2001 TL Alpine multimedia system in the works...PICS inside :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2001 TL Alpine multimedia system in the works...PICS inside :)

System includes Alpine IVA-C800 indash cd/flip out monitor, Alpine DVA-5205 in dash DVD player, Alpine NVE-851A DVD navigation, Alpine TME-750A 6.5" widescreen monitors, Alpine S624 Ainet CD changer, playstation and many more custom features which I will list and have pics of soon.

Old 05-03-2001, 01:34 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Immma get you HIGH today!

Cuz its Thursday... that system looks pimp... and I'm bored as fuck up here in Albany

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Valentine 1
Old 05-03-2001, 01:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Damn Ron,
I'm soo proud to say your doing my system and much more thereafter on my car. You do some seriously awesome work. The 19th still work for you? (Hopefull)

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR

[This message has been edited by eclipse23 (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 01:40 PM
Banned

cuz it's friday, you aint' got no job, and you ain't got sh*t to do! LOL.

Anyway, thanks! And "E", 19th should be perfect!

By the way, in the pic of the one seat, that's a 4" 3 way speaker to listen to the audio source of that particular monitor... in the rear ash tray there is going to be a headphone jack for each side along with a switch to turn that speaker off and listen through headphones, all of which will be controlled through the monitor itself
Old 05-03-2001, 01:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StreetEffectz:
cuz it's friday, you aint' got no job, and you ain't got sh*t to do! LOL.

Anyway, thanks! And "E", 19th should be perfect!

By the way, in the pic of the one seat, that's a 4" 3 way speaker to listen to the audio source of that particular monitor... in the rear ash tray there is going to be a headphone jack for each side along with a switch to turn that speaker off and listen through headphones, all of which will be controlled through the monitor itself
</font>
Who's car is that?

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 05-03-2001, 01:48 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
By the way, in the pic of the one seat, that's a 4" 3 way speaker to listen to the audio source of that particular monitor... in the rear ash tray there is going to be a headphone jack for each side along with a switch to turn that speaker off and listen through headphones, all of which will be controlled through the monitor itself </font>
OMG that is sooo fucking pimp!

I didnt even notice that shit.

Goddamn... YOU GO BOY!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Valentine 1
Old 05-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Banned

Someone off the TL forum...I don't remember his screen name since he doesn't post too often.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SE, pimpin stuff. Question for ya:

In a non-navi CL there is a room between AC controls and the bose head unit. The thing that slides out, the space filler that Acura did not know what to do with, you know what I am talking about right? Well, if I was to throw an alpine screen in there like that, what would you hook it up to and will it be able to play DVDs? How much is that gonna run me? Thanks man

------------------
---------------------
'01 CLS Satin Silver w/Black, Navi-less, spoiler,
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Desired Mods: 18" Wheels/tires, Springs/Sways, CAI, subwoofer.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:09 PM
Banned

I know the space you're talking about, but don't know how big it is. Is it the same size like in the non-navi TL? If so, the screen needs to be modified to fit, and Alpine isn't the one you wanna modify...pioneer p7000 would be the one to do. Anyway, DVD can definitely be hooked up to it. As far as pricing, what exactly did you want pricing on, the equipment, installation, what? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2001, 02:16 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
haha, what are those headrests mounted in? the ones that are alone and look like they are in the trunk?

------------------
my mom and bestfriend have told me to tell you guys to stop telling me to spend my money; they are tired of my automobiles getting pampered and them getting whats left over which usually consists of change I find in my car by doing things you guys encourage
Old 05-03-2001, 02:24 PM
Honkey

Mr Steet,

I'm about to embark into the world of audio/video in my automobile, and I was curious as to what your opinion was of the different manufacturers. I've always been a fan of Alpine, but after looking around, the Pioneer seems to be the best buy. Would you consider the quality of the Pioneer to meet that of the Alpine? I was browsing your website and saw the install you did in a TL using Pioneer components, so I'm sure you'll be able to make an accurate comparison of the two. Thank you for your time.

