Ez Pass

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ez Pass

I just signed up for ez-pass, I requested an interior tag for my '03 CL Type-S. Then I noticed that the '03 CL was listed for an exterior tag. I know the interior one works, and I probably wont attach it to the windshield and just hold it up or something when I go through like a lot of people do, but it might be a pain since my car is 6-speed manual. I have never seen an exterior tag, but I know it attaches to the front plate... does anyone have pictures of this?? Im curious to what it looks like on the car because I may request one of those instead since it may be more practical.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by aspar
I just signed up for ez-pass, I requested an interior tag for my '03 CL Type-S. Then I noticed that the '03 CL was listed for an exterior tag. I know the interior one works, and I probably wont attach it to the windshield and just hold it up or something when I go through like a lot of people do, but it might be a pain since my car is 6-speed manual. I have never seen an exterior tag, but I know it attaches to the front plate... does anyone have pictures of this?? Im curious to what it looks like on the car because I may request one of those instead since it may be more practical.
If no one else posts a pic, then I will when I get home. But, it's a black ~1.5" x 9" tag that you would mount with the license tag screws.

ex: EZP tag >>> License Plate >>>> Bracket/Bumper

I have the conventional windshield EZP tag in my minivan but the plate mounted one on my Maxima.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I got my EZ-pass, it didn't require an external mounting, so I still have mine plasted to the window. I put mine on the raised black dots next to the mirror, which will probably come off when I take off the ez-pass.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Team Owner

I have an 03 CLS and my EZ-Pass is mounted way up on the windshield directly behind the “dots” and dark tinting band.
It’s worked just fine there and hasn’t failed to read in over 2-years.

You can just see the bottom edge of it on this photo.
The white box to the left of the rear view mirror.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Shawn S
I have an 03 CLS and my EZ-Pass is mounted way up on the windshield directly behind the “dots” and dark tinting band.

He wants to see the bumper/external EZ Pass tag.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by F23A4
He wants to see the bumper/external EZ Pass tag.
Yes, I know.
But I’m saying he doesn’t need it.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Shawn, that's not a bad idea... I may try that. I would still like to see the external tag mounted though. I might want to do it that way anyway so nothing is mounted on the windshield... not sure yet.
Thanks guys.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Shawn, that's not a bad idea... I may try that. I would still like to see the external tag mounted though. I might want to do it that way anyway so nothing is mounted on the windshield... not sure yet.
Thanks guys.
I’ve seen the external tag on some New Jersey CL’s at Acura meets in the past.
Unless they’ve changed it, it’s just a license plate frame with a “lump” across the top with the electronics inside.
Usually it’s on the FRONT plate, but I’m not sure if it needs to be mounted there.
You don't list what state you're in, but PA doesn’t have front plates.
That’s why I wouldn’t want the external one.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Instructor

I’ve seen the external tag on some New Jersey CL’s at Acura meets in the past.
Unless they’ve changed it, it’s just a license plate frame with a “lump” across the top with the electronics inside.
Usually it’s on the FRONT plate, but I’m not sure if it needs to be mounted there.
You don't list what state you're in, but PA doesn’t have front plates.
That’s why I wouldn’t want the external one.
sorry, im in NJ... i wish we could ditch the front plate here, it makes the car look much better.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Instructor

If no one else posts a pic, then I will when I get home. But, it's a black ~1.5" x 9" tag that you would mount with the license tag screws.

ex: EZP tag >>> License Plate >>>> Bracket/Bumper

I have the conventional windshield EZP tag in my minivan but the plate mounted one on my Maxima.
any luck with that pic?

hey shawn, do you have pics of your car anywhere that I can see?? love that color
Old 01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Not to hijack the thread much, but where/how do you get the EZ pass? Does it work in different states? i.e. MD -> DE -> PA ?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sipark
Not to hijack the thread much, but where/how do you get the EZ pass? Does it work in different states? i.e. MD -> DE -> PA ?

Never mind.. Did a quick search and found the answer.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

EZ PASS is great. I have it on every car AND MOST IMPORTANT ...the ZZR1200 (motorcycle) ! On the motorcycle its mounted under the fairing and the sensor still reads it!

Tony Pace
Williamstown, N.J.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Senior Moderator

My Maxima w/ ext EZP tag. (Webshots is hosting pic so, it may become red X relatively soon.)
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

We don't have the exterior ones in Mass, but if you're concerned with "permanently" attaching with the interior ones, you can get these EZ-clips that have suction cups instead. I think it's something like www.ezclip.com.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bigwilliestyle
We don't have the exterior ones in Mass, but if you're concerned with "permanently" attaching with the interior ones, you can get these EZ-clips that have suction cups instead. I think it's something like www.ezclip.com.
That's what I have in my minivan.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:42 AM
ric
Safety Car

Thanks guys.
Mounting on the exterior of the car may, depending upon the neighborhoods you drive and park in, pose an opportunity for theft. Keeping the ugly box on the inside makes it more difficult, at least. Mine lurks fairly inconspicuously behind the rv mirror. In the city, I would never leave anything of value attached to the exterior of the car, even though I park in a secured garage at night.

THe box mounts onto two velcor strips that are adhesive adhered to the windshield. When I replace the car, I get new velcro strips and transfer the box. Not a big deal, and if I want to use the box in a different vehicle I can, though EZ pass takes a dim view of that.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:46 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sipark
EZ Pass also has reciprocity with other toll systems in a number of states beyond the mid-atlantic, including up at least to New England. Have to watch the lane markings.

Different authorities have EZ-Pass, and they have different billing procedures and statement procedures. I have NJ, most of my colleagues have it throuth the PA turnpike authority. By now, I think they all have online billing reviews, etc.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Instructor

My Maxima w/ ext EZP tag. (Webshots is hosting pic so, it may become red X relatively soon.)
i brought the picture up in another window, thanks.... thats not too bad, doesn't look too big.... they already sent me the interior one so i might just see if i can mount it high and out of the way. i saw those suction cup things too, but then the thing is going to be even bigger on the window.
thanks for posting the pic
Old 01-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Only cars that have special windshields, with some sort of antenna or anti glare things in it from the factory wouldn't work with sleazypass....My dad's work van, a Chevrolet Venture can no operate through the window, he didn't want to put it on the license plate because it broke on him before from people backing up into him while parking, so he put it on the grille.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
aspar, mount it behind the rear view mirror, you won't see it while driving
Old 01-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

think he wanted to see the bumper mount pass
Old 01-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CLovis
think he wanted to see the bumper mount pass
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...95&postcount=6
Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator

i brought the picture up in another window, thanks.... thats not too bad, doesn't look too big.... they already sent me the interior one so i might just see if i can mount it high and out of the way. i saw those suction cup things too, but then the thing is going to be even bigger on the window.
thanks for posting the pic
The virtue of the window type is that it's easily tranferrable between cars. But as I said, I have both between the Maxima and my minivan. I chose the plate tag on the Maxima because I feel that it's aesthetically better versus the window mounted tag. (I'm not too concerned about aesthetics with the minivan.....for obvious reasons. ) And on sub-freezing days, I neednt worry about my tag falling onto my lap because the suction cup moisture froze over.