03 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Accord

I am looking at getting an 03 accord ex v6 6 speed coupe. I am looking at this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
It is about 2.5 hours from me and my brother was near there this weekend and checked it out and took it for a drive and said it was good.
What are your opinions on this? part of me tells me I should go for a civic si
The guy has it listed on autotrader for 21K and keeps trying to convince me that blue book is 21K and carmax offered him 19K I am getting 18,600 kbb for excellent condition private party. I offered 18K straight up and he said no. He is the second owner and only had it for 10 months which is kinda fishy
Also some on PLEASE send me a carfax for this cause i don't have one yet tennisjon2002 at yahoo.com

Last edited by Tennisjon2002; 03-05-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
straight up tell him you ran it on KBB in excellent condition at you got 18,600.00 not 21k. explain you like his car, but you have seen many others going for much less than 21k. then say I am ready to go but I need a carfax report and see what he says. if he gets pissed and defensive say you are no longer interested and hang up.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks nice but I agree with sbuswell. Make sure you don't jump the gun and investigate it before you make your move. :
Old 03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sbuswell
straight up tell him you ran it on KBB in excellent condition at you got 18,600.00 not 21k. explain you like his car, but you have seen many others going for much less than 21k. then say I am ready to go but I need a carfax report and see what he says. if he gets pissed and defensive say you are no longer interested and hang up.
yea my mom already talked to him and told him it was 18600 and he is supposed to email how he got his figures. I figure its not worth talking about this now cause it is really at the bidders will.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Aww crap...I'm taking in a 2003 Accord EX V6 coupe, Black/Black, but in automatic. It's got 34k miles on it, female driven. It's in excellent shape, although I need to paint the rear bumper because of some scratches from parking. I should have the car in the next week or so. My price is less than what you are offering for that car though. Interested? PM me.
Ed
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shoofin
Aww crap...I'm taking in a 2003 Accord EX V6 coupe, Black/Black, but in automatic. It's got 34k miles on it, female driven. It's in excellent shape, although I need to paint the rear bumper because of some scratches from parking. I should have the car in the next week or so. My price is less than what you are offering for that car though. Interested? PM me.
Ed
Sorry I am only really looking for a manual, I would be all over that otherwise
Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

btw here is another accord i was the high bidder on but the reserve was nowhere near met
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEDW%3AIT
Old 03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

ok just got the email from him this is what he said:
If you go to nadaguide.com you can see the retail value of the car. The car is in excellent condition. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

2-Door Coupe
2003 Honda Accord-4 Cyl.
Coupe 2D EX (V6)

Average Trade-In

Average Retail
Base Price

$18,200

$20,975
Mileage

27,000 miles

$600

$600
Options

Aluminum/Alloy Wheels (Std. Accord EX)

$275

$325
Leather Seats (Std. Accord EX V6, Nav)

$400

$450
Power Seat (Std. Accord V6, Nav)

$175

$200
Theft Recovery System

$75

$100
TOTAL PRICE

$19,725

$22,650

The free consumer values on nadaguides.com are based on the Consumer edition of the N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide ®, and should not be utilized for industry purposes. The consumer values may vary from the N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide ® values presented to you by insurance companies, banks, credit unions, government agencies and car dealers due to vehicle condition, regional market differences and frequency of updates.

Average Trade-In
An Average Trade-In vehicle should be clean and without glaring defects. Tires and glass should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. The interior should have wear in relation to the age of the vehicle. Carpet and seat upholstery should be clean and all power options should work. The mileage should be within the acceptable range for the model year. The "Average Trade-In" value is a national average calculated from the Official Used Car Guide's ten regions. The "Average Trade-In" value for your vehicle could be higher or lower than the national average due to your local market conditions.

Average Retail Value
An average retail vehicle should be clean and without glaring defects. Tires and glass should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. The interior should have wear in relation to the age of the vehicle. Carpet and seat upholstery should be clean, and all power options should work. The mileage should be within the acceptable range for the model year.

An Average Retail vehicle on a dealer lot may include a limited warranty or guarantee, and possibly a current safety and/or emission inspection (where applicable).

Note: Vehicles with low mileage that are in exceptionally good condition and/or include a manufacturer certification can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail price shown.
What exactly should i say to him, there is already a thread on how nada is not really acurate and bluebook is
Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
forget about that and jump on the Si
Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Carfax:

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had 1 owner in North Carolina. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It was inspected at a collision repair facility after an accident or other incident. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional inspector is recommended.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 8,395 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 07/05/2005, was 19,994 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
CARFAX estimates it has 1 months or 16,006 miles remaining on the basic warranty. The basic warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators Accident Indicator Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
HONDA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
An Estimated 1 months or 16,006 miles Remaining on the Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 6 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.0L V6 SMPI SOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual air bags front, head, and sides/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112) had accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Automotive Recycler Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported
No Frame Damage Record Reported Collision Repair Facility Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported

Accident Indicators Detail:
Date: Source: Detail:
02/10/2004 Collision Repair Facility Vehicle inspected after an
accident or other incident.
A vehicle inspection completed
by your dealer or professional
inspector is recommended

CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005

According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2003 edition, 12% of the 243 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2002. Over 90% of these were considered minor or moderate.
CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 05.Mar.2006 20:21:00. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.
Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112).

Date: Mileage:
02/10/2004 7,132
04/02/2004 8,266
04/01/2005 18,018
06/09/2005 19,813
07/05/2005 19,994

Average miles driven per year 8,395 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112) had 1 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 03/19/2003 North Carolina

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

HONDA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX. You can also contact an authorized dealership or HONDA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112) still has recalls that require repair.

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer. Interested in an extended warranty?

