Old 05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
ok "dickhead"
Old 05-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
See more bad mouthing again on the g35 INTERIOR. When its true. The G35 interior is more sporty and its not cheap. POINT OUT AND PROVE that the interior of the G35 is cheap. Not JUST BY SAYING, oh it looks cheap, because that isn't true. I USE TO THINK THIS MYSELF, till I drove one and been in it more than a week and it is really a nice interior and well layed out.

It is kinda funny because the TL uses more plastic in their interiors than the G has. lol
I think what makes the G35 interior look cheap is the cheap silver finish that makes up most of the center dash piece. It scratches easily and reminds me of those chromed plastic parts I used to get in my models when I was a kid. the buttons on the steering wheel are kind of chintzy as well. I just had an RSX loaner and I thought the RSX interior was very cheap looking, even more so than most Honda's I've seen. The RSX interior reminded me alot of the G35 with the cheap metal plated plastic and cheap looking buttons.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Alum trim that dents easy. lol as you said CHEAP.
At least it is real metal and doesn't scratch up like painted plastic.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

lol, every part really? Another lie.

TL uses leather only on the seating surfaces. The sides, back, door panels are all Vinyl.

The G35 has preferated leather which is a higher quality leather. It has real leather on the door panels as well. The dash is not plastic, its made out of soft vinyl, unlike the TL hard dash.

Now I can even go into more DETAIL on the TL or the G35 if you want to waste more time lieing.
You have proven time and again that you are the lord of the lies. You got owned in the last thread I was in with you and you never came back to respond. Go figure.

Guess what, the carbon fiber in the TL is fake too. But our plastic looks better than your plastic, nanner, nanner. You are such a child.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Me defend it all the TIME? Seems to me you guys are always KNOCKING THE G35 down because you have PENIS envy over it. The TL must not do it all for you. lol

.1 ? The G35 Sedan gets 14.2 at 100 mph 5.6-5.8 0-60 in 3 seperate tests. It even did this the same magazine when they first tested it not comparing it to the TL at the time. So don't even say its only .1 sec faster.
Did you forget what site you were on? I would think you would get tire of defending your second choice of a G35. I guess it just kills you everytime you go look at it so you have to come on this thread and convince yourself you made the right decision. This thread started out without even mentioning the TL but you had to jump in and bash it. You and your stupid magazine racer comparisons and how your .1 second is sooooo much faster. I also disagree with your statement the TL is beat in every performance area. It cleary is as fast or faster from 0-60 than the two other cars you mentioned and it posted up some outstanding slalom time in spite of FWD, due mostly in part to its super rigid subframe.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This "SilverBulletCLS" is just a pathetic troll in need of a home (or insane asylum).....really, if he's that confidant and satisfied with his G35 (if he really owns one---and that's a big "IF"), why the heck does he need to show up on this board and defend his car??!!!....all the TL owners here can give a crap...........either he's one really messed-up dude or he's about to come "out-of-the-closet" and show up one day with a "I GOT ONE" post. (Last year when I had my FX45, we had a similar "troll" on our FX45 forum who would for months mouth-off against anybody who would put down his beloved X5......then lo and behold, one day he posts a "I got one!" post about getting his own FX.........funny as hell!)
Old 05-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Swat Dude
At least it is real metal and doesn't scratch up like painted plastic.
Hmmm painted plastic must be pretty bad, because even higher end cars are now doing it. I recall seeing I think C&D TV this weekend with a car. Don't recall which one, but it had the painted plastic also. WOW! Mine has no scratches, and 2004 had better materials used compared to 03.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Banned

You have proven time and again that you are the lord of the lies. You got owned in the last thread I was in with you and you never came back to respond. Go figure.

Guess what, the carbon fiber in the TL is fake too. But our plastic looks better than your plastic, nanner, nanner. You are such a child.
I have yet to be owned. I have yet to be PROVEN wrong. So when is that going to happen? And why do you ONLY POST in threads like these? Seems that way.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

Did you forget what site you were on? I would think you would get tire of defending your second choice of a G35. I guess it just kills you everytime you go look at it so you have to come on this thread and convince yourself you made the right decision. This thread started out without even mentioning the TL but you had to jump in and bash it. You and your stupid magazine racer comparisons and how your .1 second is sooooo much faster. I also disagree with your statement the TL is beat in every performance area. It cleary is as fast or faster from 0-60 than the two other cars you mentioned and it posted up some outstanding slalom time in spite of FWD, due mostly in part to its super rigid subframe.
No, actually makes me even happier I made the right decision. My car isn't falling apart like the TL's. Thread started out not even mentioning the TL? LOL ummmmm I do recall it being mentioned before I did. My Magazine racer comparsions? Look at all your posts with magazine times!!! So don't even go there. Like I said, the G35 has been faster in every damn test.

No like others have poste don this forum, seems alot of you guys are very childish and blinded by the TL badge.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PetesTL
This "SilverBulletCLS" is just a pathetic troll in need of a home (or insane asylum).....really, if he's that confidant and satisfied with his G35 (if he really owns one---and that's a big "IF"), why the heck does he need to show up on this board and defend his car??!!!....all the TL owners here can give a crap...........either he's one really messed-up dude or he's about to come "out-of-the-closet" and show up one day with a "I GOT ONE" post. (Last year when I had my FX45, we had a similar "troll" on our FX45 forum who would for months mouth-off against anybody who would put down his beloved X5......then lo and behold, one day he posts a "I got one!" post about getting his own FX.........funny as hell!)
Then LETS NOT BAD MOUTH THE TL SHALL WE in posts with MIS-INFORMATION? Or we wouldn't have this problem. IF you guys didn't give a crap, it would have not be mentioned. lol

Remember, I AM NOT A FUCKING TROLL. I have been here MUCH LONGER THAN YOU, I even KNOW THE OWNERS OF THIS SITE PERSONALLY AND CL.COM
Old 05-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

I rest my case.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Then LETS NOT BAD MOUTH THE TL SHALL WE in posts with MIS-INFORMATION? Or we wouldn't have this problem. IF you guys didn't give a crap, it would have not be mentioned. lol

Remember, I AM NOT A FUCKING TROLL. I have been here MUCH LONGER THAN YOU, I even KNOW THE OWNERS OF THIS SITE PERSONALLY AND CL.COM
troll

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To
utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable
responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase
"trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream
"trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a
likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post
that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look
even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to
the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate
troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See
also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;
regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a
newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to
annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by
the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic
at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly
creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming
characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of
life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a
troll." 3.

The above is just one definition of "troll". I believe it aptly describes your behavior in this thread at times. The fact that you make statements like "Interior Falling apart" when you know it's not true for most owners, is all the evidence needed.

Your tenure on this forum is not germain to the debate as to whether or not you troll.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Banned

Okay, and a lot of the stuff said about the G35 is also not true. So back at you,.

Originally Posted by mspence3
troll

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To
utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable
responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase
"trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream
"trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a
likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post
that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look
even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to
the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate
troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See
also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;
regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a
newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to
annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by
the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic
at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly
creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming
characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of
life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a
troll." 3.

The above is just one definition of "troll". I believe it aptly describes your behavior in this thread at times. The fact that you make statements like "Interior Falling apart" when you know it's not true for most owners, is all the evidence needed.

Your tenure on this forum is not germain to the debate as to whether or not you troll.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Okay, and a lot of the stuff said about the G35 is also not true. So back at you,.

.....true or not, I'm not sure if all the time you've claimed to have spent here has dulled your mind, but this IS a TL forum......so naturally, anyone who mouths-off anything bad about the TL here and feels their car is superior is going to be seen as a troll........so why the heck are you surprised?
Old 05-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Advanced

I do get a kick outa reading some of this stuff,When it came right down to it I bought a TL because I liked it more,no other reason's and I did test drive everything in this price range,The 330i and the G35 were not the cars for me,I really did not care about the 1/4 times or 0 to 60(trust me the TL is fast enough for what I use it for)The one thing I have noticed is no one brings up the safety issue,The TL does out preform the G35 and the 330i in the frontal and side impact tests..but that's not imporant..
Old 05-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Racer

what makes the g35 interior dated? the fact that it was slightly revised for 04 and is being totally redone for 05. its cheap looking because the materials are inferior. [can you say fake ass plastic simulated console?] anyone whos been inside one can tell you that. and the local infiniti dealer when he found out I bought the tl asked to see it and said ' acura did a nice job with the interior'. drop this silly defense. its invalid.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Racer

You TL people are getting a little out of hand when talking about the TL vs _____. And to think, i try and defend acura all the time(being an acura fan). The g35 is clearly a better car. People overlook the "cheap" interior because it isn't as "cheap" as what people think. The car is put together very well and is a very solid car. The G35 also clearly sells alot better than the TL. I wonder why...maybe cuz its better. I mean..I'm usually passive about this kind of stuff because i think both cars are awesome but some of you just take it too far. :argue:
Old 05-10-2004, 03:35 AM
Racer

And for all you people complaining about cheap materials. Acura has been using really cheap materials in their cars for years, and the fit and finish in acura cars isnt that great either. I shouldnt even mention all the rattles and squeaks in acura cars, but i just had too cuz all the acura cars my family has owned had them. Do you want to know whats cheap? The TL's carbon fiber trim or how about the plastic wood trim? The leather in the TL was an improvement from the 03's but the g35's leather is definetely better than the TL's. The only part of a g35 that i would consider cheap is probably the titanium center console, but other than that, everything is good.

The G35 has got nothing but good reviews from various car mags. Its been car of the year and its been in the top 10 lists of best cars since the day it came out. Has the TL gotten any similar praise ? I dont think so. Enough said
Old 05-10-2004, 03:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ColdFusionTL
You TL people

I'm not referring to the whole TL community in general...only the hostile ones that always feel the need to bash on other cars.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:51 AM
You touch my tra la la...

1. You're a troll.

2. You've been proven wrong. Go look at the pictures. I loved the comment how our door panels were made out of cheap plastic.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by digital_b
what makes the g35 interior dated? the fact that it was slightly revised for 04 and is being totally redone for 05. its cheap looking because the materials are inferior. [can you say fake ass plastic simulated console?] anyone whos been inside one can tell you that. and the local infiniti dealer when he found out I bought the tl asked to see it and said ' acura did a nice job with the interior'. drop this silly defense. its invalid.
Actually no one knows about 05 Interior redos. Supposely now its not getting a full update and just a minor few changes.

How can you tell the interiors are inferior or the plastic i mean? Because PLASTIC IS PLASTIC. lol. The TL has a great deal of it.

Yea but simulated Carbon fiber, or wood on the TL. lol
Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro

And for all you people complaining about cheap materials. Acura has been using really cheap materials in their cars for years, and the fit and finish in acura cars isnt that great either. I shouldnt even mention all the rattles and squeaks in acura cars, but i just had too cuz all the acura cars my family has owned had them. Do you want to know whats cheap? The TL's carbon fiber trim or how about the plastic wood trim? The leather in the TL was an improvement from the 03's but the g35's leather is definetely better than the TL's. The only part of a g35 that i would consider cheap is probably the titanium center console, but other than that, everything is good.

The G35 has got nothing but good reviews from various car mags. Its been car of the year and its been in the top 10 lists of best cars since the day it came out. Has the TL gotten any similar praise ? I dont think so. Enough said
Admittedly, I dont have a TL or G35 but, I have a 2k2 Maxima and 99 Accord (mom in-law now uses).

IMO, my 99 Accord has a better built interior (and better ergonomics) compared with my Maxima. I have a slight dashboard buzz (that I can live with) whereas my still has no interior rattles or buzzes. $.02
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by GaleForce
1. You're a troll.

2. You've been proven wrong. Go look at the pictures. I loved the comment how our door panels were made out of cheap plastic.

If your calling me a troll, then you really dumb because i've been a member longer than you
Old 05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
4th Gear

Can't we all just get along. I recently had the opportunity to drive the new TL because my girlfriend is getting one. My verdict, Great Car!!!! Love the interior as well as the performance. I might have thought twice if I had the choice of TL when I bought my G35 coupe, but in the end I still would have chosen the G35 coupe because of it's sleek design and the power. 0-60 is so close on these two vehicles that it comes down to the driver. I agree with TL owners stating that the G35's interior has the plastic look but honestly it is not cheesy by any means. As I have told my girlfriend the TL has many cool interior features....especially the blue light behind the speedo. If I could, I would own both cars. I just wanted to post this because even though I am an avid G35 coupe fan, I love the new TL. Acura has done a very good job in building a solid car. Can't wait for my girlfriend to get her Anthracite 6mt TL so I can race her!!!! I hope she doesn't kick my a**. We will see in about two to three weeks.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
4th Gear

By the way, there are many other G35 owners that appreciate and acknowledge the good things about the new TL. :worship:
Old 05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Advanced

You know G35 owners if it was all about performance I would not have bought either the TL or the G35,their are faster cars in this price range,heck a freakin SRT-4 will hand it to you(not that it's a good car)but if all your after is performance,why would you buy a lux sport(and easy on the sport)thinking your going to race anyone,be happy if you bought either one you got a good car.And on the SRT4 crack,from a performance point of view it will kick your TL's or G35's ass.but the G35 did stop 1 foot shorter,srt4 did the slalom at 68.3 vrs. 65.2(G35) SRT4 1/4 14.0,G35 1/4 14.68,SRT4 0-60 5.5,G35 0-60 6.2,If I was just after performance thats what I would have bought..it's only $19,500,But I was looking for the overall package and for me the TL and G35 fit what I was looking for.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:19 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jrock65
It's the same answer every time.

G35: Non-G35 owners gripe about the interior.

330i: Non-3 owners gripe about the price.

TL: Non-TL owners gripe about the lack of RWD

IS: Non-IS owners gripe about the lack of power.

There have been about a million threads, posts, and articles comparing these cars, and they all basically come down to the above.

BTW, I've been inside both a Sentra and G35 many times. The G35 interior blows away the Sentra interior. Let's not get carried away.
Couldnt have said it better myself!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:28 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ35DE
Admittedly, I dont have a TL or G35 but, I have a 2k2 Maxima and 99 Accord (mom in-law now uses).

IMO, my 99 Accord has a better built interior (and better ergonomics) compared with my Maxima. I have a slight dashboard buzz (that I can live with) whereas my still has no interior rattles or buzzes. $.02
02 Max interior is a bit better quality than the G35, now the 04 Max and the G are comparable. Neither arent that bad IMO. My 03 Max and 350Z have no rattles and both are much better than our old "sickly" 02 TLS which I dumped.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

The G35 is a great car.....no doubt about it and I'm sure a great majority of TL owners here, including myself, had the G35 on our short list when it came down to buying/leasing........the cars are so similar in terms of performance and value that for many of us, it simply was a matter of a few things like interior design that sealed the deal.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:47 PM
holla!

When FWD came out, it was never meant to be any part of performance. It was to save money, be more economical. FWD will never, ever be better in performance. Until Honda understands this they will be lost. The s2k is a good platform though and its on hell of a car.

TL blow the G out of the water, thats a funny statement but so untrue.

FWD was never meant to save money its more expensive to squeeze the drive axle, the engine transversly, and the tranny into the front. FWD is harder to make, harder to maintain, and more expensive to fix. Thats why Rwd pre dated fwd. Fwd came out in the 70s (not sure about that date) and was advertised as a safer alternative. Now a days people 90 percent of the population prefers it in their cars for the saftey aspect, which is why it appears in most cars today.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cali TL
FWD was never meant to save money its more expensive to squeeze the drive axle, the engine transversly, and the tranny into the front. FWD is harder to make, harder to maintain, and more expensive to fix. Thats why Rwd pre dated fwd. Fwd came out in the 70s (not sure about that date) and was advertised as a safer alternative. Now a days people 90 percent of the population prefers it in their cars for the saftey aspect, which is why it appears in most cars today.

FWD main reason was its CHEAPER TO PRODUCE. This is common knowledge.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
FWD main reason was its CHEAPER TO PRODUCE. This is common knowledge.
Actually, I think you are both wrong. The reason FWD became popular was for "packaging" reasons. As cars got smaller, FWD was able to offer more interior and trunk space in a smaller car (no drive shaft, and the room for the differential - plus the up/down travel of the differential to eat into interior and trunk space).

This was especially true with live axles. They cannot mount the differential as close to the underside of the car. If you notice, the cars that stuck with RWD were mainly higher end European cars with independent suspensions. This allows for better packaging. That's why Ford went to IRS on the Explorer and Expedition last year.

Cars became smaller (and lighter) because of fuel economy and horsepower issues during the dark days when emissions and CAFE requirements put the kibosh on power and economy.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:49 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rcat
You know G35 owners if it was all about performance I would not have bought either the TL or the G35,their are faster cars in this price range,heck a freakin SRT-4 will hand it to you(not that it's a good car)but if all your after is performance,why would you buy a lux sport(and easy on the sport)thinking your going to race anyone,be happy if you bought either one you got a good car.And on the SRT4 crack,from a performance point of view it will kick your TL's or G35's ass.but the G35 did stop 1 foot shorter,srt4 did the slalom at 68.3 vrs. 65.2(G35) SRT4 1/4 14.0,G35 1/4 14.68,SRT4 0-60 5.5,G35 0-60 6.2,If I was just after performance thats what I would have bought..it's only $19,500,But I was looking for the overall package and for me the TL and G35 fit what I was looking for.
You're quoting the fastest SRT4 to the SLOWEST G35 times. The fastest times recorded in the mags for the G are 5.5 0-60, 14.2s 1/4 which are very comparable to the SRT4.

I own neither cars but am seriously looking at both and have done EXTENSIVE research on both cars. The simple fact is, the G35 coupe is a 14.0 second car, driven right. There are numerous people that have achieved this on G35driver with a 6-speed manual. It will outrun both the 330 and the TL on the 1/4 and the track, driven at maximum potential. The SRT4 is faster, but not much if both are stock but wanna know something, it has the same crappy torque steer that plagues the TL. If you want a car that drives like a sports car with luxury, the G35 and 330 are the best cars in town. The TL is a Luxury car with sport and blows the other 2 away in the pleasant ride category. I know this is a TL forum but I wish people would be a little more objective when looking at cars (as most of us love cars in general).
Old 05-10-2004, 02:30 PM
You touch my tra la la...

If your calling me a troll, then you really dumb because i've been a member longer than you
1. I was talking to SilverbulletCLS

2. Member length has nothing to do with being a troll
Old 05-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro

FWD is cheaper AND easier for Honda (on the TL) mainly because it doesnt require modifying the powertrain setup on which its based: 2003 Honda Accord V6.

$.02
Old 05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
holla!

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
FWD is cheaper AND easier for Honda (on the TL) mainly because it doesnt require modifying the powertrain setup on which its based: 2003 Honda Accord V6.

$.02

ur right about that, but from the ground up its easier (cheaper) to make a rwd power train than a fwd one
Old 05-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Banned

1. I was talking to SilverbulletCLS

1) Still doesn't matter, I have been here MUCH longer than you by a few years! So again your dumb for saying that.

2) Member length has alot to do with being a troll. In the history of car clubs it does.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cali TL
ur right about that, but from the ground up its easier (cheaper) to make a rwd power train than a fwd one
How is it cheaper?! Please tell me! Mainly because the drive shaft and 3RD member (what it was called back in the old days) has alot expensive parts in it which make RWD cars more expensive than FWD cars. That is a straight fact! Ever price a 3RD MEMBER? It costs as much as a Tranny does!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
This is just TOO good to pass up. You're telling us size does not matter? :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 05-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I like my TL.

If I wanted another RWD car, I probably would have bought a 2000-2001 540i.

The G35 is a good alternative to a BMW 3-series. I would rather have the original, but a case can be made for the G35 over the 3 on value. I don't like the G35 sedan exterior or interior, but I like the coupe exterior. Appearance is subjective.

Size does matter . . . Funny how a thread that started with 'dickhead' insults has now turned into a debate about member cost and member length.

Quick Reply: '04 G35 vs. '04 330i