Anyone else like the Genesis G70? - Page 4 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else like the Genesis G70?

Notices

Anyone else like the Genesis G70?

 
Old 12-14-2018, 01:18 PM
  #121  
Senior Moderator
 
F23A4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Age: 50
Posts: 16,450
Thanked 470 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
The 9G Accord was my favorite Accord yet. However, I will acknowledge that Honda got the interior of the 10G on point, the 10G is a wonderful place to sit. Sorry for the continued threadjack of my own thread .
Agreed. Probably the best designed Accord interior to date. If they could just retrofit it to the 16/17 Accord...

But going back to our regularly scheduled program, Iím also not too smitten with the G70ís face. But admittedly, I feel likewise about my TLX. So thatís clearly not a deal breaker for me.
F23A4 is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 12:18 AM
  #122  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
I think i have said when i first saw the picture of G70 and i saw some review videos of G70 as well... i did not like the look and i still dont like it now, especially the front, Too busy and too many weird lines and creating all kind of weird shapes in the front.

New Accord, while it is not the prettiest thing on the road but i think it looks great, It looks a lot more expensive than a $25k car.

As i said previously, Stinger on the other hand looks great!
Wow, I thought I was the only one that actually likes the styling of the new Accord! It definitely looks more expensive than it is (well, the Touring ain't exactly cheap, but it looks more expensive than its immediate competition in my book) and the interior is absolutely lovely. I don't even mind the tablet-on-the-dash look in this car as much as I usually do. As I said earlier, I also really love the look of the G70 especially from the rear 3/4 view. It looks sporty and premium and I could easily see it as a new European car design if I didn't know it was a Korean car.

The best looking new car of 2018 though is hands down the Kia Stinger GT. It is just gorgeous from every angle in my opinion.
majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 12:53 AM
  #123  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
If anyone has noticed, most of the 16/17 Accords LED DRL strip is fully or partially burned out on one or either sides. I noticed this about 6 months ago and asked my service advidor and she said people come in all of the time asking for the bulb to be replaced, she then has to break the news that they need a brand new headlight and it may fail again. It is not covered under anything other than basic warranty, I think.


This automatically gives a huge dent in the 9.5 gen Accord, IMO, it will be very difficult and expensive to keep it working properly.

She was suprised no TSB was done as DRL is a safety feature, and resale may be impacted slightly.

Just my on the 16/17 Accord, otherwise, a Sport or Touring in white looks HOT from the front!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight Mystery For This Useful Post:
majin ssj eric (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 11:07 AM
  #124  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
I traded in my 2012 TL SH-AWD for the G70. Got the 2.0T Prestige AWD in NŁrburg Green and Caramel Brown interior. The Canadian version is different than the US. We get the staggered 19" rims and tires in Canada for the Prestige.
Was delivered on November 2nd. I already have over 4,000km on it with my lengthy daily commute. The Michelin PS4 tires were next to useless in snow so I got a set of 18x8" Genesis rims with X-Ice3 tires to go with it!
The G70 is 10" shorter than the TL and a little over 1" narrower. But the interior is just as wide. No elbow rubbing. About 15mm lower as well but short overhang so much better than the front end of the TL.
The rear toe room suffers a bit because of how low the front seats are and you lose a little bit of knee room as well.
It does corner like the SH-AWD but it drives better in every other way! The TL only felt sporty when cornering and mundane otherwise. The G70 feels sporty all the time!
Some minor gripes:
Voice Command is limited compared to Acura
No Driver 1, Driver 2 detection based on keyfob
Preferred the thigh bolsters on the TL cause they were slightly flatter
More storage cubbies on the TL

Bottom 2 images are with winter wheels.

Last edited by LNJ; 12-15-2018 at 11:20 AM.
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:25 AM
  #125  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts







Last edited by LNJ; 12-15-2018 at 11:27 AM.
LNJ is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LNJ For This Useful Post:
00TL-P3.2 (12-17-2018), JT4 (12-19-2018), majin ssj eric (12-15-2018), nist7 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 03:48 PM
  #126  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Looks like a slimmed down Infinti M sedan.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 08:06 PM
  #127  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
If anyone has noticed, most of the 16/17 Accords LED DRL strip is fully or partially burned out on one or either sides. I noticed this about 6 months ago and asked my service advidor and she said people come in all of the time asking for the bulb to be replaced, she then has to break the news that they need a brand new headlight and it may fail again. It is not covered under anything other than basic warranty, I think.


