Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Turbo Kit: Who's interested?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 01:54 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Kit: Who's interested?

Ok guys....I have conversed with allmotor about making the turbo kit for other members of the board.

No parts of production has begun yet. I am posting here to see who would be interested in purchasing a kit once it is completed.

The MAX price of the kit would be 5K. That is the MAX boys. There is a 99.9% chance that the price will be a few hundrew less than that, I just need to post that price because this is for serious people only. It also depends on how many kits will be made.

A $2000 deposit will need to be put down by participant in order for production to begin. I apoligize, but neither allmotor or I can support production of the kit out of our own pockets.

Production will begin once all participants have sent in a deposit so we know exactly who is in.

Most of the members on this forum know that allmotor and I are not scam artist and are not trying to pull a fast one on anyone here. We are dedicated members to this board and both of us have met many members of this forum, me on the east, and allmotor on the west.

In terms of a release date, it all depends on how soon people put down a deposit. If anyone wants a ride to see how powerful it is, come by my crib, I'd be glad to give you a ride.

I cannot give any specifics as of now, and please do not flood allmotor or my PM box.

There are plenty of threads answering questions, that may need answering. Allmotor will be making a fact sheet to answer questions also.

Interms of those with automatics, we need to see how much interest there is, and will later on possibly produce a kit. as for now, there are only plans for a 6 speed kit.

This is just an initial post. A specific post in full detail will be posted in 1 week.

So, who's Down????
Old 07-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it only for the 6-speed or are you gona do 2 kits?
Old 07-06-2003, 02:19 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Firstly, we are going to make them for 6 speeders. Afterwards, we will possibly make a kit for automatics.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

sorry, too much for me right now
Old 07-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Sold 12/29/04 :-(

Originally posted by Titand19
Firstly, we are going to make them for 6 speeders. Afterwards, we will possibly make a kit for automatics.
I would be interested in an Auto kit for $4000
Old 07-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Will this be an 'official' product with C.A.R.B. certification and some sort of corporate back up (ie: warranty), or will this be more of a custom fabrication that will probably void the car's powertrain warranty?

Will the product itself have any sort of warranty?

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, but these issues are important for some and need to be spelled out. There's no such thing as a stupid question - right?
Old 07-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Road Rage

vrrrrrrrrrooom spfffhhhhhhhh
Old 07-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

I'd be interested BUT i really need to see the dyno numbers and engine management be totally secure. I don't want to have boost issues like Scalbert is having.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Zapata
I'd be interested BUT i really need to see the dyno numbers and engine management be totally secure. I don't want to have boost issues like Scalbert is having.

Old 07-06-2003, 04:46 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Zapata, the dyno numbers are already out. We will be producing the Allmotor kit. This is nothing new. The only reason why it was not being produced before was because I was running it for a while to make sure that there were no problems. Just search for it. I will try to find it though in the mean time. Boost issues have not been a problem for me. As far as engine managment, a VAFC is highly reccomended once FI is being used.

SFLA: I can't give specific pricing. It all depends on how many are interested. That could be very possible if there are enough participants. I would need to have new piping fitted to an auto though. Due to the fact that there are some slight differences.

Slimey: There is such a thing as a stupid question....But it is understood that you have these concerns as I'm sure many of the other members do also. The kit will not be CARB cert. If we attempted to certify it, it would probably take ten times as long to come out than the Comptech SC. Sadly, half of us will be dead by then. As for emisions, if you keep your CAT in you should have no problems with inspection.

The dealer will most likely void your warrenty unless you have some sick connection. I brought my car to the dealer to have an electrical problem fixed, but they did not give me a hassle about the turbo being that it had nothing to do with the problem.

