Anyone own a new Ninja 250R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh a bike thread... yeah as many of you mentioned you really want to start off with a old/used bike. I had my work cut out for me on a 02 Yamaha R1 :P I bought it crashed and learned how to ride on it. Sold it and didn't get on a bike for about 5 years. Bought myself a 01 Ninja ZX6R and rode the livin piss out of it... got tired of the 600 and got my RVT1000R. Its like a night and day diff between a I-4 and a V-Twin motor.... sound alone is pure sex.

Insurance, no one beats State Farm..... 250 for whole year full coverage with 250 deductible. Zero tickets, and old fart

Enjoy the ride ! You Cali guys have it made, I am gonna head out to FL next month and rent me a bike so I can get around. I miss riding so bad I am making an excuse to go on a vacation just so I can ride a rental bike :P Woman is giving into the idea )
Old 01-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
So i've put almost 2,500 miles on the bike now, just finally got around to cleaning the carbs, wow what a difference! This thing is like a brand new bike! Next up are new tires, and then I'm going to replace/revalve the suspension. Then to the brakes.

But overall, i'm addicted, i'm gonna ride this ugly POS for sometime (It rides/runs great, just looks like complete ass; some idiot painted it with a roller).

I want a new bike, but will enjoy this one for another 6-7 months (Plus the wife would kill me, I still don't know how I got this one in the house.......but then again she thought it was a "scooter" till I brought it home)
Very sweet!!

I'm getting excited myself as I'm about 45-60 days away from getting a new bike. Still haven't sold the old one, but not worried about it. Once the real warm weather gets here it will sell quickly.

Regardless, I'm looking to full-time riding weather again.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
So i've put almost 2,500 miles on the bike now, just finally got around to cleaning the carbs, wow what a difference! This thing is like a brand new bike! Next up are new tires, and then I'm going to replace/revalve the suspension. Then to the brakes.

But overall, i'm addicted, i'm gonna ride this ugly POS for sometime (It rides/runs great, just looks like complete ass; some idiot painted it with a roller).

I want a new bike, but will enjoy this one for another 6-7 months (Plus the wife would kill me, I still don't know how I got this one in the house.......but then again she thought it was a "scooter" till I brought it home)

Cool, is she riding at all? I think I remember you saying she was going to take the course with you.

I've been looking pretty hard at my friend's Ninja...very tempting
Old 01-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
i'm waiting for the weather to warm up so i can take the MSF course too
Old 01-14-2009, 05:41 PM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate cold weather!

my bike is sitting in my garage about to get all torn down and rebuilt before the spring time....i wish i was riding at this time of year....

congrats! i can't wait to enjoy a full summer on mine.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weather sux down here too BOO
Old 01-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I needed this winter for my ACL reconstructed knee to heal up, so I'm ok with not riding right now, but let me tell ya...when April comes, I am going to be on my bike immediately!

btw. I have an 06 Raven R6...it's a beaut!