This automatically gives a huge dent in the 9.5 gen Accord, IMO, it will be very difficult and expensive to keep it working properly.

She was suprised no TSB was done as DRL is a safety feature, and resale may be impacted slightly.

Just my on the 16/17 Accord, otherwise, a Sport or Touring in white looks HOT from the front!
I have also noticed this on a LOT of 9G Accords as well and have always wondered why I see it so often. I mean, LED's last basically forever so what is Honda doing wrong with this DRL and I wonder if the 10G will experience the same issues down the line?

Also, that's a mighty pretty new ride ya got there LNJ!!! You definitely need to take her out for a dedicated photo shoot as I would love to see more of your new G70, especially the interior! Congrats!

majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 08:16 PM
  #128  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts







Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
I have also noticed this on a LOT of 9G Accords as well and have always wondered why I see it so often. I mean, LED's last basically forever so what is Honda doing wrong with this DRL and I wonder if the 10G will experience the same issues down the line?

Also, that's a mighty pretty new ride ya got there LNJ!!! You definitely need to take her out for a dedicated photo shoot as I would love to see more of your new G70, especially the interior! Congrats!
Thanks. There hasn't been a nice sunny day since I got the car which coincided with it being clean!
Only have cellphone shots so far!
LNJ is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LNJ For This Useful Post:
00TL-P3.2 (12-17-2018), majin ssj eric (12-15-2018), nist7 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 08:39 PM
  #129  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
I have also noticed this on a LOT of 9G Accords as well and have always wondered why I see it so often. I mean, LED's last basically forever so what is Honda doing wrong with this DRL and I wonder if the 10G will experience the same issues down the line?
It started happening very soon after the 9.5 Accords hit the road... So far, looks like 10gen and 5gen CR-V have bedn fine!
Also, that's a mighty pretty new ride ya got there LNJ!!! You definitely need to take her out for a dedicated photo shoot as I would love to see more of your new G70, especially the interior! Congrats!
Nice car!!!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 PM
  #130  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
Yeah that thing is sweet looking! I love when the gauge needles point straight down like that (I'm weird about the stupid stuff I like)! Smart phones can take nearly DSLR looking pics nowadays so get her cleaned up and find a cool looking spot and snap some pics! Best time for lighting is right before sunset I have found...
majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:27 PM
  #131  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
The TL would jump up and down for distance to empty based on how you drove. The G70 doesn't jump up. It just starts at wherever after refueling and then drops slower if you drive frugally. Wish the tank was at least 5 liters bigger but I can do 800km plus just highway. Was able to do 900km plus on TL but the TL also had a much bigger fuel tank!




LNJ is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:29 PM
  #132  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
Yeah that thing is sweet looking! I love when the gauge needles point straight down like that (I'm weird about the stupid stuff I like)! Smart phones can take nearly DSLR looking pics nowadays so get her cleaned up and find a cool looking spot and snap some pics! Best time for lighting is right before sunset I have found...
Just got 20% tints all around yesterday. Once it cures, I will take some pics!
LNJ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to LNJ For This Useful Post:
majin ssj eric (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 01:03 AM
  #133  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Gauges remind me of a 1gen TSX and the font looks like a VW!

TL's and their big tanks FTW!

Hate the deceptive trip comuter though, it's kinda funny, you can gain 50-100 miles range in 5 minutes on the highway after city traffic...
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-16-2018, 09:56 AM
  #134  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Gauges remind me of a 1gen TSX and the font looks like a VW!

TL's and their big tanks FTW!