Estimated start date of warranty: 03/19/2003
Last reading reported on 07/05/2005: 19,994 miles Recalculate with current mileage
Today's Date: March 5, 2006

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles 1 months or 16,006 miles
Drivetrain 36 months or 36,000 miles 1 months or 16,006 miles
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 60 months or unlimited mileage 25 months or unlimited mileage
Transferable Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Same
Roadside Assistance No data reported to CARFAX
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles 61 months or 60,006 miles
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Roadside assistance is not provided. Battery coverage 36 month limited warranty.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the HONDA web site.

CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 6 record(s) for this 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX (1HGCM81673A018112).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

03/19/2003 North Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Charlotte, NC
First owner reported
Registered as
personal vehicle

02/10/2004 7,132 Collision Repair Facility
North Carolina
Vehicle inspected after an
accident or other incident.
A vehicle inspection completed
by your dealer or professional
inspector is recommended

CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005

04/02/2004 8,266 North Carolina
Inspection Station
Charlotte, NC
Passed emissions inspection

04/01/2005 18,018 North Carolina
Inspection Station
Charlotte, NC
Passed emissions inspection

06/09/2005 19,813 Dealer Inventory
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle offered for sale

07/05/2005 19,994 Honda Certified Dealer
Offered for sale as a Honda Certified Vehicle
Old 03-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Found this...

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

He probably negotiated them down a bit and is trying to get for his car what he paid at the time. He's wasting your time if you ask me...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Burning Brakes

OMFG Shoofin you are the GREATEST!!!! imaginary rep x100000000
Once again I realize why I love azine so much!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Condition Definitions from KBB

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Good

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.

Looks like a car that's been in an accident can't really be in "excellent" condition. Downgrading it to "good" would be more realistic, and would reduce the price of the car.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

yes, i am gonna quiz this guy and ask about wrecks and how much he got it for and see what he says back. I am pretty much not intrested in this car anymore though. Carfax reported a "minor wreck" on my current accord yet the frame was bent and the car was on the verge of being totaled
Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow that guys is a scumbag if you ask me. trying to hand off his problem to someone else and probably make out with some cash too. look on autotrader for local sellers and go check out the car and get the vin# and have someone here run a carfax like shoofin did for you. props to shoofin for his due dilligence.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

According to the Carfax, there was an accident in '04. I believe this guy bought the car in '05. He might not even know the accident existed.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator

props to shoofin for his due dilligence.
I'm in the car business...I know my shit. Probably one of the most honest dealers you'll ever know too. :

P.S. a little teaser of my site i'm still working on. Should be up with all content 100% soon.
www.autofestleasing.com
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

wow that guys is a scumbag if you ask me. trying to hand off his problem to someone else and probably make out with some cash too. look on autotrader for local sellers and go check out the car and get the vin# and have someone here run a carfax like shoofin did for you. props to shoofin for his due dilligence.
yea wreck was before he had it. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a scumbag yet i mean all we know is he is trying to get good money for his car, nothing wrong with that
Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
Looks I'll be calling Shoofin next time I need a car.

I don't know of much probs with the 03 Accord other than the tranny recall for autos. I think they had rotor issues too. I'd check V6P for more info.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had 03 accord coupe and it's aiite. i'll take this over 03 accord. i can get that brand new v6 with leather for 19k. take a look at that before you buy 27,000 mile accord.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

This guy has some balls, and thinks I am retarded

The car has never been in any wrecks. I purchased the car for $22,500, 10 months ago and it is a certified car.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Tennisjon2002
This guy has some balls, and thinks I am retarded
Obviously he's either lying through his teeth, or hasn't seen his Carfax report. I'd just go look for another car if I were you. This guy will yank your chain till the end if you ask me. You're better off going elsewhere.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Obviously he's either lying through his teeth, or hasn't seen his Carfax report. I'd just go look for another car if I were you. This guy will yank your chain till the end if you ask me. You're better off going elsewhere.
yea that is what I am doing. I think I am going to jump on a new civic si and end all this used car bullshit. My mom has been calling around today
Old 03-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator

You could always take a road trip and get the car through me!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Burning Brakes

You could always take a road trip and get the car through me!
I am looking for a manual, no more crapomatics for me. Sorry, otherwise I would seriously consider your offer. If you get a manual anytime send me a PM. Good luck selling it though
Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Senior Moderator

^ I was referring to the Civic Si...

I offer new and used car leasing, sales and financing...

FYI, realize that the accident on the car occurred before the guy bought the car. Accident: 2004, guy bought it in '05, so he probably never ran a carfax on it to know for sure.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

^ I was referring to the Civic Si...

I offer new and used car leasing, sales and financing...

FYI, realize that the accident on the car occurred before the guy bought the car. Accident: 2004, guy bought it in '05, so he probably never ran a carfax on it to know for sure.
yea i realize it was before he got it etc. I just don't feel like playing games with people.
If you can make it worth it I will most def go get the si from you, I mean but if you were to hook me up that much you could sell it locally much easier.
They all seem to be going around msrp here
Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Ha i sent the guy an email back with the links and carfax and he hasn't responed haha
Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Hmm. He's probably pissed that he just found out he paid too much for the car when he bought it. LOL. What a way to find out something like that! Thank God for Carfax!

So have you found any other cars to look into yet, or are you going with the SI?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Hmm. He's probably pissed that he just found out he paid too much for the car when he bought it. LOL. What a way to find out something like that! Thank God for Carfax!

So have you found any other cars to look into yet, or are you going with the SI?
Goin with the Si, I think navi 2 i am SO pumped it is like a dream come true My parents covering 16K, the rest is from my pocket thank god I have saved up a small fortune over the years
Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Senior Moderator

That's cool. I think it's good that you put money into it too, rather than the 'rents putting it all up for you...teaches some ownership & responsibility & crap like that.