybaby.

I wonder what's next.
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
I think the only "crybaby" here is you David. If you had not gotten bent out of shape over someone using the word photoshoot, none of this hoopla would have ever occurred.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 PM
The Third Ball

I'm literally going to look that word up. I've never seen it before.

I never said you started the fight. Run with the ball. Wait, what ball?

Wait. Wut?! Your post count it what's going. It keeps going up and up. There should be an award for post count.

My butt feels spectacular right now. You involved me when you started talking about the morons and fucking idiots that leak out of the TL section. I'm speaking on behalf of all of them. Don't call us morons, and don't call us fucking idiots. Why don't you help guide us in right direction? Tell us how we can be as good as you. How can we be smart? Oh wait, maybe we can't. You're better than all us.

To start, here is the definition from dictionary.com you love so much:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/daft?s=t

I made a comment that I don't think its a photoshoot (and I don't). I never insulted anyone, but I was insulted...there's your ball.

Yeah...very original, attempt to insult my post count, yawn.

Boy you really are a cry baby. Man, if you don't like people from the TL section being insulted then you really should stay out of car talk when some of the more "genius" threads are moved from the TL forum to there.

You're getting your panties all in a twist over a broad generalized comment, and the reality is that its really hilarious how insulted and angry its making you. You want a critique, post a photo and ask for it, I give plenty of critique. Another side of calling something a "photoshoot" it puts the assumption that you think your stuff is so good it needs no critique.

Perhaps you should chill out. Go drive your TL, maybe go build something out of LEGO, change your tampon I don't know

But I do know you're dragging out one of the dumbest causes I've seen in awhile.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by rossv1
I think the only "crybaby" here is you David. If you had not gotten bent out of shape over someone using the word photoshoot, none of this hoopla would have ever occurred.
I never got bent out of shape over it. I made one simple comment. And I've made that comment on several occasions.

Its you whiny little bitches that decided to take that one opinion and turn it into a insult fest.

Do you seriously thing this warped perception you guys are attempting is going to stick?

Quick Reply: Photoshoot: Turbo e36, Stanced, Varrstoen 2.2.0, TEAL