Hate the deceptive trip comuter though, it's kinda funny, you can gain 50-100 miles range in 5 minutes on the highway after city traffic...
I could barely do my weekly work commute with a full tank on the TL. That's 700km just to work and another 20km back and forth to the gas station of my choice. The minute you slow down for a stop sign or go through smaller communities with apples restrictions, you're screwed.
No problem with the G70 even with the smaller gas tank. It has a coasting mode which decouples the engine from the transmission and can also do 100% rear bias in Comfort mode to be more fuel efficient.
If I had the TL fuel tank and the G70 frugality, it would be perfect!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 10:03 AM
  #135  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,503
Thanked 789 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by LNJ View Post


I could barely do my weekly work commute with a full tank on the TL. That's 700km just to work and another 20km back and forth to the gas station of my choice. The minute you slow down for a stop sign or go through smaller communities with apples restrictions, you're screwed.
No problem with the G70 even with the smaller gas tank. It has a coasting mode which decouples the engine from the transmission and can also do 100% rear bias in Comfort mode to be more fuel efficient.
If I had the TL fuel tank and the G70 frugality, it would be perfect!
So you're saying you can get 720 kilometers out of a tank on the G70? Hmmm, call me a skeptic, but that sounds like a stretch.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 10:12 AM
  #136  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez View Post
So you're saying you can get 720 kilometers out of a tank on the G70? Hmmm, call me a skeptic, but that sounds like a stretch.
I did just under 740km 2 weeks ago because of all the detours I had to take. The range to empty is deceptive on the G70. You can drive 100km frugally and it will only decrease by 60km. The range to empty on the TL was overly optimistic until you hit the brakes a few times then all of a sudden you lose 100km!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 09:02 PM
  #137  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
I agree those gauges kinda remind me of my first generation TSX in a way. They look great but I'm not a big fan of kph speedos as they always look so busy! Speaking of fuel capacity, I LOVE my 19 gallon tank in my Genesis! I've gotten over 550 miles out of a tank before but I chickened out and fueled up even though there was still more than a gallon left in there! Of course my commute is ALL highway miles and I keep it to 55 mph for the most part so I can sometimes get up to 35 mpg, even with over 200k miles on the clock!
majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 09:31 PM
  #138  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
I agree those gauges kinda remind me of my first generation TSX in a way. They look great but I'm not a big fan of kph speedos as they always look so busy! Speaking of fuel capacity, I LOVE my 19 gallon tank in my Genesis! I've gotten over 550 miles out of a tank before but I chickened out and fueled up even though there was still more than a gallon left in there! Of course my commute is ALL highway miles and I keep it to 55 mph for the most part so I can sometimes get up to 35 mpg, even with over 200k miles on the clock!
Been wondering who has/had a TSX...
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-16-2018, 09:57 PM
  #139  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Been wondering who has/had a TSX...
Got a brand new silver one in late summer 2004 and promptly joined AZine! She was a damn beauty and I loved that car so much! Eventually ended up trading in on a brand new early-2006 Civic Si, back when they were still almost impossible to find because I wanted that 8k rpm redline and sweet Honda 6MT!

Still miss my old TSX though to this day (AND my 4G Prelude VTEC)...

majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 10:18 PM
  #140  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
Got a brand new silver one in late summer 2004 and promptly joined AZine! She was a damn beauty and I loved that car so much! Eventually ended up trading in on a brand new early-2006 Civic Si, back when they were still almost impossible to find because I wanted that 8k rpm redline and sweet Honda 6MT!

Still miss my old TSX though to this day (AND my 4G Prelude VTEC)...

Nice garage!

I'm really thinking of getting a 1gen TSX in several months maybe. Better handling , smaller/lighter and not as technical as the TL.

Was it auto or 6 speed?


OP's thread is beginning to look like just a sedan appreciation thread.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:31 AM
  #141  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,948
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,091 Posts
LNJ
Love the color on the G70, good to see someone pulled the trigger on one.
I'll be interested to see how it compares to the W205 when they start hitting Houston dealers.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:54 AM
  #142  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2 View Post
LNJ
Love the color on the G70, good to see someone pulled the trigger on one.
I'll be interested to see how it compares to the W205 when they start hitting Houston dealers.
Thank you. It is a very unique colour. Looks grey when overcast and in shade but green in sunlight.
It is also unique cause in the US, the green is only available in the limited Design Edition and the brown interior is not available at all!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM
  #143  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,948
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,091 Posts
The green looks amazing, reminds me a bit of the 2G TL Laguna Green, based on your description.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 11:07 AM
  #144  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2 View Post
The green looks amazing, reminds me a bit of the 2G TL Laguna Green, based on your description.
It's more like a darker flatter Jaguar green!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 11:53 AM
  #145  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,948
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,091 Posts