There will be no warrenty offered. That was the reason why the kit could not be produced earlier. I needed to make sure that the car could run and not have any issues.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

If i could afford it i'd be all over an auto kit like flies on poo.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:28 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

I am somewhat interested. Drove my friends WRX again today and GOD I LOVE THAT SOUND . I would like to supply my own turbo and possibly IC as I work for Garrett. I dunno, turbocharging my CL is not my top priority right now so we'll see...
Old 07-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

As far as engine managment, a VAFC is highly reccomended once FI is being used.
How can the VAFC be used on this application with FI??

You have to clamp the MAP signal which is what the VAFC modifies. So any alterations to this signal would never be seen by the ECU.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

if you knock off a couple grand and a half and make one for the auto I will be definetely INTERESTED!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
Old 07-06-2003, 06:07 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Scalbert, it will be only used to alter the A/F. Therefore dyno tunning will be possible. You know more than I do, but I've been told to put in my VAFC and get it dyno tunned by almost every person who know what he/she is talking about.

Allmotor will hopefully come on later and answer more of the technical questions.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by sidemarker
if you knock off a couple grand and a half and make one for the auto I will be definetely INTERESTED!!!!!!!!

sidemarker

Old 07-06-2003, 06:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Scalbert, it will be only used to alter the A/F. Therefore dyno tunning will be possible. You know more than I do, but I've been told to put in my VAFC and get it dyno tunned by almost every person who know what he/she is talking about.

Allmotor will hopefully come on later and answer more of the technical questions.
I am sorry but they don't know what they are talking about regarding this application. The VAFC modifies the MAP signal to alter the A/F ratio. But a devices like the ESM is used to keep the ECU from seeing boost. So no matter what you do with the VAFC the ECU only sees a signal lower than what the VAFC outputs.

A simpler explanation is as follows:

The MAP outputs say 4.0 VDC under boost. You use the VAFC to alter this to 4.1 VDC. This signal then goes through the ESM which holds anything over 2.7 VDC at 2.7 VDC. So the ECU only sees 2.7 VDC negating any use of the VAFC.

If we had a MAF this would be different and may be what these other individuals are thinking about. But the fact remains that we have a speed density system using the MAP signal in 80% of the load calculation. And our ECU does not like any MAP reading above ambient.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Zapata
I don't want to have boost issues like Scalbert is having.
No boost issues, just fuel issues...

We don't know if it was self induced or this way from Comptech. But we do feel it was due to a missing washer on the adjustment screw. If it cracked and fell off after an adjustment or came this way from Comptech will never be known. But had I watched the fuel pressure like I should have this issue would have been uncovered a long time ago.

The FPR is more than adequate for this kit provided boost is kept at respectable levels.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Bagged hybrid

I've found a couple places (tranny experts) who can beef up our auto, so if you guys want to make an auto kit I'll be willing to put down the deposit.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:33 PM
///M POWER

i'd do it for a grand
Old 07-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

im in for the auto kit.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:31 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by ronnie0738
I've found a couple places (tranny experts) who can beef up our auto, so if you guys want to make an auto kit I'll be willing to put down the deposit.

what places and what will they do? Simply putting in a new TQ isn't going to do much.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Safety Car

RE: VAFC & MAP Sensor

A V-AFC is useless with the Comptech ESM as Scalbert stated. However, we are not using an ESM; rather a boost-limiting valve (one-way valve) which allows the MAP to sense vacuum but not boost. Hence, you can use the V-AFC to either richen or lean the car similarly as an NA application.

The stock injectors with an upgraded fuel pump and the Comptech FPR is sufficient for a 5psi application. The V-AFC is recommended for some fine-tuning of the air/fuel ratio. The Comptech S/C has no tuning capabilities for fuel over this kit... in fact you CAN'T use the V-AFC with the Comptech kit. The stock injectors are pretty much maxed out at 5psi of boost and ~80-90psi of fuel pressure.

In the future, if an engine management unit (Unichip, Hondata or whatever) is designed for our car, one can utilize that with a boost-happy MAP sensor (1-bar to 5-bar!).

