04+ TL Comments

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04+ TL Comments

No more ramblings so I guess this fits here?

I'd love to hear some theories on why Acura went the route they did with the 04+ TL. By stating "the route they did" I am refering to:

-Thin/Poor quality Leather
-Weak engine starts
-Numerous rattles
-Misc stupid stuff
-Navigation effected by tint
-Windows stratch tint
-Hyped stereo that is really weak
-No automatic lights (Who doesnt have this?)

I personally think that they were lazy. I dont think there is any other reason but perhaps some of you can enlighten me?

Disclaimer: Don't take this as a shot at the TL, I obviously bought my '05 for a reason. (Navigation, styling, comfort, etc.)
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
can you explain "Misc Stupid stuff"

And I dont think acura assumed everyone would install tint on their cars. Maybe you should uninstall them if its causing issues.

What automatic lights are you talking about? They have them for the headlights, they turn on when it gets dark out.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman337
No more ramblings so I guess this fits here?

I'd love to hear some theories on why Acura went the route they did with the 04+ TL. By stating "the route they did" I am refering to:

-Thin/Poor quality Leather
-Weak engine starts
-Numerous rattles
-Misc stupid stuff
-Navigation effected by tint
-Windows stratch tint
-Hyped stereo that is really weak
-No automatic lights (Who doesnt have this?)

I personally think that they were lazy. I dont think there is any other reason but perhaps some of you can enlighten me?

Disclaimer: Don't take this as a shot at the TL, I obviously bought my '05 for a reason. (Navigation, styling, comfort, etc.)

Wanna trade your 05 TL with nav for my 05 TSX with nav?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-1/

Before anyone comes in here and blasts you, these topics have been beaten to death in the 3G forum.

The tint on mine doesn't bother the navi. However, the windows have put VERY minor scratches on the tint.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! After 25 months with the car, I agree, the stereo is garbage.

CS: I have no idea what you are talking about with the headlights.

I have a couple rattles here and there. Nothing terrible.

Besides the butt print issue, I am pleased with the leather. This was pretty much solved with the 05+TL from what I have heard.

I don't have any issues with weak engines starts.

That being said..................My g/f picked up a new GLI last night, and I am impressed. Handles WAY better than my car, and the DSG just constantly gives you power at the touch of the pedal. We tried to take some pictures tonight by my house, but the camera kept fogging up from the heat. Which I cant understand why, but apparently the camera doesn't like to be taken into the heat from being in the A/C.

I'll try to give a further review when I can get some pics to go with it.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Doesnt the TL have automatic headlights? You dont need to turn them on since they turn on when it gets dark out.

Most cars have that... i just assumed the TL did as well. I even thought my 02 TLS did...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:11 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
You can always get ceramic tint if you have navi and as far as the scratches, use felt.
No issues with weak engine start, I just need to replace the battery
Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Doesnt the TL have automatic headlights? You dont need to turn them on since they turn on when it gets dark out.

Most cars have that... i just assumed the TL did as well. I even thought my 02 TLS did...

No auto headlights on the TL.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned

Tint comments: Why in the hell make a car that cant handle metallic tint? I will admit I havent shopped all other vehicles, but that's a new fuck up. Secondly who makes a car that scratches tint? Again I havent investigated all cars but I have never SEEN nor HEARD of one that does.

Misc. Stupid Stuff comment: When I made the thread it was typed differnetly, the misc. stupid stuff was the headline for the comments below with an indentation. (i.e. navi sensitivity, etc.)

Trade offer: I wont ever own another acura, has some to do with the car and more to do with service. (Sorry)

LEATHER: I dont have butt prints, being 05+ but the quality of leather is like cardboard, just look at it.

Rattles: Obviously it is from car to car, however I have 13k on the clock and I have been in at least half a dozen times for rattles alone.

-headliner
-rear speaker tray
-center speaker
-passenger window
-passenger window trim
-driver window motor
-driver window track regulator
-passenger seat headrest

I am sure I am one of the few with that many issues. This thread wasnt about me, it is about the things Acura put out there.

Last edited by Superman337; 08-01-2006 at 11:37 PM.