For kicks I checked online, the 4 closest Genesis dealers (co-housed with Hyundai) have a total of 5 cars, all G80s & 1 G90.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 08:07 PM
  #146  
Punk Rocker
 
majin ssj eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 3,565
Thanked 70 Times in 53 Posts
I agree, that green looks spectacular on your G70! I am personally a white fanboy (though I went with my Genesis despite it being dark blue because it was such a good deal at the time) but I'd totally rock the G70 in that green color! The only color I would never consider is red as I really loathe red cars (well, if they aren't Ferraris)!
majin ssj eric is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 08:48 PM
  #147  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2 View Post

For kicks I checked online, the 4 closest Genesis dealers (co-housed with Hyundai) have a total of 5 cars, all G80s & 1 G90.
Lot more available the Norrh East at the moment. The northern states have mostly AWD and the southern states have RWD.

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
I agree, that green looks spectacular on your G70! I am personally a white fanboy (though I went with my Genesis despite it being dark blue because it was such a good deal at the time) but I'd totally rock the G70 in that green color! The only color I would never consider is red as I really loathe red cars (well, if they aren't Ferraris)!
It's sexy in real life but hard to take a picture of.
This is what it looks like in real life and ideal lighting:




LNJ is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:16 PM
  #148  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Looks very European... Reminds me of a Jag...
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 PM
  #149  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
It's got it's own design though... I definitely see some Stinger in it's general shape!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 PM
  #150  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
The whole time I thought this thread was about the MMC Hyundai Genesis....


Didn't know they already separated the brand...



Are they planning on having their own dealers soon?
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 05:10 AM
  #151  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
The whole time I thought this thread was about the MMC Hyundai Genesis....


Didn't know they already separated the brand...



Are they planning on having their own dealers soon?
They're sorting it out in the US. But here in Canada, we have boutiques. You book a test drive online and they bring it to you. You only deal with 1 person. This is your Genesis Experience Manager. The GXM is your sole point of contact for everything. Then you order the car online and it gets delivered to you. Either your GXM delivers it by driving to you or in a glass trailer.
Never have to set foot in a dealership ever cause the maintenance is free for 5 years and they pick up and leave you another Genesis and drop it back off.
White-glove treatment the whole time!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-18-2018, 05:22 AM
  #152  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by LNJ View Post

They're sorting it out in the US. But here in Canada, we have boutiques. You book a test drive online and they bring it to you. You only deal with 1 person. This is your Genesis Experience Manager. The GXM is your sole point of contact for everything. Then you order the car online and it gets delivered to you. Either your GXM delivers it by driving to you or in a glass trailer.
Never have to set foot in a dealership ever cause the maintenance is free for 5 years and they pick up and leave you another Genesis and drop it back off.
White-glove treatment the whole time!

I see... That's nice, but I like to "drop in" unannounced when car shopping... Hmmm....


Seems too much like Carvana or something, but I see how it's convenient, and free maintenance, my goodness... And for a realistic amount of time too...

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 12-18-2018 at 05:23 AM. Reason: O
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-18-2018, 06:03 AM
  #153  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
I see... That's nice, but I like to "drop in" unannounced when car shopping... Hmmm....


Seems too much like Carvana or something, but I see how it's convenient, and free maintenance, my goodness... And for a realistic amount of time too...
I tried to drop in to the Hyundai dealership which owns the Genesis. They store the cars in a different spot and only had used ones there. The Hyundai people told me I had to get in contact with Genesis for a test drive and that they can't sell you one and are not trained in Genesis!
So basically in Canada, Genesis is its own entity.
In the US, Genesis tried to do the same and make it more exclusive by only giving some dealers the license but the dealers and individual statea started suing them which is what caused the delay in launch!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 09:25 PM
  #154  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
neuronbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cleveland area, OH
Posts: 19,226
Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,758 Posts
Damn, looking at Stinger GT2s as well.

