750 has a check engine light... - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

750 has a check engine light...

Notices

750 has a check engine light...

 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 AM
  #41  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts

A big reason, besides $$, that I haven't really looked for anything yet for my F.
The few that I've found, that I really like, are big $$$.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 11:02 AM
  #42  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
I thought about bronze, and then the machined...but settled on black (i'm white too).......also ordered white door handles and mirror covers today.



I just realized i am spending the money i put aside for new turbos on the 911
Well, all cars cost us money!

I like the Machined NVs as well but haven't decided yet. My FJ has the blacked out treatment so I'm going another way with the Tundra. Plus, it's my business vehicle, so have to figure out what works with the colors I have in addition to the stock white paint color. For now I'll likely keep the stock TRD wheels and paint the bead-lock rings to match my logo. I have a new trailer on the way so spending more money on the vehicles is on hold for now
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 AM
  #43  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,615
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,705 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
I thought about bronze, and then the machined...but settled on black (i'm white too).......also ordered white door handles and mirror covers today.



I just realized i am spending the money i put aside for new turbos on the 911
Stop spending the 911 funds. Those are very important funds
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 11:51 AM
  #44  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Stop spending the 911 funds. Those are very important funds
We'll be alright Will just delay things a little bit.


Tundra will get the following:
LIft - Ordered
Wheels/Tires - Basically ordered
Running boards - ordered
Some cosmetic stuff (colored door handles, mirrors, front bumper where it's chrome in white) - ordered


That'll be it, maybe exhaust, but not in a rush




911 Plans
Clutch - In the garage already, just need to get put in
Wheels - been out getting rebuilt and refinished for a few weeks now (widened and color change, waiting on new hardware from CCW which has been a f'ing nightmare)
Turbo's/Injectors/New Tune - will be delayed a few months, goal is 550-600 AWHP
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
  #45  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
^ I'm resisting buying the Dirty Deeds header/exhaust combo myself...
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 PM
  #46  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
^ I'm resisting buying the Dirty Deeds header/exhaust combo myself...
yea, for me, i'm old. And I work from the car a lot. I need something with no drone. The exhaust i have on the 911 is drone free.



BTW, changed up wheels. NV's were backordered.....and found a place local that makes wheels only for toyotas. Went and picked these up today.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/sr8

CLpower is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 07:09 PM
  #47  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Suspension/Wheels/Tires will go on tomorrow.......car has 22 miles on it right now :grin:
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 07:47 PM
  #48  
Chapter Leader (Houston)
iTrader: (7)
 
TLDude876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redneckville
Age: 33
Posts: 3,196
Thanked 1,062 Times in 801 Posts
post some pics man
TLDude876 is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 08:46 PM
  #49  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
It looks just like the stock photo I put up in the first post. Wait till I get some shit on it tomorrow.
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:18 PM
  #50  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,615
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,705 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
We'll be alright Will just delay things a little bit.


Tundra will get the following:
LIft - Ordered
Wheels/Tires - Basically ordered
Running boards - ordered
Some cosmetic stuff (colored door handles, mirrors, front bumper where it's chrome in white) - ordered


That'll be it, maybe exhaust, but not in a rush




911 Plans
Clutch - In the garage already, just need to get put in
Wheels - been out getting rebuilt and refinished for a few weeks now (widened and color change, waiting on new hardware from CCW which has been a f'ing nightmare)
Turbo's/Injectors/New Tune - will be delayed a few months, goal is 550-600 AWHP
Glad to hear the projects for the 911 are still on. That will be nice amount of power with AWD.

Interested in hearing the issues with CCW. They are one brands on my short list for wheels I am considering for next year for the Wagon.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM
  #51  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
The problem was with weld racing (they bought ccw and apparently all hardware ships from them). I ordered 120 new bolts/nuts/washers and 4 new valve stems. Original delivery was 10 nuts and a valve stem. My ccw guy was livid. Fired it up to the vp of ops and then there was a delay in parts being back ordered to them. All in all about 5 weeks to get.

When I ordered new barrels from them it toon less then 5 days to my door.
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:20 PM
  #52  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
First mod. Removed the stupid stickers

750 has a check engine light...-photo738.jpg


Then realized all my detailing shit (adhesive remover) is in a box at the bottom of other boxes. So still some residue.
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM
  #53  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,615
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,705 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
The problem was with weld racing (they bought ccw and apparently all hardware ships from them). I ordered 120 new bolts/nuts/washers and 4 new valve stems. Original delivery was 10 nuts and a valve stem. My ccw guy was livid. Fired it up to the vp of ops and then there was a delay in parts being back ordered to them. All in all about 5 weeks to get.

When I ordered new barrels from them it toon less then 5 days to my door.
Dang 5 weeks for some hardware is crazy. I get why he was livid. Also had no idea Weld bought CCW.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 AM
  #54  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
yea, for me, i'm old. And I work from the car a lot. I need something with no drone. The exhaust i have on the 911 is drone free.



BTW, changed up wheels. NV's were backordered.....and found a place local that makes wheels only for toyotas. Went and picked these up today.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/sr8

No drone with the Dirty Deeds setup. That's what's making it so tough to resist!!

I like the new wheels. Can't wait to see pics once the truck has everything bolted on...
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:03 AM
  #55  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
yea, for me, i'm old. And I work from the car a lot. I need something with no drone. The exhaust i have on the 911 is drone free.