I hope this answers some of the questions:

I don't think we plan on selling 'portions' of the kit (BlueCLS6's question) - not practical from our point of view.

You can re-visit some of my previous posts while developing this kit for questions... otherwise I will make a 'fact sheet' that spells it out. It's like this: Titand19 and myself want to market this kit. Neither of us own a business nor plan on doing this for a living. Hence we are guaging interest...
Old 07-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

fuck, I need a 6 speed.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
A V-AFC is useless with the Comptech ESM as Scalbert stated. However, we are not using an ESM; rather a boost-limiting valve (one-way valve) which allows the MAP to sense vacuum but not boost. Hence, you can use the V-AFC to either richen or lean the car similarly as an NA application.
Didn't you use the ESM though?? So now you are going to a check valve which IMO, will work well.

In that case the VAFC could be used to an extend. It is still limited until larger injectors are run at which point it becomes a much greater tool.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by allmotor_2000
You can re-visit some of my previous posts while developing this kit for questions... otherwise I will make a 'fact sheet' that spells it out. It's like this: Titand19 and myself want to market this kit. Neither of us own a business nor plan on doing this for a living. Hence we are guaging interest...
Good luck on this endeavor. It is great to see this type of thing occurring for our vehicles.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by scalbert
Didn't you use the ESM though?? So now you are going to a check valve which IMO, will work well.

In that case the VAFC could be used to an extend. It is still limited until larger injectors are run at which point it becomes a much greater tool.
I was thinking about the ESM, but was also considering the V-AFC and since they don't work together... did not continue in that route.

The V-AFC is definately limited by the car's stock injector sizing etc., but our kit is limited primarily by that!
Old 07-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
please elaborate.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Got BOOST????

Originally posted by darrinb
i'd do it for a grand
Dude, the turbo itself is amost a grand.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:49 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

DAMN good luck getting ppl to deposit 2 grand... that's a LOTTA money to drop down on anything...
Old 07-06-2003, 11:53 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Civic4982: that is why we are seeing if people on this board are actually serious. This isn't a set of springs, but half of the people here think that lowering the car is a serious mod. I know that people want it, but I need to see if we just have a bunch of talkers.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Who am I?

if i had a CL, I'd get it
Old 07-07-2003, 12:16 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

well I hope you guys get it going that'd be great... maybe in about 2305982039580 years when I get in/out of med school I might be able to afford it if it's still in production. If not I guess I get to start all over and custom one...
Old 07-07-2003, 12:21 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

how many do you need on board for them to start getting it together and testing it?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:03 AM
TRELOS

Really, what guarantee do they have? Are they also changing out the Tq converter for a stronger one? Do they replace the cluctch packs and the selinoids?

Throw up their number I would love to shoot the $hit with them about our trannies.

Juker008
Old 07-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Revving at 9K...

Please give us Auto's more info on these "Tranny Experts"....

I might do this if I can have some kind of assurance that I can beef up our slushbox.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Depending on price and if you make an auto kit... I'd be interested. I'm sure that the kit costs some money and is time consuming to make, but $5k would be a little out of my range right now.. but who knows what will happen down the road if and when this actually gets done....
Old 07-07-2003, 11:25 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Guys, like I said 5K is a MAX price. It all depends on how many people participate.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Safety Car

Guys.

Titand19 nor myself really feel like putting down $10K - $15K to buy turbo's, intercooler's, wastegate's, blow-off valves, fuel-pumps, FPRs, blah, blah, blah and you guys say... "well, I changed my mind!!"

If you are serious... let us know... if not, that's fine as well
Old 07-07-2003, 12:08 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck guys. if people are serious then they will pay. 4-5k is not ridiculous when you look at other kits. Not to mention the gains we saw from allmotor were pretty significant. Thats awesome that you guys are ofering the kit...now you just have to come up with a name for it! the "allmotor Turbo system" is a little misleading, don't you think?

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit: Who's interested?