I'm gonna do some test drives this weekend. If I can get out of my TLX lease without killing myself financially, I think I'm going to try. It's the right time of year and I am currently back to hating my TLX. What a piece of shiz it is, especially with the awful, dismal, horrible, POS transmission. I'd like to push the car off a cliff. Worse, right now, the only cars that Acura makes that are interesting to me right now are the new RDX and the NC1 NSX. Everything else is "blech".
neuronbob is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 12:44 AM
  #155  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
Damn, looking at Stinger GT2s as well.

I'm gonna do some test drives this weekend. If I can get out of my TLX lease without killing myself financially, I think I'm going to try. It's the right time of year and I am currently back to hating my TLX. What a piece of shiz it is, especially with the awful, dismal, horrible, POS transmission. I'd like to push the car off a cliff. Worse, right now, the only cars that Acura makes that are interesting to me right now are the new RDX and the NC1 NSX. Everything else is "blech".


Let's hope the TypeS will be better!

I wanted to push my TL off a cliff too... I am sorry that I actually said that. TLX tranny is supposed to annoying as all F.

How about the new Accord? Or do you need some Lux for your butt?


Have fun test driving!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 01:17 AM
  #156  
Registered Member
 
RDX10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,757
Thanked 596 Times in 482 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
Damn, looking at Stinger GT2s as well.

I'm gonna do some test drives this weekend. If I can get out of my TLX lease without killing myself financially, I think I'm going to try. It's the right time of year and I am currently back to hating my TLX. What a piece of shiz it is, especially with the awful, dismal, horrible, POS transmission. I'd like to push the car off a cliff. Worse, right now, the only cars that Acura makes that are interesting to me right now are the new RDX and the NC1 NSX. Everything else is "blech".
You pretty much confirm what I've been thinking all along. I've read a few times that the ZF9 is supposedly good now and no longer bad and I personally have a hard time believing that given its inherent design. Shame on Honda for putting it in the new Passport.
RDX10 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 10:44 AM
  #157  
LNJ
Registered Member
 
LNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 290
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Let's hope the TypeS will be better!

I wanted to push my TL off a cliff too... I am sorry that I actually said that. TLX tranny is supposed to annoying as all F.

How about the new Accord? Or do you need some Lux for your butt?


Have fun test driving!
I loved my TL SH-AWD but the front end was overly long and a pain scraping and parking.
And it was so bad with mixed driving and city. But I loved the seats and cockpit like center console.
But man did it understeer like crazy when not on power.
And it was stupid with power transfer in winter. It wasn't smart enough to do 50/50 or a higher front bias when accelerating through corners or in slippery situations.
It either 90:10, 70:30, and 30:70 or nothing!
LNJ is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 11:39 AM
  #158  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 228 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by LNJ View Post

I loved my TL SH-AWD but the front end was overly long and a pain scraping and parking.
And it was so bad with mixed driving and city. But I loved the seats and cockpit like center console.
But man did it understeer like crazy when not on power.
And it was stupid with power transfer in winter. It wasn't smart enough to do 50/50 or a higher front bias when accelerating through corners or in slippery situations.
It either 90:10, 70:30, and 30:70 or nothing!
Always was curious about the 4G SH-AWD TLs. Mine was a 2008 Base. Drove like a boat, but handked really well in corners! I was annoyed by the bad turning radius, super low entery/exit height, and needing a lot of maintenance.


My Kia annoys me with it's driving characteristics.
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 12:09 PM
  #159  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,503
Thanked 789 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
...Mine was a 2008 Base. Drove like a boat, but handled really well in corners! I was annoyed by the bad turning radius, super low entery/exit height, and needing a lot of maintenance.
Hard to believe you're talking about a 3G TL, other than a rather wide turning radius, I have no such complaints about my 3G.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 12:36 PM
  #160  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,948
Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,091 Posts
Good luck Bob. I really liked the Stinger, even in 2.0T guise, the GT 3.3TT were out of my budget, and dealers weren't budging much on the pricing at the time.
A good sized car, that doesn't drive like it's as big as it is. Hopefully you get a chance to cross shop the Stinger & G70, and can report back on them.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else like the Genesis G70?


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.