BTW, changed up wheels. NV's were backordered.....and found a place local that makes wheels only for toyotas. Went and picked these up today.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/sr8
Now these, I like, especially their Stealth 6 in gunmetal.
Shame they're Toyota-centric.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM
  #56  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
i wanted the ray10's bad....but don't make for my size
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
  #57  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts
Just noticed that they only make 18s in the ones you're getting.
I'd want to either stick with 18s or go to 20s. And, mine would wear Michelin LTXs, so no off-roading here.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 AM
  #58  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,556
Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
If you're going to lift it and put on any off road accessories (regardless of if it ever does more than hop a curb) please stick with the 18's or even downsize to 17's. I always laugh when I see bro'ed out trucks with all the off road stuff and then they ride on 20's with thin side walls...
SamDoe1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 AM
  #59  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
If you're going to lift it and put on any off road accessories (regardless of if it ever does more than hop a curb) please stick with the 18's or even downsize to 17's. I always laugh when I see bro'ed out trucks with all the off road stuff and then they ride on 20's with thin side walls...
I know plenty of guys who offroad with no issues on 20's. that said I stuck with 18's
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:50 AM
  #60  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,556
Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
I know plenty of guys who offroad with no issues on 20's. that said I stuck with 18's
Define "off road" and what size tires go on those 20's?

Glad you stuck with the smaller ones!
SamDoe1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:03 PM
  #61  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Define "off road" and what size tires go on those 20's?

Glad you stuck with the smaller ones!
I worked for Toyo for some time. Saw plenty of trucks out in the middle of America running our m/t's on 20's that truly got out to use.
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:20 PM
  #62  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
If you're going to lift it and put on any off road accessories (regardless of if it ever does more than hop a curb) please stick with the 18's or even downsize to 17's. I always laugh when I see bro'ed out trucks with all the off road stuff and then they ride on 20's with thin side walls...
I'm perfectly happy with 18s, tires are relatively cheaper, as compared to 20s too.
If I went to 20s, I'd likely just get the OEM F150 Sport 20s
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM
  #63  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Shop just sent me this 750 has a check engine light...-photo411.jpg
CLpower is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CLpower For This Useful Post:
TLDude876 (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 12:36 PM
  #64  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Debadged

750 has a check engine light...-photo619.jpg750 has a check engine light...-photo320.jpg750 has a check engine light...-photo147.jpg
CLpower is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLpower For This Useful Post:
kurtatx (02-28-2017), TLDude876 (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 PM
  #65  
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
CLtotheTL32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte
Age: 29
Posts: 35,754
Thanked 8,541 Times in 5,735 Posts
Looks awesome!
CLtotheTL32 is offline  
Old 02-19-2017, 09:04 PM
  #66  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,615
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,705 Posts
Wheels and lift look great. It will look awesome when the chrome is gone.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-20-2017, 08:59 AM
  #67  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
Looks great! So glad I didn't have to deal with any chrome... but it's easily removed
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM
  #68  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Looks great! So glad I didn't have to deal with any chrome... but it's easily removed
yea, only pain is gonna be the front bumper corners.....and hte grill isn't cheap. Trying to decide if i go with the pro grill or not
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 AM
  #69  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts
Looks great, wheels work well on the white.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 09:47 AM
  #70  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,556
Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
I worked for Toyo for some time. Saw plenty of trucks out in the middle of America running our m/t's on 20's that truly got out to use.
There's definitely people who do it, just not ideal for the purpose.

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2 View Post
I'm perfectly happy with 18s, tires are relatively cheaper, as compared to 20s too.
If I went to 20s, I'd likely just get the OEM F150 Sport 20s
Sport 20's are greatif you don't bro out your truck.
SamDoe1 is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 AM
  #71  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower View Post
yea, only pain is gonna be the front bumper corners.....and hte grill isn't cheap. Trying to decide if i go with the pro grill or not
Can always plastidip and clear for a temporary fix. I actually did that on my FJ Cruiser mirrors. Used black plastidip temporarily until I bought black mirrors.

Well, that was like 6 years ago. Still black though and I ended up saving a bit of money
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 PM
  #72  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Did mirror covers and handles today 750 has a check engine light...-photo908.jpg
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 09:50 AM
  #73  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,632
Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,056 Posts
Big improvement
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM
  #74  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,615
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,705 Posts
Much better. When does the TRD grill show up?
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
  #75  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
Looks great!

I actually just ordered some handles that I am going to paint white as well. Think it will blend better... especially with my logo vinyled on the site of my truck
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-28-2017, 10:54 AM
  #76  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Looks great!

I actually just ordered some handles that I am going to paint white as well. Think it will blend better... especially with my logo vinyled on the site of my truck
I got factory handles for CHEAP, don't paint white, buy them already white. I think it was like $100 for all 4 handles.
CLpower is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 01:59 PM
  #77  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
^ I only need 2 since I have a double cab. Where did you get them from? They are pretty expensive on eBay... even for a pair...

Last edited by juniorbean; 02-28-2017 at 02:02 PM.
juniorbean is online now  
Old 02-28-2017, 06:02 PM
  #78  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
Cool springs toyota. Online dealer.
CLpower is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 AM
  #79  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,340
Thanked 1,609 Times in 979 Posts
^ Cool I'll check them out. Found a set on eBay but for the pair they want almost $90!!
juniorbean is online now  
Old 03-03-2017, 04:29 PM
  #80  
teh Senior Instigator
Thread Starter
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,791
Thanked 457 Times in 179 Posts
$14.95 a piece i think is what i paid
CLpower is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.