-Aaron

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:33 PM
Safety Car

I know the space you're talking about, but don't know how big it is. Is it the same size like in the non-navi TL? If so, the screen needs to be modified to fit, and Alpine isn't the one you wanna modify...pioneer p7000 would be the one to do. Anyway, DVD can definitely be hooked up to it. As far as pricing, what exactly did you want pricing on, the equipment, installation, what? Thanks!</font>
Well, I believe the space is the same size as the TL. I would actually like to hear some suggestions from you regarding possible things that can be done with that space. I would not mind putting a screen in there that plays DVDs. What would a setup like that cost, including equipment and work? Thanks

------------------
---------------------
'01 CLS Satin Silver w/Black, Navi-less, spoiler,
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Desired Mods: 18" Wheels/tires, Springs/Sways, CAI, subwoofer.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:36 PM
Banned

Pioneer vs. Alpine....actually, picture quality may be slightly better on the pioneer screen....you mean the P7000 flip out, correct? Picture is sharper on the pioneer.

Those headrests are just sitting on the front floor by the glove compartment!

Old 05-03-2001, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

The car that Ron is working on is mine. I regret not getting the NAV when i bought my car 2 months ago. And debated back and forth until i settle in for this option. I also wanted DVD and video, so this is the route i took. I'm actually looking for more opinions to see what else i can add (interior or minor changes to the exterior). I'm missing the TV tuner and VCR at this time. I'll get those later with the WW spoiler and maybe the factory body kit (optional). Then rims, looking at Lowenharts BS5 Super crystal 19". That will probably be year end or after this winter season, as i don't have any left after just buying a car, and adding all these things. I'm not looking for performance. Audio will come last. Thanks

-Ivan

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Comptech Springs & Swaybars

[This message has been edited by Kenshin (edited 05-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kenshin (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Without the screens in the headrests, about how much did that TL job run, equipment and install?

The space between the radio and ac controls should be the same between the TL and CL, as they use the exact same notepad/cd holder insert part numbers.

So, what I could do is:
1) modified pioneer screen in that space
2) keep stock radio
3) alpine dvd player in trunk
4) possible alpine navi system in trunk
5) possible playstation in back seat

I think this is what some of the other people here are contemplating. What would equipment run (not including the playstation), and what would install run?

I liked the non-navi ac controls better. For example today I have the sunroof and windows open with the climate system off. Our cars still allow airflow in the ducts (no fan), but with the non-navi controls I can adjust the temp of that air by turning the temp knob, even with the system off!
I still have no use for the navi, the dvd player would be great, and would still have the navi option for a later date.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, Mudguards.
Old 05-04-2001, 01:44 PM
Banned

Without the headrest monitors, that system is about $5100 installed with custom face plate.

The system you want to do is definitely possible and a good idea at that
Old 05-04-2001, 04:09 PM
nItIn

Without the headrest monitors, that system is about $5100 installed with custom face plate.

The system you want to do is definitely possible and a good idea at that
</font>
wow that looks phat already even with that metallic part in the first two pics holding the monitor kinda showing .. I cant wait to see what it'll look like after the work is done!

Anyways, SE I was wondering if you might be able to break down the $5100 quote you have given above? I am interested only in the Alpine Navi. I dont really care for head rest monitors, or the nintendo/gameboy hookup. furthermore, DVD compatibility (other than for the navi) is also kinda a frill that I may or may not be interested in. I guess bottom line here is that I regret not having gotten the navi and am trying to see if this is cost efficient alternative.

Thanks in advance .. I really appreciate your help!!

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 05-04-2001, 04:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

That looks PHAT!!! Nice work

------------------
2001 Black/Parchment Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navi & spoiler
Current Mods: AEM CAI (red), Comptech headers & sway bars, Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires, 15% tint, PIAA 19169's, Infinity Perfect 12" subwoofer, Precision Power PC2600 amplifier, Monster Cable
Soon: PS2 and Navi/DVD encoder, Ground Control coilover setup (if they make them)
Old 05-04-2001, 07:36 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

It is nice to see the work of a true artist.

------------------
- As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote