'04 G35 vs. '04 330i

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 G35 vs. '04 330i

Why not? I'm sick and tired of "TL vs. X" threads, and besides, the TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles. So why not let these two inferior-grade automobiles battle it out for the silver (or should I say SSM) medal?

Trolls, choose your weapons.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
[QUOTE=TLGatorbesides, the TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles. [/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll bite and be one of your "trolls". This comparison has already been done, and it included the TL. The G35 has won every time (against the BMW AND TL). And this has been in the hands of people who do this for a living - the car magazines.

Now, you TL zealots can attack the magazines and tell us how stupid they are, and how biased they are against FWD.

Balls in your court.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:30 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Mtr
Old 05-08-2004, 09:37 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Okay, I'll bite and be one of your "trolls". This comparison has already been done, and it included the TL. The G35 has won every time (against the BMW AND TL). And this has been in the hands of people who do this for a living - the car magazines.

Now, you TL zealots can attack the magazines and tell us how stupid they are, and how biased they are against FWD.

Balls in your court.
You my friend need to work on your skills on how to "quote"!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5

Balls in your court.
They ARE against FWD...all of these professional reviewers are into performance. At the end of almost every TL review I've read, they say..."blah, blah, blah, this car would be the clear winner if it was RWD" or something along those lines.

So there's your answer...if the TL was RWD or even AWD...it would blow the G35 out of the water
Old 05-08-2004, 10:12 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KrgTL04
They ARE against FWD...all of these professional reviewers are into performance. At the end of almost every TL review I've read, they say..."blah, blah, blah, this car would be the clear winner if it was RWD" or something along those lines.

So there's your answer...if the TL was RWD or even AWD...it would blow the G35 out of the water
Fine....if the G35 had the mercedes interior, it would BLOW the TL out of the water. :toothless Pretty rediculous argument on both sides, don't you think :lol2: I think it would be cheaper to upgrade the G35 interior than to turn the TL into a RWD/AWD drivetrain
Old 05-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

I own a '04 TL.

I prefer the way the 330 drives over the TL. That IMHO is no contest. The 330 just flat out drives better, more sure, more fun.

But I want space and luxury...hence I own a TL.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZZ
Fine....if the G35 had the mercedes interior, it would BLOW the TL out of the water. :toothless Pretty rediculous argument on both sides, don't you think :lol2: I think it would be cheaper to upgrade the G35 interior than to turn the TL into a RWD/AWD drivetrain
you're missing my point...

The TL is a much better car of you don't care as much about performance as you do luxury. Performance is the only thing the G35 or 330i have going for them.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Burning Brakes

People need to define "performance" if straight line is your gig, the TL is right there with the others, if you drive like a mad man thinking you're on some road race circuit then the TL is not for you.

How many people drive like they are in a road race? Hmmmmmmmmm? EXACTLY so I doubt anybody is really missing the must have it RWD setup of the G35 and BMW. Now if people simply MUST have bragging rights, then fine, buy the G35 or BMW, in a real race it's up to the driver and most people don't know how to push any of these cars to their real limits.

One trip to a racing school would prove that. Each car has it's purpose, why people need to justify it is beyond me.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:15 PM
You touch my tra la la...

330i for style, G35 for speed, handling, and value.

I would choose a G35. A fully loaded 330i can approach 50k, its rediculous. Germans nickle and dime you for everything. If you want to compare a BMW you have to compare it to the 325i, because even though the 330i is still week, its way out of the price class.

The G35 interior is rediculously bad though. Thats why I chose the TL over the G35. I could have had either, even a G35x, but I chose the TL because I spend 90% of my time inside the car. Honestly, the .1 second faster 0-60 that the G35 has over the TL really couldn't justify me buying one... even with AWD. The TL just looks modern inside and out. The G35 looks dated inside and out. I really didn't need a car that could go .1 second faster.

All the G35 has going for itself agaist the TL is a little bit of speed. Nothing else.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:02 AM

330. I pick the 330 over the G35 as I think the interior is worse than a Nissan Sentra's. Inexcusable for a luxury car maker. And INSIDE is where I spend my time.
The car is big too, almost as big as more expensive cars from BMW, Benz and Lexus. No denying it drives like a champ. But I also find it quite ugly, reminds me of an electric shaver.

So the exterior looks and interior are deal breakers for me. 330 gets my vote. UNLESS, we purchase a G35 for 30k and under. For that price, I can put up with it's faults. That is a STEAL.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
You my friend need to work on your skills on how to "quote"!
And you (obviously NOT my friend) need to explain what the hell you are talking about! If you are referring to how the original quote started ([QUOTE=TLGatorbesides, the TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles. [/QUOTE]), I did not do that. The forum software added some things that were not there, not me. Thanks for being such a dickhead for the way you pointed that out to me, even though it was not my doing.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by EZZ
Fine....if the G35 had the mercedes interior, it would BLOW the TL out of the water. :toothless Pretty rediculous argument on both sides, don't you think :lol2:
:lol2: :lol1: :lol1: So true!!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

As a former BMW owner I only wish they had "nickle and dimed" me. For me every trip to the dealer was more like an arm and a leg.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:10 AM

Thats what being nickle and dimed is.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Instructor

It's the same answer every time.

G35: Non-G35 owners gripe about the interior.

330i: Non-3 owners gripe about the price.

TL: Non-TL owners gripe about the lack of RWD

IS: Non-IS owners gripe about the lack of power.

There have been about a million threads, posts, and articles comparing these cars, and they all basically come down to the above.

BTW, I've been inside both a Sentra and G35 many times. The G35 interior blows away the Sentra interior. Let's not get carried away.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM

The G35 interior couldn't blow a feather away.

Don't forget the Sentra is a 15k car... If the G35 interior wasn't better that would be sadder than it is now.

OMG TL interior is nicer than Civic interior. Same comparison as G35 vs Sentra. LMAO can't believe you even tried to compare a Sentra to a G35 in any way.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:07 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

[QUOTE]And you (obviously NOT my friend) need to explain what the hell you are talking about! If you are referring to how the original quote started ([QUOTE=TLGatorbesides, the TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles. I did not do that. The forum software added some things that were not there, not me. Thanks for being such a dickhead for the way you pointed that out to me, even though it was not my doing.[/QUOTE]

Did I call you a "dickhead" no, I was being nice.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLGator
Why not? I'm sick and tired of "TL vs. X" threads, and besides, the TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles. So why not let these two inferior-grade automobiles battle it out for the silver (or should I say SSM) medal?

Trolls, choose your weapons.

TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles is the reason why this topic never dies. Your TL isn't clearly better. It has more gadgets, and possibly a better interior in some cases, but thats it. The G35 and 3 series out performs the TL in all performance catagorys, (well the 3 series in handling only). The TL beats them in build quality to a point. I would say the TL is falling shortly lately of this.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Banned

When FWD came out, it was never meant to be any part of performance. It was to save money, be more economical. FWD will never, ever be better in performance. Until Honda understands this they will be lost. The s2k is a good platform though and its on hell of a car.

TL blow the G out of the water, thats a funny statement but so untrue.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Norse396
People need to define "performance" if straight line is your gig, the TL is right there with the others, if you drive like a mad man thinking you're on some road race circuit then the TL is not for you.

How many people drive like they are in a road race? Hmmmmmmmmm? EXACTLY so I doubt anybody is really missing the must have it RWD setup of the G35 and BMW. Now if people simply MUST have bragging rights, then fine, buy the G35 or BMW, in a real race it's up to the driver and most people don't know how to push any of these cars to their real limits.

One trip to a racing school would prove that. Each car has it's purpose, why people need to justify it is beyond me.
True, but even RWD you notice the difference driving NORMALLY. Highway RWD cars feel better, more stable just going straight. Quicker steering response, better turning ratio, and so on.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
TL is clearly better than either of these vehicles is the reason why this topic never dies. Your TL isn't clearly better. It has more gadgets, and possibly a better interior in some cases, but thats it. The G35 and 3 series out performs the TL in all performance catagorys, (well the 3 series in handling only). The TL beats them in build quality to a point. I would say the TL is falling shortly lately of this.
You obviously are having second thoughts about your G35 or you wouldn't be here trying to defend it all the time. Your whole .1 faster 0-60 time is starting to feel like a pretty unjustified reason for selecting a G35 POS over a TL, huh?
Old 05-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned

Please tell me in detail what makes a interior look dated? Because the G interior is no where near dated. It is functional. It is easy to use. It is the nice T shape interior with everything in a hands reach. The Interior of the G might LOOK cheaper, but it isn''t. It is put together alot better than the TL interior that is pretty obvious already. Hopefully Acura fixes its issues with rattles, headliner, etc.

Also if the G35 was soooo dated, its still winning reviews and has the best resale value, best LEASE records to date.

Originally Posted by GaleForce
330i for style, G35 for speed, handling, and value.

I would choose a G35. A fully loaded 330i can approach 50k, its rediculous. Germans nickle and dime you for everything. If you want to compare a BMW you have to compare it to the 325i, because even though the 330i is still week, its way out of the price class.

The G35 interior is rediculously bad though. Thats why I chose the TL over the G35. I could have had either, even a G35x, but I chose the TL because I spend 90% of my time inside the car. Honestly, the .1 second faster 0-60 that the G35 has over the TL really couldn't justify me buying one... even with AWD. The TL just looks modern inside and out. The G35 looks dated inside and out. I really didn't need a car that could go .1 second faster.

All the G35 has going for itself agaist the TL is a little bit of speed. Nothing else.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Instructor

The G35 interior couldn't blow a feather away.

Don't forget the Sentra is a 15k car... If the G35 interior wasn't better that would be sadder than it is now.

OMG TL interior is nicer than Civic interior. Same comparison as G35 vs Sentra. LMAO can't believe you even tried to compare a Sentra to a G35 in any way.
Apparently you have comprehension problems. I was referring to SickLex's claim that the Sentra has a better interior interior than the G35.

And TL owner's constantly bash the G's interior as if the TL's interior is 10 times better. Nope. It's better, but not by the leagues that TL owners try to make it seem to be. Actually, the G uses nicer leather on the seats.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Race Director

Wiat for a Type-S Type TL or a RL
Old 05-09-2004, 05:36 PM

Because C&D and MT are biased... they only care about how well the car handles and how fast it is. Remember they are ex-race car drivers or whatever, they don't judge the cars fairly. The G35 excells in handling, fine, but honestly who needs RWD unless they are taking hairpins at 80? FWD is better at both everyday driving and driving in wet conditions... what most people need a car for. Most people don't buy a car to race to around turns, except of coruse the C&D/MT drivers. They really don't seem to take into account the cars luxury, features, and the like. It doesn't matter to them. And the TL sacrafices RWD and .1 second of speed for a hell of a lot of luxury and toys.

Lets just look at a comparison pic;

Case and point. For more though, just take a look at the standard options and technological features the TL has.
Banned

You obviously are having second thoughts about your G35 or you wouldn't be here trying to defend it all the time. Your whole .1 faster 0-60 time is starting to feel like a pretty unjustified reason for selecting a G35 POS over a TL, huh?
Me defend it all the TIME? Seems to me you guys are always KNOCKING THE G35 down because you have PENIS envy over it. The TL must not do it all for you. lol

.1 ? The G35 Sedan gets 14.2 at 100 mph 5.6-5.8 0-60 in 3 seperate tests. It even did this the same magazine when they first tested it not comparing it to the TL at the time. So don't even say its only .1 sec faster.

Originally Posted by jrock65
Apparently you have comprehension problems. I was referring to SickLex's claim that the Sentra has a better interior interior than the G35.
Must have missed that. Honest mistake. Appreciate the insult though.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Banned

It always goes back to the same BS. The G interior is more straight forward, and sporty. The TL is more luxury and less sporty. So what! At least mine ISN;T FALLING APART unlike you interiors!

Because C&D and MT are biased... they only care about how well the car handles and how fast it is. Remember they are ex-race car drivers or whatever, they don't judge the cars fairly. The G35 excells in handling, fine, but honestly who needs RWD unless they are taking hairpins at 80? FWD is better at both everyday driving and driving in wet conditions... what most people need a car for. Most people don't buy a car to race to around turns, except of coruse the C&D/MT drivers. They really don't seem to take into account the cars luxury, features, and the like. It doesn't matter to them. And the TL sacrafices RWD and .1 second of speed for a hell of a lot of luxury and toys.

Lets just look at a comparison pic;

Case and point. For more though, just take a look at the standard options and technological features the TL has.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:38 PM

So don't even say its only .1 sec faster.
It is. But lets say it isn't. Remember that most people who own a car don't need that kind of speed. TL took what was important, the interior, and made it a hell of a lot nicer than anything in the class, and added a LOAD of standard features. You spend 99% of your time behind the wheel and not racing... the little time you do race, if any, doesn't justify buying a car that is .1 faster.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:40 PM

It always goes back to the same BS. The G interior is more straight forward, and sporty. The TL is more luxury and less sporty. So what! At least mine ISN;T FALLING APART unlike you interiors!
My interior is fine. The G interior isn't sport... its just cheap. You want a sports car? Should have bought a porsche.

There is your sporty interior.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Banned

It is. But lets say it isn't. Remember that most people who own a car don't need that kind of speed. TL took what was important, the interior, and made it a hell of a lot nicer than anything in the class, and added a LOAD of standard features. You spend 99% of your time behind the wheel and not racing... the little time you do race, if any, doesn't justify buying a car that is .1 faster.
It isn't. I just said above why. Until your TL can get the tests in MULTIPLE tests faster than the G35 by alot, then its obviously not faster.

It's pretty sad that even the 6spd Accord is just as fast as the TL. lol

I drive over 100 miles a day for work, I have put 7100 miles since Feb 10th when I got my G35. Not a single problem with the car, it has been VERY comfortable. I can get over 450 a tank before my fuel light comes on hitting the highway. The G35 has some features the TL doesn't and the TL has some the G doesn't. So big deal. I spent my money in a car that would make me more happy driivng on a daily basis having fun in and on the occasion taking it to the track. My friend with a new TL doesn't even want to RUN me because he knows he will loose! I told him its just for fun, but he said I have driven your car, its definitely noticeably FASTER. I am still trying to get him to run me, but we will see.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

My interior is fine. The G interior isn't sport... its just cheap. You want a sports car? Should have bought a porsche.

There is your sporty interior.
See more bad mouthing again on the g35 INTERIOR. When its true. The G35 interior is more sporty and its not cheap. POINT OUT AND PROVE that the interior of the G35 is cheap. Not JUST BY SAYING, oh it looks cheap, because that isn't true. I USE TO THINK THIS MYSELF, till I drove one and been in it more than a week and it is really a nice interior and well layed out.

It is kinda funny because the TL uses more plastic in their interiors than the G has. lol
Old 05-09-2004, 05:46 PM

The TL uses leather, carbon fiber, and aluminum.

Every part of the G35 interior is plastic.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Banned

The TL uses leather, carbon fiber, and aluminum.

Every part of the G35 interior is plastic.
lol, every part really? Another lie.

TL uses leather only on the seating surfaces. The sides, back, door panels are all Vinyl.

The G35 has preferated leather which is a higher quality leather. It has real leather on the door panels as well. The dash is not plastic, its made out of soft vinyl, unlike the TL hard dash.

Now I can even go into more DETAIL on the TL or the G35 if you want to waste more time lieing.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:01 PM

Whats that? Oh, right. Perferrated leather, aluminum trim, and carbon fiber accents. And for your amusement, the TL seats are perferrated as well.

That, on the other hand, looks like all plastic to me... even on the dash. Doesn't look like the opposite of the TL's "hard dash" to me.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Alum trim that dents easy. lol as you said CHEAP.

Whats that? Oh, right. Perferrated leather, aluminum trim, and carbon fiber accents. And for your amusement, the TL seats are perferrated as well.

That, on the other hand, looks like all plastic to me... even on the dash. Doesn't look like the opposite of the TL's "hard dash" to me.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:15 PM

Wow out of that entire picture all you could think of to come back with is that the aluminum dents easy? Wake up. Your car will dent easy too. Those of us who take care of our interior won't have dent problems. Either way, I know I rather have real perferrated leather, real alumnim, and cabron-fiber adding to the feel of the cabin rather than silver painted plastic.

Never called it cheap, btw.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Instructor

My comments about "comprehension problems" were out of line and I apologize.

About interior quality, I've said that the leather seats in the G are of higher quality. But the dash materials on the TL are definitely higher quality.

Interior design-wise, I prefer the TL, but that is entirely subjective. I don't like the amber lighting in the G, but I also find the blue in the TL a bit distracting (although better looking). I prefer just solid white.

A lot of people say that the G35's driving advantages can only be felt at the track or at-limits driving. I really don't agree with that. The differences are subtle, but it's there in the maneuvers of every day driving as well. The feeling of being pushed rather than pulled.

It's true that the average person would not notice it nor really care about it. But IMO, the people who buy these 270hp/260hp cars in the near lux "sports" sedan class do care more about driving enjoyment than the average person, and probably will notice the subtle differences even in every day driving.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559

Did I call you a "dickhead" no, I was being nice.
Do you really think you were being nice? You'd have a hard time convincing me.

No you didn't call me a "dickhead" (how do you like THAT quote?) - because I wasn't being one, you were. When I replied, I became one, so now you can call me one.
:lol2:

Quick Reply: '04 G35 vs. '04 330i